You are not logged in.

I'm new here. Building my 1984 Pro Performer I had as a kid. Badass!!!

#1 2015-08-12 6:32am

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

I'm new here. Building my 1984 Pro Performer I had as a kid. Badass!!!

Hey Everyone!

First day posting today. Thought I should introduce myself and get used to this place. I plan to be spending some time here... smile

Bought my first real BMX bike at the age of 14 with money I'd earned all summer working for my dad. Clearly remember being proud I spent so much on it! $780 at the time. Pretty sure that's the correct total as it was all my own money and I was pretty proud of spending so much. That's gotta be like 3x now maybe? No. Only $1808 it seems:
http://www.in2013dollars.com/1984-dolla … amount=780

Still a lot for a kid back then. All my friends were still riding the stock complete bikes of the time. GT performer, redline, etc. Vanilla stuff. So I was pretty stoked to have THE ride of the town. At least for the next two years. License and cars sadly came too soon....

Chose the parts myself in person at Wheel Power in Exeter New Hampshire. Anyone? Probably not...

Amazing shop. Still remember the owner.

I'm 45 now as of this week, and summer is here. I'm feeling pulled to get out and ride and reclaim my youth.

I'm looking for ALL of these parts below. Point me in the right direction if you can guys. Thanks...!

I'll dig through old pics this week and try to find some pics to post. Not sure where they are now. Hope to find them. There are only a few pics of us riding our home made, full sized quarter pipe. But I hope to find them and post them to this thread soon. Those were the days.!!!!

Anyone else have this bike?

Here's what I remember:

Frame: GT Pro Performer - Chrome. 1984. Unstamped I believe as I remember seeing one later with the GT stamped and I had never seen that before. So mine must have been unstamped.

*** I remember choosing this frame at the bike shop because the tubes were SO fat! Everything else before that year was skinny tubed. I loved the strength that frame had. And I remember it clearly being $159 on the showroom floor. That was QUITE expensive then for just a frame. I remember thinking how self impressed I was with myself for choosing to spend so much on 'only the frame' in order to get something of such high quality. It was a game changer of that era. A new era I could tell staring me in the face even as I picked it off the show room floor for my bike. One of those moments where you know everything has just changed. Like when Metallica was going out with the black album and Nirvana was coming in with their grunge sound. You just felt the sea change happening in your bones. The Pro Performer was that sea change bike. The moment it all changed.

Bars: CW Pro Racing bars 28" chrome  - Just ordered a pair off of ebay this week. My first purchase! I could never get used to anything else after these. Must. Have. Again. Forever.
Question: When did the mustache label become available vs the CW stickered ones?

Seat Post: CW Pro Racing laid back seat post with brace - chrome. Pretty sure mine was a CW, but not 100% sure. Any others from '84 that were a 90 degree with brace?

Seat: Kashimax seat. Aero? Not sure. Black - Can't remember if mine had the 'aero' label on the side now or not. It's been too long. Memory fuzzy. Kinda think it did.

Grips ODI Mushroom grips - black grip/ white ends.-- Just ordered two pairs of them from Dans this week. Second purchase!!! Whooo hooo!!! Glad they made some more finally...

Donuts. Checkerboard. Black/white. Styled like 5 sets of 'em stacked together. Too cool for school back then.

Stem. I think I may have had a generic brand black Redline forklifter type stem. I remember it was a lesser quality one that I kept stripping out as it wouldn't hold enough tension for my tricks. So I eventually got something else. Desperately trying to remember what I got next. Perhaps it was a Tuff Neck tiger stamp style. Think I tried some cheap crap ones before that though and they stripped out in the first hour of use.

Cranks: Sugino AT 3-piece cranks - Not sure what size I had. 175 I think. They were like $130 at the time I remember. Expensive but quality. I hated the cheap look of the 1 piece cranks so went with 3 piece. Even though it was probably totally unnecessary... lol.

Chain ring disc: Pro neck power disk black! Toughest looking a 14 year old could choose!

Sprocket: Pro neck sprocket silver - Not sure how many. 46 perhaps? 45? What would a shop owner have chosen for me? I was 5'11" 130lbs maybe.

Tuff Wheels II white. Tough looks! Still my fav today. Plan to order a set here soon. Glad to see they still make them.

Tioga Comp III black tires at first. Then later got some Panaracer Freestyles for the ramp. Both unavailable I'm discovering through online research here this week. Sad.

(Panaracer Free Style tires - white for my second bike which was a Skyway Streat Beat in white. Why oh why did I ever sell my Pro Performer back then for $250 to get that Skyway...
Dang it. I guess all the neon colors were calling my name. But honestly I never liked it as much as my pro performer with the wide CW pro bars and Mushrooms...)

Izumi chain. Black links on silver. What would have been the model?

Suntour 16 freewheel. Loved that sound when coasting.... high speed clicks.... Was it unusual not to have a coaster break for freestyle then? I read this week Fiola had a coaster brake on his? How do you not constantly hit that when landing on the quarter pipe? But maybe it would have allowed me to do more tricks and have more confidence to have the coaster too. Didn't know then. Only had the freewheel and two dia comps then.. lack of knowledge?

Dia Compe brakes. No idea of the model I'd have had. You know? It was 1984, so I'm assuming the selection was sparse. Black perhaps. Or white. Mind fuzzy on this one.

Tioga locking headset - black. Thought it looked so tough. Model 125?

Tange LP-440 locking headset ring. That thing was SO tough looking. Always stripped out the little alan wrench heads in it from over tightening. Not sure it really locked anything anywhere... Looked cool though!

Dyno checkerboard rear brake guard. Or was it flite? Or generic. I'll probably never know now... Not finding these easily anywhere. Where do I source one?

Dyno number plate - large. Ripped it off later as I thought it was too much.

Seat clamp I think was generic. Black with chrome band going around it. Actually... I found it! Thank goodness for so many pictures here:
Tange SC2 seatclamp Tioga stamped. Same as this: http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/14845
Never really liked it especially even then. But it was affordable and strong! I was into strength you can tell.

I think I had some Hutch bear trap pedals in black. Or something similar that was less expensive but the same shape. But they tore me up! My shins had shark bites bad. So I think I got some Shimano SX or DX in black later? Not sure.

All bought from Jon at the original Wheel Power in Exeter with my two or three best friends present when I picked out the parts.
Cost I remember as being $780 at the time. I was proud as I'd worked for months to buy it. So having it custom built was quite a thrill.
Best, most expensive bike any kid around had up until that time. Especially with that laid back seat post and mags! Frame too was boss.

I loved that handle bar width too.

In '86 I sold it to some younger kid up the street me. I sold it for $250. Stupid.
I wanted a Skyway frame and fork and trick handlebar set in hot pink. They all sucked. Felt weird and flimsy to me. Especially the handlebars. I could never get used to them.
So I used to get so pissed off I'd throw the entire bike after every failed trick. Haha. Totally trashed it I was so pissed off at it. Never should have sold the Pro Performer...

I also bought a friends PK Ripper bike and GT Mach One of his with orange mags and vector bars just because he was selling them cheap and I always wanted that PK to race with. It was SO light. And NEVER rusted being aluminium. Had some pictures around somewhere here but can't find them.... Sold them too cheap when I left for Japan... Dang...

Anyway, that's the story. Hope I'm in similar company here.
Time to get my GT Pro Performer back finally.

Peace.

My Story & Build: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=656514

My Needs: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=5313997
Looking for: White Skyway Tuff IIs w/Alloy hubs, '84 MX1000-black front & rear, '84 Tech-3 Levers & cables-black, Early Dyno D-2 Plate & Brake Guard Black/White, Zap Pads or California Lite Black with White grid.

I'm not so Pro and not much of a Performer. But stoked to be here. Turning 14 again. Say hi. Be cool.

#2 2015-08-12 6:47am

Texasbmx
BMXer 4 Life
Website

Re: I'm new here. Building my 1984 Pro Performer I had as a kid. Badass!!!

Get some original skyways!! smile

#3 2015-08-12 7:24am

DamageInc
Pro Member
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 11
Website

Welcome back!
I went through the same thing as Im sure a majority of guys here as well.

I couldnt let go of the memory of my last bike from my youth which , like you, spent all of my money at AT Naults in Manchvegas NH on the parts I liked most with the money I worked for. Sadly I sold the bike for pennies back then. Paid probably a thousand times more to build it again today. lol

I dont remember Wheel Power but I suppose at that age I didnt get much further than the next couple towns over with my bikes.
Im sure you spent time riding at Hampton Beach , Took our bikes there a few times to practice tricks in the crowds big_smile
Best of luck in the search and build . Looking forward to seeing it come togther as well as some old photos .

