You are not logged in.

Got asked the most odd question on our ride this past weekend.....  RSS Feed

#76 2014-11-06 10:23am

Burning River
Banned

Re: Got asked the most odd question on our ride this past weekend.....

Roodillon wrote:

I do not give a F*** what others think of me and my bikes.  I held a patch for many years before inner ear balance issues and dizzy spells caused a spectacular crash last year and forced me off Harleys forever. So I am used to people not bothering me. That said, I am very polite to citizens who have not done me wrong.  I'd like it if people asked me questions. My Robinson in particular is very "blingy" so I figured people would ask about it but they never do.

I'm the same way , minus the patched-in member of a club . Ohio Triple Six Crew is pretty much all I represent these days . cool

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10693737_771986939514921_704531069_n.jpg

http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/144220048/max_h-1000+max_w-1000/image1.JPG

And then you say goddamn they ruthless

#77 2014-11-06 7:36pm

Roodillon
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

Let me be perfectly clear - I do not belong to any club now or ever again. I can no longer ride. I left in good standing. This is all I will ever say about the subject from here on. No questions.

I am serious and don't call me Shirley.

#78 2014-11-06 7:53pm

saskbmx
BMXer 4 Life

besides taking flack from the hipsters down town when cruising, I've been asked " how much is your bike worth?" countless times when riding around. ended up having to demonstrate how much my bike is worth with each whack of the baton representing a single dollar amount!

#79 2014-11-06 8:01pm

Roodillon
Pro Member

Anyway I'm happy enough with my BMX bikes! If you did not know this, I crashed my last Harley BAD on 10/27/2013. I broke all of my ribs, my neck, my back, my sternum, and punctured my lungs. Because I got dizzy on the bike and rode right through a barbed wire fence and over my spiked handlebars (people were always telling me that my ride was dangerous and sure enough those bars took out all my ribs and my chest). My mother took a picture of the bike afterwards in the wrecking lot but I have never looked at it and I never will. It took me ten years to finish. I don't want to see it like that. It was a show bike for sure but I rode it everywhere. No bags, nothing. I was old school to the bone. Rode it everywhere. Hundreds, thousands of miles with just what I could strap to the sissy bar. But she did mention that my spiked apes were all the way down to the fender. F'ing hell! No wonder! Although my heart sinks when I see a bunch of bikes and riders. Fortunately, although we're having an Indian summer and it is still pretty nice here, I can't help to be happy (for myself) that I won't have to see them for a few months. Although I used to ride in the cold, most people don't. And my old hangout, which has 25-50 bikes in the parking lot on any weekend (and I SWEAR that my bike was the top dog around here) no or maybe one bike is out there now. But I passed it about a month ago and there were tons of bikes there and I almost cried. So what? Real men can cry. When my dog died I slept with a stuffed animal that looked a lot like her for about a month. Again, so what? Anyway I told them last year that I would still come and hang out, but in reality it turned out that I just could not handle it.  My world revolved around motorcycles for 38 of my 50 years and when I lost my last bike and the ability to ride I also lost my soul and my identity. I have to see a therapist now. It is hard on me (haha I said hard on!). So I took up several hobbies to distract me from my mental and physical pain. BMX is one of them. I am also learning electronics and am about halfway through building my first guitar amplifier (tube of course). And I got a bunch of Arduino stuff to help me learn. Carving and oil painting are also new for me, and I developed a knife collection. Finally I've been a guitar player for almost as long as I rode and I taught myself how to record, mix, master and produce as well as purchasing about $7,000 in new gear ($5,000 for two synthesizers, another thing I took up and now I play synth more than I play guitar!) Every once in a while none of them work and I sit there feeling sorry for myself. It can really suck. But my hobbies help a lot.

PS - that was far from my first accident, but it was the worst and the only one caused by my relatively recent balance and dizziness issues. I have a broken wings sticker at the top of the windshield in the middle and I have a handicapped parking permit hanging from the rear view mirror when I park. Anyone in the know could tell the whole story just by those two things.

