You are not logged in.

have you ever tried to get a life time warranty part warrantied after

#51 2014-06-27 8:14pm

bdwnayrb
s&mjunkie - For Sale Restricted

Re: have you ever tried to get a life time warranty part warrantied after

granted its bad timing to post this and ppl like you will try to jump on that point but i could care less!

wanted!!!! tnt whife beater bars! bombshell f117 and f4  forks 20" or 24"! pmc, technique, supercross, kastan, tnt, afterburner cranks 175-181!, blue sdg slim jim seat! REYNOLD RACING FRAME AND FORK 1 1/8 headset with vbrakes!!!!!!!!!!! and good friends in the bmx community!! so happy to be back into this sport again!!! i missed it so!!!

#52 2014-06-27 8:16pm

bdwnayrb

but i guess a lifetime is 15 years!

wanted!!!! tnt whife beater bars! bombshell f117 and f4  forks 20" or 24"! pmc, technique, supercross, kastan, tnt, afterburner cranks 175-181!, blue sdg slim jim seat! REYNOLD RACING FRAME AND FORK 1 1/8 headset with vbrakes!!!!!!!!!!! and good friends in the bmx community!! so happy to be back into this sport again!!! i missed it so!!!

#53 2014-06-27 8:17pm

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life

I use some Craftsman Tools from the Late 1950's , that were my Grandfather's . Craftsman Tools have a really decent repair / exchange warranty for insuring the lifetime of their tools . I bent a 3/8 Open-Ended Wrench not so long ago . I hardly think I have the right to go and try to have it replaced for free , especially since I wasn't the original owner .

The S&M you bought is really nice , you posted on the S&M Hoarders Thread . But bragging you were going to try and " con " S&M into giving you a new stem or something of equal value , was pretty dumb . Especially since there are not only S&M Dealers on this website , but an S&M Rider that runs his own online BMX Store . I suggest just either replacing the broken part yourself or just use another because carrying on here won't win many people over to you .

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#54 2014-06-27 8:19pm

nickyturbo
Pam Anderson
Bikes: 5

bdwnayrb wrote:

but when some one tells me that if you buy a lifetime warrantied product and it breaks 15 years later you got your moneys worth and your a cheapskate it tends to get me into alittle of an uproar.

You get worked up over a used bike that you have owned for less than two days.  Warranty applies to the original owners lifetime not yours.  Lifetime warranty is not meant to transfer with ownership.  Your reaction to the comments and your posts linked below do make you seem like a "cheapskate".

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=595087

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … &p=868

bdwnayrb wrote:

only bad is the stem cap is broke! hoping i can con s&m into warranting it for me! probley not since its like 15 years old but worth a shot!

Always looking to buy or trade for Horror movies on VHS Betamax or Laserdisc.

Instagram: nicky_turbo

#55 2014-06-27 8:19pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 8
Website

I just spoke from my experience.  I dealt with that for a living so I have spent more time with that issue than most people here. 

I took offense to your comment that I'm more of a company man than a rider.  Yeah, I work in the industry but that doesn't mean I don't ride.

Have you been sponsored by one company or another for 30 years?

Have you been competing since 1985?

Have you designed frames that are considered one of the all time best?

Have you done over a thousand shows including NBA and NFL half time shows?

Have you signed thousands of autographs?

Have you entered pro ramps?

Were you in the Freestylin' book?

Did Dave Mirra credit you as an influence?

Have you been in over a dozen BMX videos?

Have you aired out of the Mega Ramp?

Do you ride flat, street, dirt, vert and race?

Did you go on tour?

I've done all those and more.  This is the first time I have ever spoken of myself on this or any forum.  I'm not bragging, just stating the facts.  When you have done all those things maybe your perspective will be a little different when it comes to BMX.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#56 2014-06-27 8:24pm

bdwnayrb

ok ther bud. so because i disagreed that if you have something for 15 years. and it breaks. you got your moneys worth on a lifetime warrantied item. now aside from my rather poor choice of words earlier you are going to tell me if YOU buy a stem from s&m and have if 15 years and it breaks! and they said you got your moneys worth??

#57 2014-06-27 8:25pm

bdwnayrb

and i understand you experience. you have dealt with 10's of thousand of ppl who have actually tried to do what i implied earlier.

#58 2014-06-27 8:25pm

bdwnayrb

but you took it a step further in saying that original owners who have everything and have a 15 year old item got ther moneys worth

#59 2014-06-27 8:26pm

bdwnayrb

and that is where i have a problem.

