You are not logged in.

1998 GT Pro Performer

#1 2013-12-27 6:59pm

kevin108
Kdog Bikes
From: Cleveland, OH
Registered: 2009-06-07
Posts: 984
Bikes: 11
Offline

1998 GT Pro Performer

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/image_copy1978.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/image_copy1979.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/image_copy2003.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/image_copy1217.jpg

1998 GT Pro Performer

1998 pro.  Gt Mohawk hubs,4130 stamped bars,4130 frame,pacman forks.

Nice shape gt with nice decals. Chrome is real rough in the tight spots.



http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Offline

 

#2 2013-12-28 12:42pm

eelnoob
Expert
Registered: 2011-08-07
Posts: 929
Bikes: 50
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

Sweet bike. I'm still on search for one for myself.

Offline

 

#3 2013-12-29 6:55am

MJ-30
Museum Newbie
From: North Sewickley PA
Registered: 2013-09-29
Posts: 5
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

Very nice, I'm always on the lookout for one of these. Just love the '98-'00? Style

Offline

 

#4 2013-12-29 7:08am

kevin108
Kdog Bikes
From: Cleveland, OH
Registered: 2009-06-07
Posts: 984
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

And after some research, the 98 was last of full cromo frame fork and bars. Has high flange gt Mohawk hubs with the rear being flip flop. Never seen that before.

Offline

 

#5 2013-12-29 8:15am

eelnoob
Expert
Registered: 2011-08-07
Posts: 929
Bikes: 50
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

kevin108 wrote:

And after some research, the 98 was last of full cromo frame fork and bars. Has high flange gt Mohawk hubs with the rear being flip flop. Never seen that before.

Also 98 was the last year the Pro Performer came with pacman fork.

Offline

 

#6 2013-12-29 5:37pm

kevin108
Kdog Bikes
From: Cleveland, OH
Registered: 2009-06-07
Posts: 984
Bikes: 11
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

Eelnoob, I like your era of bikes.... I've been gravitating toward the late 90s early 2000 yrs of bmx.

Offline

 

#7 2013-12-29 7:49pm

eelnoob
Expert
Registered: 2011-08-07
Posts: 929
Bikes: 50
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

Thanks

Still have a few more I need to add.

Offline

 

#8 2015-02-07 1:46pm

Skid
Centurion Member
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2011-10-27
Posts: 198
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

eelnoob wrote:

kevin108 wrote:

And after some research, the 98 was last of full cromo frame fork and bars. Has high flange gt Mohawk hubs with the rear being flip flop. Never seen that before.

Also 98 was the last year the Pro Performer came with pacman fork.

They came with Pac Man forks in 99 as well

Offline

 

#9 2015-02-07 4:17pm

eelnoob
Expert
Registered: 2011-08-07
Posts: 929
Bikes: 50
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

Skid wrote:

eelnoob wrote:

kevin108 wrote:

And after some research, the 98 was last of full cromo frame fork and bars. Has high flange gt Mohawk hubs with the rear being flip flop. Never seen that before.

Also 98 was the last year the Pro Performer came with pacman fork.

They came with Pac Man forks in 99 as well

Reason I said that was I have seen 4 1999 Pro Performers locally and none of them came with stock pacman forks. Catalog says that 99 came with Pacman forks but  none of the 99 Pro Performers around here did. Don't know if GT just got cheap and just started putting Pro Performer decals on the Performer or what but hopefully someone can clarify that.


Saw two chromes likes this
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/40503


And two purple like this, only difference were the ones around here didn't have pacman forks
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/30210

Offline

 

#10 2015-04-05 11:38pm

the-1da
Member
From: England
Registered: 2015-03-01
Posts: 60
Bikes: 22
Offline

Re: 1998 GT Pro Performer

Only ever seen the one come up for sale in the UK and it was a mess. Wish i had still bought it though

Offline

 

Board footer