You are not logged in.

1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

#1 2016-01-03 3:41pm

TEXMEXBMX
Pro Member
From: TEJAS
Registered: 2012-05-09
Posts: 1680
Bikes: 7
Offline

1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

https://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_27075689a88c91.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_27065689a87f36.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_27055689a881b7.jpg https://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_27085689a8886a.jpg

1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

Rebel This

Second generation Rebel Racing Johnny Reb made frame. 
Characteristics are the flat brake bridge, longer dropouts with serial number engraved, and wider spaced chainstays at the BB.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Offline

 

#2 2016-01-03 4:11pm

MickRich393
Pro Member
From: Fukui, Japan
Registered: 2010-08-29
Posts: 5865
Bikes: 11
Website
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

Very cool


Check out my 1983 VDC-built Trident, 1983 Kuwi Laserlite, 2010 GT Ultrabox 2, 2011 Crupi race rig and prototype Quamen, plus the all things Crupi & old school scene in Japan threads. Always interested in buying used, mid-school race plates.

Offline

 

#3 2016-01-03 7:08pm

2much2crank
Member
From: corpus christi
Registered: 2015-01-27
Posts: 36
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

That's what I'm talking about:cool:

Offline

 

#4 2016-01-04 4:25pm

bigfattires
Museum Newbie
From: Arvada, CO
Registered: 2013-01-14
Posts: 24
Bikes: 3
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

Congrats!  looks great!  Brings back some memories.  I had the same cranks, wheels (looks like UKAI silver side with ??? hubs) and v-bars.  Very nice.

Offline

 

#5 2016-01-09 9:56am

Texasbmx
BMXer 4 Life
From: TX
Registered: 2014-05-16
Posts: 7664
Website
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

Nice. Interesting that it has a serial # as well as the flat brake bridge. Most have either a serial number and round brake bridge or flat brake bridge and no serial. What is the serial and which dropout is it on?

Offline

 

#6 2016-01-09 10:30am

80 PRO-LINE
Freewheel Burning
From: Collierville, TN
Registered: 2007-08-11
Posts: 1981
Bikes: 6
Website
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

Rad ride! cool


Greg - Old CJBMX Veteran racing again after 30-year hiatus cool
'80 Redline Pro-Line   '08 Redline Proline 24
'09 Redline MX-20      '09 Redline MX-24
'13 Redline Flight Pro XXL
'14 Redline Flight Pro 24
'14 Haro Flightline Carbon 29 Comp

[img]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/meanbuicks/BMX/RL_anim8_zpszyfbxcfm.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#7 2016-01-09 8:02pm

TEXMEXBMX
Pro Member
From: TEJAS
Registered: 2012-05-09
Posts: 1680
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

Texasbmx wrote:

Nice. Interesting that it has a serial # as well as the flat brake bridge. Most have either a serial number and round brake bridge or flat brake bridge and no serial. What is the serial and which dropout is it on?

Thx. 346 on the left outside dropout. Seems to by a 1.5 version Johnny Reb.

Offline

 

#8 2016-01-09 8:03pm

TEXMEXBMX
Pro Member
From: TEJAS
Registered: 2012-05-09
Posts: 1680
Bikes: 7
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

bigfattires wrote:

Congrats!  looks great!  Brings back some memories.  I had the same cranks, wheels (looks like UKAI silver side with ??? hubs) and v-bars.  Very nice.

Thanks Dan.  Sunshine hubs.

Offline

 

#9 2016-01-10 3:41am

Texasbmx
BMXer 4 Life
From: TX
Registered: 2014-05-16
Posts: 7664
Website
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

TEXMEXBMX wrote:

Texasbmx wrote:

Nice. Interesting that it has a serial # as well as the flat brake bridge. Most have either a serial number and round brake bridge or flat brake bridge and no serial. What is the serial and which dropout is it on?

Thx. 346 on the left outside dropout. Seems to by a 1.5 version Johnny Reb.

Sounds like it could have been one of the first with a serial, before they made the full switch. from what I remember they added the serial because it became the law. Whatever the story is,  there's no denying how cool a loop tail rebel is

Offline

 

#10 2017-06-26 1:44pm

trailerparkpimp
Pro Member45th Tooth
From: 3rd Coast...Seabrook, Texas
Registered: 2014-10-13
Posts: 1498
Bikes: 10
Offline

Re: 1982 Rebel Racing Johnny Rebel

Great looking bike, I would of rode the wheels off that thing BITD.


WILL NOT DEAL WITH:
Oldschool4life...Check her feedback, it literally speaks for itself, BROKE LOOSER

Offline

 

Board footer