You are not logged in.

Is this what Sunday calls quality control  RSS Feed

#51 2013-09-16 6:50pm

milhous
Pro Member
Bikes: 32
For Sale: 9

Re: Is this what Sunday calls quality control

I would just contact them after Interbike.
They have one of the better warranty departments in the BMX biz.

Also, it almost always works better for the consumer to contact the company directly rather than posting shit on Facebook/forums.

WANT TO BUY-
Standard Bykes Race Fork (mid school, chrome)
Standard Bykes Gyro Hood (red)
Standard Bykes Gyro Junction
Primo Super Tenderizer pedals (black, 4-slot, NOS or excellent condition only)
Profile 1-1/8" seat clamp (Black, mid school style)
1997 DK General Lee frame

#52 2013-09-16 6:51pm

MaximilianSunday
Museum Newbie

I know this thread is not about Sunday's completes  so don't hate. Just saying...

#53 2013-09-16 6:52pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics

77rider wrote:

Is this guy that bought the frame with rust in it a member here? If he is and Sunday will not cover it I will personally do it! As long as they have one in stock with that color. He will have to send me the old frame. That goes for any member here. If you have a problem go to the source. Don't post BS for the band wagon to jump on.
Thanks Lenny

That's some top notch service Lenny.

A++++++++++ service.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing woman beating ugly crater face racist snitch!

#54 2013-09-16 7:09pm

eightyfivegt
Pro Member
Bikes: 1
For Sale: 1

This may not be Sunday's fault...entirely.  There may have been a problem with the plating.  An acid bath is part of the chrome plating process and must be rinsed and neutralized or if left, it will corrode the metal. I think the customer just needs to get ahold of the right person in the warranty dept. Very kind of Lenny to offer assistance.

Wanted: one copy of the last issue of BMX plus magazine!
Escaped from Detroit...and lived to tell about it!
Black Widows Central Florida Faction Ambassador

#55 2013-09-16 7:16pm

77rider
Pro Member
Bikes: 28
Website

Guys just went out in the Shop and looked at the 6 BroadCaster frames I have in stock.No rust on any of them.Mine are all Blue that I have in stock.They are raw in the BB and Head tube area.
The rust could have came from a number of places.Damp area in the warehouse or bike warehouse were the frame came from rainy day when the UPS shipped them.wink Hard to tell.

Last edited by 77rider (2013-09-16 7:18pm)

******Owner Melton's Cycle Shop*****
"Truly Rider owned BMX Shop"   Not Some Fat Dude that Rides to the Beach

Direct Dealer for *** Sunday - Odyssey-Fairdale- Bonedeth - Stranger - Colony - Cult - FIT -S&M -Volume - Fiend - Kink - DK - Primo - Merrit - Subrosa - Shadow Conspiracy -Profile - United - Total - KHE and many more***
*****We specialize in high end custom builds****
*****Discount to Museum Members*****

:PIMPING AIN"T EASY!!!!!!

#56 2013-09-16 7:31pm

Legendofjd3
Pro MemberWeight Weenie
Bikes: 7

FRESH wrote:

I think the point here is he just wanted to recieve what he intended to buy.. Whether its only surface rust or more, isn't the point. Sunday is basically saying its no big deal, but as a consumer and someone that works in customer service etc, you make damn sure your customers are 110% satisfied, or they may not be your customer next time.

If I were Sunday, I'd send out a prepaid mailing label, and in return of said frame, send out a brand new one, with the seat clamp etc., and some more swag just to show they're on top of things and to say sorry for any inconvinience it may have caused, and to say thank you for choosing Sunday.

But that's just my opinion I guess.. hmm

I agree 100%. Know what happens when a company does that? The customer will go to a social site or come here and post a new thread telling everyone how awesome of a hookup they got. Post pics of their new swag and be super happy. This in turn will get others to buy from that company and everyone is happy. A total win, win situation.
Customer service AFTER the sale is what sets companies apart.

Titanium

#57 2013-09-16 7:53pm

DemonGT
Pro MemberDay-Glo Dynamo
Bikes: 35
For Sale: 1

I dont think it was just the rust issue, the guy said this also

"It even describes it as having integrated chain tensioners and a seat post clamp that it didn't come with either"

WTB: 1992 Yellow splatter GT Performer

NOS or mint parts needed: 44T black GT chainring
1995 Performer black light F/F
1996 Performer red splatter F/F

#58 2013-09-16 8:10pm

Team who cares
Centurion Member
Bikes: 4

Wow theres a lot on here this afternoon.
As 77rider described the other broadcaster frames that they have it sounds like this in an uncommon thing, atleast when they are new.
I personally have bought two chrome frames from other brands both made in taiwan and neither have this issue, one of which is over a year old and is ridden daily.
So im not going to bash Taiwan products or say someones warranty is better than the other. But to say its normal with all frames was an inaccurate statement.
I think they should have atleast offered to get in contact with him or tell him to contact the retailer he got it from to take care of him as a customer instead of basically blowing it off.
Strength issue or not, rust is not something you expect on a brand new frame.
I actually went and checked all my frames today and even my mid 90's chrome Auburn doesnt have any visible rust. None of mine did.
I agree this one may have slipped through but they should atleast offer something to help keep the customer satisfied.
Lenny Im sure he will appreciate your offer as well.

#59 2013-09-16 8:16pm

RadicalNick
Pro MemberRetired ODSY HRDR
Bikes: 14

tiggy1190 wrote:

77rider wrote:

Is this guy that bought the frame with rust in it a member here? If he is and Sunday will not cover it I will personally do it! As long as they have one in stock with that color. He will have to send me the old frame. That goes for any member here. If you have a problem go to the source. Don't post BS for the band wagon to jump on.
Thanks Lenny

yikesyikes Way to be there Lenny! coolcool

Lenny is a straight-up guy. Take that sh*t to the bank and cash it. cool

44t BMX Club - NC Chapter

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."
Craig Stecyk - Skateboarder Magazine - 1975

#60 2013-09-16 8:21pm

RadicalNick
Pro MemberRetired ODSY HRDR
Bikes: 14

77rider wrote:

Guys just went out in the Shop and looked at the 6 BroadCaster frames I have in stock.No rust on any of them.Mine are all Blue that I have in stock.They are raw in the BB and Head tube area.
The rust could have came from a number of places.Damp area in the warehouse or bike warehouse were the frame came from rainy day when the UPS shipped them.wink Hard to tell.

One of those bad boys is MINE! Muwaaahaaahaaa!

Last edited by RadicalNick (2013-09-16 8:21pm)

44t BMX Club - NC Chapter

"Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential. But it was the the minds of 11 year olds that could see that potential."
Craig Stecyk - Skateboarder Magazine - 1975

#61 2013-09-16 8:21pm

dirtbikes
Pro Member

Junk company......

Non paying member on 2 dibs in less than 2 weeks on same item. First time he called dibs he never pmd me for PayPal information so after a week of no pms I decided to repost the item and then the same member called dibs again for the second time. .So sellers and buyers beware of this member because he has a tendency to be a flake.

#62 2013-09-16 8:25pm

77rider
Pro Member
Website

dirtbikes wrote:

Junk company......

JUNK POSTER!

Direct Dealer for *** Sunday - Odyssey-Fairdale- Bonedeth - Stranger - Colony - Cult - FIT -S&M -Volume - Fiend - Kink - DK - Primo - Merrit - Subrosa - Shadow Conspiracy -Profile - United - Total - KHE and many more***

#63 2013-09-16 8:34pm

dirtbikes
Pro Member

77rider wrote:

dirtbikes wrote:

Junk company......

JUNK POSTER!

Rite you are!!!!!!

Non paying member on 2 dibs in less than 2 weeks on same item. First time he called dibs he never pmd me for PayPal information so after a week of no pms I decided to repost the item and then the same member called dibs again for the second time. .So sellers and buyers beware of this member because he has a tendency to be a flake.

#64 2013-09-16 8:39pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Bikes: 17

77rider wrote:

dirtbikes wrote:

Junk company......

JUNK POSTER!

Pay no attention. He has these spells from time to time.

[img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/71353/yung-50x5c393b3691.gif[/img]

#65 2013-09-16 8:41pm

ALLBULL
Centurion Member
Bikes: 7

"Choose Wisely" lol

I <3 Midschool Tanks!!!

Looking for a  Nice/NOS Black Primo Hemorrhoid Seat!

#66 2013-09-16 8:46pm

AparijoFan
Expert

Kind of funny that they didn't throw a little paint in there

WD 40 and wool pad will fix it

Then spray WD 40 in all the weld vents

CW LOGO TIRES "Black" Please contact if you have some to sell, Thank you

#67 2013-09-16 8:49pm

Packin_Plastic
Pro Member

Well if my son received that after saving all his pocket money, expecting a shiny "New" frame, he's then not a rider because he complains and should suck it up? Sorry but "new" is still "new" and out of the box, he would still be disappointed. Customer service isnt much to ask for these days is it? They gave a reason, but no solution. I not hating on any company, hard earned dollars still mean you should get what you pay for and if that means no rust so be it. If you then want to hang it, beat it, sleep with it or turn it into a wind chime, that's your choice to make, you own it.

I emailed sunday a while back on some replacement decals and heard nothing back, why? Too busy? I live to far away? Not worth thete while? someone could of still hollered bsck even to say FU ozzie ostrich lol its email. But nothing sad Sure I moved on, no crying, but they don't get my money any more.

My 2cents any who

Last edited by Packin_Plastic (2013-09-16 8:55pm)

It's all about using Two Feet and a Heart Beat and Keeping those Pedals turning

#68 2013-09-16 8:55pm

Team who cares
Centurion Member

Ok so this is off the Sunday site and clearly states that every frame is rust proofed inside and out and even describes it as the black coating. Says to help product last longer and not fail due to rust wether externally or internally. Seems as though this one either missed that process or they forgot to add that it was not in chrome products. It clearly shows a chrome broadcaster in the found in these products pics though.
It seems it was a quality control oversight or bad advertising either way its not what they described it to be on their own site. So realistically Missing clamp and tensioners and no rustproofing, he did not get the product he paid for.
Heres link to those descriptions
http://www.sundaybikes.com/technology/b … oating/#/0

#69 2013-09-16 8:58pm

Packin_Plastic
Pro Member

Oh and props to you Lenny for offering a solution bro wink

#70 2013-09-16 9:02pm

77rider
Pro Member
Website

The completes and frames do not come with the tensioners.I have no idea why.It states in the Ad has hollow axle tensioners not that it comes with them,hmm 
I think everyone is worked up for no reason.When they get back from Interbike It will be taken care of.wink

#71 2013-09-16 9:03pm

77rider
Pro Member
Website

Packin_Plastic wrote:

Thanks Brother.I will double check that Total frame before sending it to you.lol

#72 2013-09-16 9:08pm

Team who cares
Centurion Member

77rider wrote:

The completes and frames do not come with the tensioners.I have no idea why.It states in the Ad has hollow axle tensioners not that it comes with them,hmm 
I think everyone is worked up for no reason.When they get back from Interbike It will be taken care of.wink

He did say he didnt care about the tensioners but the clamp and being advertised as rustproofed with a full description of what the rust proofing looks like does kind of put this or most of this on them. May have been an oversight with chrome products not getting it not being mentioned in their ads and description but thats what they described it as to the consumer public, therefore they should have to deal with it now.
Hopefully your right and they do take care of it.

#73 2013-09-16 9:15pm

Packin_Plastic
Pro Member

77rider wrote:

Packin_Plastic wrote:

Thanks Brother.I will double check that Total frame before sending it to you.lol

I didn't see it in a box, so it could of been hanging on the porch, I'd have to suck it up n ding it lots lol

#74 2013-09-16 9:18pm

77rider
Pro Member
Website

Packin_Plastic wrote:

77rider wrote:

Packin_Plastic wrote:

I didn't see it in a box, so it could of been hanging on the porch, I'd have to suck it up n ding it lots lol

I would send it in a Sunday box, but it may be rusted in two before it gets across the Pond.lollol

#75 2013-09-16 9:20pm

bmxposer
Pro Member
Bikes: 2

77rider wrote:

I just wanted to say that u r a stand up dude!!! U got a company's back that u have no ownership in. That's BAD ASS!!! Ur willing to help another member that u had no dealings wit. That's admirable!!!! U R A true BMX brotha!!!!! big_smile

Board footer

View Cart →