You are not logged in.

1984 Mongoose Californian

#1 2016-08-28 4:23pm

Kpev75
Pro Member"noobile"
From: Connecticut
Signed up: 2013-12-06
Posts: 1591
Bikes: 18
Offline

1984 Mongoose Californian

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image57c33c1426.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image57c3378157.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image57c3378180.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image57c33781a6.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image57c33781d2.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/image57c3378206.jpg

1984 Mongoose Californian

Beautiful example of a survivor.

Nice original Californian.  Looks like is was uncovered from a time capsule.  I believe the grips are the only change.


http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif


***DONT BUY ANY OF MY STUFF FOR SALE! It's all garbage and it's haunted!!! DONT EVEN LOOK AT IT!***

Offline

 

#2 2016-08-28 5:24pm

norcalshan
Pico Sanchez
From: California
Signed up: 2010-06-17
Posts: 1412
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

cool


I really have BMX bikes....I swear....

Offline

 

#3 2016-08-28 5:45pm

BritUS
Museum Addict
From: Maine
Signed up: 2011-04-18
Posts: 2284
Bikes: 3
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

Wow - still has the original reflectors and chain guard!! Those were the first things to get junked BITD! lol Classic Goose. Nice find.

Offline

 

#4 2016-08-29 1:31am

Kpev75
Pro Member"noobile"
From: Connecticut
Signed up: 2013-12-06
Posts: 1591
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

BritUS wrote:

Wow - still has the original reflectors and chain guard!! Those were the first things to get junked BITD! lol Classic Goose. Nice find.

Thanks, I don't know much about these,  is that the original seat that came with them?  Viscount aero?


***DONT BUY ANY OF MY STUFF FOR SALE! It's all garbage and it's haunted!!! DONT EVEN LOOK AT IT!***

Offline

 

#5 2016-08-30 2:17pm

Lugi
Intermediate
From: Lancaster PA
Signed up: 2012-04-04
Posts: 329
Bikes: 96
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

Wow that thing looks super clean!

Offline

 

#6 2016-08-30 2:24pm

ohiobmx
Post Restriction
From: Cleveland, OH
Signed up: 2007-06-17
Posts: 2733
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

Lucky dog, they don't come more original than that.


"It's only an island if you look at it from the water."

Offline

 

#7 2016-08-30 3:01pm

Kpev75
Pro Member"noobile"
From: Connecticut
Signed up: 2013-12-06
Posts: 1591
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

Thanks, I guess the seat is original,  it's just so clean.  This thing should be in a museum!


***DONT BUY ANY OF MY STUFF FOR SALE! It's all garbage and it's haunted!!! DONT EVEN LOOK AT IT!***

Offline

 

#8 2016-08-30 5:10pm

BritUS
Museum Addict
From: Maine
Signed up: 2011-04-18
Posts: 2284
Bikes: 3
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

Heres the 1984 BMX Products catalog showing what parts were on the bike - though this seems to have been a suggestion rather then a rule! smile

  http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/Rabdul06/2460368-4_zpsd31b6529.jpg

Offline

 

#9 2016-08-31 1:48am

Kpev75
Pro Member"noobile"
From: Connecticut
Signed up: 2013-12-06
Posts: 1591
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

BritUS wrote:

Heres the 1984 BMX Products catalog showing what parts were on the bike - though this seems to have been a suggestion rather then a rule! smile

  http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm29 … 1b6529.jpg

Thanks for the info!


***DONT BUY ANY OF MY STUFF FOR SALE! It's all garbage and it's haunted!!! DONT EVEN LOOK AT IT!***

Offline

 

#10 2016-08-31 4:59am

houndog
Pro MemberTake 'er easy, dude
From: OH
Signed up: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2950
Bikes: 28
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

great bike.  I can only imagine all the PM's you are getting about selling it.  What's the story on it?  How did you find it?

Offline

 

#11 2016-08-31 5:10am

Kpev75
Pro Member"noobile"
From: Connecticut
Signed up: 2013-12-06
Posts: 1591
Bikes: 18
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

houndog wrote:

great bike.  I can only imagine all the PM's you are getting about selling it.  What's the story on it?  How did you find it?

I do have it for sale, no offers yet.  It was at a flea market,  not too cheap but he took my low offer.  I saw it there once last year and he wanted a crazy price,  gave me a story about someone offering a higher price than me.  I made my same offer this time and he said the same story so I called him on it in front of his wife.


***DONT BUY ANY OF MY STUFF FOR SALE! It's all garbage and it's haunted!!! DONT EVEN LOOK AT IT!***

Offline

 

#12 2016-08-31 5:21am

houndog
Pro MemberTake 'er easy, dude
From: OH
Signed up: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2950
Bikes: 28
Offline

Re: 1984 Mongoose Californian

Kpev75 wrote:

houndog wrote:

great bike.  I can only imagine all the PM's you are getting about selling it.  What's the story on it?  How did you find it?

I do have it for sale, no offers yet.  It was at a flea market,  not too cheap but he took my low offer.  I saw it there once last year and he wanted a crazy price,  gave me a story about someone offering a higher price than me.  I made my same offer this time and he said the same story so I called him on it in front of his wife.

ha!  Nice.  Another seller with an inflated price.  Glad it worked out.  The bike is really nice man.  I wish I could find gems like this.  Just goes to show you that there are still plenty of good bikes to be found out there.

Offline

 

Board footer