You are not logged in.

Got asked the most odd question on our ride this past weekend.....  RSS Feed

#1 2014-01-28 10:55am

fulfillment
Expert
Bikes: 3

Got asked the most odd question on our ride this past weekend.....

Me and my girlfriend were riding through some trails and parks over the weekend.
Decided we'd take out some of my old DB Pros.

We came up on two kids staring at us.
Out of nowhere, one of them asked me if I stole my bike?
WTH kinda question is that??
Then they followed us for a little bit.

Not 15 minutes later another dude said "those are some nice bikes".

As much as I appreciated the compliment, I told my gf I felt like I was riding on a target.
Got kind of paranoid the rest of the ride.

Anyone else get asked odd questions like this riding their old school bikes?

#2 2014-01-28 11:04am

jokerman13922
Pro MemberNo Pedals 4 U Tough Guy!
Bikes: 28

Re: Got asked the most odd question on our ride this past weekend.....

some creepy guy around here driving a semi, offered me candy for my bike, did some research and i found out his name is john neutral

AHOLE LIST:----> KING AHOLE BRADDLPHNS, KING MINION TXBONER AND HIS QUEEN MINION BIRD AND LITTLE MINIONS, X33D801969z28,ICEMAN, PERRONT AND FRESH (AGAIN)! DYNOBMX, MY STEPSON LIL BMXER, NEW MEMBER GTbikesIlikes, robk131313!   except Kurt-rad, and Roy Munson, And itsdug

#3 2014-01-28 11:05am

50kta
Intermediate

cool

#4 2014-01-28 11:22am

Coco
ModeratorCanadian Bacon!
For Sale: 1

I have never been asked any questions about my bikes but when I ride, I'm on a mission and am travelling pretty fast with an ipod blaring in my ears.

I did ask some kid about his '83 Silver Streak I saw one day and probably freaked him out a bit. Once we chatted a bit he realized I was normal and just stoked on his old bike that his dad gave him and I wasn't some sort of weird pedophile. tongue

Last edited by Coco (2014-01-28 11:55am)

#5 2014-01-28 11:56am

Haro-83
Pro MemberTEXAS HILLBILLY
Bikes: 53

A bunches of kids hanging down at gas station saw me riding my red 87 master and asking me when they did came out?  it's looks bad ass want one and one of kids asked me is there any other color beside red? But I told to kids it's not new it's old from 1980's and the kids wouldn't believe me and telling me that I am an idiot the haro isn't that old it's new yikes
While later kids came to me and apologize to me said that I was right after talking to LBS.

Last edited by Haro-83 (2014-01-28 12:00pm)

Build it, Ride it and Break it. That what it was made for.

#6 2014-01-28 12:12pm

84HaroSport
Museum Addict
Bikes: 5

Went riding in local park last fall before it got real cold. I was on my '84 Haro Sport riding with my daughter. There is a small quarter pipe and couple small ramps at the park. Usually occupied by a few skateboarders. We were riding on the track around park as she just wanted to ride her bike. Ran across a few young kids on newer bikes. They looked really hard at mine and me. I was thinking they were more interested in laughing at this old guy with a grey goatee riding a 20 inch. I'm sure they were discussing what in the world kinda bike was that old dude riding as we went outta sight. LOL

#7 2014-01-28 12:18pm

littledvlbmx
Banned
Bikes: 4

Only question I ever get from kids are why the top and down tubes are so thick? Then I get the occasional laughter from them being my frames old (even though looks better tongue) and then I just show em' up at the park and they just get lost for words and stay silent lol It's all good though.

SBC 63 army lifer

#8 2014-01-28 12:22pm

phishfarm73
Pro MemberDIRTY HIPPIE

A couple year's ago, some weirdo asked me if I take my bike off any sweet jump's!

BMX Patriots!

#9 2014-01-28 12:23pm

TONE
Museum Addict

Someone asked me down at the docks if I bought my assless chaps to match my purple reign Hollywood, or if it was just a crazy coincidence.

I'm done!  I need NOTHING!!!!!   smile

#10 2014-01-28 12:28pm

Ripperdawg13m
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

^^^ lollollollollollollollol

Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet ...

#11 2014-01-28 12:30pm

littledvlbmx
Banned

TONE wrote:

Someone asked me down at the docks if I bought my assless chaps to match my purple reign Hollywood, or if it was just a crazy coincidence.

I would've popped him one and told him "awww.......you just got beat buy an assess chap wearing purple bike riding dude" and then just laugh at him while he's on the ground lollollol

SBC 63 army lifer

#12 2014-01-28 12:31pm

Haro-83

Curious dose anybody getting that kind of looking really hard at you when you rode pink bike? Just curious because I has Magenta strike zone that I hesitate to ride around without my neighbor getting wrong idea of I'm some kind of middle aged pedophile.

Last edited by Haro-83 (2014-01-28 12:53pm)

#13 2014-01-28 12:31pm

jaymeatsack
Pro Member
Bikes: 22

Out at a local spot one day a kid asked if I was riding a "real" bmx bike. I asked him what made a bmx bike "real." He simply stated that he'd never seen a "real" bmx bike with brakes. Kids these days.

#14 2014-01-28 12:39pm

littledvlbmx
Banned

@Haro-83 It takes a real man to rock pink. I do it occasionally and get looked at but I like to give them the state down just do they know I'm not "that" type of guy lol
@jaymestsack,bikes have brakes? I'm messing man,hell I'm a brakeless rider and even I know about brakes lol don't have any but know they exist tongue

SBC 63 army lifer

#15 2014-01-28 12:41pm

jumpin jim
Pro Member
Bikes: 3

jokerman13922 wrote:

some creepy guy around here driving a semi, offered me candy for my bike, did some research and i found out his name is john neutral

I think I know that Dude! Weirdo.

#16 2014-01-28 12:54pm

Haro-83

littledvlbmx wrote:

@Haro-83 It takes a real man to rock pink. I do it occasionally and get looked at but I like to give them the state down just do they know I'm not "that" type of guy lol
@jaymestsack,bikes have brakes? I'm messing man,hell I'm a brakeless rider and even I know about brakes lol don't have any but know they exist tongue

Try ride around in small texas redneck town

#17 2014-01-28 1:00pm

littledvlbmx
Banned

Haro-83 wrote:

littledvlbmx wrote:

Ain't it 100% legal to ride around with a gun as long as it's via able? I may be wrong but if so put a gun rack on ur bike tongue lol

SBC 63 army lifer

#18 2014-01-28 1:12pm

wilster
Expert
Bikes: 18

Last summer got stopped and asked about a zillion times if my grape soda was for sale .............  even had a young fellas Dad follow me back to my camp site.

#19 2014-01-28 1:41pm

FRESH
Pro MemberSUNDAY!
Bikes: 13

The only people that bother me with questions on my bikes is the wife.. "Yea I bought another.. And?" tongue

#20 2014-01-28 1:55pm

Haro-83

littledvlbmx wrote:

Haro-83 wrote:

littledvlbmx wrote:

Ain't it 100% legal to ride around with a gun as long as it's via able? I may be wrong but if so put a gun rack on ur bike tongue lol

Riding in pink with gun rack as texas style big_smile

Last edited by Haro-83 (2014-01-28 1:55pm)

#21 2014-01-28 2:09pm

tim1218
Pro Memberside-pull boy
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 1

This one time, at band camp...

#22 2014-01-28 2:19pm

BMX KYLE
The Mongoose kid
Bikes: 8

I am not with the in crowd. I ride with brakes.lollollollol

Last edited by BMX KYLE (2014-01-28 2:22pm)

#23 2014-01-28 2:47pm

VWporschegt3
Mr. Cheap A$$

no so much weird question, but I remember one time riding my bike home from seeing my girlfriend at that time (same vegas I own today) and a bunch of Hispanic fellows in a wire wheeled Monte Carlo sizing me up at a stop sign. light turns green and they pace me. half way up to a dirt lot they speed up and turn off at the dirt lot... Momma didn't raise no fool! I turned the hell around and booked it up a side street to get back to Palmdale Blvd..where there would be too many witnesses.  I think about it now and wonder what my white ass was doing on that side of town anyways with a 500$ (at that time) bike.... must have been out my freaking mind....

Just trying to complete my STA...

#24 2014-01-28 2:50pm

Donarelo
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 70

i took my 82 PK Ripper to a nearby dirt track and a 10 yr old asked if he could ride my "antique" bmx bike big_smile  so i gave it to him and he was pretty awesome on it till he hit a jump and got a little bit more air than he's used to and wiped out !! and hit his nuts on the "higher seat than he's used to" and fell to the ground moaning and laughing at the same time while holding his crotch with both hands lollol  and his friend rode up to him and asked him if he was ok, and he whimpered while laughing " i hit my genital organs " lollollol and then added that, that is the coolest bike ever !!!!  we all died laughing lollol and it turned out that his father is an acquaintance. once he recovered he told us that the Ripper is so much lighter and easier to ride. wink

I live in Greece, there is a time difference.

WTB : ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NOS Quad FF'S.

#25 2014-01-28 3:02pm

JBFab
Intermediate
Bikes: 2

You got asked if you stole it because everyone thinks 20" are kids bikes. When i come out of a store and ride off on one of mine people look at me like i stole it. And im only 30! I think its funny myself that and i get kids asking what kind of bike i have. I tell them and they never heard of it, they i lay out the "its older then you", even though its a y2k still is the truth.

She just loves my 20"! And one day you will too!

Board footer

View Cart →