You are not logged in.

Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)  RSS Feed

#326 2015-06-23 9:00pm

skdevore
Pro MemberIt's Not For Sale, Francis!
From: Claremont, CA
Registered: 2010-04-30
Posts: 4413
Bikes: 37

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

Just don't forget your parts in the vinegar. Left this seatpost in the tub for a few months......oops. 
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/skdevore1/20150623_192428_zpsqxgsveta.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/skdevore1/20150623_192450_zpsiyfjhqrp.jpg


There's no help for this Museum Junkie!

Offline

 

#327 2015-06-26 7:14pm

mxfan69
Pro MemberCalm, Cool, and Collected
From: Russellville, AL
Registered: 2010-02-06
Posts: 4748
Bikes: 11

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

skdevore wrote:

Just don't forget your parts in the vinegar. Left this seatpost in the tub for a few months......oops. 
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm26 … gsveta.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm26 … fjhqrp.jpg

Interesting metallurgy pattern. Is that the new and improved, radial steel belted post tubing I read about?


mmmm........loop tails.......

...and that's all I have to say about that...

Offline

 

#328 2015-11-06 4:49am

bmx4fun
Pro Member
From: BALTIMORE
Registered: 2012-03-08
Posts: 3494

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

sad

Offline

 

#329 2015-11-07 9:16am

skdevore
Pro MemberIt's Not For Sale, Francis!
From: Claremont, CA
Registered: 2010-04-30
Posts: 4413
Bikes: 37

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

mxfan69 wrote:

skdevore wrote:

Just don't forget your parts in the vinegar. Left this seatpost in the tub for a few months......oops. 
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm26 … gsveta.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm26 … fjhqrp.jpg

Interesting metallurgy pattern. Is that the new and improved, radial steel belted post tubing I read about?

Strange, right?


There's no help for this Museum Junkie!

Offline

 

#330 2015-12-10 3:30am

Monaro
Centurion Member
From: Melb Aust.
Registered: 2008-02-14
Posts: 229
Bikes: 3
Website

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

Sure sorted out that rust problem:o

Offline

 

#331 2017-04-01 9:10pm

Saohagan
Pro Member
From: Houston, Tx
Registered: 2017-01-29
Posts: 812
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 4

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

How does this work on non-chromed parts. Axles, bolts, spindles, etc.?

How about whole wheelsets?

Offline

 

#332 2017-04-02 4:21am

GasGuzzler
Pro Member
From: Cooke County, TX
Registered: 2014-05-06
Posts: 619
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 1

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

Saohagan wrote:

How does this work on non-chromed parts. Axles, bolts, spindles, etc.?

How about whole wheelsets?

Depending on the composition they can turn any shade from dull grey to nearly black.

I've done wheels but the rust on the spokes came back after a few months.


Swap Meet Sucker

Offline

 

#333 2017-04-02 5:21am

Saohagan
Pro Member
From: Houston, Tx
Registered: 2017-01-29
Posts: 812
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 4

Re: Rust Removal. Safe, Easy and Cheap!! (Not Oxalic Acid)

GasGuzzler wrote:

Saohagan wrote:

How does this work on non-chromed parts. Axles, bolts, spindles, etc.?

How about whole wheelsets?

Depending on the composition they can turn any shade from dull grey to nearly black.

I've done wheels but the rust on the spokes came back after a few months.

My wheels and spokes aren't rusty yet, just been sitting in a garage for 10 years and haven't been cleaned once. So a lot of gunk. I wiped a spot off last night and saw what seems to be light Pitting. I'd like to soak them in something to get a real deep clean before I slap any polish on them. I might make a thread asking for recommendations as my searches on here didn't bring any thing up

Last edited by Saohagan (2017-04-02 5:58am)

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →