NHL

#4301 2020-02-25 7:56pm

perront
Pro MemberPolitics Can KISS My ASS
Bikes: 23

Re: NHL

HELL of a game!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#4302 2020-02-25 7:57pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel
Bikes: 12
For Sale: 2

perront wrote:

HELL of a game!

Absolutely brother cool

If winning isn't everything then why do they keep score?

"If you want to change things in a big way, then you gotta make some big changes."

#4303 2020-02-25 7:59pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/38139/blues-win25e55ecdad8.jpg

Had to do it P wink
You know that the chi-town vs the lou is one of the biggest rivalries in sports cool

"If you want to change things in a big way, then you gotta make some big changes."

#4304 2020-02-25 8:03pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

71cutlasss wrote:

Jettn25 wrote:

Sundqvist is a major piece of the blues. 2 wins out of the 14 games that he was out. Bouwmeester out, tarasenko has been out and the injuries are taking a toll. Had a 10 point lead over the AVs until this massive skid started to take place. I know that the blues won't be able to sustain all of this for long as evidence of the standings/points have stopped.

There is a silver lining though, just make the damn playoffs and hope that most of the team is in tact to try to be able to compete again and defend the title. Sid the kid said that the one of the worst things that the pens did was moving sundqvist. That dudes a sparkplug without a doubt.

Avs have had 20 injuries this season, and currently have Rantanen, Kadri, Calvert, Burakovsky, Nieto, and Grubauer out right now.
I made this pic and use it on twitter from the last time the “Ambulanche” had a bunch of guys out at the first third of the season.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 0ea16.jpeg

Priceless lol

The avublance tongue

#4305 2020-02-25 8:05pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

matt thomas wrote:

Scotty2toes wrote:

matt thomas wrote:

Born, raised, and reside in STL. Growing up in a big hockey family, we love the Blues. BUT i was a huge Savard fan! I wanted to skate like Savard! Fell a little short of my lofty goal unfortunately.

My God man, Blues fans everywhere like the herp.

You should really get some topical ointment for that problem.

mad

lol

Haha! I can't help it, born and raised in a hockey family, In St. Louis. But, im more than just a blues fan, im a fan of the game! I certainly wouldn't boo Kane! Put a Blue note on him, I'd be his biggest fan! Grew up in a roller rink, played high school ice, and a couple of years of ice leagues after high school before returning to strictly wheels. I just stopped playing a year ago at age 45. My dad played until he was 54! And just to be really clear, im NOT a cardinals fan! I can say this with a lot of certainty, a large majority of cards fans are arrogant and really annoying.

And yes, Seabrook freight trained Backes! Backes was a tough sob. I still can't believe he left the ice without a stretcher under him that night.

Say it isn't so ,not a cards fan hmm

#4306 2020-02-26 6:09am

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 3

Jettn25 wrote:

matt thomas wrote:

Scotty2toes wrote:

My God man, Blues fans everywhere like the herp.

You should really get some topical ointment for that problem.

mad

lol

Haha! I can't help it, born and raised in a hockey family, In St. Louis. But, im more than just a blues fan, im a fan of the game! I certainly wouldn't boo Kane! Put a Blue note on him, I'd be his biggest fan! Grew up in a roller rink, played high school ice, and a couple of years of ice leagues after high school before returning to strictly wheels. I just stopped playing a year ago at age 45. My dad played until he was 54! And just to be really clear, im NOT a cardinals fan! I can say this with a lot of certainty, a large majority of cards fans are arrogant and really annoying.

And yes, Seabrook freight trained Backes! Backes was a tough sob. I still can't believe he left the ice without a stretcher under him that night.

Not a baseball fan, at all. Growing up in stl, and my wife growing up in chicago in a cubs family, I've witnessed the rivalry from both vantage points. Still cant believe how salty "cardinals nation" was when the cubs won the world series. Even the local media here were complete assholes about it.

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found! BIG THANKS to npatrick!
Wanted- Injury free 2020! Rotator cuff is feeling ok, not 100%, but I'm out living!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

#4307 2020-02-27 2:40pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

matt thomas wrote:

Jettn25 wrote:

matt thomas wrote:

Not a baseball fan, at all. Growing up in stl, and my wife growing up in chicago in a cubs family, I've witnessed the rivalry from both vantage points. Still cant believe how salty "cardinals nation" was when the cubs won the world series. Even the local media here were complete assholes about it.

Yeah, st.louis doesn't like Chicago. But here's a little something for you to check into. The tribe had the cubs down 3-1 in that WS. 2 of their studs in the rotation were out, injured. Kluber pitched 3 times in that series. If the tribe just had 1 if those starters, the tribe wins that. By the way, the tribe is my AL team  cool

I couldn't stand the cubs winning it either to be honest. Especially when you look at how Chicago slams us. Bryant saying st.louis is a boring town etc etc. But I respect you not being a baseball fan. I am a sports fanatic and I simply love competing at anything. Even if its ping pong lol

#4308 2020-03-03 7:39am

71cutlasss
Am I evil? Yes I am...
Bikes: 9

“The Avalanche have won seven consecutive games. Without four of their top five points leaders. While their superstar center has not scored a goal in two weeks. With the latest victory riding on the backs of three dudes who weren’t here a week ago.” Per Ryan S. Clark- The Athletic

Last edited by 71cutlasss (2020-03-03 7:41am)

I honestly don’t know why I come here anymore because I hate you. My “personality” sucks.

