You are not logged in.

Mongoose Serial Number Info  RSS Feed

#1326 2020-05-06 9:16pm

bobweirisajedi
Pro Member
From: Berlin, MD
Registered: 2012-01-18
Posts: 15
Website

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

I can't figure this one out. Serial number start with two letters and I can't find any references for that. Any help would be super appreciated.

[img]Mongoose ID help https://imgur.com/gallery/wUD4P80[/img]


I like bikes

Offline

 

#1327 2020-05-18 3:26pm

GTiGOOSE
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-05-18
Posts: 5

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Hey everyone!

So I've been reading up on my Mongoose. And just getting confused.

Serial number: C3000099.

From what I've researched, its March 1983 99th built. Whats confusing me is the the frame doesn't have the hoop at the dropouts. It looks like the earlier 80s before the hoop. The brake bridge is a single hole as well.

Any help appreciated. I'll try and get pictures up.

Thanks.

Offline

 

#1328 2020-05-18 3:33pm

GTiGOOSE
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-05-18
Posts: 5

Offline

 

#1329 2020-05-18 3:39pm

Kai
Pro Member"1982"
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2006-11-08
Posts: 8629
Bikes: 26

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

It's the last year for the regular,gusseted  mongoose frame.


The Mongoo$e rides

Offline

 

#1330 2020-05-18 4:00pm

GTiGOOSE
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-05-18
Posts: 5

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Kai wrote:

It's the last year for the regular,gusseted  mongoose frame.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply! It has the original stickers on it. And from my research on that, its an expert. Now I can start rebuilding! Thanks again!

Offline

 

#1331 2020-05-18 4:26pm

Kai
Pro Member"1982"
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2006-11-08
Posts: 8629
Bikes: 26

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

GTiGOOSE wrote:

Kai wrote:

It's the last year for the regular,gusseted  mongoose frame.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply! It has the original stickers on it. And from my research on that, its an expert. Now I can start rebuilding! Thanks again!

That doesn't make sense. Got a pic of the whole frame?


The Mongoo$e rides

Offline

 

#1332 2020-05-18 5:13pm

GTiGOOSE
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-05-18
Posts: 5

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Kai wrote:

GTiGOOSE wrote:

Kai wrote:

It's the last year for the regular,gusseted  mongoose frame.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply! It has the original stickers on it. And from my research on that, its an expert. Now I can start rebuilding! Thanks again!

That doesn't make sense. Got a pic of the whole frame?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kFdbTgFuhXeCLuco9
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP9X_hembimeHqbrQDlcX6XeIt6k7-__PD5wGRcU56DZH3QjZN3oMRJlRRGHsj-Jg/photo/AF1QipN_kWtGRuQbCV_qpQMxRr0f_2Jjz8EAFZpbXX8U?key=WDZWUTVqQktHVzNaaTlFaVJqRHRDaDNRZ01vLWN3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/t4rpMTyPseg5guuo8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tYKQoK9dUixQLhy98

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2dei6tt4gWdSxQHG9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q9NYCgZWdwiGRYuS7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/43L8Kx7nUWFzv5xF8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JxwgP7bQw4sR2cRdA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4r9cRpB8mMMBAh4M6

Offline

 

#1333 2020-05-18 5:21pm

Kai
Pro Member"1982"
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2006-11-08
Posts: 8629
Bikes: 26

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

It's a regular mongoose. A Californian or Expert,is a looptail,no gusset. You can call it a California Special,though. That was a model made with this frame. I have seen these late frames with the decals that yours have,before. I believe those are original for it.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/3032/screenshot_20200518-1817105ec3262fa2.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/3032/screenshot_20200417-0204155ec32644a8.png
These are California Specials

Last edited by Kai (2020-05-18 5:31pm)


The Mongoo$e rides

Offline

 

#1334 2020-05-18 5:35pm

GTiGOOSE
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-05-18
Posts: 5

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Kai wrote:

It's a regular mongoose. A Californian or Expert,is a looptail,no gusset. You can call it a California Special,though. That was a model made with this frame. I have seen these late frames with the decals that yours have,before. I believe those are original for it.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 262fa2.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2644a8.png
These are California Specials

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me identify my bike! Thank you so much. Im still gonna rebuild it. Now I definitely know how to do it correctly. Thanks again!

Offline

 

#1335 2020-05-18 5:47pm

Kai
Pro Member"1982"
From: Colorado Springs, CO
Registered: 2006-11-08
Posts: 8629
Bikes: 26

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

GTiGOOSE wrote:

Kai wrote:

It's a regular mongoose. A Californian or Expert,is a looptail,no gusset. You can call it a California Special,though. That was a model made with this frame. I have seen these late frames with the decals that yours have,before. I believe those are original for it.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 262fa2.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2644a8.png
These are California Specials

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me identify my bike! Thank you so much. Im still gonna rebuild it. Now I definitely know how to do it correctly. Thanks again!

No problem. I'm a bit jealous.lol. my latest mongoose frame is November,'82. Always wanted an '83.cool


The Mongoo$e rides

Offline

 

#1336 2020-06-03 5:37am

aussiegoose 1
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-05-20
Posts: 1

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

hi have two mongoose frames id numbers are m7ce01498 m7ceo1099 any help to determine year and model

Offline

 

#1337 2020-06-03 7:09am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 41067
Bikes: 41
Website

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

aussiegoose 1 wrote:

hi have two mongoose frames id numbers are m7ce01498 m7ceo1099 any help to determine year and model

Both 1987, both could be Expert’s...


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

Online

 

#1338 2020-06-15 9:28pm

GTM1
Centurion Member
From: So Cal
Registered: 2009-08-15
Posts: 212

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Some help, here is my serial: M5CG7831
Thanks in advance


[img]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt118/GTBMXRACING/_vdc.gif[/img]

Offline

 

#1339 2020-06-15 9:57pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 41067
Bikes: 41
Website

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

GTM1 wrote:

Some help, here is my serial: M5CG7831
Thanks in advance

1985 Californian...


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

Online

 

#1340 2020-06-16 5:22pm

BKMADNESS
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-06-16
Posts: 4
Bikes: 1

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Working on pictures if needed.

BC1E010145

Even a year would be a nice starter...

Looks similar to a 2001 supergoose.

Offline

 

#1341 2020-06-16 7:43pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
From: Lebanon Oregon
Registered: 2007-07-02
Posts: 41067
Bikes: 41
Website

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

BKMADNESS wrote:

Working on pictures if needed.

BC1E010145

Even a year would be a nice starter...

Looks similar to a 2001 supergoose.

May of 2001...


hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

Online

 

#1342 2020-06-17 10:06am

BKMADNESS
Museum Newbie
Registered: 2020-06-16
Posts: 4
Bikes: 1

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Thanks Hobbes.

Anything more based on pictures?

Bottom tube has an odd squarish shape not cylinder...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/6990/0f6b97b1-468d-44b9-a0d9-2e3cafebff485eea67637e.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/6990/8634f1c3-f6a3-4ddc-98d0-fedfb6b0676c5eea676540.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/6990/6ee1caa2-7f84-4d8d-a41b-2a17ea9d57f25eea676650.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/6990/d2c451ef-4f2f-4937-8b69-d520ec1d39a85eea6763c7.jpeg

Offline

 

#1343 2020-06-29 6:32am

cweklund
Museum Newbie
From: spokane, wa
Registered: 2019-09-07
Posts: 14

Re: Mongoose Serial Number Info

Hey thanks everybody for all your expertise!!!

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →