Haro Lineage is here!!!!!  RSS Feed

#26 2013-10-16 11:53am

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Bikes: 10
Website

Re: Haro Lineage is here!!!!!

jopac wrote:

its hard to tell in the pick but Ryan has some sweet cranks on his. his forks are 1 offs since there isn't a big market for chrome 990 forks.

I think Nyquist runs Odyssey forks.

"If you're gonna eat shit, don't nibble on it."

#27 2013-10-16 4:08pm

nvmyslowride
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 57

OK:

The Lineage!  Yes The decals are small and kinda plain! But you know what Finally!!! I am personally not a fan of all these crazy decals and super huge names all over the bike. I think Haro wanted it simple, smooth and classy. I think they hit the mark. I am pretty sure the deal was that they wanted to people to concentrate on all the frame trinkets. I think less is more. It may not currently appeal to the kids because it is not crazy, but I think it is for us looking for quality. I think most of you will agree with what I said above.

I have had many people "locals" come over and see it in person. Most are attracted to the style of the killer cast dropouts. They are smooth, thick and look way cool! Others love the wrap around gussett and cant believe the weld quality. The "lugged" style seat post tube is a great touch!! Hour glass shaped bottom bracket is very cool and seen in other Haro models like the SDV2.

Now most everyone is complaining about the lower chain stay brake mounts. At first I was like hmmm Myself. On the current bike pictured the clearance will fit a 25/9 set up which i will currently be running.  I think the lower brake mounts give that section of the bike the 90"s look and style, while the head tube is all 80's and the rest of the bike is all future. To me it seems like they added all era's to these frames. I personally like the lower stays, it gives it a different look from everything you see out there today, and if it works why not?

The only thing I dont like about the frame, which is very very minimal and not even really worth mentioning, but this is like my frame review, lol.. On the cable guides where ya add your barrel adjuster, i wish they would have used the round style mount or something alittle more classy to match the rest of the frame. It looks like it was a after thought. Once again, very picky and not even going to be noticable, but you made this frame darn near perfect, that would have made it perfect. That is the only thing i have bad to say about the frame, but hey it works, and is near hidden.. I just want to be honest.

So far my build is about 60% done and waiting on wheels, But as of not the fit and finish is perfect. Everything went together as smooth as butter, and smooth as ice. I cant wait to complete this and take it for its very first ride.

PLEASE FIND US IN THE NON-BMX SECTION UNDER Charities, Donations etc... Yes there is one!

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=324898

MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM IS IN NEED OF YOUR USED BMX PARTS.

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

#28 2013-10-16 4:51pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Website

Are you talking about the cable stop on the downtube? On your "special" flat land version you already admit to it being done special for Nourie's preference. If you look at Pat Casey's frame he has the seatstay mounts and the modern removeable cable stop.  Nyquist has the same.  I think it looks like an afterthought on your frame because it is a custom modification and not a production spec.

#29 2013-10-16 4:54pm

huge2na
Centurion Member
Bikes: 3

That frame looks great, almost like a jeweler made it. I wonder if the chrome will hold up.........

#30 2013-10-16 7:24pm

nvmyslowride
BMXer 4 Life

JTinNC wrote:

Are you talking about the cable stop on the downtube? On your "special" flat land version you already admit to it being done special for Nourie's preference. If you look at Pat Casey's frame he has the seatstay mounts and the modern removeable cable stop.  Nyquist has the same.  I think it looks like an afterthought on your frame because it is a custom modification and not a production spec.

Ya I noticed that also. I think the production frames got the other mounts, but i dont care it is bad ass!

PLEASE FIND US IN THE NON-BMX SECTION UNDER Charities, Donations etc... Yes there is one!

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

#31 2013-10-16 7:43pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Website

You have the concave BB? Seems like your frame may have been built from a SD V2 and then modded to spec. Check out the BB of this Lineage. It has the double chevron BB.

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/haro_02_copy0_lg.jpg

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/haro/70301

Don't take this the wrong way, I like both frames. I think this Lineage line of parts and frames is the best thing going right now. It's just interesting to see different prototype models of the same frame. Reminds me of all the little production quirks we find on all the old BMX bikes.

#32 2013-10-16 8:03pm

nvmyslowride
BMXer 4 Life

I dont remember the chevron, but i do remember mine has a s/n on one side and says ( line) something on the other side. ill have to go look tommorrow.  been to busy building it! lol.. check out the build thread, NASTY tongue

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

#33 2013-10-16 8:21pm

nvmyslowride
BMXer 4 Life

JTinNC wrote:

You have the concave BB? Seems like your frame may have been built from a SD V2 and then modded to spec. Check out the BB of this Lineage. It has the double chevron BB.

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/haro_02_copy0_lg.jpg

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/haro/70301

Don't take this the wrong way, I like both frames. I think this Lineage line of parts and frames is the best thing going right now. It's just interesting to see different prototype models of the same frame. Reminds me of all the little production quirks we find on all the old BMX bikes.

NO Chevrons, and a little different style BB  much cleaner looking..

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

#34 2013-10-16 8:23pm

teabeats
Pro MemberLil T.
Bikes: 7
Website

Been checking this build out on FB. Lean an Mean build Nick! cool

Ask me how you could help a kid get a bike.
Special Needs Special Children Bike Program

O.G.O.A.R. Club Chicago

Option #2 Because there is no other option!