#60 2014-06-27 8:28pm

bdwnayrb

if you wanna crucify me for implying i was gonna do something thats cool! that your choice. but i judt dont agree with the one thing he said and its blown up to all this!

#61 2014-06-27 8:29pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

bdwnayrb wrote:

ok ther bud. so because i disagreed that if you have something for 15 years. and it breaks. you got your moneys worth on a lifetime warrantied item. now aside from my rather poor choice of words earlier you are going to tell me if YOU buy a stem from s&m and have if 15 years and it breaks! and they said you got your moneys worth??

Actually, I can't imagine having any bike part for 15 years and having it last that long.  Now, from reading the other posts, it seems you aren't the original owner so it's a moot point at best.  Even if you are the original owner, what exactly is the wording of the warranty when the item was purchased?  I just looked at their website and it's no longer a lifetime warranty.

#62 2014-06-27 8:30pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

bdwnayrb wrote:

but you took it a step further in saying that original owners who have everything and have a 15 year old item got ther moneys worth

And when I was the warranty guy I did cover the part in these incidents.  Problem was new stuff wasn't compatible.  I'd offer a discount on a replacement complete bike for a broken frame or sometimes even fork.

#63 2014-06-27 8:30pm

bdwnayrb

and jesus christ you can be an influence in bob haros point of view 30 years ago and still turn out to be a company man thru and thru. come on dude! your point of very is 15 years is a full lifetime warranty and mine is as long as your alive and own the part it should be replaced. lets just agree to disagree and move on!

#64 2014-06-27 8:32pm

bdwnayrb

then you refund original price or credit original purchase price and go from there! you dont say as implied to me that they are cheapskates and got there moneys worth!

Last edited by bdwnayrb (2014-06-27 8:33pm)

#65 2014-06-27 8:34pm

Roy Munson
Worst PR in BMX
Bikes: 6
Website

Get a franking job

#66 2014-06-27 8:34pm

bdwnayrb

ok thats the proble i had with what you said! i dont have a problem with you. i dont know you.

#67 2014-06-27 8:35pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

Before I was in the bike industry I worked for an insurance company and dealt with a lot of stolen bikes.  The insurance industry figures the lifespan of a bicycle is 10 years so that is how they would figure out a price for an older bike.  They'd take 10% off a year until it got to 50%.  That bothered me as I had some old school bikes back then that would be deemed "worthless".  I also thought about it and realized, yeah, ten years is a reasonable lifetime for a bicycle.  Some will last longer but most won't. 

Are you the original owner of the part that failed and do you have the receipt?  Yes or no?

#68 2014-06-27 8:37pm

bdwnayrb

ok thanks for telling me an issurance companies point of view.

#69 2014-06-27 8:38pm

bdwnayrb

we disagree. thank you for your point of view.

#70 2014-06-27 8:39pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

bdwnayrb wrote:

ok thanks for telling me an issurance companies point of view.

No, that was an allegory that got me thinking about the lifespan of a bicycle.  I thought maybe you would consider it.

Again, are you the original purchaser and do you have the receipt of the item that failed?

#71 2014-06-27 8:44pm

Roy Munson
Worst PR in BMX
Website

bdwnayrb wrote:

you telling me you have warranty cards that are 15 years old?? cause i smell alittle something funny if you do!! there was only one thing i could keep for 15 years and that was my virginity!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have albes receipts from 2001 when I was 13 yrs old.

All of them? No.

#72 2014-06-27 8:44pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

I wasn't arguing, just explaining the company's side as one who worked in the warranty department. 

Then he started insulting my character.

#73 2014-06-27 8:46pm

Roy Munson
Worst PR in BMX
Website

He's a idiot. F**K him

#74 2014-06-27 8:48pm

nickyturbo
Pam Anderson
Bikes: 5

Roy Munson wrote:

He's a cheapskate. F**K him

+1

Always looking to buy or trade for Horror movies on VHS Betamax or Laserdisc.

Instagram: nicky_turbo

#75 2014-06-27 8:50pm

bdwnayrb

yes i did. it was by accident i worded it wrong and im sorry. what i meant to say was you are arguing the company point not the rider. but what made this a disagreement was your statement the 15 years on a lifetime warranty was a persons money worth and they are cheapskates. but you was trying to call me a cheapskate and im not gonna take that!

Last edited by bdwnayrb (2014-06-27 8:51pm)

Board footer