You are not logged in.

Anyone else afraid of their wife?

#1 2015-08-12 8:38pm

Capn_Crunch
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Anyone else afraid of their wife?

I have an unbelievably angry wife who comes home and picks fights with me.  Tonight I told her I want a divorce and she flipped out.  I'm seriously afraid she could get angry enough to hurt or kill me sometimes.  I have 4 kids from a previous marriage that I have full custody of, they're kind of tired of her attitude. Kids are out of the house tonight.  We don't have any kids together.  I'm filing for separation tomorrow then a divorce ASAP. Not asking for sympathy or "sorry to hear this." I was just curious if anyone else has had problems with wives who have anger management issues. 

Just venting and putting this out there in case I wake up dead tomorrow....

Anyone know how to get spray paint out of a baby's eyes?

#2 2015-08-12 8:59pm

kegger
Pro Memberbarbarian by blood, pirate by choice
Bikes: 9
Website

Re: Anyone else afraid of their wife?

yikesyikes
im afraid for you yikes

i know the dread you get on the drive home wondering what tonights drama is going to be about (i have an 18 y/o daughter thats WAYYY more drama than needs), not the same, i know....

stay calm, stay focused, dont fall into the scream/fight trap they set
best of luck sad

A WISE MAN ONCE SAID.........   NOTHING...

HE LET HER VENT, THEN THEY WENT UPSTAIRS AND HAD SEX

Power is Nothing Without Control

#3 2015-08-12 9:15pm

markanthony
BMXer 4 Life

Go out tonight to the local wall mart,buy a door lock sleep in your kids room,at least that way you you can possibly sleep a little. And you might have time to react or jump out a window if she flips out on the door.
the lone ranger could jump out a window land on the horse and ride out.
you could do that with a bike outside the window too.

Would like lots of bikes but the SE Hauler is one that has a lot of sentimental value to me. Anyone got one?

#4 2015-08-13 1:00am

RobS
Pro Member“Again...really?”
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 5

My wife has a pretty bad attitude occasionally, ( should I mention she's a medal'd marksman?? yikes ) I think it runs in her family cause there all the same...but your situation my friend, is WAY more serious than mine, you need to get away from that stuff ASAP!!!

Good things wait for people that happen...

#5 2015-08-13 5:37am

that 80's guy
BILLY BAD A$$
Bikes: 5
Website

I had this sexy lil Mediterranean girlfriend back in the day who would go crazy and start screaming, slapping, punching etc... luckily she was only about 100lbs and i could hold both her hands behind her back with one hand! I found myself constantly saying, "you need to check your lil funky temper". Eventually i said F the lemons and bailed! Now she makes someone else miserable out in denver somewhere..... hopefully for his sake, the weed out there has calmed her down.

Good luck and godspeed!

Sweepin' the leg and killin threads

#6 2015-08-13 6:05am

holeshot
Bean Town's Finest
Bikes: 2

The fact that you even posted this indicates that you have the countenance and ability to rationalize and step back from a situation, that's great! Would your wife be open to any kind of counselling? sounds like there is a lot of pain there, I'm praying for your situation right now. I'm not saying I'm praying either, I'm literally praying for you both.smile Stay strong.

Raced NBL tracks in the 80's East Coast. Boston is home base. Wide ranging love for all things BMX. I have great memories and continue to make them. Faster than greased moose poop.

#7 2015-08-13 6:06am

holeshot
Bean Town's Finest

I have to admit though, it's kind of funny to start my prayer with "I hold up Captain Crunch to you in prayer"!!!lol

Raced NBL tracks in the 80's East Coast. Boston is home base. Wide ranging love for all things BMX. I have great memories and continue to make them. Faster than greased moose poop.

#8 2015-08-13 6:23am

DIPSOMANIAC
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

That sucks Capn', get yourself and your kids outta that environment ASAP.

#9 2015-08-13 6:39am

cmb
Pro MemberTexan by birth, Scottish by drink
Bikes: 9

Have you guys tried any counseling?  Has she had her hormones checked?  Is she having issues at work and you are just the one she takes it out on?  How long have you been married?  Did this just start or has she always been like this?  Have you told her before how you felt or did you avoid it to not start a fight?  There are other questions I would like to ask, but I don't want ask too many of them.

Never trust a man that doesn't know what beer tastes like or wears more than two rings.

I usually edit for my grammar mistakes.

#10 2015-08-13 6:59am

Texasbmx
BMXer 4 Life
Website

cmb wrote:

Have you guys tried any counseling?  Has she had her hormones checked?  Is she having issues at work and you are just the one she takes it out on?  How long have you been married?  Did this just start or has she always been like this?  Have you told her before how you felt or did you avoid it to not start a fight?  There are other questions I would like to ask, but I don't want ask too many of them.

