U.S.A. made Mirra Pro's & U.S.A. made Backtrail/Nyquist pro's  RSS Feed

#51 2014-02-20 7:31pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
Bikes: 5

Re: U.S.A. made Mirra Pro's & U.S.A. made Backtrail/Nyquist pro's

darkersomeday wrote:

I've seen several actually, reluctantly, granted,

Maybe you should show some respect for someone elses knowledge too?
Instead of getting all pissy and defensive,

I thought t was common knowledge that these HARO's were ALL made in either Taiwan or China,
The grey one even says "made in China" on the box!!

Pissy and defensive??!

Since you jumped on here posting your conclusions? I don't get it..

Oh..and you are in Uk.
Then just like i said on my previous post, you haven't seen any of these frames yet but easy for you to judge.
I've been looking through ebay and from members on here as well for like 9-10 years and i've never seen a single one of them in UK. Not yet.

'Blind to see' ...just because Haro makes completes, people like you overestimate brands like S&M, Standard, Fit and think all the rest are junk...avoiding even to look at.
Little do you know.

And from your last 'post'...i can see who is offensive for no reason

!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

#52 2014-02-20 7:45pm

billyhandyjunior
Every day is a gift!
Bikes: 14

I hope the products Haro produced from 96-2006 remain 'under the radar'. That's better for a rider/collector like myself.

wink

Can you guys take your discussion to live chat so this thread doesn't turn into an unsound argument please?

smile

"Change your thoughts and you change your world." - Norman Vincent Peale

#53 2014-02-20 7:58pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

billyhandyjunior wrote:

Can you guys take your discussion to live chat so this thread doesn't turn into an unsound argument please?

smile

It won't smile

This ends here for me

I loved the 'under the radar' line !

!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

#54 2014-02-20 8:05pm

billyhandyjunior
Every day is a gift!

smile

Thank you. I would to see a potentially awesome thread derailed.

Honestly? I'm not a hater. I have Haro's, S&M's, WTP's, an eastern, GT's, a peregrine, a predator, an intense, a DK.....variety is the spice of life!!!! It's all good.

smile

Back to the topic at hand......

#55 2014-02-20 10:08pm

billyhandyjunior
Every day is a gift!

Haro Sickness

6. 2004 frame has many small things that set it apart, a couple are the lack of the raised "M" logo for Mirra on the drops, the top tube gusset still has it just like the Taiwan made frames though. The raised lip around the edge of the bb shell and the serial number, which is the same configuration as the 2003 serial numbers. Its stamped on one lip of the BB shell. On one side it say's Mirra Pro and on the other it has a serial starting with CIC - . Also important to note, in 2004 and some other yrs possibly, Haro did offer their Taiwan made frames for sale as a frame kit only as well. So not all frames bought as a frame only kit during 2004 and possibly some other yrs are automatically U.S. made.

I came across another thread on differences between the 03 US and 04 Pro's......The giant dropouts were cut down and the down tube was slimmed down as well in 04.

b

#56 2014-02-21 6:12am

HaroSickness
Pro Member

darkersomeday wrote:

I'm still not convinced that ANY of these HARO frames were USA made,

neutral

so what, why even post this ? Why are you "not convinced" ?  what reason do you have for doubting it ? what proof do you have ? including any of that in a post would have been relevant. If you want to be "controversial" , at least have the decency to try to contribute something at the same time.

Last edited by HaroSickness (2014-02-21 6:18am)

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING STUFF - ** MADE IN U.S.A. MIRRA AND BACKTRAIL/NYQUIST PRO FRAMES, AS WELL AS MADE IN U.S.A. STAMPED MIDSCHOOL HARO PARTS** ALSO, interested in Mirra pro/S351/Y2K completes & framesets & other mid-school Haro stuff including - chrome fusion cranks, OS1 & OS2 cranks, Hevron stems, Made in U.S.A. big & smallblock stems, Big Block pedals, Mega Hubs W/female axles, Mirra seats, White wall Haro tires - any midschool haro stuff from around 95-2005 , especially Mirra and backtrail/nyquist pro stuff
Wanted thread - http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 5#p4478355
check out our midschool Haro thread - http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 17&p=1

#57 2014-02-21 6:23am

HaroSickness
Pro Member

darkersomeday wrote:

Duke 01 wrote:

darkersomeday wrote:

I'm still not convinced that ANY of these HARO frames were USA made,

neutral

Maaaybe you should see one in Person...i bet you never came across a single one.

