You are not logged in.

My SCORE OF ALL SCORES! No need to keep collecting. Can't be topped!  RSS Feed

#51 2016-01-30 4:53am

WalkerInTN
Expert

Re: My SCORE OF ALL SCORES! No need to keep collecting. Can't be topped!

That's cool as hell Todd, glad you found one! cool

"That's no moon, it's a space station."

#52 2016-01-30 10:43am

ricar
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

That is pretty awesome. Some of the stories bikes go through are amazing in their own rite.

If I may relate a story...

I built a frame for a guy who raced for Specialized in the late 90s. He lawn darted it on a decent jump and figured that was the end of the frame, I got a call from him raving that it survived but the fork bent. He fixed the fork and a day later it got stolen out of his truck. He figured it was gone as he was moving. The new house was only about a 10 minute drive but in another town, and doesn't he see a kid riding his bike past the car wash. He stops the kid and asks where he got the bike, kid says at a garage sale for $200. My buddy takes him to the bank gives the kid $200 and takes the bike back. "The kid said wow I thought you were going to punch me in the head!" Bike gets stolen again the next summer and doesn't he see some little kids riding it 50 yards from his house, they tell him they found it in a ditch!. He bought a new Sunday while it was missing so now the frame hangs in his garage, he is afraid it will get stolen again.

Every time I get on my bike I win. Ms.BMX.

#53 2016-01-30 10:56am

Knarly
Pro Member
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 3

ricar wrote:

That is pretty awesome. Some of the stories bikes go through are amazing in their own rite.

If I may relate a story...

I built a frame for a guy who raced for Specialized in the late 90s. He lawn darted it on a decent jump and figured that was the end of the frame, I got a call from him raving that it survived but the fork bent. He fixed the fork and a day later it got stolen out of his truck. He figured it was gone as he was moving. The new house was only about a 10 minute drive but in another town, and doesn't he see a kid riding his bike past the car wash. He stops the kid and asks where he got the bike, kid says at a garage sale for $200. My buddy takes him to the bank gives the kid $200 and takes the bike back. "The kid said wow I thought you were going to punch me in the head!" Bike gets stolen again the next summer and doesn't he see some little kids riding it 50 yards from his house, they tell him they found it in a ditch!. He bought a new Sunday while it was missing so now the frame hangs in his garage, he is afraid it will get stolen again.

Wow what are the odds, great story!

LOOKING FOR........   And or Trade items
-Black Kuwahara lightening bolt stem pad   
-Red tech 3 rear brake lever                       
-42, 43, or 44 PPP silver chain ring

"WHEN IN DOUBT, CRANK IT !"

#54 2016-01-31 6:45am

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member
Bikes: 11

Here's a pic of the actual frame from way back (late 80's) being ridden at our local trails in Canyon Country. http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/bartaylorad/IMG_NEW_NEW_NEW_zps5aae3958.jpg

If it's got two wheels, jump it.

#55 2016-01-31 3:07pm

Techron
Pro Member

Knarly wrote:

Wow that's a great story Todd ! It's awesome that you didn't stop searching until Scott had one of his own. I love it !

Welcome to the museum Techron (Ron?), I'm very happy that you changed your mind and pulled it out of the dumpster, the best part is that after you were done with it, it ended up in the right hands and I'm sure you feel great about that.
The bad thing is that now you have been exposed to the site and surrounded by other BMX guys that share the same love that I'm sure is still in you and been surpressed by life, I think you may soon be having second thoughts about selling it and are very likely to start buying BMX bikes again or possibly restoring others you may have around! lol

Score and feel good story of the year! cool

I have never stopped riding bikes. Almost 20 years as a suspension tuner in the mountain bike industry and I still love what I do everyday. I actually have a pretty collection of some weird stuff that I own.

#56 2016-01-31 3:09pm

Techron
Pro Member

TuRBo Todd wrote:

Here's a pic of the actual frame from way back (late 80's) being ridden at our local trails in Canyon Country. http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162 … ae3958.jpg

Is this up white's or Nadel?

#57 2016-01-31 3:16pm

Techron
Pro Member

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/226101/image56ae956f33.jpeg
This is where the frame hung for almost 20 years

#58 2016-01-31 4:30pm

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member

big_smile The riding pic was our local riding spot (the only one in Canyon Country I was aware of in 1988) right next to the highway as you headed west out of CC.

#59 2016-01-31 7:58pm

bmxerpete
Pro Member
Bikes: 10

Todd this is so cool to hear, I know how long you were searching for one. Way cool that you gave it to Scott...bet he was beyond stoked.

#60 2016-01-31 10:19pm

teamrandr
mongoosed
Bikes: 7

Todd this is so exciting!!!!  It makes me happy knowing you found this for Scott.  I remember talking about this at the shop a few times.  What an incredible story!  To think it almost ended up in the dump!   Is it going to get bulit up or left as a frame?

I wouldn't be here today if the old school didn't pave the way.

#61 2016-02-01 9:24am

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member

I'm not sure what Scott's going to do with it. My guess would be to build it, but I'm not sure.

#62 2016-02-01 7:13pm

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member

From the August '88 issue of BMX Plus!, here's a pic of me on the prototype Secret Cycles frame (note the slight difference in where the seatstay meets the chainstay. This was perfect.). http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/bartaylorad/IMG_1933_zps6zwsdne1.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s162/bartaylorad/IMG_1937_zpst4p6endc.jpg

#63 2016-11-02 11:58am

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member

Can't help but big_smile when I come across this from time to time.

#64 2016-11-02 3:48pm

ricar
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

No doubt!

My vote is build it up and post some pics!

Last edited by ricar (2016-11-02 3:49pm)

Every time I get on my bike I win. Ms.BMX.

Board footer

View Cart →