You are not logged in.

2016 Haro Master Flatland Frame Builds  RSS Feed

#1 2016-04-12 2:56pm

PoorInRichfield
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

2016 Haro Master Flatland Frame Builds

I'm not clear if there is only going to be 100 or 150 of these frames made, but either way, there won't be many of us who have 'em! 

If you have one on order (or somehow magically got one already?), share how you plan on building yours.  Are you staying all chrome, or blue, or green, or ?  Mags or spokes?  Do you plan to ride it?   

http://flatlandfuel.com/images/products/detail/HaroMasterFlatChrome.jpeg

#2 2016-04-12 3:03pm

gjgoland

Re: 2016 Haro Master Flatland Frame Builds

Going to ride mine every chance I get. Chrome rims, chrome OG knee savers and mostly black parts. Can't wait!

#3 2016-04-12 3:08pm

PoorInRichfield
Pro Member

Having built a bike just this past winter, the hardest part of that project was finding a set of wheels I liked, so I started with wheels first with this Master build.  To be different, I decided to go with blue disc wheels tongue

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1712/26123646910_3809644190_c.jpg

If you're a fan of chrome wheels, you already know it's nearly impossible to find them pre-built these days, so I had no choice but to have a custom set built for my Master build.  I ordered them from Empire BMX as I've had good customer service from them with my previous build.  I didn't think they'd arrive before the frame, but I was wrong...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1620/25791733024_74c37dbc57_c.jpg

The next part that will take a bit of thought is the handlebars.  I like chrome Haro kneesavers, but I don't see any for sale right now that don't look all beat-up.

I'm thinking this bike might just be mostly chrome and black since I plan on riding it and don't want to spend too much time making it look pretty.  I made my Supercross (shown behind the wheels) look too pretty, now I'm afraid to ride it. hmm

#4 2016-04-12 4:50pm

REDLINE-FANatic
Pro Member"Tromboner"
Bikes: 4

Can't wait! I've already got everything for it. Green brake cables, Green Dominator, Lineage Stem with the top cap Powdered Green, Chrome Peregrine 48 HP rims laced with Chrome spokes and nips to a front Chrome Phat Jack hub and a rear Bone Deth 48 polished hub, chrome Lineage bars with the retro crossbar, chrome laid back seatpost and polished Dia-compe clamp, Haro 28 tooth retro compact disk chainwheel, Chrome Lineage group one cranks, Polished Lineage platform pedals, polished Odyssey Evo II front and rears with Ultra werks polished brake bridges, Polished tech 77's, polished Snafu Mobeus and top top plate, Haro polished headset, silver Odyssey Bigfoot pegs, black & white Unitrons, black Panaracer HP tires . It's a rough tribute build to my beloved Chrome Master from 86.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/8521/image570d888168.png

Last edited by REDLINE-FANatic (2016-04-12 4:57pm)

"New Information has come to light man!"

#5 2016-04-12 8:42pm

wadeaminute
Pro MemberSpell Check

Mine is mostly going to be the parts on my current flat bike, with the addition of an SST Woody Itson coaster hubbed wheel, as I destroyed my Tuff Wheel last summer.
It will have four titanium MacNeil pegs. That's unique, I bet.
And I found an SST Dual Cable Adapter to use. That's pretty cool.
The coolest part may be which frame I may be getting.

(I think)

***I have stopped posting at 1000. That will do. Cheers

#6 2016-04-13 6:55am

BMX_DNA
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
Website

I'm on a waiting list for one!

I hate waiting...

WANTED:
General Bicycles Jersey, Excellent Condition, Adult L or XL

#7 2016-04-13 8:04am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
Website

I'm so stoked to see everyone's bikes built up.  Please tag me on all social media @bdc4130 or Brett Downs on FB.  I'm proud of this frame and want to see everyone enjoying them.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#8 2016-04-14 3:37pm

PoorInRichfield
Pro Member

pwh4130 wrote:

I'm so stoked to see everyone's bikes built up.  Please tag me on all social media @bdc4130 or Brett Downs on FB.  I'm proud of this frame and want to see everyone enjoying them.

