You are not logged in.

Time 2 Shine

#1 2014-03-19 11:16am

skpfwrd
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2012-07-03

Time 2 Shine

Don't shine for shit in my book!!! purchased a  Runaway hoop over 3 weeks ago. Called them 2 weeks ago they said they were out of them so I purchased a Felon instead because it was in stock, still no shipping info even after a few phone conversations. So BUYER BEWARE!!!

#2 2014-03-23 9:04pm

skpfwrd
Museum Addict

Re: Time 2 Shine

Still No HOOP and they don't answer the phone.

#3 2014-03-31 5:29pm

skpfwrd
Museum Addict

Nothing still

#4 2014-04-05 9:43am

mustang1993
Expert
Signed up: 2006-08-26
Bikes: 1

Thats why i try to stay local but its so hard becasue most bike shops only stock road bikes.

#5 2014-04-05 9:46am

Hatebreeder
Pro MemberBlack Bikes Matter..
Signed up: 2007-12-17
Bikes: 18

There was a long thread about these guys on another site and it seems like your not alone.

#6 2014-04-08 6:37pm

skpfwrd
Museum Addict

I have given Al the owner of Time 2 Shine 3 weeks now (its been 7 weeks since my order has been placed)  a chance to right this wrong and I guess he is just way to busy. He is nothing but a liar!!! I am calling the bank tomorrow to have funds reversed...

#7 2014-04-08 6:57pm

RadicalNick
Retired ODSY HRDR
Signed up: 2011-09-25
Bikes: 14

Yeah. Don't get member dprc started on them. neutral

They SUCK!

44t BMX Club - NC Chapter

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."
Craig Stecyk - Skateboarder Magazine - 1975

#8 2014-12-04 6:14am

ProThunder4
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2011-09-22
Bikes: 9

Uh, oh. This substantiates my own concerns.

I bought a frame from them in October, but they sent the wrong size. I talked to a guy at the shop, who said he'd confirmed with the manufacturer that they had the correct size ready to ship. He said he would have them overnight the frame to me once I sent the original one back.

According to UPS, the frame I returned was received by the shop on Nov. 14, but I haven't received the replacement, I can't get a hold of anybody at the shop, and five telephone messages have gone unanswered. I just sent them an e-mail, so we'll see what happens.

I don't know these folks, but the business seems to me like a small Mom & Pop shop that does a lot of things on the fly. When I talked to the shop's personnel, they seemed like nice, well-meaning people. They also sponsor a legit racing team.

If anybody from Time2Shine is reading this, please call the guy about the Standard 125R. I'll be happy to update my post with a good report once things are resolved.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, and with Grands and Thanksgiving just gone by, I can imagine they might be backed up somewhat.

Still, a little communication goes a long way, and what makes me most uncomfortable is that I haven't heard anything back at all. In the meantime, I've spent a heap of money on parts for a frame I don't have.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; / For he to-day that sheds his blood with me / Shall be my brother ... / gentlemen ... now-a-bed / Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here / And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks / That fought with us

#9 2014-12-06 4:31pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict

I received a cordial response to my e-mail  stating "no worries," everything is still on track. They apologized for not responding sooner and said they and the Standard guys were tied up at Grands. I just committed myself to some Profile/Velocity wheels for this build, so I'm really hoping they deliver on the frame ... and soon.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; / For he to-day that sheds his blood with me / Shall be my brother ... / gentlemen ... now-a-bed / Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here / And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks / That fought with us

#10 2014-12-07 8:20am

skpfwrd
Museum Addict

Good luck, Al is slooooow to get his product out. They say to have items in stock that they don't.

#11 2014-12-17 9:03pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict

Well, I happened to be near the shop last week for work and stopped in to see what I could see.

The owner, Matt, seemed like a nice guy and seemed sincerely interested in getting the problem resolved. He e-mailed Standard, and we started shooting the bull about BMX racing. He showed me a video of his kid racing at the Grands. Before I left, he said Standard e-mailed him back and told him the credit card he had on file with them had expired.

No problem, he told me. I'm e-mailing them my new card info right now, as well as an overnight label. They've got the frame, they can get it out today, you'll have it Monday.

What seemed weird to me was that if I hadn't gone to the shop, apparently none of this would have come to light. He also said he didn't have a telephone number to call Standard directly. That also seemed weird.

Anyway, it's Wednesday. Still no frame. I emailed the shop. No response yet.

I'm baffled. I know some people will gladly rip others off without a second thought, but I don't think that's what's happening. The guy has a real business, a real team, and we're both plugged into the same local racing scene. This could just be a series of misadventures, but I would think as a businessman he'd want to make things right, especially for a local customer who gets around to a lot of races and tracks.

I don't know what to think. Things happen. J&R, which is normally pretty reliable, had S&M frames on sale last week for 50% off. I bought one, thinking I could always use a back-up frame (and I've now bought almost all the parts for the Standard build). I wanted to be sure J&R had the frame I ordered in stock, so the guy went to the warehouse, found the frame, and told me he had it in hand. Then today I got a call from J&R. The guy told me that shipment of frames had come in mismarked boxes, and the sizes on the boxes were not correct. So they didn't have my size after all.

Not sure what the lesson is in all of this. All I know is Time2Shine charged my credit card almost $400 bucks six week ago, and I still don't have a frame. That's not acceptable customer service in this day and age.

#12 2014-12-18 2:26am

us_boss2
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2006-11-10
Bikes: 43
Website

Prothunder, I'm a Standard and S&m dealer. I order a Standard frame and YES I called Standard to order the frame. 3 days later I had the frame in my hand and to my customer. I'm only one state over from T2S. I've had the same problem with J&R bikes also, but it seems the big shop can get away with it because its J&B. If you need help let me know

U.S Boss for life! I sell new school bmx parts,look me up for your needs
Im looking for a black cal lite scoprion frame pad.Looking for hutch alum hub/hubs set.20.1x75 comp 4 tire

#13 2014-12-18 8:07am

milhous
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-01-07
Bikes: 33
For Sale: 1

ProThunder4, you could have purchased direct from SBC.

WANT TO BUY-
Standard Bykes Gyro Hood (red)
2018 Volume Sledgehammer complete

#14 2014-12-18 8:38pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict

milhous wrote:

ProThunder4, you could have purchased direct from SBC.

Yeah, I went with T2S in this case because I thought I was getting a deal, and I like to support the guys who sponsor teams and are involved in racing.

Matt, if you're reading this, make this right. I'm not asking for anything more than what I paid for.

Last edited by ProThunder4 (2014-12-18 8:44pm)

#15 2014-12-19 8:52pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict

Well, I just e-mailed Standard to see if the order for the replacement frame was ever even placed. We'll see.

#16 2014-12-20 12:20pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict

Well, this is disappointing. The order I was told would arrive from Standard this past Monday was never even placed with Standard.

Needless to say, I'll never do business again with T2S.

I really tried to get everything settled amicably, as my dad is a small businessman, and I understand the challenges they face. In this case, however, T2S played me as a sucker, telling me an order was on the way that had never even been placed. That's just inexcusable, in my book.

I'd like to see all American businesses succeed and treat their customers well, but when it comes to T2S, my advice would be, "Buyer beware." The BMX world is a pretty small place for a company to treat its customers this way.

#17 2014-12-20 12:28pm

us_boss2
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2006-11-10
Bikes: 43
Website

That sucks.

U.S Boss for life! I sell new school bmx parts,look me up for your needs
Im looking for a black cal lite scoprion frame pad.Looking for hutch alum hub/hubs set.20.1x75 comp 4 tire

#18 2014-12-20 8:44pm

skpfwrd
Museum Addict

ProThunder4 wrote:

Well, this is disappointing. The order I was told would arrive from Standard this past Monday was never even placed with Standard.

Needless to say, I'll never do business again with T2S.

I really tried to get everything settled amicably, as my dad is a small businessman, and I understand the challenges they face. In this case, however, T2S played me as a sucker, telling me an order was on the way that had never even been placed. That's just inexcusable, in my book.

I'd like to see all American businesses succeed and treat their customers well, but when it comes to T2S, my advice would be, "Buyer beware." The BMX world is a pretty small place for a company to treat its customers this way.

As I stated when I started this thread  "BUYER BEWARE"

#19 2014-12-22 1:57pm

ProThunder4
Museum Addict

In fairness, when all was said and done, T2S apologized for the screw-up in my case, didn't dispute the chargeback I requested from my credit card company, and offered me a substantial discount on my next order. My own impression is that the problems had more to do with disorganization and lack of communication than dishonesty, but it was still a headache. I had taken leave today so I could build up my new frame for a New Year's Day race, and that's obviously not going to happen.

BMX thrives on grassroots participation and fair competition, so I hope whatever management/organizational issues are going on at T2S get resolved. Given they at least acted contrite after the fact, I would revise my advice and adopt the words of Ronald Reagan, "Trust, but verify."

#20 2014-12-23 8:08am

skateparkrider
Pro Member
Signed up: 2014-01-21
Bikes: 15
For Sale: 19
Website

Just wanted to provide my experience with Time 2 Shine.... 

Dude is sort of shady.  Takes money on things he doesn't have in stock.  Advertises parts on his website that are no longer in production.... ETC.

There are many online retailers in the BMX world worthy of your hard earned dollar.  This shop is not one of them.

Ramping enthusiast.  Grinder of the feeble.  #frontbrakebrethren

#21 2014-12-23 6:35pm

smax
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2008-06-17

Based on these comments, i'll never do business with them.

#22 2014-12-23 9:15pm

dprc
Intermediate
Signed up: 2012-09-24

skateparkrider wrote:

Just wanted to provide my experience with Time 2 Shine.... 

Dude is sort of shady.  Takes money on things he doesn't have in stock.  Advertises parts on his website that are no longer in production.... ETC.

There are many online retailers in the BMX world worthy of your hard earned dollar.  This shop is not one of them.

You know I know that first hand.  Big time disappointment!

Always looking for New School Odyssey/Sunday 41 Therm

Lover of Color

Board footer