#35 2013-10-16 8:29pm

XJguy
Museum Addict
Bikes: 2
Website

Very nice, impressive.

WTB Bully stem.
WTB Peregrine Super Pros, not pitted.
WTB Kuwahara freestyle stem engraved.

#36 2013-10-17 3:35am

chach1970
Pro Member
Bikes: 6

it looks cool but my question is does the brake cable go around the seat tube prob would have been cool if it want right through

Been Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true.
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
Lots of people talk and few of them know,
soul of a woman was created below.

#37 2013-10-17 5:53am

jumpin jim
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

This frame has been advertised for nearly a month, as it is currently marketed in my Oct. issue of RIDE. A few things stand out to me, quality, attention to detail, and addressing riders needs, and wants. I think it looks great, and well thought, with obvious personal touches being available.
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae103/jumpinjim/harolineage.jpg
Comparing this frame to a couple other high profile frames targeting the same market, Street/Park and a feature these other two have not addressed - Flatland.
S & M ATF 420.00
DK Team V2 329.99
Haro Lineage 299.00

These prices are from the same Products section in the Oct issue of RIDE. If you need further proof. For the money this frame is a good deal IMO.

#38 2013-10-17 2:17pm

nvmyslowride
BMXer 4 Life

Haro Lineage 299.00 now thats a steal!

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

#39 2013-10-17 2:46pm

rideon
Pro MemberConcrete Junkie
Bikes: 9

Been riding mine for a few months now, absolutely love it.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/10335494803_5383a791fa_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5479/10335530573_c6d7bf34d9_z.jpg

#40 2013-10-17 3:01pm

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life

Submit that sucker to the museum . cool

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#41 2013-10-17 3:05pm

Hatebreeder
Pro MemberBlack Bikes Matter..
Bikes: 18

When will they be available to the public?

#42 2013-10-17 3:06pm

rideon
Pro MemberConcrete Junkie
Bikes: 9

Last I heard was November...I'll ask.

#43 2013-10-17 3:46pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Website

rideonandon wrote:

Been riding mine for a few months now, absolutely love it.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/1033 … 91fa_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5479/1033 … 34d9_z.jpg

That is so fresh and clean. Are you going to Greenville, NC for Trans Jam November 2? I'd love to see that in person.

#44 2013-10-17 4:14pm

five
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 1
Website

So, I'm a Haro fan of course..  But what makes this "lineage"?  A wrap around gusset?

It just seems like a reach to me to call a line of bikes a "lineage" from the original bikes by taking a NS frame, and putting an old school gusset on it.

Looks like a nice bike, I'm sure it's made well..  But I don't get the angle I guess.

#45 2013-10-17 4:18pm

nvmyslowride
BMXer 4 Life

The bike is suppose to be a fully new design and with a hint of old school heritage.

VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

#46 2013-10-17 4:21pm

five
BMXer 4 Life
Website

nvmyslowride wrote:

The bike is suppose to be a fully new design and with a hint of old school heritage.

Right, so a wrap around gusset is the "hint", and that was deserving of the name "lineage"? 

Ok.

#47 2013-10-17 4:34pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Website

five wrote:

nvmyslowride wrote:

Right, so a wrap around gusset is the "hint", and that was deserving of the name "lineage"? 

Ok.

If they put twin top tubes or the two into one top tube you would call it a crappy retro. Have you liked any Haro after 1988?

The gusset, and stamped chevrons are true Haro design DNA. Much like the signature grill found on all BMW's. While the shape and design changes over time, there is no mistaking the car as a BMW. Haro is using that same philosophy with the Lineage bikes. Modern, but easily recognized as a Haro.

#48 2013-10-17 4:50pm

five
BMXer 4 Life
Website

JTinNC wrote:

five wrote:

nvmyslowride wrote:

Ok.

If they put twin top tubes or the two into one top tube you would call it a crappy retro. Have you liked any Haro after 1988?

The gusset, and stamped chevrons are true Haro design DNA. Much like the signature grill found on all BMW's. While the shape and design changes over time, there is no mistaking the car as a BMW. Haro is using that same philosophy with the Lineage bikes. Modern, but easily recognized as a Haro.

Yup, I like lots of bikes, and Haros after 88.  smile.  I've never called any of the retro bikes crappy.  So not sure what kind of comeback you're trying to put together, but it seems you're taking it personally.

BMW isn't calling anything "Lineage" though, they just call it a BMW.  Of course I'm not saying there shouldn't be progression.  Haro has been making NS bikes for years..  So now they try to make some connection to the pre 88 bikes by putting a chevron, and a gusset on a regular NS frame.

It just seems to me just to be a marketing, or positioning to put a gimmick together to sell bikes, instead of just building good bikes.

I haven't said this is a crappy bike, I said it looks great.  Just saying my opinion is that it's quite the reach to specifically call it lineage.

Sorry for having an opinion.  These types of responses are exactly why I don't come around much anymore.

I'll move on, have fun guys.

#49 2013-10-17 5:02pm

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life

Hatebreeder wrote:

When will they be available to the public?

I'm wondering if Ed will be selling these at Planet BMX ? He added quite a few new customers . cool

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#50 2013-10-17 5:09pm

JTinNC
Museum Addict
Website

Not trying to make it personal. What would you consider to be an ideal lineage?

Board footer

View Cart →