You are not logged in.

Anybody ever have a paranormal experience?

#26 2015-05-24 9:21am

spyker
Pro MemberiCe PiKK

Re: Anybody ever have a paranormal experience?

stonie wrote:

spyker wrote:

bmxpro2 wrote:

if i was in ur shoes i wouldve peed my pants:lol: and start running out side and bike off

A few weeks after that incident I asked to be transfered to a different department....valet.

I was offered a job at the same place a few years ago and the job description was maintenance,I said hell no!

What will be your response when GAry asks you to be a MOD/ADMIN?
Probably just as frightening as your hotel job    tongue

I would politely decline the offer if Gary asked me....but in the real world,there is not a hope in chance I will ever become a staff member on here.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#27 2015-05-24 9:23am

Kurt_Rad
Pro MemberReverend of Rad
Bikes: 93
For Sale: 1

I am haunted by Spyker

πŸ–•πŸ»πŸ–•πŸΌπŸ–•πŸ½πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΏ

#28 2015-05-24 10:38am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Texasbmx wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

My dad has stories

If you find the time to post  I would love to hear them.

Both of you, post it up.

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

This too shall pass.

The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.

#29 2015-05-24 10:51am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

What about knowing something before it happens? I do it all the time. I've had instances where I've dropped what I was doing to call and tell someone not to do something and they are like how'd you know. I am mainly able to do it while driving. I get a weird feeling that a cop will be set up to give out tickets and a couple of hills or turns later there he is. It has saved me numerous times.

This too shall pass.

#30 2015-05-24 11:07am

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 16
Website

or.... Radar detector   wink

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( ΒΊ . ΒΊ )  \m/

#31 2015-05-24 11:09am

Johnnny
Pro MemberI prefer Sockeye to be honest....
Bikes: 19
Website

I have bought 15 packs of beer and they just disappear. neutral

Born again. Mom has a strong uterus.

#32 2015-05-24 11:24am

tentoesover
Pro MemberMr. Looseball
Bikes: 11

eric12 wrote:

What about knowing something before it happens? I do it all the time. I've had instances where I've dropped what I was doing to call and tell someone not to do something and they are like how'd you know. I am mainly able to do it while driving. I get a weird feeling that a cop will be set up to give out tickets and a couple of hills or turns later there he is. It has saved me numerous times.

That's a pretty handy bit of ESP.

Oftentimes I'm thinking I need to text my wife or Mom or my closest friend and my phone goes off that they are texting me. Not nearly as useful as yours.

The last Ocelot

Spammer kills: 54!

Owl, Heyslugger and Severed are on my "Deal with first" list. You guys are rad.

#33 2015-05-24 11:36am

spyker
Pro MemberiCe PiKK

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I am haunted by Spyker

I'm guessing it's safe to say now that you see asian people.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#34 2015-05-24 11:41am

Kurt_Rad

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I am haunted by Spyker

I live near Banff

#35 2015-05-24 11:45am

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

tentoesover wrote:

eric12 wrote:

Oftentimes I'm thinking I need to text my wife or Mom or my closest friend and my phone goes off that they are texting me. Not nearly as useful as yours.

I have that happen too, and but I have to be close to the person. The last few times with my daughter. She'll call me when I'm in the middle of texting her. I answer and say "Can't you see I'm trying to text you. If I wanted to talk to you, I would have called." and then hang-up and finish my text. She normally calls right back and I get the "Really Dad!" lol

This too shall pass.

#36 2015-05-24 11:52am

spyker
Pro MemberiCe PiKK

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I am haunted by Spyker

I live near Banff

Asian tourists?

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#37 2015-05-24 12:07pm

Johnnny
Website

I mostly see Australian people when in Banff.

#38 2015-05-24 12:24pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

I see dead people drinking Johnnny's beer.

This too shall pass.

#39 2015-05-24 12:32pm

stonie
Pro MemberThe Museum Therapist
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 16
Website

Damn, Banff looks beautiful.

Way to far though, like 750 miles from my neck of the woods.
Guess I will stick with exploring Idaho, that should be good enough as it's nice here too.  big_smile

Last edited by stonie (2015-05-24 12:33pm)

Gnarly is when it's beyond radical, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined. Nobody can shred like that guy, he's gnarly.                                        \m/  ( ΒΊ . ΒΊ )  \m/

#40 2015-05-24 12:40pm

spyker
Pro MemberiCe PiKK

Johnnny wrote:

I mostly see Australian people when in Banff.

I see Aussies whenever I'm in Whistler.

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#41 2015-05-24 12:48pm

Kurt_Rad

spyker wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

spyker wrote:

I live near Banff

Asian tourists?

By the bus load. The Aussies and Kiwis are foreign workers/ski bums. The Asians are tourists and gift shop owners. The "local" Canadians are all from Quebec and Ontario.

#42 2015-05-24 1:16pm

tentoesover
Pro MemberMr. Looseball

eric12 wrote:

tentoesover wrote:

eric12 wrote:

I have that happen too, and but I have to be close to the person. The last few times with my daughter. She'll call me when I'm in the middle of texting her. I answer and say "Can't you see I'm trying to text you. If I wanted to talk to you, I would have called." and then hang-up and finish my text. She normally calls right back and I get the "Really Dad!" lol

lollollol

The last Ocelot

Spammer kills: 54!

Owl, Heyslugger and Severed are on my "Deal with first" list. You guys are rad.

#43 2015-05-24 2:37pm

Thetrooper
Pro Member
Bikes: 20
For Sale: 9

Years ago, I was on a neighbor's farm and I came across a lone grave stone in the middle of a corn field. I asked the owner of the property and she said it was a mother/daughter marker. She said they died during some sort of plague in the late 1800s. Also told me that there was a small town south of us and it wiped out quite a few of its people. They dug a mass grave that's across the road from the end of our driveway. Anytime there's road work being done, she's down there supervising. She's very protective and doesn't want the area disturbed.

My wife and daughters have seen a little girl a number of times... standing next to the bed, wandering the hall. I've never seen anything, but almost every night when I go to bed I hear knocking on the wall from outside. I guess just saying goodnight. Most nights I lay there and wait for it... not really creepy anymore, but still weird.

[img][/img] http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/biggobbler101/IMAG0326_zps3txe0lrj.jpg

Last edited by Thetrooper (2015-05-24 2:40pm)

Need a gold Suzue high flange rear hub in really good condition

Win TWINS!!!

#44 2015-05-24 3:09pm

Johnnny
Website

eric12 wrote:

I see dead people drinking Johnnny's beer.

That is not cool! mad

#45 2015-05-24 4:33pm

Backinthesaddle44
"be careful what you ask for"

I've had a couple, not sure what happened though. One i think was just a combination of the weather, some idiot guys trying to break in to my condo and paranoia. The other i have no explanation and don't like to talk about it...

We are paid by those who learn by our mistakes ~ The Working Hour

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato

#46 2015-05-24 4:39pm

DRbmxbikes
Pro Member
Website

yikes

when it comes time to die,be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death,so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way,sing your death song and die like a hero going home. chief aupumut mohican 1725

#47 2015-05-24 6:43pm

doeboy211
HOOF ARTED

Backinthesaddle44 wrote:

I've had a couple, not sure what happened though. One i think was just a combination of the weather, some idiot guys trying to break in to my condo and paranoia. The other i have no explanation and don't like to talk about it...

Dont leave us hanging dude

Cheapest Gyro cables in town!

#48 2015-05-24 7:46pm

Roboprop
The Dark Knight
Bikes: 3

If things get out of hand, this thing is ready to rock. lol
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/darrinandmo/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/0725F611-C99C-416D-BE78-709FCBAED4F6_zps5vyn8fln.jpg

Don't mind me. I'm just here to look at pictures.

#49 2015-05-24 8:23pm

parktool
South Park
Bikes: 1

Many look for proof. Of a high a higher power or something greater than ourselves. At the very least a sign there may be something more than this. Science helps us in this respect by stating that visual proof usually is the weakest. This is my story.
It was 1991 I was 21. I was getting sober. I had enough AGAINS in my young life. As typical of many of my type, I did not arrive at this decision "on the wings of victory." I was starting over without a dime to my name AGAIN. I got a job at filthy junk yard. This is the kind of place that would not be allowed to operate today. There where pools of transmission fluid and used motor oil all over the ground. It was like they just dropped the fluid anywhere they felt like. It was spring and wet. When I stepped, it would be in a soft muddy pool of oil and fluid. It was everywhere and there was no relief from it.  My only pair of shoes was a beat up pair of sued Puma Clydes low tops. As you can imagine after a few days of this, they where completely soaked through. I made my first week miserably. The skin on my feet already showing signs of decent skin irritation from standing in this toxic soup for 8 hrs a day. I have always had foot skin issues and this was becoming a real problem. I remember saying "God I just need some boots and I'll be able to make it."
           Monday morning I get an assignment to pull a front clip off a new model gold Toyota Corolla that had come in over the weekend. This was my first work on a newer vehicle that had just come in. It had everything. Hair and blood, personal effects all over the car including change( nice I was broke) I wonder whats in the trunk? I pop the lever and walk back. I open it up to find a brand new looking box with the words Herman Survivors on it. I stood in shock for a few seconds. There was no way there could be boots in there, and if there are there's no way they are my size. I remember thinking. I looked around  to see if anybody was watching. Like the boss took pity on me and bought me some boots and it was a surprise. (YEAH RIGHT!) I opened the box and underneath that tissue paper there they where. One brand new pair of HERMAN SURVIVORS SIZE 11.5 MY SIZE!!!! I was stunned. My prayer was answered. I'm still stunned thinking about it tonight. Thats a true story. Some might write that off as a stroke of luck or an uncanny coincidence. I don't believe in them myself. Telling this I am reminded of a quote by Einstein.
"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." The second part of that quote which isn't quoted much he goes on to ask. "Which world would you rather live in?"

Nice bike. How much did your mom pay for it?

#50 2015-05-24 9:40pm

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 23

If you have the time, have a seat and read this...

I went to undergrad at Hampton University (the one Kentucky took out in the first round of the NCAA championship) -- a school that was founded in 1868 to educate freed slaves and Native Americans.  It's located at the mouth of the James River in Virginia, and is located minutes from such historic places as Jamestown and Yorktown.  In terms of European/Native American history, it is a very old place, and it is said that the campus and surrounding developments are built upon cemeteries.

My junior year, I moved a few blocks off-campus to a development named Mill Point.  Cool little subdivision that consisted of these three story townhouses, located right next to the water.  A friend of mine named Rodney, who was also from Chicago, put in a word for me, and I signed a lease for the place along with him and two other guys.  I was fortunate enough to land in the master suite on the third floor, and was stoked beyond belief.

Now, upon moving in, Rodney told me about how the owner, a guy named Richard, used to live there, and how Richard had experienced paranormal phenomenon such as a crucifix being thrown across a room, and the sensation of someone walking around him while lying in his bed -- in the master suite.  Rodney also told me of a night when he and his old room mates had friends over, and how he, while looking at a window on the second floor, he saw the reflection of a woman materializing from a wall behind him.  I had no reason not to believe Rodney, but although I had long heard tell of his and others' experiences, I had yet to experience paranormal phenomenon myself.  All that was about to change.

One night, my girl and I were relaxing in my room when all of the sudden, we both heard the front door slam shut, footsteps run up the stairs, then down the hallway next to my room.  As I said, the house was three stories, and was set up so that the main entrance was on the second floor -- the location of the kitchen, dining room, and living room -- and the three main bedrooms were all on the third floor.  However, the first floor housed the garage and an additional bedroom behind the garage.  This was Rodney's bedroom, and he was able to access it via a door next to the garage door so that he wouldn't have to go up a set of exterior stairs to the second floor to get in the house, but could also access the second floor via an additional interior set of stairs.  So, in effect, my girl and I heard someone enter the house the way that most people did, so we both fully expected to see at least one of my room mates.  Problem was that when I opened my door, all the lights in the house were out, and no one answered me when I called out to my room mates.  My girl and I looked at each other, then decided it was time to grab whatever weapons we had at our disposal, and comb the house.

We started by walking through the upstairs hallway and common bathroom, then worked our way down to the second floor foyer, kitchen, dining room, and living room.  Lights out, nobody there.  We then opened the door to the interior staircase, turned on the light, then walked down the stairs only to find my room mate, Nolan, just entering the house through the first floor access door.  I asked, "Nolan, you just getting home?", to which he replied, "Yeah".  We were shocked, and none of use had any explanation other then us just having shared a paranormal experience.

Rodney graduated and moved out in December, and second semester brought with it a new room mate named Stan.  Stan and I had been cool for a couple of years, but I had never mentioned to him anything about the goings on at 108 Millpoint Drive.  One afternoon during finals, Stan was watching TV in the living room, and I told him that I was leaving the house to go study.  He said, "Okay", I left the house without any further thought, and all appeared to be normal.  When I arrive later that evening, I came in the house and walked into the living to find Stan still sitting and watching TV, only that he was clutching a tennis racquet to his chest.  In his thick Philadelphian accent, he asked if I was just getting home, to which I replied that I was.  Said Stan, "Yo, maaaan, I was sitting here watching TV when I heard the front door slam shut, then I heard footsteps run upstairs and down the hallway!"  I immediately told him about my experience, and we shared a genuine WTF moment.

The next autumn, the other guys and I had moved out, and three girls moved in.  It was Halloween night, and they decided to throw a party.  However, what what presented as a normal thing to do on Halloween night turned out to be anything but normal.

It was pretty late, and the party had died down quite a great deal.  I'd had a good bit to drink, but I still had my wits about me.  I was sitting alone with my back against the wall next to the door to the interior staircase that connected the first and second floors.  On the doorknob hung a motion detector that was made in the shape of a ghost, and every time someone walked past the motion detector, it went "booooo" and shook around.  As I said, I was sitting alone against the wall, and several other people were sitting in various places within the room.  Nobody whatsoever was sitting near me, and nobody walked close enough to me to set off the motion detector.

For no apparent reason, I suddenly began to feel a presence around me.  I thought for a moment, then whispered, "You're here, aren't you?"  The motion detector went off.  I then said, "We're cool, though, right?"  Again, the motion detector went off.  My next question was, "You're Native American, aren't you?"  The "boooo" of the motion detector was the response.  I followed that question by asking, "Why are you angry?"  No response.  Then, I asked, "I didn't have any business asking that, did I?"  Once again, the motion detector went off.

I continued to ask a few more yes/no question, to which the motion detector continued to go off.  Then, as suddenly as I had begun to feel it, the feeling of that presence went away, and no further unusual activities occurred for the rest of the evening.  I initially adopted a skeptical approach explaining the agitation of the motion detector, and wondered if perhaps a draft or another party guest had cause the detector to go off.  I had absolutely no evidence to support such a claim.

My opinion is that intellectual entities do exist, but that the vast majority of people one comes across in the US are not open-minded enough to consider the possibility of us people sharing our sense of consciousness and with beings that we usually cannot see.  Those people, I feel, are missing out on a whole other level of existence that, for me, has proven to be interesting and a bit scary all at once.

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang β€” what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

Board footer