Thinking about selling it all  RSS Feed

#51 2014-09-10 8:09pm

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 13

Re: Thinking about selling it all

Kurt_Rad wrote:

I love the hunt the most anyway. Having the bikes doesn't really matter to me as at some point they just end up sitting.

yea. i like the hunt but i also like the tearing down and fixing/refreshing/restoring what i can and then hunting the parts needed to bring it back.
not carpet queen back with new chrome and custom powder but back to life using the best parts that matched the condition of most of the other parts.

kinda like i did with the cars and trucks before.

im lucky and i sold my step-side years ago so i had an empty garage... that has filled up and has turned into a full fledged bike shop now it seems.

but now im older and all the kids are gone and im wanting to start on my holy grail car project.... a barracuda convertible smile (A body, not E body)

i dont 'need' to sell and im not sick of biking or bmx at all. im just wanting to change gears and move the bikes to the side for a few years.
i need to find a person who wants to purchase a large collection of killer old school bikes.... a collector who does NOT like the hunt or the build
process... need to find one who has a big truck and he just wants to buy 25 complete bmx bikes big_smile

Last edited by Draw (2014-09-10 8:11pm)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#52 2014-09-10 8:23pm

Oh Gee
Pro MemberSINGLE SERVING FRIEND
Bikes: 59

tacoman wrote:

R,
Wise guy here told me when he decided to liquidate....he sold one of his most prized items first. ....and the rest was easy.

I too comtemplate selling more often these days than 2 years ago.....but not much movement.  Lol

I have 5 I would keep...mostly.
the rest?  Clock is ticking

I think you're right Theron. I just sold Jason aka Datsbad a PK that i was really looking forward to building. It wasn't too hard. Most of the stuff I have is higher end but IMO I paid less than fair market. I would ideally want somewhere between part out and fair market which tend to be high. I might just have to bite the bullet.

WTB: 175mm, driveside pinchless Redline 401 arm

#53 2014-09-10 10:41pm

farmboy
Pro Memberzen aspirationalist
Bikes: 15

Such angst. Perhaps you should just sell a few bikes and but a really cherry AMC Pacer. Porsches are so cliché anyway. There. Done.

Self Appointed Assistant Associate Treasurer of the 44t Fan Booster Club, Western Division.

Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches. On and on, 'til the break of dawn.

#54 2014-09-11 9:32am

halsencrew
Pro Member
Bikes: 29

if i could sell all my bikes and get me a sweet car i would but my bikes wouldnt fetch enough to do it so i keep em

Im loving the neon ,flourescent colors on these newschool bikes and Its makin me like the newschool rides more

#55 2014-09-11 11:00am

tacoman
Pro Member
Bikes: 8

five wrote:

Been there and did it.  I'm keeping 1 OS complete, and a couple frames for my man cave.  No regrets, and a shit load of money in my pocket to diversify my hobbies.  Bought a guitar, took a vacation, bought a new mountain bike, and a few other things.  I love collecting stuff, but it's a burden, and it feels great to lighten the load!  Just do it.

shoulda jumped on one of them haro's you sold!!  lol

#56 2014-09-11 11:03am

tacoman
Pro Member

ridingdirty42 wrote:

tacoman wrote:

R,
Wise guy here told me when he decided to liquidate....he sold one of his most prized items first. ....and the rest was easy.

I too comtemplate selling more often these days than 2 years ago.....but not much movement.  Lol

I have 5 I would keep...mostly.
the rest?  Clock is ticking

I think you're right Theron. I just sold Jason aka Datsbad a PK that i was really looking forward to building. It wasn't too hard. Most of the stuff I have is higher end but IMO I paid less than fair market. I would ideally want somewhere between part out and fair market which tend to be high. I might just have to bite the bullet.

Well....I can say I have helped you to an extent.   

Folks.. Ryan packs his bikes up well.   

wink

#57 2014-09-11 12:32pm

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 19

ridingdirty42 wrote:

Fulthrotle73 wrote:

Dont think, just do it.

But how? No reserve eBay? I don't have time to list everything and babysit my thread, relist what doesn't sell and whatnot.

it's a pain in the ass to sell them.  I sold 2 awhile back and I couldn't even Imagine selling 15!!!  yikes

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#58 2014-09-11 1:26pm

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Bikes: 4

Draw wrote:

SKYWAYNE1026 wrote:

ridingdirty42 wrote:

But how? No reserve eBay? I don't have time to list everything and babysit my thread, relist what doesn't sell and whatnot.