-----[[[[((@@@****************@@@))]]]]-----   Looking for.....

#4 2015-08-12 7:26am

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

Really? Original huh? But don't the new ones have sealed hubs now?

Also found a picture of some brakes I recognize from my bike back in the day.
I guess these are MX models? http://s746.photobucket.com/user/loopta … 0.jpg.html

That's even my old frame... Ah.... she will be mine... tongue

http://s746.photobucket.com/user/looptailnut/media/IMG_2160.jpg.html

These are what I had. I remember the little red oval and MX on the right now. So need to figure out the exact model number.

Looking for: White Skyway Tuff IIs w/Alloy hubs, '84 MX1000-black front & rear, '84 Tech-3 Levers & cables-black, Early Dyno D-2 Plate & Brake Guard Black/White, Zap Pads or California Lite Black with White grid.

I'm not so Pro and not much of a Performer. But stoked to be here. Turning 14 again. Say hi. Be cool.

#5 2015-08-12 7:36am

Texasbmx
BMXer 4 Life
Website

Yeah, I guess. In the end it makes 0 difference. I ride on OGs all day.

If you want to build an old school ride like you had, using new school parts isn't going to get you there.

#6 2015-08-12 8:13am

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

Yeah. I guess perhaps you're right. I'll start checking prices on original 80's era mags next. Thanks.

So I'm so new I still haven't quite figured out what "OG" stands for. Original Gear? Close?

Hey DamageInc. So glad to have your post. Small world. Yep. I did go over to Hampton Beach. Salsibury Beach and Seabrook sometimes too.
Even did a BMX race in Seabrook back in the day. If only someone recorded that and would post it. I did the craziest holeshot out of the gate and did a no look right through the first table top. Had all kinds of kids come up afterwards and say that was the most unbelieveable, craziest thing they'd ever seen anyone do.

My secret is that I was so intent on getting the holeshot that I was wondering why everyone was dropping back so I looked back. ...I completely forgot about the upcoming tabletop and pedaled right through it! I must have looked like a mad man with balls of steel! Secret is I forgot it was there! I won the race.  Now anybody got that footage of me roundabout 84/85? If so I love you.

Thanks for posting DamageInc. Hope to stay in touch.

"Naults" hmmm... that short for a longer name? Sounds vaguely familiar. But like you my range was also limited at 14-15.

#7 2015-08-12 8:32am

DYNOWILL
Pro Member

Welcome to the madness big_smile! My son rocks his '84 Pro Performer as his daily rider. So cool that you had an early '84 with the unstamped frame. Good luck in your search! Check this out http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=458582

#8 2015-08-12 8:40am

GAry
Owner/CuratorYes, I started this site!
Bikes: 440
For Sale: 51
Website

Awesome,
Welcome to the site and good luck with your build!
O look forward to seeing your progress. and even have some Performer decals sets if you need some.
let us/me know if we can answer any questions~

Cheers

[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg/v1/fill/w_926,h_30,al_c,lg_1,q_80/b927f0_b6a3c62979e1437480c816c4846c106d.jpg[/img]
Forum and Site Rules   Guide For New Members  Become a Pro Member  For Sale Section Rules  How to post picts
Yes, I started this website myself, way back in 1999, thanks for sharing my passion about BMX!!

#9 2015-08-12 8:44am

Peace12
Museum Addict
Bikes: 13

Welcome to the site bud.  I had an 85 yellow Performer and loved that bike until it was stolen.  Your brakes were probably the Dia-Compe MX1000 model.  Just click on the reference link on the left hand side and you'll lean a lot.  Good luck on the build, it will feel great.

#10 2015-08-12 8:58am

that 80's guy
Pro MemberBILLY BAD A$$
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 15
Website

Og= original,  nos= new old stock (which the definition of is debated here regularly)

Sweepin' the leg and killin threads

#11 2015-08-12 1:26pm

skinnyboy
For Sale Restricted
Website

I waited so long to find an NOS pair of these in box!!

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/apecentral/IMG_6942_zps7fc96ec3.jpg

#12 2015-08-12 5:36pm

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

Dynowill - thank for posting that original ad of the Pro performer. That's it! That's my frame. So cool. Immediately brings it all back. Thank you. Love that thread! Need to reread that here again in a few minutes. Just what I needed. Now just to find an unstamped from someone.

Gary. Thank you for the reply. So cool to have the site owner respond. I'm honored man. I just may contact you here soon on the decals. Cool stuff! Great site. Grateful you have it going. I didn't find anywhere else who understood my '80s perspective. I feel at home here.

Peace12. MX1000. Yes. That's the model! Completely rings a bell now that you say the name. I've got them on my buy list now.

Thanks 80s guy. OG = original. Easy enough. I knew the NOS from ebay. But should NOS be defined as completely new items still in the packaging that have never been used? E.g. from the back of a bike shop from years ago? That's what it means to me.

Skinnyboy. Very cool. I loved my sugino's back in the day. And that set right there outclasses them all...! Wow. Thanks for communicating with me on day one and helping to explain the ropes on how dibs work, etc. Seems you and I had the same first bike. I hope to work and talk with you often through this build.

Thanks everyone. Day 2 on the site and already feeling very good about this community. Just turning 45 this week isn't so bad after all. smile

Last edited by 1984ProPerformer (2015-08-20 1:07am)

#13 2015-08-12 6:04pm

Peace12
Museum Addict
Bikes: 13

skinnyboy wrote:

I waited so long to find an NOS pair of these in box!!

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56 … c96ec3.jpg

Oh those are sooooooo nice. Thanks for posting up a pic of those.

#14 2015-08-12 10:37pm

that 80's guy
Pro MemberBILLY BAD A$$
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 15
Website

Yes, thats exactly what it should mean but as you'll find, some people think they can open it, mount it to their bike, take a bunch of pics, stare at it for days, months, heck,  maybe even years! Then put it back in the box and call it nos. Just sayin, all that glitters aint gold. But most people here are honest and thier feedback proves it. Good luck with your build!

Sweepin' the leg and killin threads

#15 2015-08-13 12:58am

Aulton
Museum Addict

Welcome aboard

Ban Facebook... Save The World!
Everybody comes to a point in there life when they want to quit, but it's what you do at that moment that determines who you are. See i don't want to hear from people that tell me success is easy, i want to hear from the people who fought it out, who went all twelve rounds with life and got to the other side.

#16 2015-08-13 4:06am

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

Thanks Aulton.

Alright! I found a few of the old pics. Probably 2/3rds of them right here. I didn't have many. I was 14 after all. Missing the giant foot plant off the quarter pipe shot that I was known for. Man...

And the pics are not high res.

Can you help confirm what I listed in the parts list is accurate from this? Especially the tires and seat post. You might be able to make out those. Maybe the pedals. If you can, that would help.

And can you tell from the frame or fork stickers if this one said "Pro" or not? I bought the frame separate and read that perhaps in those days they didn't say "Pro" on them. And perhaps I remember being confused at first as I knew I had a pro performer but it didn't say it... Maybe it can be made out in the pic.

But I'm going to bring these in to have high res scans done up. Maybe that will reveal more.

But don't ya think I had THE slickest ride back in the day? That bike would still turn heads in the museum now I think. No?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/RationalOne/embed/slideshow/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084"></iframe>

Not sure if that embed will work.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/RationalOne/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084/IMG_3103_zpsr5w5vjnb.jpg
Notice the Sept 1984 date stamp. I knew I chose that option for a reason at Rite Aid back in the day. Smart kid.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/RationalOne/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084/IMG_3104_zpscg8wruwz.jpg

What are these tires? I think I remember having Comp IIIs.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/RationalOne/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084/IMG_3108_zpsxnz5hexn.jpg

I was hoping for a rear shot, but I'm not so sure we'll ever get enough resolution out of this print to figure out if it was stamped or not...
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/RationalOne/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084/IMG_3113_zps5hjeyfje.jpg

Check out the full album over that photobucket. There are some pics of the 1984 or 1985 GT Trick Team that came to Exeter NH at the time. My buddies and I went to watch them and I took a few pics. They got air! I could never aerial above the lip. But I could foot plant above the lip! I was the only one who could. And I was badass at it! cool

There's also a pic in there of the Mach One I got off another guy in 86 or so. Didn't have a pic of the PK Ripper though sadly I also bought with it. Ah well... Can't win 'em all.

More to come!!!

#17 2015-08-13 5:10am

Texasbmx
BMXer 4 Life
Website

1984ProPerformer wrote:

Dynowill - thank for posting that original ad of the Pro performer. That's it! That's my frame. So cool. Immediately brings it all back. Thank you. Love that thread! Need to reread that here again in a few minutes. Just what I needed. Now just to find an unstamped from someone.

Gary. Thank you for the reply. So cool to have the site owner respond. I'm honored man. I just may contact you here soon on the decals. Cool stuff! Great site. Grateful you have it going. I didn't find anywhere else who understood my '80s perspective. I feel at home here.

Peace12. MX1000. Yes. That's the model! Completely rings a bell now that you say the name. I've got them on my buy list now.

Thanks 80s guy. OG = original. Easy enough. I knew the NOS from ebay. But should NOS be defined as completely new items still in the packaging that have never been used? E.g. from the back of a bike shop from years ago? That's what it means to me.

Skinnyboy. Very cool. I loved my sugino's back in the day. And that set right there outclasses them all...! Wow. Thanks for communicating with me on day one and helping to explain the ropes on how dibs work, etc. Seems you and I had the same first bike. I hope to work and talk with you often through this build.

Thanks everyone. Day 2 on the site and already feeling very good about this community. Just turning 45 this week isn't so bad after all. smile

Dave

Looks like you're already smarter than most guys here. smile

#18 2015-08-13 5:28am

CHABY
Pro MemberK.O.B. "King Of Bling"
Bikes: 40
For Sale: 23
Website

Get ready to drop a couple grand $$ or more? yikes

CHABY`S COATINGS: CHROME PLATING-POLISHING-GOLD PLATING-POWDER COATING-BMX restorations-Antique restorations-Cars-Motorcycles-Boats Etc.  CHABYS.COM  Find us on Facebook or call us @ 508-728-4590
==============================================================================

#19 2015-08-13 6:59am

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

So why is photobucket not retaining my pics right side up like I told them to when I rotated them on their site. Cheezy.

Thanks Texaxbmx. Not sure why you say that, but I'll take it. cool

Chaby, I'm already budgeting somewhere around that already. Man you got me pegged fast. Already committed $300 so far this week and am thinking about a second bike already... Ah, it begins...  a new addiction.

Still waiting for members to start offering up their 1984/85 frame and forks in chrome to me. Unstamped of course top choice. Finders fee offered. Hit me up.

Also realized from the pics that I didn't have a tuff neck power disc after all. Can anyone tell me what I got going on there? Just my Sugino's bolted directly to a black tuff neck chainring? Pedals got me stumped still.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks again guys.

#20 2015-08-13 7:07am

toberad
Pro Member
Bikes: 7

cool

Buy everything... sell nothing

I CAN'T BRAIN TODAY....
i GOT THE STUPID....

#21 2015-08-13 7:08am

Texasbmx
BMXer 4 Life
Website

I have black mx1000s, I think you mentioned your bike had them.

I suggest you become a pro member and make a want to buy ad though.

#22 2015-08-13 7:15am

CHABY
Website

1984ProPerformer wrote:

So why is photobucket not retaining my pics right side up like I told them to when I rotated them on their site. Cheezy.

Thanks Texaxbmx. Not sure why you say that, but I'll take it. cool

Chaby, I'm already budgeting somewhere around that already. Man you got me pegged fast. Already committed $300 so far this week and am thinking about a second bike already... Ah, it begins...  a new addiction.

Still waiting for members to start offering up their 1984/85 frame and forks in chrome to me. Unstamped of course top choice. Finders fee offered. Hit me up.

Also realized from the pics that I didn't have a tuff neck power disc after all. Can anyone tell me what I got going on there? Just my Sugino's bolted directly to a black tuff neck chainring? Pedals got me stumped still.

Thanks again guys.

Thanks again guys.

Yup I have over $3K in my 84, check it out in my bikes section. big_smile

CHABY`S COATINGS: CHROME PLATING-POLISHING-GOLD PLATING-POWDER COATING-BMX restorations-Antique restorations-Cars-Motorcycles-Boats Etc.  CHABYS.COM  Find us on Facebook or call us @ 508-728-4590

#23 2015-08-13 5:53pm

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

Welp, the pics are right side up now today. Weird but glad. Must have been my other browser. Cool.

Teambmx. I plan to sign up as a pro member later today. Thank you.

Yeah, the MX1000's are cool, right? ...Oh, you mean you're selling some? Or just that you have some? Very cool. If so, maybe we need to get a PM going. I've been looking at pics since identifying them and totally remember that big plastic tension spin knob on them! lol. Never really liked that big knob but oh well... it's what I had. Always liked the graphics though and they worked great.

Chaby. Looks sweet in blue/yellow. Really pops. Yeah. Can get expensive quick it seems. I've gotten advice from several members already to be patient. So I think I will take that advice. Or I could get in over my head quickly here. wink

I'm still stuck on chrome though as its what I had for a performer. There was something about the 84 chrome performer that seemed better or different than other chrome jobs I'd see before. I'm curious if they had a special process? Am I just imagining this? It seemed like they had a very nice chrome on it back then. I dunno. I probably just loved it because it was mine...

So you do chroming? Interesting. PM me your rates. I'm curious.

I'm about to get my pics scanned here soon. Alright to double post on this forum? Those are next.

#24 2015-08-13 6:38pm

CHABY
Website

1984ProPerformer wrote:

Welp, the pics are right side up now today. Weird but glad. Must have been my other browser. Cool.

Teambmx. I plan to sign up as a pro member later today. Thank you.

Yeah, the MX1000's are cool, right? ...Oh, you mean you're selling some? Or just that you have some? Very cool. If so, maybe we need to get a PM going. I've been looking at pics since identifying them and totally remember that big plastic tension spin knob on them! lol. Never really liked that big knob but oh well... it's what I had. Always liked the graphics though and they worked great.

Chaby. Looks sweet in blue/yellow. Really pops. Yeah. Can get expensive quick it seems. I've gotten advice from several members already to be patient. So I think I will take that advice. Or I could get in over my head quickly here. wink

I'm still stuck on chrome though as its what I had for a performer. There was something about the 84 chrome performer that seemed better or different than other chrome jobs I'd see before. I'm curious if they had a special process? Am I just imagining this? It seemed like they had a very nice chrome on it back then. I dunno. I probably just loved it because it was mine...

So you do chroming? Interesting. PM me your rates. I'm curious.

I'm about to get my pics scanned here soon. Alright to double post on this forum? Those are next.

Chabys.com has most prices for chrome plating, polishing and powder coating.

#25 2015-08-14 1:02am

1984ProPerformer
Enjoy The Ride

Thanks Chaby.

Okay. So I've bought a frame & fork set from Skinnyboy. Man I gotta tell ya, he's one awesome dude to talk to on the phone and deal with on sales. Highest rating and a very enjoyable experience working with him on the sale. He's been very cool.

So here's what I got so far to tide me over until a real unstamped or 84/85 chrome job comes along...

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=656550

http://s813.photobucket.com/user/apecentral/media/IMG_8381_zpsaqh3cg5l.jpg.html

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/RationalOne/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084/cali%20freestyle%20unstamped%20rear_zpskcocwdwf.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/RationalOne/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084/IMG_8381_zps76xhdnmt.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/RationalOne/1984%20GT%20Pro%20Performer%20Chrome%20Sept%2084/IMG_8408_zpsjod1s5yj.jpg

Beauty, right!!!!? Spotless for an 80s era frame. I had NO idea Pacific Freestyle ever made frames. This may turn out to be a very rare bird. Anyone know anything about them producing frames? He's sending the original unused decal set with it. Right now it has a custom blue GT set he had made for a custom build. But I have to say, this thing is spotless and I'm excited to play with this. Might even research it and make a custom build of it myself if it turns out to be the only Pacific Freestyle frame & Fork still around. Would that rate a listing in the museum? That'd be really cool.

Also, In talking with Skinnyboy he said I might have had MKS Graphite X pedeals. And I instantly recognized the name when he said it. ...And the picture here. Yay!

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/image_copy22654_blowup.jpg

I think I switched to them or from them to the Suntour CXII's? Bear trap style at some point. Probably when I started racing BMX for a bit with the bike. I remember them tearing up my shins. But I loved these graphite x look and feel actually then. Very modern at the time. Still are.

Lastly, I got my pics scanned today. So I'll post those up later after I upload them. Having a blast!

Last edited by 1984ProPerformer (2015-08-16 2:45am)

Board footer