You are not logged in.

HOFFMAN JAY MIRON "PUNISHER". ANYONE KNOW ITS WHERE ABOUTS.  RSS Feed

#1 2015-02-20 6:15pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI
Bikes: 1

HOFFMAN JAY MIRON "PUNISHER". ANYONE KNOW ITS WHERE ABOUTS.

Winters been brutal and so you start ...poking around, exploring BMX history to keep your mind nourished with BMX stuff. I just stumbled apon the story of the Jay Miron prototype this year. I'm mainly the SKYWAY guy here so, just didn't know. But I always look back at my fav riders and all things related to SKYWAY. Hense an interest in HARO/HOFFMAN/SCHWINN etc. I'm curious as hell...anyone know the where about of the PUNISHER prototype and if only one was made? Adam Dawson come on down!. Your the first contestant on "WHERE THE HELL IS THAT BIKE" lol.

Heres my profound, life changing statement.
Lifes a bitch..PASS ME A BEER.

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#2 2015-02-21 2:42pm

adamdawson
Pro MemberHoffman Overlord

Re: HOFFMAN JAY MIRON "PUNISHER". ANYONE KNOW ITS WHERE ABOUTS.

whereabouts are unknown.  i tried contacting jay a few years back about it but he never got back to me.

there was only the one frame. shane welded it up. 
it was actually gonna be a trans purple just like the big daddy that day smith had in 95, but the painter couldnt get it right, color ended up being a mega bright purple, like 80s bright purple and jay REALLY didnt like it so they painted it black.

#3 2015-02-21 2:50pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics

If I remember,I can ask Jay about it if we run into him again on our local museum rides.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing woman beating ugly crater face racist snitch!

#4 2015-02-21 7:20pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

So, I read in one of the pic captions that the bike was a dark blue/black. Is that wrong?

They're reacting and that's wonderful. It's better than them sitting there doing nothing. I say make them react - do whatever's in your power to move the audience, and if that's where it is, and there where it is with America, sex and violence, then I say project it.
ALICE COOPER

#5 2015-02-21 7:59pm

adamdawson
Pro MemberHoffman Overlord

frame is black wink

#6 2016-04-12 3:15pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
Bikes: 16

Anyone have pics of it?

I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

#7 2016-04-12 4:15pm

OG'89
Pro Membersloppy headset
Bikes: 17

43! Ahahahahahaha... 43.

WTB (long-term projects): anything DBI, 97-98 Schwinn SS1, 'Dave Cullinan' Robinson f/f, Homeless Mack SL.

#8 2016-04-12 6:23pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

spyker wrote:

If I remember,I can ask Jay about it if we run into him again on our local museum rides.

Hey did ya ever talk to Jay about the PUNISHER?

ALICE COOPER

#9 2016-04-12 6:43pm

spyker

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

spyker wrote:

Not yet.But word has it that he might make a appearance at the local 3rd annual bmx show.I can ask him then.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing woman beating ugly crater face racist snitch!

#10 2016-04-12 7:00pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

spyker wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

spyker wrote:

Not yet.But word has it that he might make a appearance at the local 3rd annual bmx show.I can ask him then.

Cool. Will u remember?

ALICE COOPER

#11 2016-04-12 7:16pm

spyker

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

spyker wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Cool. Will u remember?

I most likely will unless I drink way too much or smoke above my limit of marijuana.

#12 2016-04-12 7:20pm

OG'89
Pro Membersloppy headset

My guess..

A) if Jay still had / owned the bike when he left Hoffman, it was likely used to make the jigs for the Schwinn Torque Flyte. Which means it is either sitting in a tool-room in a Schwinn shop somewhere...

B) or if it was left at HB when Jay left the team, Mark Owen or Swope might know where it is...

C) or it's in Jay's garage...

43! Ahahahahahaha... 43.

WTB (long-term projects): anything DBI, 97-98 Schwinn SS1, 'Dave Cullinan' Robinson f/f, Homeless Mack SL.

#13 2016-04-12 8:06pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

OG'89 wrote:

My guess..

A) if Jay still had / owned the bike when he left Hoffman, it was likely used to make the jigs for the Schwinn Torque Flyte. Which means it is either sitting in a tool-room in a Schwinn shop somewhere...

B) or if it was left at HB when Jay left the team, Mark Owen or Swope might know where it is...

C) or it's in Jay's garage...

Jay took it when he went to Schwinn. There's lots of pics showing him riding the bike with big down tube Schwinn decals on it.

ALICE COOPER

#14 2016-04-12 8:09pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

And yes, Schwinn copied parts of the PUNISHER frame design. The whole tapered rear top tube where it flattens out is all PUNISHER.

ALICE COOPER

#15 2016-04-12 8:12pm

OG'89
Pro Membersloppy headset

I know.

And do show me pics of the Punisher with Schwinn decals! Never seen them!

43! Ahahahahahaha... 43.

#16 2016-04-12 8:14pm

spyker

Imagine if Jay still has it!

#17 2016-04-12 8:16pm

notapadawan
Pro Member
Bikes: 16

Look up Jay miron on MTV cribs. It shows some of his bikes there. Maybe y'all will see it....lol. I watched on my phone so it's hard to see details

I love building bikes just so I can go scratch them..

If you want to see better pics of anything I have for sale feel free to text me at 903-262-0782

44t Tulsa

#18 2016-04-12 8:59pm

Hamell
Pro MemberForever Licking His Own Seathole

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

And yes, Schwinn copied parts of the PUNISHER frame design. The whole tapered rear top tube where it flattens out is all PUNISHER.

I wouldn't say that Schwinn copied anything. Miron took that top tube design from his Hoffman days all the through to his first MacNeil frame.

#19 2016-04-12 9:21pm

OG'89
Pro Membersloppy headset

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=117195

Hmm. I guess I never realized that the first bike Jay rode for Schwinn (and got a lot of coverage with) was the HB proto, with big red Schwinn stickers.

Bottom of Page 1, adamdawson again with the HB goods and history!!

Last edited by OG'89 (2016-04-12 9:23pm)

43! Ahahahahahaha... 43.

#20 2016-04-12 9:27pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

Hamell wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

I wouldn't say that Schwinn copied anything. Miron took that top tube design from his Hoffman days all the through to his first MacNeil frame.

Sure..but it started with the PUN8SHER. Started when he was at HOFFMAN. If Jay designed it, he had the right. If he "took" it...that's a different story. Jay's one of my favourite riders of all time, but there seems to be more reasons he's called "THE BEAST" LOL. Stories exist of, shall we say, strange, occurrences ?lol.
Still think he's one of BMXS best ever.

ALICE COOPER

#21 2016-04-12 9:37pm

spyker

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Sure..but it started with the PUN8SHER. Started when he was at HOFFMAN. If Jay designed it, he had the right. If he "took" it...that's a different story. Jay's one of my favourite riders of all time, but there seems to be more reasons he's called "THE BEAST" LOL. Stories exist of, shall we say, strange, occurrences ?lol.

From what I was told locally(and this might be just another one of my stories)that Jay's nickname was due to his quick short fused temper.Proof of that was when he got into a fight with team mate Dave Mirra when he was on Haro.

Since you're a big fan of Jay's,you can now purchase custom funiture he makes.

#22 2016-04-12 9:40pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

spyker wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

From what I was told locally(and this might be just another one of my stories)that Jay's nickname was due to his quick short fused temper.Proof of that was when he got into a fight with team mate Dave Mirra when he was on Haro.

Really, that's cool. I appreciate all forms of craftsmanship. Is that true?

ALICE COOPER

#23 2016-04-12 9:42pm

STREETBEATBEAST
Pro MemberSKYWAY SENSAI

spyker wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

That is part of what I was refering to lol. We BEASTs roll like Dat lol

Last edited by STREETBEATBEAST (2016-04-12 9:42pm)

ALICE COOPER

#24 2016-04-12 9:48pm

spyker

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

spyker wrote:

STREETBEATBEAST wrote:

Really, that's cool. I appreciate all forms of craftsmanship. Is that true?

True as in makes furniture now? Yes he does.His shop is located within a 10 minute drive from where I'm at.

#25 2016-04-12 9:53pm

spyker

I found some of the written contents to be pretty funny.

http://xgames.espn.go.com/article/91042 … -instagram

Board footer

View Cart →