I would say no reserve on ebay is the way to go to get the most money out of it by letting the market & demand decide the value but you have to part everything out as most people don't buy completes never mind that many of them plus more unless it is a steal of a price so you have to decide what's more important the money for the car or getting rid of it all at once????

would you think 'correct' completes would do better ?
i got dozens of bikes and i would not want to part
the several survivors and correct rebuilds out.

i also have a huge collection and have been tossing around letting it all go.
(not to get out of it but to just keep my redlines).

You'll never get the coin out of completes-nobody has the coin to buy them nor wants to.  I had one of my Profiles up that I bought as a survivor-it LOOKED LIKE new.  I tried a few times giving a $700-800 discount for the complete.  I had to part it out-so I kept some parts for the collection and almost doubled my initial investment.  If you want MAX return you have to part the bikes with a few exceptions and most times believe it or not you have to unlaced wheelsets that have better than average parts-IE.SON LITES etc.  Don't say you will NEVER part out-those tools will come out if a situation arises or you change the way you look at your collection.  I have been collecting since I was 20 and now am 44-all sorts of things.  When you decide to let stuff go-it's usually the items you will get the best return on.  I sold 11 items and I paid off a 50K truck 2 1/2 years early.  I took some of the coin and got back into hobbies I just enjoy more that I put on the back burner...take it from me YOU never know if you'd sell or not until that time comes.

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

If you are OK with your actions why the concerted effort to hide what happened?

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#59 2014-09-11 1:47pm

tacoman
Pro Member

JS-44SDS wrote:

Draw wrote:

SKYWAYNE1026 wrote:

I would say no reserve on ebay is the way to go to get the most money out of it by letting the market & demand decide the value but you have to part everything out as most people don't buy completes never mind that many of them plus more unless it is a steal of a price so you have to decide what's more important the money for the car or getting rid of it all at once????

You'll never get the coin out of completes-nobody has the coin to buy them nor wants to.  I had one of my Profiles up that I bought as a survivor-it LOOKED LIKE new.  I tried a few times giving a $700-800 discount for the complete.  I had to part it out-so I kept some parts for the collection and almost doubled my initial investment.  If you want MAX return you have to part the bikes with a few exceptions and most times believe it or not you have to unlaced wheelsets that have better than average parts-IE.SON LITES etc.  Don't say you will NEVER part out-those tools will come out if a situation arises or you change the way you look at your collection.  I have been collecting since I was 20 and now am 44-all sorts of things.  When you decide to let stuff go-it's usually the items you will get the best return on.  I sold 11 items and I paid off a 50K truck 2 1/2 years early.  I took some of the coin and got back into hobbies I just enjoy more that I put on the back burner...take it from me YOU never knohttp://bmxmuseum.com/forums/post.php?tid=607239w if you'd sell or not until that time comes.

Scott is wheeling around NJ/NYC area in a Ford F250 King Ranch edition...   lol

But...his words are true.   Hard to sell completes.

Last edited by tacoman (2014-09-11 1:48pm)

#60 2014-09-11 2:11pm

JS-44SDS

tacoman wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

Draw wrote:

You'll never get the coin out of completes-nobody has the coin to buy them nor wants to.  I had one of my Profiles up that I bought as a survivor-it LOOKED LIKE new.  I tried a few times giving a $700-800 discount for the complete.  I had to part it out-so I kept some parts for the collection and almost doubled my initial investment.  If you want MAX return you have to part the bikes with a few exceptions and most times believe it or not you have to unlaced wheelsets that have better than average parts-IE.SON LITES etc.  Don't say you will NEVER part out-those tools will come out if a situation arises or you change the way you look at your collection.  I have been collecting since I was 20 and now am 44-all sorts of things.  When you decide to let stuff go-it's usually the items you will get the best return on.  I sold 11 items and I paid off a 50K truck 2 1/2 years early.  I took some of the coin and got back into hobbies I just enjoy more that I put on the back burner...take it from me YOU never knohttp://bmxmuseum.com/forums/post.php?tid=607239w if you'd sell or not until that time comes.

Sorry Theron it's a Sliverado LTZ 2500hd crew cab oil burner.  wink

LOL Pathetic is having to get a new account because you are afraid of your wife...  Your turn kitten balls ????

Don't screw over those you tell your secrets...its not talkin shit if it's TRUE.

#61 2014-09-11 2:31pm

00_Duck
Pro Member
Bikes: 13
Website

The way you sell 15 is to go to your local bike swap meet if there are any near you or within a reasonable amount of drive time. Or CL them all at once. Or do what I did a few years back. Have a BMX only garage sale one weekend advertise it on CL. I was surprised at how many showed up at my house. I sold a lot of stuff met some local collectors and new people to do trades with.

Good luck!

I often have thoughts of selling it all then I get to tinkering with one or two or start riding them more and I get the bug all over again.