Last edited by Roodillon (2014-11-06 8:02pm)

#80 2014-11-07 8:07am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T
Bikes: 10

Roodillon wrote:

Anyway I'm happy enough with my BMX bikes! If you did not know this, I crashed my last Harley BAD on 10/27/2013. I broke all of my ribs, my neck, my back, my sternum, and punctured my lungs. Because I got dizzy on the bike and rode right through a barbed wire fence and over my spiked handlebars (people were always telling me that my ride was dangerous and sure enough those bars took out all my ribs and my chest). My mother took a picture of the bike afterwards in the wrecking lot but I have never looked at it and I never will. It took me ten years to finish. I don't want to see it like that. It was a show bike for sure but I rode it everywhere. No bags, nothing. I was old school to the bone. Rode it everywhere. Hundreds, thousands of miles with just what I could strap to the sissy bar. But she did mention that my spiked apes were all the way down to the fender. F'ing hell! No wonder! Although my heart sinks when I see a bunch of bikes and riders. Fortunately, although we're having an Indian summer and it is still pretty nice here, I can't help to be happy (for myself) that I won't have to see them for a few months. Although I used to ride in the cold, most people don't. And my old hangout, which has 25-50 bikes in the parking lot on any weekend (and I SWEAR that my bike was the top dog around here) no or maybe one bike is out there now. But I passed it about a month ago and there were tons of bikes there and I almost cried. So what? Real men can cry. When my dog died I slept with a stuffed animal that looked a lot like her for about a month. Again, so what? Anyway I told them last year that I would still come and hang out, but in reality it turned out that I just could not handle it.  My world revolved around motorcycles for 38 of my 50 years and when I lost my last bike and the ability to ride I also lost my soul and my identity. I have to see a therapist now. It is hard on me (haha I said hard on!). So I took up several hobbies to distract me from my mental and physical pain. BMX is one of them. I am also learning electronics and am about halfway through building my first guitar amplifier (tube of course). And I got a bunch of Arduino stuff to help me learn. Carving and oil painting are also new for me, and I developed a knife collection. Finally I've been a guitar player for almost as long as I rode and I taught myself how to record, mix, master and produce as well as purchasing about $7,000 in new gear ($5,000 for two synthesizers, another thing I took up and now I play synth more than I play guitar!) Every once in a while none of them work and I sit there feeling sorry for myself. It can really suck. But my hobbies help a lot.

PS - that was far from my first accident, but it was the worst and the only one caused by my relatively recent balance and dizziness issues. I have a broken wings sticker at the top of the windshield in the middle and I have a handicapped parking permit hanging from the rear view mirror when I park. Anyone in the know could tell the whole story just by those two things.

So sorry to hear about your crash but it was a miracle you are alive.  You have to look at the positive. I know when it first happened you probbly wished you were dead from the physical and mental anguish. sad  I think it takes a real man to admit he cries sometimes or even sleeps with a stuffed animal.  If people were to diss you for that it is just their immaturity showing along with their not feeling secure enough in their own masculinity.  I'm glad you have BMX and your guitar!  It's good to pick up and start over even if it is something you never thought you would be doing.  I never would have gotten back into BMX if I hadn't had a seizure behind the wheel of my car and lost my driving privileges. I have made a couple of good buddies here that I would have missed out on if not for that happening so I think that things happen for a reason even if we do not understand why at the time.

Taylor Allen John Anstrom  .....  Finally found my baby. 1987 Roadmaster Thriller Freestyle!!  Baby blue with white tires and gum sidewalls.  The members of this site made it possible to make my dream come true.

#81 2014-11-07 2:17pm

Roodillon
Pro Member

Thanks man it sounds like we have something in common, the problems driving or riding. I have never had a problem driving but riding a 700 lb. motorcycle is a whole different story. I appreciate your post very much.

