You are not logged in.

SOMETHING THAT YOU JUST STARTED COLLECTING FOR NO REASON!! (NO GUNS)  RSS Feed

#151 2015-10-31 11:13am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T
Bikes: 10

Re: SOMETHING THAT YOU JUST STARTED COLLECTING FOR NO REASON!! (NO GUNS)

jokerman13922 wrote:

Capn_Crunch wrote:

Victorian era post mortem photographs. I had a huge collection of these, would buy them anywhere I could find them, then saw what they sold for on ebay and sold all of them off.

What are those

They are oictures of people who are already dead positioned to look like they are alive.  Back in those days people could not afford family photos and when their child died from some illness they called in a photographer to get photos.  You can google post mortem pics and you will see what i mean.  Those are so very sad and some are spooky.

Taylor Allen John Anstrom  .....  Finally found my baby. 1987 Roadmaster Thriller Freestyle!!  Baby blue with white tires and gum sidewalls.  The members of this site made it possible to make my dream come true.

#152 2015-10-31 11:15am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T

TheKoolKids wrote:

Stems, pedal and grips... I love grips... Idk.. And only odi lol I also like that a'me grip co.??? But yea I have 3pairs of cult/vans/odi grips
5ish pairs of odi..
2 a'me but I want more
Pedals..... Any thing sweet mostly oddy. Lol I have a ton of oddy twists
Pink, teal, black x4 ,watermelon lol
Stems... U.S.A made, fbm stems,and top loaders
Lots!!!
New and mid skool.

We have a lot in common I love grips and stems as well.  They are my favorite parts of a bike.

Taylor Allen John Anstrom  .....  Finally found my baby. 1987 Roadmaster Thriller Freestyle!!  Baby blue with white tires and gum sidewalls.  The members of this site made it possible to make my dream come true.

#153 2015-10-31 11:30am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T

old_school_bmx_guy wrote:

DVD's. I'm pretty sure I peaked at nearly 1000 of them, down to about 5-600 now. More money to spend on bmx instead. lol

DVDs andBLUrays are my specialty for selling on ebay.  I always have in inventory in and you never know what you will find.  My seller name is taylorco105

#154 2015-11-07 1:52am

lwells3962
Pro Member

In BMX, I seem to always seem to buy tires. If I need a stem to finish a build, I'll wind up buying another set of tires first. I also collect guitars, vinyl and SACD's.

#155 2015-11-07 4:26am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T

CDs  I at one time belonged to 3 different clubs under three different names.  lol Back when they had those cd clubs. I accumulated well over a couple thousand and now selling them all on ebay.  Bike parts I have enough grips to outfit many many more bikes than I have.  I either buy the wrong shade because it looked different online or I found a pair I thought would look better.  I would if I had the finances collect the crap out of stems.  There is something beautiful about stems to me.  BMX stems from the 80's all the way to now.  Love them!!  I alslo have enough shoes to put on about 20 dudes feet.  I love my Doc Martens from 1995, and I have about 6 different shades of Chuck Taylors, a pair of Soaps that have the rail slides on the bottom (anyone rememner those?) some Nike 6.0, DC, Polo Ralph Lauren (church shoes) two pairs of Crocs...yes they look stupid but when you have to practically sleepwalk a dog outside at 5 a.m. they are easy to throw on.  Pumas, 2 pair Osiris, Vans, and Pumas.  I of course did not buy all of these at once.  These shoes have accumulated from the oldest pair from 1995 to now.  I should make a shoe photo and may do so when I am bored.  lol  I would say the most comfortable pair of shoes I have are the Circas.  They are really soft and they are great skate and bike shoes as well.  I am one of those people who gets it in their brain they need to collect something for a time and then it passes and they move on to something else.  For the longest time it was Gold Stamped fitted 59/FIFTY caps.  I have 6 of those left.  But my actual hat collection is about 100 or more.  I have beanies and caps, trucker caps, berets, the only type of hat I don't have is a cowboy hat but I had one of those4 when I was a kid.  lol I may come back to this post because I am sure I have forgotten something I collect.  lol

#156 2015-11-07 4:28am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T

inkedup wrote:

Colored tires and mags... big_smile

Wanna be my best friend?  lol  I love colored tires and I want mags but only have one pair right now that are both supposed to be white but one is smokers teeth yellow at the moment.  I need to find the time to somehow bleach it.  I'm doing a green bike that I need some green mags for and it will have orange times.  I think you will approve when it is done!

