2008 MirraCo Project 18  RSS Feed

#1 2008-07-11 7:54am

GTalltheway
Intermediate
Bikes: 10

2008 MirraCo Project 18

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/imgp3894.jpg

2008 MirraCo Project 18

Awsome new school bike.  Bought this for my son.  18" and weighs less than 20 pounds.

Aluminum frame and high end components. I was told there is only 100 made. if anyone can confirm this please let me know. My son loves this bike and every kid in the neighborhood wants one just like it. The weight is amazing and perfect for my 7 year old.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

I love 80's GT Freestyle

#2 2008-08-25 11:55pm

Oldschooljay
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 1

Re: 2008 MirraCo Project 18

Hi , think there was 250 geting made . I notice you have put what looks like a 16T on the back , is that because the 25/9 ratio was way to high , is it any better now or is it a tad to low a ratio now ? Just wondering as the 25/9 ratio did look like it would be to high and i've just ordered one for me son and i'm going for 23/11 ratio , what you think ? Nice bike too , Jay ...

#3 2008-08-26 4:59am

GTalltheway
Intermediate

Oldschooljay wrote:

Hi , think there was 250 geting made . I notice you have put what looks like a 16T on the back , is that because the 25/9 ratio was way to high , is it any better now or is it a tad to low a ratio now ? Just wondering as the 25/9 ratio did look like it would be to high and i've just ordered one for me son and i'm going for 23/11 ratio , what you think ? Nice bike too , Jay ...

its actually a 15 tooth cog that fit.  The reason why it was installed is because the old one stripped/teeth fell right off.  I have seen this happen on two of these mirra project bikes.

joe

I love 80's GT Freestyle

#4 2009-08-17 8:13pm

mintvint
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

Hey I just scored one of these for my son.  I settled in on this this bike after alot of research and thought how perfect it would be for my son.  So I went to my LBS and saw the 2010 Mirraco catalog, it appears that Mirraco has dropped the Project line of bikes from their catalog. So, I had my LBS contact Mirraco and it appears that they are sold out of the Project 18s!  I then started to look for this bike on-line and began calling shops locally.  Fortunately, I found a shop that had a 2008 model.   That said, your son might want to hang on to his as I imagine that they will become a true rarity especially if Mirraco doesn't make anymore.  Anyway, how does your son like his?  Other than the rear cog, anything else to report?  Thanks.  - sweet bike!

#5 2009-08-17 8:29pm

GTalltheway
Intermediate

mintvint wrote:

Hey I just scored one of these for my son.  I settled in on this this bike after alot of research and thought how perfect it would be for my son.  So I went to my LBS and saw the 2010 Mirraco catalog, it appears that Mirraco has dropped the Project line of bikes from their catalog. So, I had my LBS contact Mirraco and it appears that they are sold out of the Project 18s!  I then started to look for this bike on-line and began calling shops locally.  Fortunately, I found a shop that had a 2008 model.   That said, your son might want to hang on to his as I imagine that they will become a true rarity especially if Mirraco doesn't make anymore.  Anyway, how does your son like his?  Other than the rear cog, anything else to report?  Thanks.  - sweet bike!

He loves it.  I tried 3 other contacts to get the rear cassett cog fixed, but no luck.   One mechanic told me to find a new hub and relace it.

I love 80's GT Freestyle

#6 2009-08-18 3:59am

Whisper21342
Intermediate
Bikes: 9

looks good.

#7 2009-08-27 6:19am

GTalltheway
Intermediate

mintvint wrote:

Finally the search is over.  It wasn't a cog,  I had to buy a new casette with attached cog.  it slid in perfrect.  got the
part # from mirra co.  turned out to be a $10 part and the bike is back to original.   The reason it was such a hard fix is the bike shop installed another casset that took slide on cogs so it threw me off.  now it looks and drive great.

I love 80's GT Freestyle

#8 2009-08-27 6:21am

GTalltheway
Intermediate

GTalltheway wrote:

mintvint wrote:

Finally the search is over.  It wasn't a cog,  I had to buy a new CASSETTE DRIVER.  it slid in perfrect.  got the
part # from mirra co.  turned out to be a $10 part and the bike is back to original.   The reason it was such a hard fix is the bike shop installed another casset that took slide on cogs so it threw me off.  now it looks and drive great.

I love 80's GT Freestyle

#9 2010-09-04 10:18am

speedracer43
Pro Member

Please let me know if you ever want to sell this.

Thanks

Wanted: Kuwahara Bravo Pro

#10 2011-02-06 11:04am

GTalltheway
Intermediate

speedracer43 wrote:

Please let me know if you ever want to sell this.

Thanks

maybe someday but for now my son still rides it.  thanks for asking

I love 80's GT Freestyle

Board footer

View Cart →