#4309 2020-03-03 7:41am

Scotty2toes
Eat My Ringpiece
Bikes: 11

71cutlasss wrote:

The Avalanche have won seven consecutive games. Without four of their top five points leaders. While their superstar center has not scored a goal in two weeks. With the latest victory riding on the backs of three dudes who weren’t here a week ago.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/225199/source5e5e7a8c35.gif

Harp, I want to tell you something. I was in this bureau when you were still popping zits on your funny face and jerking off with the lingerie section of the Sears catalog....

#4310 2020-03-03 7:42am

71cutlasss
Am I evil? Yes I am...
Bikes: 9

Scotty2toes wrote:

71cutlasss wrote:

The Avalanche have won seven consecutive games. Without four of their top five points leaders. While their superstar center has not scored a goal in two weeks. With the latest victory riding on the backs of three dudes who weren’t here a week ago.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 7a8c35.gif

Have a steak- my treat

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/59639/836afa98-b42e-416d-87f1-523beaa4c9245e5e7ad97c.jpeg

I honestly don’t know why I come here anymore because I hate you. My “personality” sucks.

#4311 2020-03-04 4:47am

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

71cutlasss wrote:

“The Avalanche have won seven consecutive games. Without four of their top five points leaders. While their superstar center has not scored a goal in two weeks. With the latest victory riding on the backs of three dudes who weren’t here a week ago.” Per Ryan S. Clark- The Athletic

I have been paying attention to the AVs also.  The Blues have a 8 game winning streak and are still without Tarasenko at that. The guys have definitely been picking up the slack in his absence.

#4312 2020-03-12 10:14am

DIPSOMANIAC
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

NHL has suspended the season now too:

The NHL is reportedly following the lead of other sports leagues around the world and has suspended its season.

The news trickled out slowly over the course of the morrning: teams were instructed by the NHL to cancel their morning skates. Then it came out that on-ice officials that had travelled to games had been told to book flights home. It was easy to see the writing on the wall.

Just a few days ago, the idea of NHL teams playing in front of empty arenas seemed extreme. Now, it seems like an inadequate response to a serious pandemic.

On Wednesday, the NBA suspended its season after Utah Jazz star Rudy Gobert tested positive for the novel coronavirus prior to a game between the Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder. The game was initially just postponed before the NBA announced the suspension of their season.

Since then, one of Gobert's teammates, Donovan Mitchell, also tested positive for coronavirus.

The NHL has reportedly inquired with teams about their arenas being available through July, suggesting that they intend to reschedule the season rather than cancel it outright. Extending the season through July would buy the league over a month of time to complete the regular season, longer if they simply move directly to the playoffs.

It is unknown at this time how the NHL will handle the standings if the remainder of the regular season is unable to be played.

#4313 2020-03-12 1:25pm

YankeeJim
27 & Counting...
Bikes: 3

Just when things were starting to heat up with playoff urgency, it all grinds to a halt. sad

HELLTRACK BYLAW 812.3 BRAVO-
To be eligible, a rider must be sponsored by a company with at least $50,000 in sales.

#4314 2020-03-13 9:22am

perront

DIPSOMANIAC wrote:

NHL has suspended the season now too:

The NHL is reportedly following the lead of other sports leagues around the world and has suspended its season.

The news trickled out slowly over the course of the morrning: teams were instructed by the NHL to cancel their morning skates. Then it came out that on-ice officials that had travelled to games had been told to book flights home. It was easy to see the writing on the wall.

Just a few days ago, the idea of NHL teams playing in front of empty arenas seemed extreme. Now, it seems like an inadequate response to a serious pandemic.

On Wednesday, the NBA suspended its season after Utah Jazz star Rudy Gobert tested positive for the novel coronavirus prior to a game between the Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder. The game was initially just postponed before the NBA announced the suspension of their season.

Since then, one of Gobert's teammates, Donovan Mitchell, also tested positive for coronavirus.

The NHL has reportedly inquired with teams about their arenas being available through July, suggesting that they intend to reschedule the season rather than cancel it outright. Extending the season through July would buy the league over a month of time to complete the regular season, longer if they simply move directly to the playoffs.

It is unknown at this time how the NHL will handle the standings if the remainder of the regular season is unable to be played.

Missed opportunity for epic rat games!

Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#4315 2020-05-08 10:25am

Axel10
BMX Archaeologist

What a bunch of maggot losers.

Winnipeg woman focusing on body positivity after being targeted by hockey players' misogynistic slurs
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba … -1.5560623

Washington Capitals terminating Brendan Leipsic's contract following offensive comments
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/washington- … -1.4930838

'El Derecho de Vivir en Paz'

#4316 2020-05-08 10:17pm

perront

Axel10 wrote:

What a bunch of maggot losers.

Winnipeg woman focusing on body positivity after being targeted by hockey players' misogynistic slurs
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba … -1.5560623

Washington Capitals terminating Brendan Leipsic's contract following offensive comments
https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/washington- … -1.4930838

No such thing as a "private chat group", I suppose.  If a lawsuit is filed in the US, there has to be some sort of Amendment I defense.

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#4317 2020-05-13 11:39am

perront

No idea when I’ll be on the ice again, but I found these near-new FT 370s for $135.  A model up from the FT 360s I’m converting to inline, Rocketframe stiffness and a better overall finish at that price stokes me beyond belief!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/45011/806a2b06-19ee-472c-bca2-cfb26d804fef5ebc323264.jpeg

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#4318 2020-05-13 1:35pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

perront wrote:

No idea when I’ll be on the ice again, but I found these near-new FT 370s for $135.  A model up from the FT 360s I’m converting to inline, Rocketframe stiffness and a better overall finish at that price stokes me beyond belief!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 23264.jpeg

Wow cool
I need to get myself a new pair of ice skates before we get back to winter and ice time. I want to see if I can still skate as well as I used to be able to. I could skate as well as all of my buddies who were playing triple A and a few of them that went up to Kalamazoo and into some of the Canadian leagues. My only problem was, my family couldn't afford to get all the equipment, the fees plus the traveling expenses. I basically used all hand me down equipment and went out and played with all of the better players from my town and area. I had a nice pair of jofa shin pads, a black and a blue ccm helmet and one had the cage and the other was a full shield itech facemask. I had ccm gloves and a real nice pair of donza shoulder pads, I think that's how you spell the shoulder pads correctly anyway lol
I never did get my padded shorts/pants the socks,elbow pads and I am sure that I am forgetting some equipment.

Where did you find those P?
Did you buy them new or used from a play it again sports or from a online seller. Let me know so that I can check some out too if they are being sold from a store or if more are available. I wear anywhere from a size 12 to 13 in shoes. I know for a fact that I wear 13 in puma shoes.

#4319 2020-06-20 3:13pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

Still the champions cool

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/38139/2019-st.-louis-blues-stanley-cup-champions-memorabilia-900-thumb5eee89e154.jpg

#4320 2020-07-12 10:53am

MAIDEN GT fan
Pro MemberBMX To The Hills

Gonna Have To Defend It SOON! NHL Has Set A Timeframe For Play-In/Round-Robin! 'Training Camps' Are Starting. smile cool

#4321 2020-07-13 6:31am

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

Maiden DB fan wrote:

Gonna Have To Defend It SOON! NHL Has Set A Timeframe For Play-In/Round-Robin! 'Training Camps' Are Starting. smile cool

Ready to go!
Everyone is healthy too cool

#4322 2020-07-13 9:41am

perront

Jettn25 wrote:

perront wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 23264.jpeg

Wow cool
I need to get myself a new pair of ice skates before we get back to winter and ice time. I want to see if I can still skate as well as I used to be able to. I could skate as well as all of my buddies who were playing triple A and a few of them that went up to Kalamazoo and into some of the Canadian leagues. My only problem was, my family couldn't afford to get all the equipment, the fees plus the traveling expenses. I basically used all hand me down equipment and went out and played with all of the better players from my town and area. I had a nice pair of jofa shin pads, a black and a blue ccm helmet and one had the cage and the other was a full shield itech facemask. I had ccm gloves and a real nice pair of donza shoulder pads, I think that's how you spell the shoulder pads correctly anyway lol
I never did get my padded shorts/pants the socks,elbow pads and I am sure that I am forgetting some equipment.

Where did you find those P?
Did you buy them new or used from a play it again sports or from a online seller. Let me know so that I can check some out too if they are being sold from a store or if more are available. I wear anywhere from a size 12 to 13 in shoes. I know for a fact that I wear 13 in puma shoes.

My bad for reading your post only now!  I think I used Sideline Swap, but only after conducting some pretty exhaustive research.  Used them for the first time last night while subbing for a team, and the reinforced boot makes one hell of a difference.  My play after being off the ice for five months was another story entirely...sadmadlol

FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!

#4323 2020-08-02 8:41pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

mad

#4324 2020-08-02 8:41pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

LETS GO BLUES cool

Wake the fk up

#4325 2020-08-10 1:56pm

Jettn25
Pro MemberThe 3rd Wheel

So far the blues haven't won a game. I would much rather face the Canucks than the flames. With all of that being said,  the boys have competed and lost by a goal in each game.

The Hawks yikes
Those boys look like the Stanley cup champions that they accomplished recently cool

Golden knights are the favorites and that just happens to be the best game st.louis has played in this round Robin deal. Another thing, I like how the NHL decided to put covers on all of the seats. Looks way better than cardboard cutouts to me but that's also just my opinion or how I see it.

LETS GO BLUES cool

Board footer