And maybe you should show some respect to the knowledge and effort of some people too...than jumping in thread and saying non-sense...no offense

Many of those single frames used to retail the same or even more than the best of S&M had to offer back in the day (and other high-end bmx frames)....but people were too blind to see.
It lasted longer than my friends Next Generation DB..and dropouts are still straight.

I've seen several actually, reluctantly, granted,

Maybe you should show some respect for someone elses knowledge too?
Instead of getting all pissy and defensive,

I thought t was common knowledge that these HARO's were ALL made in either Taiwan or China,
The grey one even says "made in China" on the box!!

seriously..this is your idea of "proof" .. are you really this stupid or is this another post like the one where you brag about beating your girlfriend ? lol lol  . did it occur to you, just possibly, that the box was just something I set the frame on to take the pic ? does it look like a Haro Box to you ? do you see anything on the box to indicate that that would be an original Haro box ? but of course you knew all that didn't you ? because that's not the point, the point is that you got bored and wanted to come find a new audience to show off in front of. go be "controversial" somewhere else.

I know you don't want my advice, but I didn't ask for you come shit up my thread either but I got it, so here go's.  you come off as desperate for attention. the way you go around the site trying to start trouble on threads and running your mouth doesn't make anyone think your anything other than a pathetic internet forum troll. Its just the way you come off. and you can go ahead and post some stupid ass reply to this, you will because your not capable of stopping yourself. It's a shame to, because I have actually seen a few post's from you that indicate you at least are pretty knowledgeable about the subjects you choose to actually contribute to. But you would rather just try to derail threads. it truly is pathetic.

Last edited by HaroSickness (2014-02-21 6:44am)

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING STUFF - ** MADE IN U.S.A. MIRRA AND BACKTRAIL/NYQUIST PRO FRAMES, AS WELL AS MADE IN U.S.A. STAMPED MIDSCHOOL HARO PARTS** ALSO, interested in Mirra pro/S351/Y2K completes & framesets & other mid-school Haro stuff including - chrome fusion cranks, OS1 & OS2 cranks, Hevron stems, Made in U.S.A. big & smallblock stems, Big Block pedals, Mega Hubs W/female axles, Mirra seats, White wall Haro tires - any midschool haro stuff from around 95-2005 , especially Mirra and backtrail/nyquist pro stuff
Wanted thread - http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 5#p4478355
check out our midschool Haro thread - http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 17&p=1

#58 2014-02-21 8:26pm

van454
Intermediate
Bikes: 2

I would love a usa mirra to go with my taiwan one and my blammo, but not much chance of getting one at a reasonable price

Mid school crash-test dummy

#59 2014-02-21 8:49pm

JTRacing
Pro Member
Bikes: 20
For Sale: 5

Here is a couple of adds from a Aug 1999 BMX Plus. Clearly made in the USA
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee434/JohnTigger2010/Scan0014_zpsd3478174.jpg
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee434/JohnTigger2010/Scan0012_zps95e2a358.jpg

#60 2014-02-21 9:39pm

van454
Intermediate
Bikes: 2

those pics give me a husband bulge

Mid school crash-test dummy

#61 2014-02-21 11:49pm

billyhandyjunior
Every day is a gift!

The Olde English font is killer.

van454

those pics give me a husband bulge

LOF'ingL

#62 2014-02-22 4:51am

highspd
Expert

In the Mirra ad above, is Dave riding Primo Tenderizer Pedals? They dont look like Big Blocks?

Mid School Maniac!

#63 2014-02-22 2:03pm

insertcoin
Pro Member
For Sale: 16

Hello there!

I have the Nyquist pro that was ridden by Ryan Nyquist in the 2001 Gravity games winning him a Gold in the dirt competition and then he rode it in the X-games winning a silver. The bike was donated to Make a wish and a fellow pro rider made a sizeable donation to get the bike. I purchased it from him pretty much as you see it below as well as Ryans jersey from the same event and I also have the wheels. I have added the bars and the seat. I have a few parts that may not be correct but I want to get it rideable and will swap out the correct parts. If anyone has something I can use to get it correct let me know.

I have been in touch with Ryan and he has offered to help in the restoration. If you want to call it that. it has plenty of proof of it's life on the circuit. I also have a letter with photos from Ryan's agent as well as MAW to prove its the real deal. It is serial no. H01035http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h418/fatherbuick/20140222_132611.jpg

Last edited by insertcoin (2014-02-22 3:01pm)

Life's short. Don't waste my time!

Will not deal with RB3, Elmon, Wabmx1

#64 2014-02-22 2:16pm

jopac
Expert
Bikes: 9

that's awesome Insertcoin! I was talking to Nyquist the other days about stuff and he really doesn't have much of anything from back in the day. hes looking into redoing one but he has to research what he rode back in the day. when I get a chance I gotta goto my storage and send him some pics of stuff. ive got some backtrail x16 that Ill probably hook him up with for his sons

#65 2014-02-22 2:17pm

JTRacing
Pro Member
Bikes: 20
For Sale: 5

There you have it a USA made frame with history, Does not get any better! Congrads.cool

#66 2014-02-22 3:17pm

hoffmanfan
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

Here it is smile

The video quality is poor though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPNM9lhhR2g

#67 2014-02-22 5:15pm

billyhandyjunior
Every day is a gift!

van454 wrote:

I would love a usa mirra to go with my taiwan one and my blammo, but not much chance of getting one at a reasonable price

Haro Sickness has a SICK 2000 Mirra Pro for sale for a great price in the for sale section.......

#68 2014-02-22 5:18pm

billyhandyjunior
Every day is a gift!

insertcoin wrote:

Hello there!

I have the Nyquist pro that was ridden by Ryan Nyquist in the 2001 Gravity games winning him a Gold in the dirt competition and then he rode it in the X-games winning a silver. The bike was donated to Make a wish and a fellow pro rider made a sizeable donation to get the bike. I purchased it from him pretty much as you see it below as well as Ryans jersey from the same event and I also have the wheels. I have added the bars and the seat. I have a few parts that may not be correct but I want to get it rideable and will swap out the correct parts. If anyone has something I can use to get it correct let me know.

I have been in touch with Ryan and he has offered to help in the restoration. If you want to call it that. it has plenty of proof of it's life on the circuit. I also have a letter with photos from Ryan's agent as well as MAW to prove its the real deal. It is serial no. H01035http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h41 … 132611.jpg

SICK!!!!!!!!

jopac

that's awesome Insertcoin! I was talking to Nyquist the other days about stuff and he really doesn't have much of anything from back in the day. hes looking into redoing one but he has to research what he rode back in the day. when I get a chance I gotta goto my storage and send him some pics of stuff. ive got some backtrail x16 that Ill probably hook him up with for his sons

I like how he didn't know what he rode back in the day. He only cared about riding.....not the gear. Too cool.

#69 2014-02-22 5:52pm

insertcoin
Pro Member

hoffmanfan wrote:

Here it is smile

The video quality is poor though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPNM9lhhR2g

Yep. That's my bike.

#70 2014-02-22 6:20pm

hoffmanfan
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

The 2001 BMX Plus mags would probably be a good place to find more pics.

#71 2014-02-22 7:00pm

jopac
Expert
Bikes: 9

i tripped out too that he told me that. im surprised that he really didn't keep the stuff. he still has all the shirts and stuff. makes me wonder if Mirra still has his old stuff.

#72 2014-02-22 7:04pm

darkersomeday
Expert
Bikes: 12

highspd wrote:

In the Mirra ad above, is Dave riding Primo Tenderizer Pedals? They dont look like Big Blocks?

It was common for both Mirra and Nyquist to regularly run other companies products with Haro stickers on as Haro products were so bad at the time,

WANTED,
T1 PROGRESSION
Spooky Brown-hornet,Spooky Underdog,Spooky Suspect-device

#73 2014-02-22 7:04pm

darkersomeday
Expert
Bikes: 12

insertcoin wrote:

Hello there!

I have been in touch with Ryan and he has offered to help in the restoration. If you want to call it that. it has plenty of proof of it's life on the circuit. I also have a letter with photos from Ryan's agent as well as MAW to prove its the real deal. It is serial no. H01035http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h41 … 132611.jpg

Thats lovely, really nice find there….smile

WANTED,
T1 PROGRESSION
Spooky Brown-hornet,Spooky Underdog,Spooky Suspect-device

#74 2014-02-22 7:07pm

billyhandyjunior
Every day is a gift!

darkersomeday wrote:

highspd wrote:

It was common for both Mirra and Nyquist to regularly run other companies products with Haro stickers on as Haro products were so bad at the time,

I know that Ryan ran Odyssey forks.

I didn't know that Haro products were so bad at the time.

#75 2014-02-22 7:08pm

insertcoin
Pro Member

darkersomeday wrote:

highspd wrote:

That reminds me. There is a split decal on the bottom of my bike. Probably there for the vert. Camera!

Board footer

View Cart →