You are not logged in.

SuperTrack Phoenixville PA (NBL/ABA)  RSS Feed

#26 2014-12-18 11:49am

relegate
Museum Newbie

Re: SuperTrack Phoenixville PA (NBL/ABA)

I'm late to the game on this... I grew up racing in Rhode Island and then moved to PA in 1982 and started racing at the super track when I was 11. I was the same age as Chase Neizer (Digit) but rode Novice class most of my time there (although we did race a few times). My dad became involved in the track for a couple of years and my brother had one of the sweet Superman plates. I was always juggling baseball and BMX and missed that race. We lived about 20 minutes away, and being in my 40's now, it seemed much further then. I only raced the "original" track for a season before it was redone in 1983-84 to include a reverse step jump and a double/water jump on the final straight.

The pictures are awesome! I went on to race MTB and BMX in California after college and still live here today, but not really into the BMX scene anymore (but still in the bike industry).

Thanks for posting! I never knew this was an old golf course, either!

#27 2014-12-18 1:35pm

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 23

I used to go to Phoenixville all the time with a friend who raced. I'd say from 85 to 88. We'd flat in the parking lot in between his races smile (he brought 2 bikes, lol)

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#28 2014-12-18 7:34pm

baron340
Pro Member
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 3

relegate wrote:

I'm late to the game on this... I grew up racing in Rhode Island and then moved to PA in 1982 and started racing at the super track when I was 11. I was the same age as Chase Neizer (Digit) but rode Novice class most of my time there (although we did race a few times). My dad became involved in the track for a couple of years and my brother had one of the sweet Superman plates. I was always juggling baseball and BMX and missed that race. We lived about 20 minutes away, and being in my 40's now, it seemed much further then. I only raced the "original" track for a season before it was redone in 1983-84 to include a reverse step jump and a double/water jump on the final straight.

The pictures are awesome! I went on to race MTB and BMX in California after college and still live here today, but not really into the BMX scene anymore (but still in the bike industry).

Thanks for posting! I never knew this was an old golf course, either!

I didn't even realize the track was remodeled, as I only raced there in 82-83.  I would never have made it over any water jump for sure....  lol

Do not deal with Niagara Cycles, NY. 

Looking for AC 180mm drive side crank arm chrome.

#29 2016-07-17 8:27pm

wilyumzz
Museum Newbie

I also raced at Phoenixville Super Track, Bensalem, Lums Pond, DE, Poplar Neck in Reading, PA and Kutztown, PA Rad Track in the 80's. I'm looking for old pictures from those tracks of that era hoping im in some of them, I lost all of my old pics except for a very few in a flood in 1996.
-Rich

#30 2017-04-16 3:51am

Shadez69
Museum Newbie

I did.. smile

Board footer

View Cart →