Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: Retro New School Bikes - Lets see em

DutchRipper wrote:

spyker wrote:

Just Time wrote:

2020 & the one above is very nice!
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/255808/20191003_0254055d95aa493e.jpg

White parts would make this bike stand out so much more!

I dig the black more, white will make it a bit of a girly bike:

https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/images/source/2019_GT_PRO_PERFORMER_26_GLO_PINK_SIDE.jpg

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.idfeB_1f3JeQ8QhcGX--PAHaE7&pid=Api&P=0&w=267&h=178
http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf0917_blowup.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/16/42/86/164286e359380c933b126176b629d970.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/e6/85/37e6850007464fea17cb33e739001a7d.jpg

may look a little girly but still the coolest GT color combo bike ever mad!

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#328 2019-10-03 4:35pm

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

Is it just me or do the factory sponsored riders from the 80s look ridiculous wearing those uniforms.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#329 2019-10-03 5:46pm

made2drag
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

spyker wrote:

Is it just me or do the factory sponsored riders from the 80s look ridiculous wearing those uniforms.

only when using helmets doing flatland...

Increase the Peace

#330 2019-10-03 5:49pm

made2drag
Pro Member

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

DutchRipper wrote:

spyker wrote:

https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/images/s … K_SIDE.jpg

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.idfe … &h=178
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or … 29d970.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/e6/85 … 001a7d.jpg

i like martin's bike colors.  White parts, black and tan tires.

Increase the Peace

#331 2019-10-03 5:52pm

justlive
Pro MemberRemember remember the 80's forever
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 2

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

justlive wrote:

Looks great Kurt! But I'm with you on the sprocket. Either white or maybe the silver/black Haro CD to match the colors on the stem?

Just got this 28t in the mail. I’ll polish it up. 28 should give me enough clearance over the rear brake

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 08000.jpeg

I will also be going with a Haro stem. All black top load.

Perfect!

-"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike"
-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"Who's the fella that owns this shit hole"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River
-"pound me in the ass Hutch pink" - IPD

#332 2019-10-03 5:59pm

justlive

spyker wrote:

Just you lollolwink
I actually liked it. It was the 80's. Seeing these cool looking colorful bikes in the mags and the tricks done on them that blew my mind. And then seeing the riders in uniforms just gave it a more legit, professional look. Something I was able to show my parents and they were more supportive of my chosen sport because of the image it portrayed. Once the uniforms went away and the sport went underground I saw alot of parents shy away from being as supportive as they once were because of the image it now portrayed.

-"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum"
-"As a Union Machinist that takes immense pride in his work and work ethic I want to totally motherf*ck you...but you're not a bad dude so I guess I'll just leave this instead" - Burning River

#333 2019-10-03 7:29pm

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
For Sale: 11

justlive wrote:

spyker wrote:

Just you lollolwink
I actually liked it. It was the 80's. Seeing these cool looking colorful bikes in the mags and the tricks done on them that blew my mind. And then seeing the riders in uniforms just gave it a more legit, professional look. Something I was able to show my parents and they were more supportive of my chosen sport because of the image it portrayed. Once the uniforms went away and the sport went underground I saw alot of parents shy away from being as supportive as they once were because of the image it now portrayed.

Looking BACK, yes funny, but they got PAID!!  It was all about Contingency money, show your Sponsors names and get paid!.. now that only works in NASCAR!! lol
EDIT:  Riding buddy in the 80s in So. FL. had to have the JT BONES uni that the General team used in comps, mid summer '87 in 100° Weather, they show up at the LBS we both worked at and he disappeared... when he shows up after the Team does, hes in FULL factory gear doing funky chickens in the corner of the parking lot as the TEAM is in VSW shorts and tees doing the show... when asked later " WTF?"
His reply was " gotta look factory to be factory "... he was soaked in Sweat btw. lollollol

Hey, $20 IS $20..

#334 2019-10-03 7:47pm

justlive

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

justlive wrote:

spyker wrote:

Just you lollolwink

Looking BACK, yes funny, but they got PAID!!  It was all about Contingency money, show your Sponsors names and get paid!.. now that only works in NASCAR!! lol
EDIT:  Riding buddy in the 80s in So. FL. had to have the JT BONES uni that the General team used in comps, mid summer '87 in 100° Weather, they show up at the LBS we both worked at and he disappeared... when he shows up after the Team does, hes in FULL factory gear doing funky chickens in the corner of the parking lot as the TEAM is in VSW shorts and tees doing the show... when asked later " WTF?"
His reply was " gotta look factory to be factory "... he was soaked in Sweat btw. lollollol

Yeah, those definitely didn't look comfortable in summer lol. Can you imagine doing an outdoor event in Texas or Arizona in the middle of July wearing one of those uniforms? yikes
And yeah, we look back now and many guys will say the uniforms looked cheesy etc. But at that place in time they fit smile

#335 2019-10-03 8:11pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)

spyker wrote:

they don't look that cool full face helmet and flatland freestyle IE no ramps ya lame

#336 2019-10-03 8:27pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 78
For Sale: 8
Website

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

spyker wrote:

they don't look that cool full face helmet and flatland freestyle IE no ramps ya lame

Freek looks ridiculous in his new commie haircut that’s all I know

A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for everyone else.

#337 2019-10-04 12:56am

DutchRipper
Pro Member

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

DutchRipper wrote:

spyker wrote:

https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/images/s … K_SIDE.jpg

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.idfe … &h=178
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or … 29d970.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/e6/85 … 001a7d.jpg

Oh yeah ofcourse back in the 80's it would have been the coolest thing to ride a pink/white one. But now @50 / 216lbs I just can't see myself riding on a pink/white small bike, the black makes all the difference for me. smile

I want healthy food, not that processed, artificial flavoured/colored, GMO crap they like to call food.

#338 2019-10-04 3:43am

GToddC5
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

Kurt_Rad wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

spyker wrote:

Freek looks ridiculous in his new commie haircut that’s all I know

If I was a cop, I'd search that tweeker looking mofo too.

If they told you that wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them? - Del Griffith

Why do we both need more than one bike?!? - my silly GF

#339 2019-10-04 5:14am

made2drag
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

justlive wrote:

Just you lollolwink

Yeah, those definitely didn't look comfortable in summer lol. Can you imagine doing an outdoor event in Texas or Arizona in the middle of July wearing one of those uniforms? yikes
And yeah, we look back now and many guys will say the uniforms looked cheesy etc. But at that place in time they fit smile

texas and arizona isnt steamy, sweaty, humid hot like Florida in July.  95 + high humidity is way worse than 115 with no humidity

Increase the Peace

#340 2019-10-04 6:26am

WalkerInTN
Pro MemberWho Dat Nation
Bikes: 23

made2drag wrote:

justlive wrote:

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

texas and arizona isnt steamy, sweaty, humid hot like Florida in July. 95 + high humidity is way worse than 115 with no humidity

Obviously you've never lived in Houston in the summer.  97% humidity is pretty common.

After over 5 years here, I finally have some bikes listed!

#341 2019-10-04 7:59am

made2drag
Pro Member

WalkerInTN wrote:

made2drag wrote:

justlive wrote:

texas and arizona isnt steamy, sweaty, humid hot like Florida in July. 95 + high humidity is way worse than 115 with no humidity

Obviously you've never lived in Houston in the summer.  97% humidity is pretty common.

I lived in new mexico for 8 years.  When I moved to Alabama the humidity made it feel twice as hot.  There is no comparison.  Its 96% right now this morning and going to be 99 today...in October... Lol

Last edited by made2drag (2019-10-04 8:00am)

Increase the Peace

#342 2019-10-04 8:13am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)

made2drag wrote:

WalkerInTN wrote:

made2drag wrote:

I lived in new mexico for 8 years.  When I moved to Alabama the humidity made it feel twice as hot.  There is no comparison.  Its 96% right now this morning and going to be 99 today...in October... Lol

yikes dam stay hydrated!

#343 2019-10-04 8:32am

justlive

made2drag wrote:

justlive wrote:

JUGGARNAUT wrote:

texas and arizona isnt steamy, sweaty, humid hot like Florida in July.  95 + high humidity is way worse than 115 with no humidity

True. But either way 115 in leather isn't a good day lol.

#344 2019-10-04 8:48am

made2drag
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

made2drag wrote:

justlive wrote:

Long sleeves always cracked me up.  Once Hammer shin guards and elbow pads came along, that look was cooler than uniforms i thought.  Hammer wear and Vision Street Wear was where it was at.  Man, i miss Freestylin' and Go!

Increase the Peace

#345 2019-10-04 8:57am

JUGGARNAUT
Pro MemberDILLIGAF
For Sale: 11

I rocked AXO leathers for Quad racing, long sleve tee and VSW sneaks..for freestyle , VSW, LAB shorts,shoes and Whatever bmx tee.. w/ Hammer shins.

Hey, $20 IS $20..

#346 2019-10-04 8:58am

justlive

made2drag wrote:

justlive wrote:

made2drag wrote:

Long sleeves always cracked me up.  Once Hammer shin guards and elbow pads came along, that look was cooler than uniforms i thought.  Hammer wear and Vision Street Wear was where it was at.  Man, i miss Freestylin' and Go!

I agree, I did really like the Hammer and Vision stuff.

#347 2019-10-04 9:00am

justlive

This was a cool look.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/27998/original_rl0good26web.jpg_1359775389.cf5d976c8671.jpg

#348 2019-10-04 9:11am

made2drag
Pro Member

justlive wrote:

This was a cool look.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 6c8671.jpg

yup, 88-89 was the most stylish years in my opinion.  RL was king of style and I loved all his Bully clothes he put out.

Increase the Peace

#349 2019-10-04 9:59am

WalkerInTN
Pro MemberWho Dat Nation
Bikes: 23

made2drag wrote:

WalkerInTN wrote:

made2drag wrote:

New Mexico & Arizona are both pretty far from water & do have noticeably lower humidity.  As are parts of Texas.  Big state though, some of which is near the coast.  Just pointing out that some areas of the state do have very high humidity.  Houston is one of them, I lived there for 11 years.

Feel for you with the 99 temps, we hit that yesterday in Chattanooga.

After over 5 years here, I finally have some bikes listed!

#350 2019-10-04 10:27am

made2drag
Pro Member

WalkerInTN wrote:

made2drag wrote:

WalkerInTN wrote:

New Mexico & Arizona are both pretty far from water & do have noticeably lower humidity.  As are parts of Texas.  Big state though, some of which is near the coast.  Just pointing out that some areas of the state do have very high humidity.  Houston is one of them, I lived there for 11 years.

Feel for you with the 99 temps, we hit that yesterday in Chattanooga.

ok, I learn stuff everyday.  Makes sense.  Yea, i think our news said weve had a record 120 days in the 90's this year and it was 90's all sept...only one day of rain in Last 6 weeks.  Finally today we have a chance of rain.  woohoo.  It was nice not cutting grass but ive got some trees i planted and im tired of watering them...lol...80's finally coming next week

Increase the Peace

Board footer

View Cart →