S.P.Kid
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2013-08-23
Bikes: 8

1982 Schwinn Predator

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/schwinn2_copy17.jpg

1982 Schwinn Predator

Really Like How This Came Out

I didn't even know what this bike was going to be when I started it. It came together in 1 day. It was cold out and I was home sick with an arm injury from my last practice at the track. I was looking at all my parts and sticker sets, laboring over what to sell and what to keep. I listed some things in between stages on this coming closer to being finished. I had bought a Schwinn frame months ago and the seller didn't really know what it was and neither did I. It had some flaws but I kind of liked it and paid about the cost of shipping. I had parts, and as I mentioned sticker sets, that I wasn't sure what I was going to do with.  This frame and one of the sticker sets inspired me, so I put on some music and set to work.
I was so engrossed with the project as it came together. Parts that had been around for months with no use started to take on a completely different context as the build evolved. I got more and more into it.  After, various things were cleaned, sanded, polished, painted, greased and rebuilt I turned the last wrench and stepped back. It didn't even occur to me that I had hardly eaten or drank in the hours that passed. I was very satisfied with how things went that day, with the parts being used and no longer just sitting around, and they worked so well. Some builds you try to force things and it doesn't work when you "know it should." This one just flowed. I don't consider it a predator since it's only the frame. It's more of what I think of as my "All-School Good Guy That Looks Like A Bad Guy."  I hope you enjoy it!

*Footnote to this build.
Even though it couldn't be more different in color choice, I was inspired by "Inkedup." The night before this I was looking through his collection. Truly one of the most unique, inspired, bold, artistic bike builders out there-Thanks Dave!

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

“Chubs up over S tubes and coin rolls.”

#2 2015-01-10 12:14pm

rbell1970
Pro Member
Signed up: 2013-11-03
Bikes: 3

Re: 1982 Schwinn Predator

The predator came out cool,I like your story on the build,makes me wanna build one up!smile

Countdown To The Weekend,BMX FOREVER!

Board footer