You are not logged in.

1999 Haro Revo  RSS Feed

#1 2015-06-14 12:25am

houndog
Pro MemberOn a Mid-Skool Kick
From: OH
Registered: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2744
Bikes: 26

1999 Haro Revo

http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_2919557ca20a0c.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_2923557ca403cd.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_2927557ca3cc6f.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_2924557ca2ddb3.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_2922557ca387a5.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com//image/img_2928557ca3a876.jpg

1999 Haro Revo

SOLD 11/2015
My idea of a Retro-Master --still need calipers and a few adjustments

1999 Haro Revo.  Budget build retro-master.  Haro mid-school purists will cringe at this build.  There isn't a shortage of retro-masters in the museum but I can't afford the real deal so here it is...  The original paint was toast and the chrome on the forks was rusted.  New to the bike are the mags, chainwheel/spider, seat, chain, grips, levers, redline seat post. I am working on restoring the original Tektro calipers.  I canonized the seat clamp and I'm happy how it came out.  The tires have some dry rot but cleaned up nicely.  The bars and stem polished up nicely.  The decals don't fit perfect because the downtube and seat stay are much fatter than the 1985 model but I'm ok with it.   The Chicago bars need to come back some as well. 


http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Last edited by houndog (2015-06-16 6:04am)

Offline

 

#2 2015-06-14 6:06am

80 PRO-LINE
Pro MemberFreewheel Burning
From: Collierville, TN
Registered: 2007-08-11
Posts: 1981
Bikes: 6
Website

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

houndog wrote:

I canonized the seat clamp and I'm happy how it came out.

Nice clean build and the first time I've seen someone declare a bike component a Saint! That clamp must have been key to the build. lol


Greg - Old CJBMX Veteran racing again after 30-year hiatus cool
'80 Redline Pro-Line   '08 Redline Proline 24
'09 Redline MX-20      '09 Redline MX-24
'13 Redline Flight Pro XXL
'14 Redline Flight Pro 24
'14 Haro Flightline Carbon 29 Comp

[img]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/meanbuicks/BMX/RL_anim8_zpszyfbxcfm.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#3 2015-06-14 7:13am

houndog
Pro MemberOn a Mid-Skool Kick
From: OH
Registered: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2744
Bikes: 26

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

80 PRO-LINE wrote:

houndog wrote:

I canonized the seat clamp and I'm happy how it came out.

Nice clean build and the first time I've seen someone declare a bike component a Saint! That clamp must have been key to the build. lol

haha!  damn auto correct.  I will need to edit that to say "canodized".  lol

thanks for the feedback.  I had some time yesterday so I decided to upload it as is but will def update pics later.  this bike really does ride great.  For some reason, all my mid school builds seem to come together more easy and ride much better than my old school ones.  it is a tank though.

Offline

 

#4 2015-06-14 11:54am

RI Haro Freestyler
Pro Member
From: North Smithfield, RI
Registered: 2013-04-11
Posts: 547
Bikes: 24
For Sale: 1

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

Looks great! Love the green!   FYI though, fork stickers are upside down.


47 years old and still loving my Haros!

Offline

 

#5 2015-06-15 4:20am

houndog
Pro MemberOn a Mid-Skool Kick
From: OH
Registered: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2744
Bikes: 26

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

Looks great! Love the green!   FYI though, fork stickers are upside down.

You sure about that boss?

Offline

 

#6 2015-06-15 8:40pm

RI Haro Freestyler
Pro Member
From: North Smithfield, RI
Registered: 2013-04-11
Posts: 547
Bikes: 24
For Sale: 1

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

houndog wrote:

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

Looks great! Love the green!   FYI though, fork stickers are upside down.

You sure about that boss?

Chevrons are upside down


47 years old and still loving my Haros!

Offline

 

#7 2015-06-16 4:52am

houndog
Pro MemberOn a Mid-Skool Kick
From: OH
Registered: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2744
Bikes: 26

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

houndog wrote:

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

Looks great! Love the green!   FYI though, fork stickers are upside down.

You sure about that boss?

Chevrons are upside down

Well ain't that a son of a bitch!  I deviate from building a GT one time and I mess it up!!!  lol  Rather than focusing on the chevron, I looked at the word HARO only.  I checked out about 10-15 '85 Haro's to make sure I had the "word" pointed in the right direction.  I was correct with that portion except for the fact that I put them on the wrong side.  Right is on the left and vice versa!  DAMN!!!!  Therefore, the word HARO is also pointed in the right direction on the other side, but the chevrons are once again upside down. 

Now for recommendations.  Thoughts on this?  It is a rider.  It is spray bombed (a nice 3 stage paint job, but still a spray bomb).  At the end of the day it is still a 1999 Revo.  Do I try to take these stickers off, hope I don't tear them and get them back on the correct way?  Will I risk messing up the paint in anyway if I do this?  Or, should I just leave it and wait for people to notice?  Make sure I let buyers know if I ever sell it?

Offline

 

#8 2015-06-16 6:03am

RI Haro Freestyler
Pro Member
From: North Smithfield, RI
Registered: 2013-04-11
Posts: 547
Bikes: 24
For Sale: 1

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

Buddy, go here: http://ajkbikes.com/catalog/product_inf … cts_id=840 for the fork decals. Try pealing them off very slowly with a little heat from a hair dryer.

The bike looks great!!!!


47 years old and still loving my Haros!

Offline

 

#9 2015-06-16 6:41am

houndog
Pro MemberOn a Mid-Skool Kick
From: OH
Registered: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2744
Bikes: 26

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

Buddy, go here: http://ajkbikes.com/catalog/product_inf … cts_id=840 for the fork decals. Try pealing them off very slowly with a little heat from a hair dryer.

The bike looks great!!!!

I may try this....but then again, i might just live with it and move on.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline

 

#10 2015-06-16 7:50am

RI Haro Freestyler
Pro Member
From: North Smithfield, RI
Registered: 2013-04-11
Posts: 547
Bikes: 24
For Sale: 1

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

You're welcome. Just to clear the air, I wasn't busting balls. I'm not like that.

houndog wrote:

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

Buddy, go here: http://ajkbikes.com/catalog/product_inf … cts_id=840 for the fork decals. Try pealing them off very slowly with a little heat from a hair dryer.

The bike looks great!!!!

I may try this....but then again, i might just live with it and move on.  Thanks for pointing it out.


47 years old and still loving my Haros!

Offline

 

#11 2015-06-17 4:32am

houndog
Pro MemberOn a Mid-Skool Kick
From: OH
Registered: 2010-08-13
Posts: 2744
Bikes: 26

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

You're welcome. Just to clear the air, I wasn't busting balls. I'm not like that.

houndog wrote:

RI Haro Freestyler wrote:

Buddy, go here: http://ajkbikes.com/catalog/product_inf … cts_id=840 for the fork decals. Try pealing them off very slowly with a little heat from a hair dryer.

The bike looks great!!!!

I may try this....but then again, i might just live with it and move on.  Thanks for pointing it out.

aw shoot man, i didn't take it that way.  I appreciate you pointing it out.  and, i deserve to have my balls busted for that one.  amateur hour all the way!

Offline

 

#12 2015-07-02 4:50pm

jlewis
Pro MemberDiving Suits & Fishin' Sticks
From: Rochester, NY
Registered: 2009-09-19
Posts: 2249
Bikes: 27

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

Dave, leave the stickers alone.  It looks fine.  cool

At some point, you may want to throw some tan skinwalls on it. 

Still looks great, though.  big_smile

Offline

 

#13 2015-07-02 5:34pm

rainmaker
Pro MemberLikes it Dirty
From: Pryor creek, oklahoma
Registered: 2013-09-11
Posts: 2535
Bikes: 4

Re: 1999 Haro Revo

wow big_smilecool

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →