You are not logged in.

have you ever tried to get a life time warranty part warrantied after  RSS Feed

#1 2014-06-27 6:31pm

bdwnayrb
s&mjunkie - For Sale Restricted

have you ever tried to get a life time warranty part warrantied after

15 years?? this is hypothetical but they ask for an original dated receipt? have any of you seen one of those little printed out receipts after 15 years?? there just a white piece of paper!!! lol and whats the point of sending in a card if it doesnt mean anything???

Last edited by bdwnayrb (2014-06-30 1:21am)

wanted!!!! tnt whife beater bars! bombshell f117 and f4  forks 20" or 24"! pmc, technique, supercross, kastan, tnt, afterburner cranks 175-181!, blue sdg slim jim seat! REYNOLD RACING FRAME AND FORK 1 1/8 headset with vbrakes!!!!!!!!!!! and good friends in the bmx community!! so happy to be back into this sport again!!! i missed it so!!!

#2 2014-06-27 6:34pm

bdwnayrb

Re: have you ever tried to get a life time warranty part warrantied after

case in point s&m which i love dont get me wrong!! great if not best products!! but they didnt even keep digital copies of the sticker kits from the late 90's!! you think they have a copy of my warranty card from 1998?? highly doubt it!!!

wanted!!!! tnt whife beater bars! bombshell f117 and f4  forks 20" or 24"! pmc, technique, supercross, kastan, tnt, afterburner cranks 175-181!, blue sdg slim jim seat! REYNOLD RACING FRAME AND FORK 1 1/8 headset with vbrakes!!!!!!!!!!! and good friends in the bmx community!! so happy to be back into this sport again!!! i missed it so!!!

#3 2014-06-27 6:38pm

Roy Munson
Pro MemberWorst PR in BMX
Bikes: 6
Website

That's why YOU keep the other half

#4 2014-06-27 6:42pm

bdwnayrb

you telling me you have warranty cards that are 15 years old?? cause i smell alittle something funny if you do!! there was only one thing i could keep for 15 years and that was my virginity!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 2014-06-27 6:57pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol
Bikes: 2

Always someone else's fault. God bless America.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round......

#6 2014-06-27 7:00pm

gtrobinson
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
Website

the craftsman tool warranty still rules lol

#7 2014-06-27 7:01pm

bdwnayrb

iceman you know what they say about opinions! and i can sure smell your!!

#8 2014-06-27 7:11pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Iceman wrote:

lol Ain't it great.

Being an adult is the dumbest thing I've ever done.

A Redline, the fastest way between two points.

Give A Shift! Save the manual.

Try being smarter than what you are working with.

#9 2014-06-27 7:12pm

gtrobinson
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
Website

Iceman wrote:

lol

#10 2014-06-27 7:14pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

bdwnayrb wrote:

If you're into sniffing man ass, then more power to you. I don't judge.

#11 2014-06-27 7:16pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

I was a warranty guy for a bike company.  People would send in a cracked frame that was 15-25 years old.  I'd always ask for the receipt.  If they had it, I'd cover the warranty.  Problem was the current stock has different technology.  Your 15 year old BMX frame would need a new BB, Headset, fork and possibly brake.  Lifetime warranty is not defined- the lifetime of the consumer or the product.  If you have been riding a BMX bike for 15 years before it fails, you got your money's worth and are kind of a cheapskate.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#12 2014-06-27 7:23pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

pwh4130 wrote:

I was a warranty guy for a bike company.  People would send in a cracked frame that was 15-25 years old.  I'd always ask for the receipt.  If they had it, I'd cover the warranty.  Problem was the current stock has different technology.  Your 15 year old BMX frame would need a new BB, Headset, fork and possibly brake.  Lifetime warranty is not defined- the lifetime of the consumer or the product.  If you have been riding a BMX bike for 15 years before it fails, you got your money's worth and are kind of a cheapskate.

It said lifetime warranty and didn't specify. The company should honor that and not be a cheapskate.

#13 2014-06-27 7:24pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Iceman wrote:

bdwnayrb wrote:

If you're into sniffing man ass, then more power to you. I don't judge.

I have to quote this. Classic. lollollollol

#14 2014-06-27 7:25pm

bdwnayrb

wow that is the kinda thing that should sink a company!!! if you are gonna tell your customers that you stand behind your work for life you better do it!!! dont just say it cause it sounds good!!!! i understand the problems with not having receipts and stuff. if any company i deal with says i got my moneys worth you better believe that the last money they would ever get from me!!! most of us are willing to pay more for quility in the form of a warranty! especially a life time one. and do on a regular basis!!! and usually thats a companys ground for charging more!!! so whos being the cheapskate????

#15 2014-06-27 7:26pm

bdwnayrb

me or the comapny that charged me more for that warranty then doesnt honor it?????

#16 2014-06-27 7:27pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
Bikes: 7
Website

eric12 wrote:

pwh4130 wrote:

It said lifetime warranty and didn't specify. The company should honor that and not be a cheapskate.

Well, it's all up to the lawyers decide.  And always note it's a "limited, lifetime warranty".  People would ride a bike for 25 years and the frame would crack.  Not do to a defect in manufacturing, just wear and tear.

ride your bike until it breaks.

#17 2014-06-27 7:28pm

bdwnayrb

now im not saying s&m is this way! that is just an issue i happened to run into and was trying to see if anyone else had had the same issue.

#18 2014-06-27 7:29pm

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

pwh4130 wrote:

If a company specifies lifetime warranty on their products,it means a lifetime unless otherwise,not "ya you got 15 years out of it so you should be happy".

Nobody buys a $50 Snap-on combination wrench and only expects to get 5 years out of it when clearly it's warranteed for a lifetime.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#19 2014-06-27 7:30pm

bdwnayrb

i can tell your a company man more than you are a rider! us people that have many bills and are just scraping buy find it alittle harder not to be a cheapskate!

#20 2014-06-27 7:32pm

bdwnayrb

besides whats gonna make a company more money in the long run? keeping someone happy who has bought there products over a 15 year span and the first time there was an issue the company takes care of it no questions asked or a company that says you got your moneys worth??

#21 2014-06-27 7:33pm

eric12
Pro MemberNI4NI

Well, it's all up to the lawyers decide.

roll douche

#22 2014-06-27 7:33pm

bdwnayrb

there are plenty of you got your moneys worth companys that dont exist anymore and if the one you work for has that thought process its probley gonna be gone soon also!!!

#23 2014-06-27 7:36pm

bdwnayrb

thats the great thing about this hobby!! its still small enough that if a company does that it gets out pretty quick!!

#24 2014-06-27 7:36pm

Iceman
Pro MemberGrammar Patrol

You guys are switching it around as usual. 

No receipt, no warranty. Stop crying.

#25 2014-06-27 7:37pm

bdwnayrb

so i guess you the lawyer?

Board footer

View Cart →