You are not logged in.

Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

#651 2021-04-28 4:12pm

Packin_Plastic
Pro Member
From: Area 51
Signed up: 2008-07-29
Posts: 1521
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

Thanks guys cool “rotten orange” love it cool


It's all about using Two Feet and a Heart Beat and Keeping those Pedals turning

Offline

 

#652 2021-04-28 4:19pm

spyker
Chup@c@br@
From: Charlotte NC
Signed up: 2009-11-19
Posts: 45676
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

Looks amazing!!!


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

Offline

 

#653 2021-05-05 10:13am

sycmatt
Pro Member
From: Manchester UK
Signed up: 2015-06-18
Posts: 1128
Bikes: 2
Website
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

The new Metal Bikes Journeyman frames are so close now!! big_smile


WTB Gack Gargoyle frame. WTB Rigid Cycles Street frame.

Offline

 

#654 2021-05-06 3:32am

FistFukDethGrip
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Signed up: 2018-11-05
Posts: 179
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/256745/screenshot_20210506-062931_chrome6093c5b406.jpg
Soon


Dress for the party Be prepared to dance.

Offline

 

#655 2021-05-06 7:10am

Stomper
Pro Member
From: Rogers Arkansas
Signed up: 2017-07-23
Posts: 539
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!


Show me your DTT's

Offline

 

#656 2021-05-16 6:41pm

Wolfen
Pro Member
From: Colorado
Signed up: 2018-01-18
Posts: 147
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

FistFukDethGrip wrote:

Metal bikes Blood Wolf Prototype painted by Burns rode from summer 06 to Jan 08 and brought back to life by Laird.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 4e4016.jpg

Bad ass!!!!!


Good times the ATX!

Offline

 

#657 2021-05-19 6:55am

sycmatt
Pro Member
From: Manchester UK
Signed up: 2015-06-18
Posts: 1128
Bikes: 2
Website
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

Metal Bikes Journeyman frames are live at www.metalbikesbmx.bigcartel.com

$200 deposit, $200 balance plus shipping. Choose your Chain stay length and add to the basket. Before confirming order, state in the "Order Notes" box your TT length, brake hardware position (CS or SS) and colour.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/221283/screenshot_20210519-145033_instagram60a518c17c.jpg


WTB Gack Gargoyle frame. WTB Rigid Cycles Street frame.

Offline

 

#658 2021-05-19 12:50pm

suttercane
Pro Member
From: Delaware
Signed up: 2017-06-15
Posts: 75
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

sycmatt wrote:

Metal Bikes Journeyman frames are live at www.metalbikesbmx.bigcartel.com

$200 deposit, $200 balance plus shipping. Choose your Chain stay length and add to the basket. Before confirming order, state in the "Order Notes" box your TT length, brake hardware position (CS or SS) and colour.

That is very cool.  It can be hard to find frames as long as 14" in back with a short top tube (like 20.25 or 20.5), so I love that you can pick whatever TT you want.  Also nice to be able to get seat-stay brakes instead of chainstay.  Really great options here for customizing without costing too much.

Offline

 

#659 2021-05-19 1:00pm

sycmatt
Pro Member
From: Manchester UK
Signed up: 2015-06-18
Posts: 1128
Bikes: 2
Website
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

suttercane wrote:

sycmatt wrote:

Metal Bikes Journeyman frames are live at www.metalbikesbmx.bigcartel.com

$200 deposit, $200 balance plus shipping. Choose your Chain stay length and add to the basket. Before confirming order, state in the "Order Notes" box your TT length, brake hardware position (CS or SS) and colour.

That is very cool.  It can be hard to find frames as long as 14" in back with a short top tube (like 20.25 or 20.5), so I love that you can pick whatever TT you want.  Also nice to be able to get seat-stay brakes instead of chainstay.  Really great options here for customizing without costing too much.

Grab one while you can!


WTB Gack Gargoyle frame. WTB Rigid Cycles Street frame.

Offline

 

#660 2021-05-19 10:22pm

suttercane
Pro Member
From: Delaware
Signed up: 2017-06-15
Posts: 75
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

sycmatt wrote:

Grab one while you can!

I was thinking about it, going back and forth--and I waited too long.  Sold out!

Offline

 

#661 2021-05-24 1:49am

sycmatt
Pro Member
From: Manchester UK
Signed up: 2015-06-18
Posts: 1128
Bikes: 2
Website
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

suttercane wrote:

sycmatt wrote:

Grab one while you can!

I was thinking about it, going back and forth--and I waited too long.  Sold out!

That's a shame, but I'm confident there'll be future batches as well as other hard goods. Derek is doing things right. Starting slowly and rebuilding the brand from the ground up. As far as the frames are concerned, he is catering predominantly towards the older end of the market and that'll be the guys that would have been buying FBMs and the guys that would buy T1s but are not able stump up the money for the Defcon made frames. But by offering the Journeyman with super short rear end and steeper head angle, he's reaching out to the younger audience also. It's a smart move.

Although I've been in regular contact with Derek, the details of his plans beyond this round of frames are thin on the ground. Just keep you're eyes peeled on social media platforms for future announcements!


WTB Gack Gargoyle frame. WTB Rigid Cycles Street frame.

Offline

 

#662 2021-05-24 12:45pm

suttercane
Pro Member
From: Delaware
Signed up: 2017-06-15
Posts: 75
Bikes: 2
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

sycmatt wrote:

That's a shame, but I'm confident there'll be future batches as well as other hard goods. Derek is doing things right. Starting slowly and rebuilding the brand from the ground up. As far as the frames are concerned, he is catering predominantly towards the older end of the market and that'll be the guys that would have been buying FBMs and the guys that would buy T1s but are not able stump up the money for the Defcon made frames. But by offering the Journeyman with super short rear end and steeper head angle, he's reaching out to the younger audience also. It's a smart move.

Although I've been in regular contact with Derek, the details of his plans beyond this round of frames are thin on the ground. Just keep you're eyes peeled on social media platforms for future announcements!

Very cool, thanks for the info!  I wasn't exactly in the market for a new frame just yet, which is why I didn't pull the trigger right away ha ha.  But yeah, I'll watch to see what happens next!

Offline

 

#663 2021-06-08 10:56pm

spyker
Chup@c@br@
From: Charlotte NC
Signed up: 2009-11-19
Posts: 45676
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/37048/1713a59d-caa7-4bb5-bbdd-8f8a3149d95760c057f383.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/37048/fd5f8281-6770-43fc-a340-900fe8e3b03a60c057f6eb.jpeg


Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

Offline

 

#664 2021-06-10 12:37pm

Wolfen
Pro Member
From: Colorado
Signed up: 2018-01-18
Posts: 147
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!


Good times the ATX!

Offline

 

#665 2021-06-11 12:02am

FistFukDethGrip
Pro Member
From: Ohio
Signed up: 2018-11-05
Posts: 179
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

Just finished my final piece of the collection.https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/256745/inshot_20210610_15084120360c30a2ee8.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/256745/inshot_20210610_15103704560c30a5008.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/256745/inshot_20210610_15173028560c30a6ce5.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/256745/inshot_20210610_15163421360c30a9875.jpg


Dress for the party Be prepared to dance.

Offline

 

#666 2021-08-31 8:14pm

WildWestBMX
Pro Member
From: San Diego California
Signed up: 2008-12-14
Posts: 113
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

Metal Bikes.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23932/metal_kizz_dansspec612eee6be7.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23932/metal_burma_dansspec612eee9ab5.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23932/metal-1999-frames-612eef98c7.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23932/mk1-frames1612eefb715.jpg


WTB:  Terrible One 8.85 handlebars USA made (S&M). Any Color.
          Terrible One Cyclops stem (Black)
          Terrible One Gower Sprocket (36t) Any Color.
          Metal Bikes Seat and/or Sprocket (36t or 39t)

Offline

 

#667 2021-09-03 4:05pm

smokedchrome
Pro Member
From: Indiana
Signed up: 2012-11-02
Posts: 402
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

What's the word on the Journeyman frames?Were they produced or still in the process of being produced?

Offline

 

#668 2021-09-06 1:13pm

WildWestBMX
Pro Member
From: San Diego California
Signed up: 2008-12-14
Posts: 113
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

smokedchrome wrote:

What's the word on the Journeyman frames?Were they produced or still in the process of being produced?

They posted an update on their Instagram a few days ago, frames are currently in production. Should be finished in the next few months. Also mentions sprockets, shirts, hats, accessories and race stuff.


WTB:  Terrible One 8.85 handlebars USA made (S&M). Any Color.
          Terrible One Cyclops stem (Black)
          Terrible One Gower Sprocket (36t) Any Color.
          Metal Bikes Seat and/or Sprocket (36t or 39t)

Offline

 

#669 2021-09-06 1:59pm

WildWestBMX
Pro Member
From: San Diego California
Signed up: 2008-12-14
Posts: 113
Offline

Re: Dual Madness!!! The Official Metal Bikes / Bone Deth Thread Here!!!

I had this Rebel Contender for about a year (S&M made). Really liked this version, just not a fan of seat stay brakes. New frames look good.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/23932/metal_raw1-26136808f02.jpg

Last edited by WildWestBMX (2021-09-06 10:21pm)


WTB:  Terrible One 8.85 handlebars USA made (S&M). Any Color.
          Terrible One Cyclops stem (Black)
          Terrible One Gower Sprocket (36t) Any Color.
          Metal Bikes Seat and/or Sprocket (36t or 39t)

Offline

 

Board footer