Freecoaster fans!!!  RSS Feed

#26 2013-11-07 4:01pm

walribco
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 2
Website

Re: Freecoaster fans!!!

That's cool. I wonder how many other companies will come out with replacement freecoaster drivers for theircassettes? Maybe gsport??!

ricedoutyugo.com

#27 2013-11-07 5:35pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker
Bikes: 5

I'm still waiting for a new odyssey free coaster roll I'm a big toaster fan lollollollollol I loved my first one there just not to reliable and take lots of work but I plan on switching out again I love going backwards with out my pedals coming off cool

I AM 18 YEARS OLD!!! big_smile follow me on instagram @remington_schaefer

Ride in peace Autum Pasquale

#28 2013-11-08 8:51pm

matt thomas
Pro Memberno more hoarding

walribco wrote:

I put a dab of locktite on slack adjust screw on my alienation v2 just cause o was worried about that. It hasn't moved in 2 years. Still going strong

that sounds like a good idea. when i remove the screw to apply the locktite, do i need to be mindful of anything inside of the hub falling out of place causing me to open it back up? i can rebuild a nankai practically blindfolded, but this thing is all new to me.

Last edited by matt thomas (2013-11-08 8:53pm)

White Revenge Industries Da'Kine grips. Found!
Wanted- Injury free 2019!
All of my stuff is for sale, except for my raw inTRIKat!!!

#29 2013-11-08 10:08pm

Never2old2ride
Expert

Bought a used wheel with a Poverty free coaster, works great. No problems at all.

"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."

#30 2013-11-09 4:22am

jeffc43
Pro Member
Bikes: 56
For Sale: 3

My KHE Greyhound just arrived yesterday.  smile  Haven't ridden it yet but looking forward to it soon!  I can't believe how light these are.

#31 2013-11-09 4:42am

walribco
Pro Member
Website

matt thomas wrote:

walribco wrote:

I put a dab of locktite on slack adjust screw on my alienation v2 just cause o was worried about that. It hasn't moved in 2 years. Still going strong

that sounds like a good idea. when i remove the screw to apply the locktite, do i need to be mindful of anything inside of the hub falling out of place causing me to open it back up? i can rebuild a nankai practically blindfolded, but this thing is all new to me.

Nope. I've ridden the thing without the screw fine.

ricedoutyugo.com

#32 2013-11-09 5:54am

littledvlbmx
Banned
Bikes: 4

I've been dying to try a free coaster forever. And now there's more and more companies making them I mite just try one but I ride street pretty hard so I'm unsure how well it'll hold up. Anyone on here know? Are they hard to get used to? I've always ridden a cassette.

SBC 63 army lifer

#33 2013-11-09 6:16am

dreamermick
Expert

I'm still using a Haro Turbine from '02.

4130 Beantown!

#34 2013-11-09 12:31pm

spiderpig22
Made in Taiwan

I have  KHE reverse,,KHE Gheisha, Federal v2 ,Alienation rush lhd and the EZRA.The reverse ,federal and rush all have the same KHE internals. one is solid axel and the other two have the adjustable screw.I always fear the screw will come out but mine never have.I set the adjustable screw when I got them and never adjusted them again. The Rush is the heaviest shell of the 4.I like the Gheisha the best .Altho all the khe that I have begin to ghost once the grease breaks down. I  grease them often to avoid this.The EZRA is all sealed never had a ghosting issue but every now and then it make a loud pop when pedal pressuring around .Remy has ridden my EZRA a few times and he seems to like it. lol
MY favorites In order of the 5 I have :
1 Gheshia
2 reverse
3 EZRA
4 Federal
5 Rush
Just my opinion does not mean everyone feels the same.Still want to try a Nankai and the rest  of the new ones coming out now.
For KHE maintenance there is a great video on youtube . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7337YGrNw

It may be "rare",but its only worth what someone will pay!

#35 2013-11-09 4:35pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker

spiderpig22 wrote:

I have  KHE reverse,,KHE Gheisha, Federal v2 ,Alienation rush lhd and the EZRA.The reverse ,federal and rush all have the same KHE internals. one is solid axel and the other two have the adjustable screw.I always fear the screw will come out but mine never have.I set the adjustable screw when I got them and never adjusted them again. The Rush is the heaviest shell of the 4.I like the Gheisha the best .Altho all the khe that I have begin to ghost once the grease breaks down. I  grease them often to avoid this.The EZRA is all sealed never had a ghosting issue but every now and then it make a loud pop when pedal pressuring around .Remy has ridden my EZRA a few times and he seems to like it. lol
1 Gheshia
2 reverse
3 EZRA
4 Federal
5 Rush
Just my opinion does not mean everyone feels the same.Still want to try a Nankai and the rest  of the new ones coming out now.
For KHE maintenance there is a great video on youtube . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7337YGrNw

i love the ezra free coaster if they made lhd i would be interested tongue

#36 2013-11-09 4:45pm

Roy Munson
Pro MemberWorst PR in BMX
Bikes: 6
Website

I love lamp

#37 2013-11-09 4:57pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker

Roy Munson wrote:

I love lamp

in russia lamp loves you

#38 2013-11-09 5:28pm

walribco
Pro Member
Website

spiderpig22 wrote:

1 Gheshia
2 reverse
3 EZRA
4 Federal
5 Rush

Can you get the same amount of slack on an Ezra as a khe or rush?

Last edited by walribco (2013-11-09 5:47pm)

ricedoutyugo.com

#39 2013-11-09 7:23pm

matt thomas

i got a few hours in on my rush v2 over the last couple of days. so far it has worked very nicely. i have messed with the slack a bit trying to get it dialed in to where i like it. the biggest difference from all of the nankai's i have used over the years is how smooth this thing is. much smoother than a perfectly dialed nankai. tear down and assembly is way faster and easier than the nankai.  if this hub continues to work as smooth and consistent as the first few sessions, i'll probably hang up the nankai wheel for good.

#40 2013-11-09 7:27pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker

This thread makes me want to ditch the profile minis lollollollol

#41 2013-11-09 7:49pm

dikdiamond
Pro Member
For Sale: 7

I had a 3/8 Nankai and an Odyssey Reloader several years ago. I hated the Odyssey,I could never get a minimal amount of slack no matter what I tried. Always cracked my knees and/or the slack was inconsistent. I got mad and gave it away lol. The Nankai I had on a flatland bike,worked perfectly with very minimal slack,loved it! Looking for a KHE/Federal /Alienation to try out now. Haven't rode in a few years so it will be fun to to re-learn to go backwards! Love the idea that Kink has,as well as Ezra,incorporating the design into a cassette and making them interchangeable for the people unsure if they want a coaster or just want to change their style of riding from time to time.

#42 2013-11-09 8:52pm

Garnished

I have an Ezra freecoaster with low slack on my Suborsa.

Schwinn for the win!

#43 2013-11-10 5:20pm

spiderpig22
Made in Taiwan

no body wrote:

They were suppose to be working on it.Not sure they will or not now.
last quote form their FB on it was its in the works.

EZRA BMX Hey guys,
We've been going through tons of changes as well as a new manufacturer, which explains the new hub shell design and our lack of response. Just been hella busy. Here's some answers for you:
No Karl does not ride for us now, so it yes we did take his name off the hub.
The clutch plates should be arriving in the next few months if you weren't able to get them in the first place. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We don't have LHD yet but that is next on our list. Thanks and sorry again for any inconvenience/rage/tears/etc. this has caused. We love you all. -Ezra BMX
September 19 at 9:47am · Like · 2

#44 2013-11-10 5:25pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker

spiderpig22 wrote:

no body wrote:

They were suppose to be working on it.Not sure they will or not now.
last quote form their FB on it was its in the works.

EZRA BMX Hey guys,
We've been going through tons of changes as well as a new manufacturer, which explains the new hub shell design and our lack of response. Just been hella busy. Here's some answers for you:
No Karl does not ride for us now, so it yes we did take his name off the hub.
The clutch plates should be arriving in the next few months if you weren't able to get them in the first place. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We don't have LHD yet but that is next on our list. Thanks and sorry again for any inconvenience/rage/tears/etc. this has caused. We love you all. -Ezra BMX
September 19 at 9:47am · Like · 2

I really love the way yours rode I would love to get one but would they fit hub guards or do they have hub guards for them

Never mind I found out they take eastern hub guards

Last edited by no body (2013-11-10 5:28pm)

#45 2013-11-10 5:37pm

spiderpig22
Made in Taiwan

walribco wrote:

Can you get the same amount of slack on an Ezra as a khe or rush?

The EZRA has 3 different clutch discs .Minimal ,medium and full.Pretty much the same as most KHE.The KHE hubs that can adjust from the outside will have more flexibility in the amount of slack. I use the minimal on all except one,which has full slack. I used full slack to learn on.Now when I use full slack it is to mess with people who want to try my bike. If they arent use to the slack it will almost always send them over the bars.

#46 2013-11-10 5:50pm

ss1980
shreddingsince1980
Bikes: 3

littledvlbmx wrote:

I've been dying to try a free coaster forever. And now there's more and more companies making them I mite just try one but I ride street pretty hard so I'm unsure how well it'll hold up. Anyone on here know? Are they hard to get used to? I've always ridden a cassette.

Most of todays street coasters are designed for just that.  They hold up just fine.

To anyone that wants to get the feel of a coaster and cannot try someone else's, remove your chain. Roll back from a bank or a quarter.  Lotta people that try mine don't like the uncontrolled feeling of not pedaling backwards while fakie'ing.

Beats investing in one only to sell it at a loss on ebay two weeks later or have it sit in a corner in the garage.

"Forty six & 2 are just ahead of me"...

#47 2013-11-10 5:51pm

matt thomas

locktite is a MUST for my rush v2 adjustment screw. i kinda think the screw needs a tighter tolerance from the get go. the locktite is drying now, i really hope the damn thing stays put after this. aside from that, im loving how smooth the hub runs.

Last edited by matt thomas (2013-11-10 5:53pm)

#48 2013-11-10 5:58pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker

shreddingsince1980 wrote:

littledvlbmx wrote:

Most of todays street coasters are designed for just that.  They hold up just fine.

To anyone that wants to get the feel of a coaster and cannot try someone else's, remove your chain. Roll back from a bank or a quarter.  Lotta people that try mine don't like the uncontrolled feeling of not pedaling backwards while fakie'ing.

Beats investing in one only to sell it at a loss on ebay two weeks later or have it sit in a corner in the garage.

what got me in to coasters was removing the chain or breaking the chain and going backwards I'm going to start saving for a free coaster now big_smiletonguecool

#49 2013-11-10 6:07pm

ss1980
shreddingsince1980
Bikes: 3

no body wrote:

littledvlbmx wrote:

what got me in to coasters was removing the chain or breaking the chain and going backwards I'm going to start saving for a free coaster now big_smiletonguecool

ha ha, me too. Broke my chain at the beginning of my ride one day at the skate park. Didn't have a spare and refused to go home because of it.

Bought a coaster set up a week later. That was two years ago and I choose to ride my coaster bike over my cassette one 95% of the time.

Last edited by shreddingsince1980 (2013-11-10 6:10pm)

"Forty six & 2 are just ahead of me"...

#50 2013-11-10 6:09pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker

no body wrote:

ha ha, me too. Broke my chain at the beginning of my ride one day at the skate park. Didn't have a spare and refuse to go home because of it.

Bought a coaster set up a week later, that was two years ago and I choose to ride my coaster bike over my cassette one 95% of the time.

That's what I did but I was stupid and sold my coaster set up madlollolmadlollollollollol

Board footer

View Cart →