You are not logged in.

have you ever tried to get a life time warranty part warrantied after  RSS Feed

#26 2014-06-27 7:38pm

bdwnayrb
s&mjunkie - For Sale Restricted

Re: have you ever tried to get a life time warranty part warrantied after

and i think i started this post. if you dont like whats being said you dont have to read it!!

wanted!!!! tnt whife beater bars! bombshell f117 and f4  forks 20" or 24"! pmc, technique, supercross, kastan, tnt, afterburner cranks 175-181!, blue sdg slim jim seat! REYNOLD RACING FRAME AND FORK 1 1/8 headset with vbrakes!!!!!!!!!!! and good friends in the bmx community!! so happy to be back into this sport again!!! i missed it so!!!

#27 2014-06-27 7:38pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
Bikes: 2

I'm the voice of reason.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#28 2014-06-27 7:40pm

bdwnayrb

no i just figured out why you think that way. its kinda hard to get any warranties on an 1984 skyway isnt it. and just stating your opinion over and over isnt being the voice of reason.

wanted!!!! tnt whife beater bars! bombshell f117 and f4  forks 20" or 24"! pmc, technique, supercross, kastan, tnt, afterburner cranks 175-181!, blue sdg slim jim seat! REYNOLD RACING FRAME AND FORK 1 1/8 headset with vbrakes!!!!!!!!!!! and good friends in the bmx community!! so happy to be back into this sport again!!! i missed it so!!!

#29 2014-06-27 7:45pm

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

It never fails to amuse me that whenever someone does not get their way or there is always one person that recommends or threatens a lawyer.Ya OK there,since when were lawyers cheap or free.The cost of hiring a lawyer for 1 hour will buy him a brand new frame from s&m.A lawyer would not even consider a childish case like this.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#30 2014-06-27 7:45pm

bdwnayrb

i am getting at he comes from a different era. back then it was fairly common for stuff to brake. my era is in the mid 90's when everything was built like a tank and as heavy as one. take the s&m sabbath for instance. that frame on ever had 1 warranty claim!!! there isnt any bike from that era that can say that.

#31 2014-06-27 7:45pm

LIVE TO RIDE
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 15

Whats the matter with your challenger?

Momma Says "bikes Are The Devil !!"

NEVER TURN DOWN A CHANCE TO LIVE

#32 2014-06-27 7:46pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

bdwnayrb wrote:

i can tell your a company man more than you are a rider! us people that have many bills and are just scraping buy find it alittle harder not to be a cheapskate!

My response was from my experience in the bicycle industry.  If you know anyone in the industry you will understand we aren't making a ton of money either.  When I had that job I followed the company rules.  Don't we all do that for our employers?
As I said, most bicycles have a limited lifetime warranty that covers defects in manufacturing, not wear and tear.  Read the fine print first.

As far as me not being a rider - that just shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

You don't know me so don't judge me.  You can disagree with my professional experience but don't give me crap.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#33 2014-06-27 7:47pm

bdwnayrb

different times and experience.

#34 2014-06-27 7:49pm

bdwnayrb

sorry i didnt bring my crayola's to draw you a diagram. but if you stop and read and think alittle im pretty sure you can figure it out!

#35 2014-06-27 7:49pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
Bikes: 2

bdwnayrb wrote:

no i just figured out why you think that way. its kinda hard to get any warranties on an 1984 skyway isnt it. and just stating your opinion over and over isnt being the voice of reason.

It's not an opinion it's fact.

Do you have a receipt sir? Sorry I can't help you.

Is English your primary language?

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#36 2014-06-27 7:49pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

eric12 wrote:

Well, it's all up to the lawyers decide.

roll douche

Are you calling me a douche?

#37 2014-06-27 7:50pm

bdwnayrb

on that note im done beating a dead horse! thanks and come again!

#38 2014-06-27 7:50pm

bdwnayrb

lol!! now thats funny pwh4130!

#39 2014-06-27 7:57pm

bdwnayrb

whats really funny is your little banner under your post. "ride your bike till it breaks" " so you can be forced to spend even more with my company"!!!! lmao

Last edited by bdwnayrb (2014-06-27 7:59pm)

#40 2014-06-27 7:58pm

bdwnayrb

no soda is pop! get it right

#41 2014-06-27 7:59pm

bdwnayrb

but thats a whole other can of worms. maybe anther post for another day! lol

#42 2014-06-27 8:01pm

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life

So...just curious , is this off the S&M you scored off CL , that you posted in the S&M Hoarders Thread at 8PM tonight ?

bdwnayrb wrote:

only bad is the stem cap is broke! hoping i can con s&m into warranting it for me! probley not since its like 15 years old but worth a shot!

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#43 2014-06-27 8:05pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

bdwnayrb wrote:

whats really funny is your little banner under your post. "ride your bike till it breaks" " so you can be forced to spend even more with my company"!!!! lmao

I put that there regarding people that build amazing bikes and don't ride them.  It has nothing to do with my career. 

I don't know why you feel the need to rough me up.  You have no idea who I am, how I ride or what I do so why do you think you can talk trash on me?  Internet bravado?

#44 2014-06-27 8:06pm

bdwnayrb

lol no it isnt. believe it or not.

#45 2014-06-27 8:07pm

bdwnayrb

i didnt feel the need to your comment made me want to. the whole converstions was intended to see if anyone else has an issue like this before and how it went.

#46 2014-06-27 8:08pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Website

Well then, back up your words.  Why do you think you can trash talk me?

#47 2014-06-27 8:08pm

nickyturbo
Pro MemberPam Anderson
Bikes: 5

WOW!  First you post that you score a bike for a good deal.  Now you start a thread about trying to get a part covered under warranty that is 15+ years old.  You don't have a receipt and your not the original owner/ purchaser of the item.  I don't think any company would cover this under any type of warranty.  Not to mention that you already knew the cap of the stem was broken when you bought it.  Sounds like buyers remorse....

Always looking to buy or trade for Horror movies on VHS Betamax or Laserdisc.

Instagram: nicky_turbo

#48 2014-06-27 8:09pm

bdwnayrb

but when some one tells me that if you buy a lifetime warrantied product and it breaks 15 years later you got your moneys worth and your a cheapskate it tends to get me into alittle of an uproar.

#49 2014-06-27 8:12pm

bdwnayrb

i feel the need to go against your logic. you are on the company side of this disagreement and im on the other! and regaurdless of what i have posted today it has nothing to do with this!!!

#50 2014-06-27 8:13pm

bdwnayrb

you can think it does all you want! you think that this bike i just got today is the only stem i have thats broke? its not possible that i am the original owner of a lifetime warrantied stem that broke??

Board footer

View Cart →