You are not logged in.

Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??  RSS Feed

#1676 2019-04-19 1:02pm

80srock
Pro Member
From: SE Michigan
Registered: 2018-06-27
Posts: 252
Bikes: 3

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

chromey wrote:

80srock wrote:

Hello guys.  I have some questions regarding a newer generation master frame.  I'm seeing this chrome master, that looks nothing like anything else on the market.  It's a recent frame too.  What separates this is that is has separate cable guides running all the way underneath each of the top tubes, for one of those odd setups where you never run a splitter for the lower gyro cable; so each cable to directly to each arm of the u-brake caliper.  Also, this u-brake caliper mounts on the under side of the SEATstays not the chain stays (thank god cuz top of chainstay mounted brakes suck)
I cannot figure out what this is.  I've never seen another like it.  I don't have any pics because the guy showed it to me for a minute and that was it.  And I doubt it was a fake cuz this guys knows bikes.  (he's a semi pro if not pro rider)

Sounds legit.
The 2016, 2017, and 2018 Haro Master (Flatland version) frame has the cable guides running along the underside of the top tubes - as well as seat-stay mounted u-brake.

Here's a pic of my 2017 with that same rear-brake setup.
It's a great frame design.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/haro-master … blowup.jpg

THAT'S IT!!  Ok, here's my questions; is that ALL cromo.  And what is the the head tube angle?  Is that a modern (wayyyy to steep) head tube angle or is it original.


Threadless isn't "old school", sorry lol.  Thank you Linn Kastan, Scott Breithaupt, Bob Haro, Eddie Fiola, Martin Aparijo, Kevin Hull, Jose Yanez, Matt Hoffman & the rest for leading the way & keeping the flame lit.  Without you guys we'd have nothing.  (And one more thing; WHATS IT MADE OUT OF?!?! Aluminum? Hi-ten? Cro-mo? Titanium? PUT IT IN THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Offline

 

#1677 2019-04-19 1:21pm

Bandbracing669
Pro Member
From: Central Illinois.
Registered: 2013-10-11
Posts: 1012

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

Here's my Haro . As you can tell there is a big hole in my project.  Damn cranks make my wallet hurt.  I think I'm to the point in this hobby that I'm tired of spending mega money.  Trading is hard to do on the crank set I need for it and a one piece crank just won't cut the mustard.   So it sits and waits. http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/202040/image5cba2f11d7.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/202040/image5cba2f123d.jpg

Last edited by Bandbracing669 (2019-04-19 1:27pm)


80's NUMBER PLATE NUT !!!    IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT HECK YES ITS FOR SALE

Offline

 

#1678 2019-04-19 1:30pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

My new 2017- love it.
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/205774/master25cb7b441d8.jpg


http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/205774/masterside5cba2fc328.jpg

Offline

 

#1679 2019-04-19 1:33pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

Bandbracing669 wrote:

Here's my Haro . As you can tell there is a big hole in my project.  Damn cranks make my wallet hurt.  I think I'm to the point in this hobby that I'm tired of spending mega money.  Trading is hard to do on the crank set I need for it and a one piece crank just won't cut the mustard.   So it sits and waits. http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2f11d7.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2f123d.jpg

It's cool though... Personally I don't have any problem with OPC's.  I actually like em.
I didn't see many bike with three piece cranks BITD.

Offline

 

#1680 2019-04-19 1:56pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 21207
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#1681 2019-04-19 1:59pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 21207
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

crj1968 wrote:

Bandbracing669 wrote:

Here's my Haro . As you can tell there is a big hole in my project.  Damn cranks make my wallet hurt.  I think I'm to the point in this hobby that I'm tired of spending mega money.  Trading is hard to do on the crank set I need for it and a one piece crank just won't cut the mustard.   So it sits and waits. http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2f11d7.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2f123d.jpg

It's cool though... Personally I don't have any problem with OPC's.  I actually like em.
I didn't see many bike with three piece cranks BITD.

+1 a nice set of year correct 1PC can look just as nice.


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#1682 2019-04-19 2:00pm

80srock
Pro Member
From: SE Michigan
Registered: 2018-06-27
Posts: 252
Bikes: 3

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

What are these made of?