I get this question often so here it is to save everyone time. I do not have any Mongoose DMC decals left. I was lucky enough to find a small bunch of NOS decal sets in an old bike shop that no longer exists and I have since sold them all. Sorry. I wish you all the best of luck with your DMC builds.

#62 2014-09-11 2:58pm

tacoman
Pro Member

JS-44SDS wrote:

tacoman wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

W custom lift and Mickey's!!!

#63 2014-09-11 3:51pm

VWporschegt3
Mr. Cheap A$$

farmboy wrote:

Such angst. Perhaps you should just sell a few bikes and but a really cherry AMC Pacer. Porsches are so cliché anyway. There. Done.

Once you've been bitten... your infected for life. Most Porsche/VW fans will say the same. Much like this hobby.

Just trying to complete my STA...

#64 2014-09-11 5:22pm

JS-44SDS

tacoman wrote:

JS-44SDS wrote:

tacoman wrote:

W custom lift and Mickey's!!!

lol you crack me up man.

#65 2014-09-11 5:48pm

AutoXer

I am keeping my couple of bikes, but thinking of selling the 05 STi and 06 S2000.

So long and thanks for all the fish

#66 2014-09-11 5:51pm

rockinar
Pro Member
Bikes: 1

Dibs on the gold Ripper.

#67 2014-09-11 10:37pm

farmboy
Pro Memberzen aspirationalist
Bikes: 15

VWporschegt3 wrote:

farmboy wrote:

Once you've been bitten... your infected for life. Most Porsche/VW fans will say the same. Much like this hobby.

Yeah, I was being facetious. Ducatis are my particular poison, plus, I can park several in the same space a Porsche would occupy. Insane. Also much like this hobby.

Last edited by farmboy (2014-09-11 10:42pm)

Self Appointed Assistant Associate Treasurer of the 44t Fan Booster Club, Western Division.

Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches. On and on, 'til the break of dawn.

#68 2014-09-11 11:06pm

Draw
Pro MemberRev on the Redline
For Sale: 13

JS-44SDS wrote:

your earlier reply to me is true enough but i have actually sold quite a few completes in the past.
and right now ive got a few kuwaharas up (and now long buried) in the swap meet section and
several have shown interest but the price to ship a complete has become prohibitively expensive
so no real takers.

i would really like to have a single sale deeply discounted with local pickup tongue

and i got a 2005 f150 lariat super-crew im fixing to sell as well.
also a 2002 merc, and two 3rd gen preludes and maybe even a 1967 barracuda hmm

im thinking about really selling everything.

and buying a small car and a plane big_smile

Last edited by Draw (2014-09-11 11:11pm)

Light, Strong, Cheap ... Pick two

#69 2014-09-12 4:21am

JS-44SDS

farmboy wrote:

VWporschegt3 wrote:

farmboy wrote:

Yeah, I was being facetious. Ducatis are my particular poison, plus, I can park several in the same space a Porsche would occupy. Insane. Also much like this hobby.

They are beautiful bikes....period.

#70 2014-09-15 2:51pm

djk69
Centurion Member

I am thinking selling my collection also... Not sure what I would do with the cash, I guess buy more bikes.

#71 2014-09-15 2:57pm

Cru Jumper Jones
Museum Addict

To those selling their BMX, contact me if you have a Profile Champ Pro f/f (20"). Serious buyer here. Ty

[Ryan, sorry to hijack your thread bro]

#72 2014-09-18 12:55pm

Oh Gee
Pro MemberSINGLE SERVING FRIEND
Bikes: 59

Cru Jumper Jones wrote:

To those selling their BMX, contact me if you have a Profile Champ Pro f/f (20"). Serious buyer here. Ty

[Ryan, sorry to hijack your thread bro]

Wish I had one for you Chuck

WTB: 175mm, driveside pinchless Redline 401 arm

#73 2014-09-18 1:06pm

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
Bikes: 51
For Sale: 1

Put your bikes on CL. From the prices on there, you could make millions!

#74 2014-09-18 1:21pm

IPD
Pro Member
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 2
Website

The only bikes I see listed from you...are all OS.  Dude, you need to buy just 1 NS bike.  I'll recommend Melton's, because he can do it so it looks OS.  And once you ride that--you'll never look back.  It won't even be like pulling off a band-aid.  More like rubbing off an old itchy scab.  You'll be glad you have 1 good rider bike...and everything else can fund something you really do want.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#75 2014-09-18 2:03pm

oldsklHaro
Pro MemberHARO Hound
Bikes: 33

I did it....sold it all except one f/f and all my soft goods, posters, stickers, patches, ect. I have a TON of small shyt laying around that I just don't have the energy to list and sell

I still lurk around here from time to time and get the itch every once in a while to build but over all I don't miss a thing!!! cool

Board footer

View Cart →