Last edited by TaylorRides (2015-11-07 5:20am)

#157 2015-11-07 4:55am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T

b_koenig wrote:

Lets see...  I collect:
Freestyle BMX Bikes & Parts
OG 80's BMX Banners
80's BMX & Freestyle Autographs
Sports Memorabilia & Autographs
Vince Lombardi Stuff
Nike Air Jordans & Other Popular 80's Shoes
Arcade Game & Pinball Machines
1977 - 1985 Star Wars Action Figures (Complete Run)
Skateboard Decks (Recently Started This One!)
And it seems like I've been sinking A TON into C6 Corvettes!
I already posted this video a few weeks ago, but this covers about 1/3 of my collection(s):
Click The Pic To Play Video
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/ … CN5691.jpg

OMG man.  I have never seen something so awesome in my life!  I can't imagine what your monthly insurance cost is on all this plus just the electric bill.  Wow!

#158 2015-11-07 10:16am

Bugzy
Expert
Bikes: 1

Early 80s bmx race stuff
80s skate decks
Spray paint cans
shoes
antique tin toys and pressed steel vehicles
Antique and vintage advertising signs and stuff
vintage watches
fountain pens
the list goes on

#159 2015-11-07 10:48am

Johnnny
Pro MemberI prefer Sockeye to be honest....
Bikes: 19
Website

Drumsets. neutral

Born again. Mom has a strong uterus.

#160 2015-11-26 1:13pm

polanco
Pro Member
Bikes: 124
Website

nasty is nate wrote:

I collect debt

you win! smile

#161 2015-11-29 10:15am

Mr Rattles
Website

I like collecting old  school yoyo's
Mainly the Coca Cola Russell yoyo's
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/mr_rattles/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20150608-00212_zpsmqydoihe.jpg

#162 2015-11-30 10:05pm

Backinthesaddle44
Pro Member"be careful what you ask for"

Mr Rattles wrote:

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 … ydoihe.jpg

I had a bunch of yo yo's as a kid. My dad traveled a fair amount and picked up one on many trips. Still around somewhere, liked the butterfly style lighted and the glow in dark ones. Also collected beer cans... Have boxes I wish were gone... Used to collect matchbooks as a kid, another thing that needs a home. Key chains and marbles... But none as seriously as some, I just have a lot of junk. tongue

Last edited by Backinthesaddle44 (2015-11-30 10:07pm)

We are paid by those who learn by our mistakes ~ The Working Hour

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato

#163 2015-12-01 2:49am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T

Backinthesaddle44 wrote:

Mr Rattles wrote:

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz11 … ydoihe.jpg

I had a bunch of yo yo's as a kid. My dad traveled a fair amount and picked up one on many trips. Still around somewhere, liked the butterfly style lighted and the glow in dark ones. Also collected beer cans... Have boxes I wish were gone... Used to collect matchbooks as a kid, another thing that needs a home. Key chains and marbles... But none as seriously as some, I just have a lot of junk. tongue

I collected key chains too!  Every time the carnival would come to town I would LOVE playing that game that has a bulldozer behind glass and you freeze it at the far end and then line up tokens in order to push more tokens and prizes off the end.  I got really good at it.  Sometimes I would have perfect timing to get three rows of 4 coins before I let go to let the dozer push and man the sound of all that coinage was addicting.  There were prizes as well.  Keychains galore.  I still have all of them. Most of them I got in the 1980's I should dig those out.  They are crazy loud pastel boombox keychains and rollerskates with real wheels and string amoung many other types.  Now I am craving playing that game.  lol

#164 2015-12-09 8:03am

renotrailsguy
Expert
Bikes: 1

I organized some of my stuff and came across these pads and plates.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/204447/image566850c86b.jpg

I'll trade whatever I'm selling for:
UGP, FOX, PLAY or BASE

#165 2015-12-09 8:19am

kopwithit
Pro MemberIt’s a Detroit Thing!
Bikes: 14
For Sale: 1

Ultimate Bear Trap Pedals - so easy to work on and refurbish... cool XCs...
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/82515/image56685471a6.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/82515/image566854716d.jpg

Hammer Time---Kopasetic Decks---Thats how I Roll$$$

When I'm riding my bicycle,I feel like a Buddhist who is happy to enjoy his Mundane Existence-
Quote- Robin Williams- RIP...AMEN...

#166 2015-12-11 8:56am

bmxpro2
Pro MemberV8 RX-7's are superior
Bikes: 15

stickers

Boosted civic life.

Board footer

View Cart →