Pardon my complete ignorance, Mr. Downs, but I didn't know who you are until I looked-up your Linked-In profile and saw that not only do you work for Haro, but you're apparently among the "BMX greats" wink  Since it looks like you're a little older than I am and have been in the BMX scene for a looooong time, I have no idea why I hadn't heard your name come-up before. hmm

Anyway, I can only assume you had a part in or were the driving force behind the flatland frame being made?   I haven't been able to find much information about the creation of the flatland frame and it was pretty much by accident that I even found-out it was available since it's not advertised on the Haro website (or at least not that I've found).  I have since sold the DMC Master I got last month to justify the crazy amount of money I'm likely going to spend building-up my new flatland frame. big_smile  When I started my midlife crisis a few years ago (i.e., started getting back into flatland freestyle), my "perfect bike" would've been a chrome Master frame... and now that wish is becoming a reality!  Thanks!

#9 2016-04-14 4:53pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

PoorInRichfield wrote:

pwh4130 wrote:

Pardon my complete ignorance, Mr. Downs, but I didn't know who you are until I looked-up your Linked-In profile and saw that not only do you work for Haro, but you're apparently among the "BMX greats" wink  Since it looks like you're a little older than I am and have been in the BMX scene for a looooong time, I have no idea why I hadn't heard your name come-up before. hmm

Anyway, I can only assume you had a part in or were the driving force behind the flatland frame being made?   I haven't been able to find much information about the creation of the flatland frame and it was pretty much by accident that I even found-out it was available since it's not advertised on the Haro website (or at least not that I've found).  I have since sold the DMC Master I got last month to justify the crazy amount of money I'm likely going to spend building-up my new flatland frame. big_smile  When I started my midlife crisis a few years ago (i.e., started getting back into flatland freestyle), my "perfect bike" would've been a chrome Master frame... and now that wish is becoming a reality!  Thanks!

Thanks. Yeah, I've been riding for a minute!  I pushed for the flat Master and did the R&D as well as tested it. I've been on the prototypes for over a year. I still ride-a lot!  Never stopped and designed the frame based on the idea that nobody under 35 would buy it. I set the geometry for the tricks we do and how we ride.  It's a good overall bike. You can see mine in the museum here. Just click on my profile and find my bikes.

#10 2016-04-14 5:07pm

PoorInRichfield
Pro Member

pwh4130 wrote:

Thanks. Yeah, I've been riding for a minute!  I pushed for the flat Master and did the R&D as well as tested it. I've been on the prototypes for over a year. I still ride-a lot!  Never stopped and designed the frame based on the idea that nobody under 35 would buy it. I set the geometry for the tricks we do and how we ride.  It's a good overall bike. You can see mine in the museum here. Just click on my profile and find my bikes.

Now I'm curious as to whether or not anyone under the age of 35 did pre-order the frame! lol (I'm just shy of 42.)

I'm slowly starting to put the pieces together... I did see your Master bike in a different post on these forums.  I was wonder how you got a white one before anyone else got one at all... it makes sense now.

Thanks for putting in the effort to make my mid-life crisis bike dream come true.  The frame is exactly what I wanted... chrome, 990 brake mounted under the seat stay, built-in chain tensioner, shorter top-tube length... I can't wait until it arrives!  Too bad all those young whipper-snappers don't appreciate such a work of art wink

Now I'll go back to watching all the YouTube videos I've found of you riding... cool

Last edited by PoorInRichfield (2016-04-14 5:08pm)

#11 2016-04-14 5:08pm

VANILLA GORILLA
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/202129

These don't look bad smile

Last edited by VANILLA GORILLA (2016-04-14 5:09pm)

#12 2016-04-14 5:27pm

eightyfivegt
Pro Member

PoorInRichfield wrote:

pwh4130 wrote:

Plywood Hoods, bro!  Mucho respect! cool

Oh, and...there goes the price on classic Kneesavers! lol

Last edited by eightyfivegt (2016-04-14 5:36pm)

Wanted: one copy of the last issue of BMX plus magazine!
Escaped from Detroit...and lived to tell about it!
Black Widows Central Florida Faction Ambassador

#13 2016-04-14 5:53pm

angrykevin

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab185/angrykevin/Mobile%20Uploads/20160414_203917.jpg

Most of my parts ready to go. Waiting on a few small things. Pegs, frame, etc.

Very excited about this one.

Thanks Brett!

#14 2016-04-16 7:17pm

PoorInRichfield
Pro Member

angrykevin wrote:

Your picture reminded me of how many parts I have yet to order before I could even consider riding the frame once it gets here.  So, I wasted a lot of time the past two days buying stuff...