Threadless isn't "old school", sorry lol.  Thank you Linn Kastan, Scott Breithaupt, Bob Haro, Eddie Fiola, Martin Aparijo, Kevin Hull, Jose Yanez, Matt Hoffman & the rest for leading the way & keeping the flame lit.  Without you guys we'd have nothing.  (And one more thing; WHATS IT MADE OUT OF?!?! Aluminum? Hi-ten? Cro-mo? Titanium? PUT IT IN THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Offline

 

#1683 2019-04-19 2:11pm

Bandbracing669
Pro Member
From: Central Illinois.
Registered: 2013-10-11
Posts: 1012

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

crj1968 wrote:

Bandbracing669 wrote:

Here's my Haro . As you can tell there is a big hole in my project.  Damn cranks make my wallet hurt.  I think I'm to the point in this hobby that I'm tired of spending mega money.  Trading is hard to do on the crank set I need for it and a one piece crank just won't cut the mustard.   So it sits and waits. http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2f11d7.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2f123d.jpg

It's cool though... Personally I don't have any problem with OPC's.  I actually like em.
I didn't see many bike with three piece cranks BITD.

+1 a nice set of year correct 1PC can look just as nice.

I've already tried the one piece with a nice power disc and chainring . Looked ok but just didn't do it for me .   Just have a vision in my head and hate to settle .


80's NUMBER PLATE NUT !!!    IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT HECK YES ITS FOR SALE

Offline

 

#1684 2019-04-19 2:19pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

Offline

 

#1685 2019-04-19 2:19pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

80srock wrote:

What are these made of?

https://archive.harobikes.com/bmx/2017- … aster-2017

Offline

 

#1686 2019-04-19 2:54pm

80srock
Pro Member
From: SE Michigan
Registered: 2018-06-27
Posts: 252
Bikes: 3

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

crj1968 wrote:

80srock wrote:

What are these made of?

https://archive.harobikes.com/bmx/2017- … aster-2017

Those bikes have their brakes mounted on the top of the chainstays; are they the same bikes?  I can never trust companies because some will make huge changes year to year and not really tell anyone.


Threadless isn't "old school", sorry lol.  Thank you Linn Kastan, Scott Breithaupt, Bob Haro, Eddie Fiola, Martin Aparijo, Kevin Hull, Jose Yanez, Matt Hoffman & the rest for leading the way & keeping the flame lit.  Without you guys we'd have nothing.  (And one more thing; WHATS IT MADE OUT OF?!?! Aluminum? Hi-ten? Cro-mo? Titanium? PUT IT IN THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Offline

 

#1687 2019-04-19 2:58pm

Undercover Poe
Pro Member
From: Southern New England
Registered: 2015-05-03
Posts: 1942
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 4

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/220163/191c13bc-546e-40cb-a767-333089ea5b805cba40d373.jpeg

Offline

 

#1688 2019-04-19 3:02pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

80srock wrote:

crj1968 wrote:

80srock wrote:

What are these made of?

https://archive.harobikes.com/bmx/2017- … aster-2017

Those bikes have their brakes mounted on the top of the chainstays; are they the same bikes?  I can never trust companies because some will make huge changes year to year and not really tell anyone.

The Lineage Team Master has brakes on the chainstays

The Flatland version  frame has mounts under seat stays...so you can run a 25T up front...and it has a couple other differences, head tube angle....

Offline

 

#1689 2019-04-19 3:02pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

Offline

 

#1690 2019-04-19 3:04pm

Raven
ModeratorRetired Action Man
From: Sydney, Australia DownUnder
Registered: 2011-09-10
Posts: 12776
Bikes: 13
Website

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

some nice rides posted today ............coolcool


This Post is .........."CHUCK NORRIS APPROVED"      [img]https://s6.postimg.cc/wsvxd51r5/sticker_220x200_pad_220x200_ffffff_u6.jpg[/img]   "The Quintessential 80,s Action man"

Offline

 

#1691 2019-04-19 7:56pm

80sBmxAddict
Pro Member"IT'S CASUAL"
From: Lincoln Square
Registered: 2011-11-28
Posts: 1715
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 2

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

crj1968 wrote:

80srock wrote:

Those bikes have their brakes mounted on the top of the chainstays; are they the same bikes?  I can never trust companies because some will make huge changes year to year and not really tell anyone.

The Lineage Team Master has brakes on the chainstays

The Flatland version  frame has mounts under seat stays...so you can run a 25T up front...and it has a couple other differences, head tube angle....

So they made 3 versions of the 2018 like yours posted?  I thought it was Vintage and Lineage.  Vintage, just like original geometry and the frame being the same like front and rear dropouts the same as '80's.  And then the Lineage version like your bike in post #1678.  Never knew a "Flatland" version aswell.  Also thought people just called the Lineage version Flatland.


"VISA, MESTERCHARGE...I GOT VISA!"
'The Wild Life'-1984

WANTED... - Black Dia Compe 880 Rear

WANTED... - White Tioga Chainring Bolts - FINALLY FOUND, TOOK 4 YEARS!

Offline

 

#1692 2019-04-19 8:04pm

80sBmxAddict
Pro Member"IT'S CASUAL"
From: Lincoln Square
Registered: 2011-11-28
Posts: 1715
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 2

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

chromey wrote:

80srock wrote:

Hello guys.  I have some questions regarding a newer generation master frame.  I'm seeing this chrome master, that looks nothing like anything else on the market.  It's a recent frame too.  What separates this is that is has separate cable guides running all the way underneath each of the top tubes, for one of those odd setups where you never run a splitter for the lower gyro cable; so each cable to directly to each arm of the u-brake caliper.  Also, this u-brake caliper mounts on the under side of the SEATstays not the chain stays (thank god cuz top of chainstay mounted brakes suck)
I cannot figure out what this is.  I've never seen another like it.  I don't have any pics because the guy showed it to me for a minute and that was it.  And I doubt it was a fake cuz this guys knows bikes.  (he's a semi pro if not pro rider)Hello guys.  I have some questions regarding a newer generation master frame.  I'm seeing this chrome master, that looks nothing like anything else on the market.  It's a recent frame too.  What separates this is that is has separate cable guides

Sounds legit.
The 2016, 2017, and 2018 Haro Master (Flatland version) frame has the cable guides running along the underside of the top tubes - as well as seat-stay mounted u-brake.

Here's a pic of my 2017 with that same rear-brake setup.
It's a great frame design.

https://bmxmuseum.com/image/haro-master … blowup.jpg

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/79740/haro-master-flat_035accdbcc29_blowup5cba8cd442.jpg

Ok, I see now.  Never paid attention to that difference.    So 3 versions...

Last edited by 80sBmxAddict (2019-04-19 8:07pm)


"VISA, MESTERCHARGE...I GOT VISA!"
'The Wild Life'-1984

WANTED... - Black Dia Compe 880 Rear

WANTED... - White Tioga Chainring Bolts - FINALLY FOUND, TOOK 4 YEARS!

Offline

 

#1693 2019-04-19 8:05pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 21207
Bikes: 79
For Sale: 1

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

80sBmxAddict wrote:

crj1968 wrote:

80srock wrote:


Those bikes have their brakes mounted on the top of the chainstays; are they the same bikes?  I can never trust companies because some will make huge changes year to year and not really tell anyone.

The Lineage Team Master has brakes on the chainstays

The Flatland version  frame has mounts under seat stays...so you can run a 25T up front...and it has a couple other differences, head tube angle....

So they made 3 versions of the 2018 like yours posted?  I thought it was Vintage and Lineage.  Vintage, just like original geometry and the frame being the same like front and rear dropouts the same as '80's.  And then the Lineage version like your bike in post #1678.  Never knew a "Flatland" version aswell.  Also thought people just called the Lineage version Flatland.

Haro 1988 Vintage Master Frame and Fork kiit
http://flatlandfuel.com/images/products/detail/8678A368B62440148EEAAA1ECDB9AD93.jpeg

Haro 2017 Flatland Master frame
http://flatlandfuel.com/images/products/detail/2017HaroLineageFlatlandMasterBlackTeal3qtr.jpg
http://flatlandfuel.com/images/products/detail/FLF_2018FlatMaster_promo2.png

Haro 2018 Team Master
http://flatlandfuel.com/images/products/detail/2017HaroLineageMaster_all2.1.jpg


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Offline

 

#1694 2019-04-19 8:13pm

80sBmxAddict
Pro Member"IT'S CASUAL"
From: Lincoln Square
Registered: 2011-11-28
Posts: 1715
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 2

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

cool Fresstyle Freek 
Yeah so 3 versions.  Last pic you posted is Lineage.  Looks like the Flatland version has removeable brake mounts under them seat stays cool

and don't confuse the new guy...