I too would like to know the answers to these questions

#11 2015-08-13 7:11am

80sbikedude
AdminBugs Bunny Bmx'er
Bikes: 69
For Sale: 1
Website

That really sucks, have a good friend that have had the same problem. He got out too and says they are better friends now and can talk rationally instead of bickering like they did when married.

ASAP.org ........check it out, I live with it daily
If at first you don't succeed, Do it like your Mom told you!
"Do or do not, there is no try"~~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!

Hook 'Em Horns

#12 2015-08-13 10:38am

Capn_Crunch
Pro Member

I'm still alive!

Here's most of the back story:

First wife abuses liquor and prescription meds. I couldn't have that around the kids. So I told her she had to picks drugs or family. She chose dope and left... no biggie.

2nd came around. We've been married for 5 years, known each other for 7.5 years. We are seeing a counselor but it's not doing much. My wife puts on a good face in public. Things have always been a little sketchy from day one. But I felt she accepted me for me and she and the kids got along. She really changed after we got married as she pulled away from the family and became engrossed in Facebook and her online friends. She "jokingly" refers to us as her "default" family which I find very disrespectful. She became more radical and polarized about things eventually settling is as far left as one could. Now with the racial tensions being what they are has aligned herself with the Black Lives Matter movement and blames everything that's wrong with the world on white male republicans (which I happen to be) but tells me, "You're not like them."

She suffers from bouts of major depression where she will sleep for 15 hours and Will be basically sedentary for days, not leavin the house. She's gained an EZ 75lbs since we've been married and I think she is not far from being pretty much incapacitated because of her health.

When she does do stuff with the family she's edgy and cranky unless she has control of whatever we are doing. In her fits of rage she will tell me that our failed relationship is my fault and I have been planning this since the beginning.

I'm going to contact a divorce attorney next week and do this straight up by the book.   I hoped we could end this marriage and still be friends/cordial for everyone's sake. Doesn't seem like that's possible.

#13 2015-08-13 10:44am

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 24

As always, CMB provokes thought.  She sounds very unhappy, and while you do, as well, you sound congnizant, yet concerned.  What outcome do you want for her -- beyond a divorce?

Last edited by perront (2015-08-13 8:24pm)

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#14 2015-08-13 11:02am

Capn_Crunch
Pro Member

I'm not so unhappy that I'm dysfunctional. I'm seeking zen and get happiness from kids, friends, hobbies, work, etc... Am I lonely? Yes, but have been my whole life so that's nothing new.   I'd really like to have a "partner in crime" for a spouse but she just doesn't get anything about my life.

For her, I just hope she finds happiness from within.

#15 2015-08-13 11:07am

joedrummer001
Arnold Schwarzenegger

And that's a fact jack bitches be crazy

#16 2015-08-13 11:11am

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist
For Sale: 7

Capn_Crunch wrote:

I'm not so unhappy that I'm dysfunctional. I'm seeking zen and get happiness from kids, friends, hobbies, work, etc... Am I lonely? Yes, but have been my whole life so that's nothing new.   I'd really like to have a "partner in crime" for a spouse but she just doesn't get anything about my life.

you sound like a level headed guy. all the best.

I deleted my Twitter, facebook, instagram and linkedin. It increased my quality of life.

#17 2015-08-13 4:52pm

jakester720
Pro Member1%er

Hang in there man...things will get better when you get out and re establish things. My wife is not too crazy, but my buddys now ex wife was this tiny thing and he's like 6'8, man she used to get the new zealand war eyes going...crazy damn thing.

The battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, water temperature is off the chart and I am running out of petrol...but the clock is correct.

"REJOICE, AS WE SHALL DEFEAT RACISM IN OUR LIFETIME" - Henry Rollins 1997

#18 2016-02-27 12:00pm

hotrod
Expert

Capn_Crunch wrote:

I'm there with you dude. Would like the same things. The anger and intimidation along with doctor dope and 3 days up and 6 days in bed.

I've been almost dead twice from illness. God wants me here and in better condition than this. I've tried and would have kept going but  I cant be someone's happiness. I'm not that powerful.

"the impossible just takes a little longer"

#19 2016-02-27 12:02pm

hotrod
Expert

I'm still not smokin. Been years now. I could use a drink .

"the impossible just takes a little longer"

#20 2016-02-27 12:21pm

MaxTegRoom
Museum Addict

If you a good dad which I'm sure your are. You and your kids have 1 life and you all deserve to be happy.  If a divorce will make not only you but your kids happy I mean it's a tough decision but possibly the best decision.

LOWLIFE-FLATLAND
86fs1-green*87decade-minty*some sort of Spaulding spx2000-red...82 saint tropez tech700 aerolite*

Board footer