#82 2014-11-07 7:55pm

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO
Bikes: 2

Roodillon wrote:

that's really rad man that you found something like BMX again to help you out! about 5 years ago, shortly after my divorce, i was in a car accident with my best friend from the age of 4 (i was 25 at the time), unfortunately it was a hit and run, we flipped the car about 5 or 6 times (i think it was more, but thats what the report said), he ended up breaking his neck during that and died almost instantly, i ended up with several broken bones, and have since revoked my own driving privaledges. although it was not my fault, the guy/gal ran a red light and kept going, it was late at night and there were no witnesses. i will always blame myself for his death, which was honestly harder for me than being in the military and going to war. all i remember was looking over at him, slumped over, lifeless, i screamed in anger and i passed out from the pain. the next thing i remember was waking up in the hospital, with his parents and mine looking over me, i immediately started apologizing profusely, but they knew it was not my fault. not a day goes by that i dont think about him, we grew up racing together, he was a rad dude!

shortly thereafter when i got out of the hospital i delevoped a VERY serious drinking problem, and ended up homeless for almost a year. i was in such a dark place at that point that nobody in my family had any contact with me whatsoever during that time frame. ending it all sounded pretty sweet at that point! that tough love helped snap me back into place, and i was able to land a job at Atari as a game tester (the first month i worked there i was still in the shelter, i used to have a coworker give me a ride "home", thankfully the shelter was near the docks, so i just told him me and my cousin had a houseboat we stayed on because i was so ashamed, that walk of sorrow was real rough!) I ended up shortly thereafter getting myself back on my feet and getting a DK General Lee and that's where it all started back on the positive for me! when i moved back to the east bay area, a few years later I got a Brian Foster 3 series complete on the cheap from my bud's at my LBS. Now i've got a 24'' Fatboy cruiser for bar hopping, and am working on building a race bike to get myself back into shape, happy, and more importantly, healthy!

if life were meant to be easy, it sure as F**K wouldn't be fun! winkbig_smile (this life motto has whats kept me alive and kickin!)

feels good to get that off my chest!

riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

#83 2014-11-07 8:17pm

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

without this site, and you guys, and the people ive met riding via this site, i dont doubt id possibly go back to that dark place!

on topic: i recall about 2 years back, i was at the hayward park, and this kid was tearing it up on a Fit Wifi that i could clearly tell was all aftermarket. this hoodrat kept asking to ride peoples bikes, and this kid was just too nice and nieve, anywho i of course see this hoodrat take off like a bat outta hell! i followed him into his hood, and finally got to his driveway, right behind him. unfortunately he was apparently related to Debo, because thats who walked out of the garage to confront me, haha. being 5'7''about 180 at the time, he was roughly Terry Crews  lol and about 250, 6'5''. thankfully he was wearing a wifebeater, as i could see his marine tat's on his arms (this alone saved me from an ass beating, lol), after we got to talking and i had explained the situation, that I didnt even know the kid, but I felt compelled by a code of honor to retrieve what was his (the kid couldnt of been more than 14), the dude looked me over, walked over to his little brother, smacked him upside the head, and handed me the bike back! I carried that bike on my shoulder like a badge of honor! haha, the look on the kids face as i rolled up was absolutely priceless! knowing that i will never have kids (thats a whole nother story!), i had to think to myself that must be what surprising a kid at christmas felt like! the kid ran up to me and gave me a big hug, and his dad walked on over to me, we talked for a good half hour and had a really good chat, turns out he was in the airforce as well!

anywho, the dad said he'd be right back, so i kept riding with the kid, watching him destroy that park like a little pro! his dad rolled back up and called me over, handed me a nice bottle of JD (know that i no longer have a drinking problem, it wasn't the alcohol i really had a problem with, it was dealing with everything, and it seemed that blacking out helped me sleep and try to forget the pain). it was a real nice interaction, and i didnt expect any of it, was just trying to help out! cool

Last edited by 4130_stoner (2014-11-07 8:19pm)

riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

#84 2014-11-07 8:21pm

doeboy211
Pro MemberHOOF ARTED
For Sale: 3

4130_stoner wrote:

