Ship Smarter, Cheaper, & Easier  RSS Feed

#1 2015-03-04 8:43pm

jkraig
Pro MemberLive Love Sleep BMX
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 12

Ship Smarter, Cheaper, & Easier

Ship Smarter, Cheaper, & Easier

I thought I would put this together as I see so many people waste so much money on shipping. I have been shipping parts for many years now, and I find that USPS Priority shipping is to be the fastest and most reliable. Out of the thousands of packages I have shipped, not a single package has yet to be lost (knock on wood).

First of all, if you print your postage through PayPal, your postage is already 10% cheaper than going to the post office, and you don't have to stand in any lines.

Second, all of the items you need for shipping are free and will be sent right to your home. Just order them right here: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/sub … ority-mail

Third, your packages can be picked up at your house if your don't want to drop them off at the post office.

I see so many packages come to me where someone sends it parcel select which they think is the cheapest route.  I look at it and laugh. It took probably twice as long to get to me, and cost them $3.00-4.00 more than sending it in a priority flat rate box.

Small Flat Rate Box - Stems, Pedals, Bottom Brackets, Headsets, Seat clamps, Brakes, etc..

Padded Flat Rate Envelope - Cranksets, pad sets, etc..

Flat Rate Envelope - Chainrings, square number plates, etc..

Two Medium Boxes End to End - Up to Pro size Handlebars (do not use flat rate boxes)

Keep in mind this can help with international sales. When using the bubble envelopes for Cranksets just make sure to use cardboard and bubble wrap to make sure everything is protected. I bubble wrap each piece individually.

I hope this will help out - Jason

Wanted: OURY grip jersey patch

****  Friends don't let friends ride Moosegoose's ****

#2 2015-03-04 8:47pm

saskbmx
BMXer 4 Life

Re: Ship Smarter, Cheaper, & Easier

smile thanks.

#3 2015-03-04 8:48pm

James Vigil
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

cool info and I only use USPS as well

Last edited by James Vigil (2015-03-04 8:53pm)

A pile of shit has a thousand eyes.

#4 2015-03-04 8:51pm

celtic
Pro MemberBig Prick Mark
Bikes: 5

Is that stu in your avatar? Heard he just won a few races lately. smile

The movie IDIOCRACY is slowly becoming real in this country.....

#5 2015-03-04 10:30pm

johnu773
Pro MemberFlatland Dominator
Bikes: 6

Thats great if you're not in chicago. Just in the past 7 weeks they have now lost or delayed 4 out of 5 packages. i have had over a dozen lost outbound and about 12-15 (before these) lost inbbound in the past 7yrs. granted, i've shipped & received over 150-200 packages easy through them, but 24-30 parcels lost is just too much. i have shipped just as many through ups & fedex and had a total of ONE item lost via fedex and ONE item "temporarily" lost from ups. I'm sorry but USPS is NOT an option for me.

Here's proof of the current one. Shipped on Monday from Kansas to Chicago via Priority 2 day. No snow or storms, was due wednesday, still somewhere btwn kansas and here. 2 in a row from 1 state away before this (iowa to illinois) both took over a week to find their way here.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt161/johnu773/C3B16C7C-BE28-4992-A697-142745805180_zpseiecws29.png

Last edited by johnu773 (2015-03-04 10:41pm)

Just ride your bike!

#6 2015-03-04 10:39pm

renotrailsguy
Expert
Bikes: 1

USPS is hands down by far the cheapest when shipping the smaller items.  I have been using bikeflights for wheels, frame and fork or completes.

I'll trade whatever I'm selling for:
UGP, FOX, PLAY or BASE

#7 2015-03-04 11:21pm

celtic
Pro MemberBig Prick Mark
Bikes: 5

My God man. Its a for sale section. I have bitched, and bitched about making the swap meet easier to post pictures like in the for sale section for computer illiterate assholes like me. big_smile

The movie IDIOCRACY is slowly becoming real in this country.....

#8 2015-03-05 12:05am

jkraig

celtic wrote:

Is that stu in your avatar? Heard he just won a few races lately. smile

Yes it is. He was presenting me my year end award in 1984 in Colorado. big_smile

#9 2015-03-05 2:00am

badmofo
Museum Addict
Bikes: 16
Website

Right on!  I went to send out a set of pedals last week in my own, very small box.  Priority shipping was going to be $11.55 from Maryland to California!  This was a Friday and they said it would be there on Monday!  The Post Office was about to close so I took the box and went home, repacked it in a Small Flat rate box, took it back up on Saturday morning for $5.95 and it still got there on Monday!  I almost just said F'-it but it was a matter of principal and the Post Office is right up the street.  My Grandson's piggy bank can use the $6 I saved more than the USPS!  big_smile

Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Ezekiel 25:17 ~ "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men....."

#10 2015-03-23 3:20pm

jkraig

big_smile

#11 2016-05-05 3:21pm

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T
Bikes: 10

Does anyone know what type of box I need to find to ship out a set of wheels with the tires still attached?  I cannot for the life of me find a box that size....where would you look?

Taylor Allen John Anstrom  .....  Finally found my baby. 1987 Roadmaster Thriller Freestyle!!  Baby blue with white tires and gum sidewalls.  The members of this site made it possible to make my dream come true.

#12 2019-09-25 10:29am

GNC Rick
Pro Member
For Sale: 1

Yes what's best for frame/forks/wheels using USPS ?

#13 2019-09-25 10:40am

dan77
Pro Member

GNC Rick wrote:

Depends on where you are shipping to but lately I've found shipbikes to be the best value. They ship via fedex and bikeflights is now through ups. I use the post office for smaller items.

Looking for a small Yeti made Schwinn Homegrown MTB frame. Or other Yeti made frames. Pair of Spurs tickets to all home games for sale or trade for 80's BMX or nice Odyssey Pitbull brake.
If I owe you feedback let me know.

#14 2019-09-25 11:07am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79

GNC Rick wrote:

TaylorRides wrote:

Does anyone know what type of box I need to find to ship out a set of wheels with the tires still attached?  I cannot for the life of me find a box that size....where would you look?

bike shops throw boxes out . that will work their free!

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#15 2019-10-28 5:53pm

jkraig

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

GNC Rick wrote:

TaylorRides wrote:

bike shops throw boxes out . that will work their free!

Most bike shops around here are selling them now for $5-10.

Board footer

View Cart →