Haro 2018 (1988) Vintage Master Frame and Fork kit
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/79740/haro-master-2018-vintage-set5cba90b40e.jpeg

Last edited by 80sBmxAddict (2019-04-19 8:23pm)


"VISA, MESTERCHARGE...I GOT VISA!"
'The Wild Life'-1984

WANTED... - Black Dia Compe 880 Rear

WANTED... - White Tioga Chainring Bolts - FINALLY FOUND, TOOK 4 YEARS!

Offline

 

#1695 2019-04-19 8:22pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

80sBmxAddict wrote:

cool Fresstyle Freek 
Yeah so 3 versions.  Last pic you posted is Lineage.  Looks like the Flatland version has removeable brake mounts under them seat stays cool

Right !  killer frames. Haro knocked it out of the park IMHO

Offline

 

#1696 2019-04-19 8:23pm

crj1968
Pro MemberSlow Day 4 Me
From: Meridian ID
Registered: 2014-01-14
Posts: 3871
Bikes: 21
For Sale: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

Bandbracing669 wrote:

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

crj1968 wrote:


It's cool though... Personally I don't have any problem with OPC's.  I actually like em.
I didn't see many bike with three piece cranks BITD.

+1 a nice set of year correct 1PC can look just as nice.

I've already tried the one piece with a nice power disc and chainring . Looked ok but just didn't do it for me .   Just have a vision in my head and hate to settle .

I get it...believe me.  LOL

Offline

 

#1697 2019-04-20 7:13am

80srock
Pro Member
From: SE Michigan
Registered: 2018-06-27
Posts: 252
Bikes: 3

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

So 75 degree headtubes it looks like.  Darn.  Thanks guys! smile


Threadless isn't "old school", sorry lol.  Thank you Linn Kastan, Scott Breithaupt, Bob Haro, Eddie Fiola, Martin Aparijo, Kevin Hull, Jose Yanez, Matt Hoffman & the rest for leading the way & keeping the flame lit.  Without you guys we'd have nothing.  (And one more thing; WHATS IT MADE OUT OF?!?! Aluminum? Hi-ten? Cro-mo? Titanium? PUT IT IN THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Offline

 

#1698 2019-05-18 8:20pm

radovr
Pro MemberDamn dem mods
From: Western Australia
Registered: 2013-06-17
Posts: 4106
Bikes: 6

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

Just thought I'd put my 24 master in here

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/174800/screenshot_2019-05-18-16-50-005ce0cb6ec5.png


I have nothing profound to say other than   , go forth and multiple  .

Offline

 

#1699 2019-05-19 11:48am

eightyfivegt
Pro Member
From: Longwood, FL
Registered: 2009-03-10
Posts: 3737
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

80srock wrote:

So 75 degree headtubes it looks like.  Darn.  Thanks guys! smile

The new school 19” & 19.5” top tube Master frames with the longer dropouts and seatstay brakes have a 74.5 degree headtube angle except for the 2018 Turquoise “Yull” version. That one has a steeper 75 degree headtube, a steeper 72 degree seat tube, shorter chainstains and smaller Lineage dropouts. Most noticeable is it’s lower standover. It has the most modern flatland geometry out all the other versions.

Last edited by eightyfivegt (2019-05-19 11:51am)


Wanted: one copy of the last issue of BMX plus magazine!
Escaped from Detroit...and lived to tell about it!
Black Widows Central Florida Faction Ambassador

Offline

 

#1700 2019-07-05 10:35am

starfield
Pro Member
From: new hampshaa
Registered: 2010-05-17
Posts: 290
Bikes: 5

Re: Haro Master Thread!!! Let's see em??

1986 master survivor.

http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/43487/img_08635d1f8a27b9.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/43487/img_08625d1f8a2508.jpg
http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/43487/img_08615d1f8a30b1.jpg

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →