You are not logged in.

Beer!  RSS Feed

#51 2016-01-29 7:03pm

itsdug
Pro MemberMike Hunt
Website

Re: Beer!

I always say, my favorite "cheap" beer is Shiner Bock.

BMX IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

I love this place ©®

#52 2016-01-29 7:10pm

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of the Hills
Bikes: 20

sawdoff85 wrote:

MaxTegRoom wrote:

"A Bass Ale a day keeps the doctor away" this statement has not been reviewed by the fda.

I've been known to walk out of a restaurant when told they don't have Bass ale

lol

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#53 2016-01-29 7:14pm

perront

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

OhGee wrote:

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

I get a black ipa out of Michigan  called anger ?   Good stuff.

lets hit up 3 floyds sometime big_smile

Ok.   I am going to hold you to that.

What, 3 weeks away?  IN!

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#54 2016-01-29 7:16pm

perront

I like MANY beers, but it's sure hard to beat a cool pint of Guinness.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#55 2016-01-29 7:21pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 62
For Sale: 3
Website

My favorite cheap beer.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/image56ac2c0fc4.jpg

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9d4c6707-718c-4ec3-9aeb-aef1bc82caa95c467c81b6.jpeg[/img]

#56 2016-01-30 6:32am

manida
Pro Member
Bikes: 24

i drink WAY too much of this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/mtbnate/Happy%20Hour/854cce9e.jpg

#57 2016-01-30 9:27am

old bmx dad/Ted
Pro MemberSupreme Robinson Collector
Bikes: 18

perront wrote:

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

OhGee wrote:

lets hit up 3 floyds sometime big_smile

What, 3 weeks away?  IN!

Lets pick a day.

44T-Chicago Life member.                  1983 Robinson Cruiser ..  Thank you Brian ...

Birthplace & Home of the Robinson sanctuary .

Trailorparkpimps #1 big friend.      OTB.....past member.

Bird you will be missed .

#58 2016-01-30 10:56am

perront

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

perront wrote:

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

What, 3 weeks away?  IN!

Lets pick a day.

I'll be out there Friday evening, so I don't know if I'll get a chance outside of Hooters.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#59 2016-01-30 11:44am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Drinking woman beer today. Damn tasty.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/image56ad12709d.jpg

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/9d4c6707-718c-4ec3-9aeb-aef1bc82caa95c467c81b6.jpeg[/img]

#60 2016-02-02 6:40am

OhGee
Pro MemberJet Life
Bikes: 17

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

perront wrote:

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

What, 3 weeks away?  IN!

Lets pick a day.

any day after 6!

.                                      Plot All Night
                                   Bust Moves All Day
                                 It's Just The JET Way

Est. '91

#61 2016-02-02 7:16am

old bmx dad/Ted

perront wrote:

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

perront wrote:

What, 3 weeks away?  IN!

Lets pick a day.

I'll be out there Friday evening, so I don't know if I'll get a chance outside of Hooters.

This friday the 5th ??? Im doing dad lad with the boy scouts.

44T-Chicago Life member.                  1983 Robinson Cruiser ..  Thank you Brian ...

#62 2016-02-09 4:00pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Treats for me
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/image56ba7d78e1.jpg

#63 2016-02-10 2:41pm

cmc
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

There seems to be a trend right now in Sour beer, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sour_beer which I have to admit is about the only beer I actively dislike (so far, I guess.... unless I find one I like).

It's like drinking flat beer with a couple of shots of vinegar in it.

Witness the hype.....

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2014/03/b … views.html

When I had my first taste of sour beer, I was attending a rare beer event. As I scanned the room, watching adults excitedly scamper about like acne-ridden teenagers at their first school dance, I zeroed in on a bottle making its way towards me. Its mere presence caused a hush to pervade the room. All eyes were on it, and all glasses were worshipfully being thrust towards its bottleneck, eager to receive the liquid blessing.

I obtained my pour and stuck my nose into the glass. What the? Are you frickin' kidding me? It smelled of horse butt dabbed with vinegar and blue cheese. I took a sip, my mouth recoiled and my cheeks burned from the dry, skin-shredding acidity. I half expected Ashton Kutcher to jump out, tackle me like a rag doll, and shout, "You've been Punk'd, punk!" But beneath the tastebud confusion, a fire was lit somewhere deep inside. In that one sip, Cantillon, a much-revered Belgian lambic brewery, had baptized me and honestly, my life would never be the same.

Over time, I've come to crave sour beers like one does the endorphin rush from a hot sauce bottle adorned with skulls and crossbones. If you've never ventured far from pale lagers and wheat beers adorned with an orange slice, this category would be a daring leap. But should you wish to experience the wild west of the beer world, this is it. And the brave will be rewarded.

The category of "sour beer" is somewhat undefined, but certainly rooted in a long brewing history. Belgium in particular is home to many of these, including the funk-filled world of Lambic—the prized granddaddy of them all, and the oldest still-produced beer style in the world. Belgium is also home to Flanders Reds and Oud Bruins, both of which ripple with fruit aromas and drink like malty, rich, liquefied Sour Patch Kids.

Three words pop up continually when you discuss sour beers:  Pediococcus, Lactobacillus, and Brettanomyces. What are these strange terms? A list of afflictions one receives after eating a two-pound microwavable dinner at 4 am? Nope, these are the lovable strains of bacteria and wild yeast (often referred to as "bugs") that make it all possible. Be it through barrel-aging, open air fermentation, tossing in of fruit, or by inoculating with these wild yeasts and bacteria, brewers are pushing into this untamed world as never before, and the results are zippy, vinegar-tart creations that will leave your mouth a-pucker.

Sours are challenging, expensive, and risky beers to make. Any brewer will tell you that these brews separate the men from the boys, the grain from the chaff, and the artists from the business-minded. While most ales take two to three weeks to produce, sours can take up to two to three years and because space in a brewery is prime real estate, having this stuff just sitting around, totally unsure if it's ever going to amount to anything delicious is a gamble. And much like in the movie Outbreak, if these wild bugs get lose in your brewery and spread over your equipment, you're in for one hell of a crime scene cleanup.... and Morgan Freeman ain't gonna save you. Wineries and breweries go to great lengths to keep Brett and Lacto far away, so just bringing them into your operation is a huge risk. But, the glory is legendary.  Breweries that can successfully conquer this category sit at the top, revered by all who attempted and failed, or who didn't have the chutzpah to step onto the field.

The sour craze is now in full swing, and brewers from California to New York, Scandinavia to Japan are jumping in the game. Some are turning out murky failures that are best poured down the drain, while some are having stellar results. It's never been a more exciting time for beer geeks.

I gathered a group of beer pros together for several tastings to try out nearly 50 different domestic and international sours that were released in the last six to twelve months. Some of these are the first bottlings of new creations, while others are recently refined and re-released beers that have appeared before. Below are our top 20 favorites, in no particular order."

20", 22", 24", 26", and 700c !

#64 2016-02-10 4:22pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Sounds hideous

#65 2016-02-10 4:34pm

sithlord3
Pro MemberFan of Kurt Rad

Sour beer isn't good. My wife likes it. She hates beer. Should tell you something...

Beer.

#66 2016-02-10 4:50pm

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 160
Website

We even have "Puckerfest" here in Portland. A sour beer festival. The 10th Puckerfest is coming this summer.
http://www.belmont-station.com/puckerfe … 4-20-2015/
I still prefer "reg old beer" but if your in Portland some of the best sour beers around are at Cascade Brewing.
http://cascadebrewingbarrelhouse.com/index.php?p=beer

#67 2016-02-10 4:54pm

eric12
Pro MemberThink For a Change
For Sale: 2

Kurt_Rad wrote:

She sounds hideous

fixed.

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

Girls like diamonds, but guys like chrome.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways, but you take the cake.

#68 2016-02-10 5:02pm

perront

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

perront wrote:

old bmx dad/Ted wrote:

Lets pick a day.

This friday the 5th ??? Im doing dad lad with the boy scouts.

Naw, bro -- the night before the show.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#69 2016-02-10 5:02pm

perront

cmc wrote:

There seems to be a trend right now in Sour beer, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sour_beer which I have to admit is about the only beer I actively dislike (so far, I guess.... unless I find one I like).

It's like drinking flat beer with a couple of shots of vinegar in it.

Witness the hype.....

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2014/03/b … views.html

When I had my first taste of sour beer, I was attending a rare beer event. As I scanned the room, watching adults excitedly scamper about like acne-ridden teenagers at their first school dance, I zeroed in on a bottle making its way towards me. Its mere presence caused a hush to pervade the room. All eyes were on it, and all glasses were worshipfully being thrust towards its bottleneck, eager to receive the liquid blessing.

I obtained my pour and stuck my nose into the glass. What the? Are you frickin' kidding me? It smelled of horse butt dabbed with vinegar and blue cheese. I took a sip, my mouth recoiled and my cheeks burned from the dry, skin-shredding acidity. I half expected Ashton Kutcher to jump out, tackle me like a rag doll, and shout, "You've been Punk'd, punk!" But beneath the tastebud confusion, a fire was lit somewhere deep inside. In that one sip, Cantillon, a much-revered Belgian lambic brewery, had baptized me and honestly, my life would never be the same.

Over time, I've come to crave sour beers like one does the endorphin rush from a hot sauce bottle adorned with skulls and crossbones. If you've never ventured far from pale lagers and wheat beers adorned with an orange slice, this category would be a daring leap. But should you wish to experience the wild west of the beer world, this is it. And the brave will be rewarded.

The category of "sour beer" is somewhat undefined, but certainly rooted in a long brewing history. Belgium in particular is home to many of these, including the funk-filled world of Lambic—the prized granddaddy of them all, and the oldest still-produced beer style in the world. Belgium is also home to Flanders Reds and Oud Bruins, both of which ripple with fruit aromas and drink like malty, rich, liquefied Sour Patch Kids.

Three words pop up continually when you discuss sour beers:  Pediococcus, Lactobacillus, and Brettanomyces. What are these strange terms? A list of afflictions one receives after eating a two-pound microwavable dinner at 4 am? Nope, these are the lovable strains of bacteria and wild yeast (often referred to as "bugs") that make it all possible. Be it through barrel-aging, open air fermentation, tossing in of fruit, or by inoculating with these wild yeasts and bacteria, brewers are pushing into this untamed world as never before, and the results are zippy, vinegar-tart creations that will leave your mouth a-pucker.

Sours are challenging, expensive, and risky beers to make. Any brewer will tell you that these brews separate the men from the boys, the grain from the chaff, and the artists from the business-minded. While most ales take two to three weeks to produce, sours can take up to two to three years and because space in a brewery is prime real estate, having this stuff just sitting around, totally unsure if it's ever going to amount to anything delicious is a gamble. And much like in the movie Outbreak, if these wild bugs get lose in your brewery and spread over your equipment, you're in for one hell of a crime scene cleanup.... and Morgan Freeman ain't gonna save you. Wineries and breweries go to great lengths to keep Brett and Lacto far away, so just bringing them into your operation is a huge risk. But, the glory is legendary.  Breweries that can successfully conquer this category sit at the top, revered by all who attempted and failed, or who didn't have the chutzpah to step onto the field.

The sour craze is now in full swing, and brewers from California to New York, Scandinavia to Japan are jumping in the game. Some are turning out murky failures that are best poured down the drain, while some are having stellar results. It's never been a more exciting time for beer geeks.

I gathered a group of beer pros together for several tastings to try out nearly 50 different domestic and international sours that were released in the last six to twelve months. Some of these are the first bottlings of new creations, while others are recently refined and re-released beers that have appeared before. Below are our top 20 favorites, in no particular order."

I'll pass.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#70 2016-02-16 4:00pm

sithlord3

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/62094/image56c3b80222.jpg

Beer.

#71 2016-02-16 9:57pm

Raven
ModeratorRetired Action Man
Bikes: 13
Website

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Drinking woman beer today. Damn tasty.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 12709d.jpg

That,s a good drop Kurt difficult to get down under but when I see it always buy it ..........wink

This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

#72 2016-02-17 1:27pm

old bmx dad/Ted

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/9779/20160217_15085856c4e58e0f.jpg

Making dinner.

#73 2016-02-19 4:41pm

sithlord3

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/62094/image56c7b63151.jpg
Got lucky today. Can't ever find G Bot

Beer.

#74 2016-02-19 6:37pm

teachbmxcharlie
Pro Member

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/31892/1455935759364111684189756c7d1298d.jpg
Trying the Belgian style at 10%ABV.

#75 2016-02-19 7:07pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/image56c7d8824e.jpg

Board footer

View Cart →