Roodillon wrote:

that's really rad man that you found something like BMX again to help you out! about 5 years ago, shortly after my divorce, i was in a car accident with my best friend from the age of 4 (i was 25 at the time), unfortunately it was a hit and run, we flipped the car about 5 or 6 times (i think it was more, but thats what the report said), he ended up breaking his neck during that and died almost instantly, i ended up with several broken bones, and have since revoked my own driving privaledges. although it was not my fault, the guy/gal ran a red light and kept going, it was late at night and there were no witnesses. i will always blame myself for his death, which was honestly harder for me than being in the military and going to war. all i remember was looking over at him, slumped over, lifeless, i screamed in anger and i passed out from the pain. the next thing i remember was waking up in the hospital, with his parents and mine looking over me, i immediately started apologizing profusely, but they knew it was not my fault. not a day goes by that i dont think about him, we grew up racing together, he was a rad dude!

shortly thereafter when i got out of the hospital i delevoped a VERY serious drinking problem, and ended up homeless for almost a year. i was in such a dark place at that point that nobody in my family had any contact with me whatsoever during that time frame. ending it all sounded pretty sweet at that point! that tough love helped snap me back into place, and i was able to land a job at Atari as a game tester (the first month i worked there i was still in the shelter, i used to have a coworker give me a ride "home", thankfully the shelter was near the docks, so i just told him me and my cousin had a houseboat we stayed on because i was so ashamed, that walk of sorrow was real rough!) I ended up shortly thereafter getting myself back on my feet and getting a DK General Lee and that's where it all started back on the positive for me! when i moved back to the east bay area, a few years later I got a Brian Foster 3 series complete on the cheap from my bud's at my LBS. Now i've got a 24'' Fatboy cruiser for bar hopping, and am working on building a race bike to get myself back into shape, happy, and more importantly, healthy!

if life were meant to be easy, it sure as F**K wouldn't be fun! winkbig_smile (this life motto has whats kept me alive and kickin!)

feels good to get that off my chest!

Atari makes games still??

Cheapest Gyro cables in town!

#85 2014-11-07 9:33pm

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

doeboy211 wrote:

Atari makes games still??

hahaha, yea, they got bought out a number of years ago, and made most of the Lord of the Rings console games, as well as owning the rights to the Dragon Ball Z franchise. granted, most of their games sucked, but working there was akin to that movie grandma's boy! just a bunch of goofy stoners working together having huge smack talking tourney's, lollolcool

Last edited by 4130_stoner (2014-11-07 9:34pm)

#86 2014-11-07 9:40pm

69Tom
Expert

All I know is, 4130 and Roodillon's stories are enough for me, if I didn't have it before, that I don't give a f*ck what anyone says about any hobby I might have.  If things have meaning to any of us, for whatever reason, f anyone else.  Keep riding.  Well done guys.  Hope you pass your stories along to others or younger kids who don't get it.

#87 2014-11-08 4:29am

TaylorRides
Pro MemberThey Call Me T
Bikes: 10

Roodillon wrote:

Thanks man it sounds like we have something in common, the problems driving or riding. I have never had a problem driving but riding a 700 lb. motorcycle is a whole different story. I appreciate your post very much.

Anytime man.

Taylor Allen John Anstrom  .....  Finally found my baby. 1987 Roadmaster Thriller Freestyle!!  Baby blue with white tires and gum sidewalls.  The members of this site made it possible to make my dream come true.

#88 2014-11-08 6:56am

eightyfivegt
Pro Member

jokerman13922 wrote:

some creepy guy around here driving a semi, offered me candy for my bike, did some research and i found out his name is john neutral

Are you sure that wasn't "Large Marge"?!?

Wanted: one copy of the last issue of BMX plus magazine!
Escaped from Detroit...and lived to tell about it!
Black Widows Central Florida Faction Ambassador

#89 2014-11-08 1:14pm

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

69Tom wrote:

All I know is, 4130 and Roodillon's stories are enough for me, if I didn't have it before, that I don't give a f*ck what anyone says about any hobby I might have.  If things have meaning to any of us, for whatever reason, f anyone else.  Keep riding.  Well done guys.  Hope you pass your stories along to others or younger kids who don't get it.

thanks bud!

its always 1 day at a time, but it sure as hell better involve some riding on most of those days lolbig_smile

#90 2014-11-08 7:03pm

Roodillon
Pro Member

@4130. Thanks for sharing. I am sorry about your lean years but I'm glad that you made it out. I've been there too, although not homeless. My brother died on the streets though - R.I.P. brother. Anyway after my second divorce in 2000 I went off the deep end for a couple of years. Lots and lots of alcohol and other things. Were it not for my folks I'd be homeless at best and most likely dead. They helped me through those horrible years. I have since given up drunkenness and partying for about ten years now. These days I sometimes will have half a beer or the occasional glass of red wine with dinner but all in all I have maybe ten alcoholic beverages a year, and only one each time and sometimes I don't even finish that. I have not been drunk in a very, very long time and I do not miss it one bit. And absolutely no partying.

I have a lot of tales from growing up in 70's/80's Miami FL insanity. My particular thing is that I keep surviving things that should have killed me. My friends say that I am invincible! I have at least ten very real near-death experiences and have died once too but they brought me back. Got struck by lightning and came out unscathed, all sorts of hair raising things. Even I can't believe it. When you have so many of those the world looks different, it's like you have one foot on earth and one in the next world, whatever it may be. Almost nothing bothers me anymore and if somebody likes something I have I usually give it to them.

Thanks to all. I'm glad you like our tales! I have a million of them. I'm a raconteur!

Last edited by Roodillon (2014-11-08 7:21pm)

#91 2014-11-08 7:20pm

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

Roodillon wrote:

Thanks to all. I'm glad you like our tales! I have a million of them. I'm a raconteur!

haha, yea, someday we'll have to make a thread about horror/war stories! winklollol

#92 2014-11-08 7:27pm

Roodillon
Pro Member

4130_stoner wrote:

Roodillon wrote:

haha, yea, someday we'll have to make a thread about horror/war stories! winklollol

Oh boy that would be nuts. If I revealed everything that I did 30, 35 years ago people would think that I am a psychopath (I am not).

#93 2014-11-08 8:12pm

ty134759
Pro Member"TC Special"
Bikes: 9

You must explain....

44T - BMX Club : Chicago

#94 2014-11-08 9:38pm

4130_stoner
Pot(tery) Barn CEO

Roodillon wrote:

4130_stoner wrote:

Roodillon wrote:

Oh boy that would be nuts. If I revealed everything that I did 30, 35 years ago people would think that I am a psychopath (I am not).

hahah, yea.....i wouldnt even tell my ex-wife about some of the stuff in iraq/afghanistan, lollol

#95 2014-11-08 10:21pm

lowrider
Pro MemberRiding On My 20
Bikes: 26
For Sale: 1

Those are some deep stories guys, thanks for sharing....

4130, just curious, what park were you at when that bike theft incident happened?

[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/wlkeohi/006-1.jpg[/img]

#96 2014-11-08 11:53pm

Roodillon
Pro Member

I CAN'T tell some of the tales I have because for various reasons. I'll die with them untold.

#97 2014-11-09 5:32am

Burning River
Banned

My Father & Uncle were full-patch members of the Breed MC and both are in Federal Prison most likely for the rest of their lives . You don't need to elaborate , I understand pretty well . I was invited a few times to the Cleveland HA House , and they knew who my Father & Uncle were and didn't give me any shit over it . Respect given both ways , that's all I have to say about that .

http://cobras.clevelandsgs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/hells-angels.jpg

Last edited by Burning River (2014-11-09 5:33am)

And then you say goddamn they ruthless

Board footer

View Cart →