- Chrome Colony custom wheelset (pictured above)
- Chrome Haro kneesavers (purchased on eBay today)
- Polished Colony Brethren U-Brakes
- Polished Eclat Sniper Brake Levers
- Black and Blue Colony Fantastic Plastic Pedals
- Black Eclat Escape tyres
- Black Viscount Dominator seat... ur, at least I hope to buy one when Porkchop BMX gets his shipment in!
- Chrome Haro Lineage 990 fork
- Chrome Haro Group 1 3-peice cranks
- Haro CD chainring
- Silver Haro Lineage front-load stem

The bummer is that half of what I ordered came from Chain Reaction in the UK.  It's getting so hard to find shiny BMX parts these days!

#15 2016-04-16 7:58pm

angrykevin

PoorInRichfield wrote:

angrykevin wrote:

Your picture reminded me of how many parts I have yet to order before I could even consider riding the frame once it gets here.  So, I wasted a lot of time the past two days buying stuff...

- Black Viscount Dominator seat... ur, at least I hope to buy one when Porkchop BMX gets his shipment in!
- Haro CD chainring

The bummer is that half of what I ordered came from Chain Reaction in the UK.  It's getting so hard to find shiny BMX parts these days!

That's going to be a good looking rig!

#16 2016-04-16 8:05pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 2

marked lets see the builds.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#17 2016-04-16 11:18pm

JHARJO
Pro Member

Can't wait to see all the builds!

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

#18 2016-04-17 4:37am

wadeaminute
Pro MemberSpell Check

PoorInRichfield wrote:

angrykevin wrote:

- Haro CD chainring

I respectfully submit that the Dominator seat is the wrong move.

(I think)

#19 2016-04-17 5:26am

unfit4society
Pro Memberbeehive neck
Bikes: 6
Website

wadeaminute wrote:

Mine is mostly going to be the parts on my current flat bike, with the addition of an SST Woody Itson coaster hubbed wheel, as I destroyed my Tuff Wheel last summer.

How many teeth on that SST hub? May not work

Please help my Nephew if you can, check my website space.

#20 2016-04-17 5:29am

wadeaminute
Pro MemberSpell Check

unfit4society wrote:

wadeaminute wrote:

12, with a 33 or 34 up front. I realize that chain allignment will be dodgy, but I will make the most of it. I appreciate the concern - thanks!

(I think)

#21 2016-04-17 6:43am

unfit4society
Pro Memberbeehive neck
Bikes: 6
Website

wadeaminute wrote:

unfit4society wrote:

wadeaminute wrote:

12, with a 33 or 34 up front. I realize that chain allignment will be dodgy, but I will make the most of it. I appreciate the concern - thanks!

I would love to run a coaster on mine when i get it! Smallest cog i have is 14.. oh well, good excuse to have 2 flat bikes, the coaster will go on the Pro-Compe. smile

Please help my Nephew if you can, check my website space.

#22 2016-04-17 9:11am

angrykevin

unfit4society wrote:

wadeaminute wrote:

unfit4society wrote:

I would love to run a coaster on mine when i get it! Smallest cog i have is 14.. oh well, good excuse to have 2 flat bikes, the coaster will go on the Pro-Compe. smile

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab185/angrykevin/Mobile%20Uploads/FW2204__71723.1403972307.320.320.jpg

13t.

This is where I'm at so far. Would like to be able to make an 11 work.

#23 2016-04-17 10:10am

wadeaminute
Pro MemberSpell Check

angrykevin wrote:

unfit4society wrote:

wadeaminute wrote:

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab18 … 20.320.jpg

13t.

This is where I'm at so far. Would like to be able to make an 11 work.

I seem to remember Graveyard making a one-piece driver with an 11t for Suntour guts - yes? No? Probably super-hard to find. I would love such a thing.

(I think)

#24 2016-04-17 10:44am

PoorInRichfield
Pro Member

wadeaminute wrote:

I respectfully submit that the Dominator seat is the wrong move.

No love for the Dominator seat?  What seat do you prefer?

It's not that I'm in love with those seats, it's just that I want something relatively tough.  Since this is a flatland bike, I don't plan on sitting on the seat much.  About the only other seat I've seen that I kind of like is the Odyssey 99er, but they cost a lot more on the used market.

#25 2016-04-17 11:11am

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

The Dominator seat is incredibly weak actually.  They pop off the rails easily.  If you must have a hard plastic seat, find an old GT one.

Board footer

View Cart →