You are not logged in.

!!!!! Breaking News !!!! Hoffman Sells Out

#101 2013-09-10 7:39pm

spyker
Pro MemberToo $hort

Re: !!!!! Breaking News !!!! Hoffman Sells Out

Haro-83 wrote:

Another great bike brand bites Into dust sad

Honestly,Hoffman bikes died years ago.They have not made anything for a while that's even remotley exciting,just your usual generic stuff that alot of the lowend companies are flogging.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#102 2013-09-10 8:12pm

hotrod
Expert
Bikes: 5

Matt hoffman is an insperation to many. Everything I've read says he still owns HB or makes it sound as if he does.Would be a shame if he didn't.  The sport is today what it is because of him. As stated earlier nobody deserves bmx money more than Matt. Can't even imagine how achy that dude is when he wakes up.  Truly more afraid of being nothing than of being hurt.
If it is true there is some deal with walmart "oh well". Not going to change what I think of the guy. Won't be selling the hoffmans I have now.
Went to my neighborhood bike shop Saturday. The same one I've been going to since I was a kid. The same one I bought cw bars ,pads and many other items from BITD.  Took my kids with.  Wound up buying a pair of 16 dollar grips I could have bought for 9 on ebay. The only bmx items he had was a few grips and a few tires. That's it. Said he can't afford to stock more it doesn't move. Went to walmart they had a selection of grips pedals seats tires. I was suprised. The old bike shop said it was because kids don't ride they just play video games. I don't believe it. Kids are buying, just from walmart. He was telling me some of the old school bmx stuff is worth a fortune and he gets calls from guys looking for leftovers he sold years ago.
It may be selling at walmart that keeps HB relevant. I remember a different time. When the neighborhood store had walls of bars and seats and cases of posts and clamps. 
Just my .02.

"the impossible just takes a little longer"

#103 2013-09-10 8:42pm

sidewayzmaniak

Refuse to shop at walmart because of the way they treat or should i say mistreat there employees....down with wally world...dont need to buy new..craigslist or the museum for a decent mid school entry level would be just fine..better then walgoose and not a 300 entry level...

I hope you got a big trunk cuz im puttin my bike in it!

#104 2013-09-11 5:59am

FatGuy
Pro MemberNot Big Boned
Website

TXBONE wrote:

FatGuy wrote:

TXBONE wrote:

Lame.......

Wally World + Hoffman sellout = high tin steel crap with junk parts.  just like dk, mongoose, schwinn & gt did with shit pacific cycles......

DK, Mongoose, and GT still make some great high end stuff.  Not sure about Schwinn...

lol no they don't. It's all junk.

Ignorance is bliss.

FatGuy

#105 2013-09-11 7:01am

Gustafa
Museum Addict
Bikes: 2
Website

spyker wrote:

Haro-83 wrote:

Honestly,Hoffman bikes died years ago.They have not made anything for a while that's even remotley exciting,just your usual generic stuff that alot of the lowend companies are flogging.

died years ago? You dont keep up with their team then much.

#106 2013-09-11 7:37am

Mopagan
Bikes: 3

unkleyoda wrote:

I'm not a an of Walmart

unkleyoda wrote:

http://images.wikia.com/marvelmovies/images/f/fd/Face_palm.jpg

In before lock.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/2378.jpg

pop lock and drop it.

P.S.

"Nice, your bike pictures from Banbury are."   big_smilebig_smile

#107 2013-09-11 8:48am

spyker
Pro MemberToo $hort

Gustafa wrote:

spyker wrote:

Haro-83 wrote:

I don't keep up with any team riders actually.I only care about the products companies put out.The new Hoffman stuff is like NS Haro,they will never be the company they once were.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#108 2013-09-11 9:11am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 83
For Sale: 1

spyker wrote:

Gustafa wrote:

spyker wrote:

I don't keep up with any team riders actually.I only care about the products companies put out.The new Hoffman stuff
is like NS Haro,they will never be the company they once were.

you then are blind. just like back in the day most bike shops do not take up floor space or display case space. with high end BMX. they stock the entry leavel stuff. the high end stuff  was and is still special order!wink

just becuse you bike store dose not have it. dose not mean it's not made.

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#109 2013-09-11 9:14am

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 19

77rider wrote:

Ok guys I have it from a industry insider Hoffman's will be in Wal-Mart's soon. This is not a joke. I was hoping it was but looks to be true.sad

good. I look forward to it.

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#110 2013-09-11 9:40am

spyker
Pro MemberToo $hort

FRESSTYLE FREEK wrote:

spyker wrote:

Gustafa wrote:

I don't keep up with any team riders actually.I only care about the products companies put out.The new Hoffman stuff
is like NS Haro,they will never be the company they once were.

you then are blind. just like back in the day most bike shops do not take up floor space or display case space. with high end BMX. they stock the entry leavel stuff. the high end stuff  was and is still special order!wink

just becuse you bike store dose not have it. dose not mean it's not made.

Freestyle,

I'm not talking about floor bikes at a bikeshop,I'm talking about the consumer and what they want or buying.The kids(who are the biggest consumer in this business)who are spending their money on bikes and parts are not into the new Hoffman or Haro stuff,they want the goods from companies that are what's in right now,not what we liked bitd when Hoffman or Haro was top dog in the game.

My lbs(Canada's largest bmx store)use to carry Hoffman completes,but they were just sitting there collecting dust,now they don't stock them anymore,they do carry haro completes too,but they don't sell them all that fast either.

$20 goes a long way here
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus

#111 2013-09-11 10:02am

XJguy
Museum Addict
Website

Well since most bikes are made in Taiwan/ROC at high profit margins....like everything else nowadays, (business news reported this week that companies are making the highest profits in the history of man), I don't see it as a big deal to offer the same bike at less profit but much more volume at Walmart.   We're not talking about made in USA or Japan bikes with expensive labor, we are talking Taiwan cheap as dirt manufacturing.   

A while ago I was investing having some large heavy steel automotive products made in US or China, the price made in China was 1/4 less for the "same" product.

WTB Bully stem.
WTB Peregrine Super Pros, not pitted.
WTB Kuwahara freestyle stem engraved.

#112 2013-09-11 10:36am

Larman
Centurion Member

No such thing as a sell out... the guy has a fmaily to feed and if he can make some cash by doing it, good for him!

... Has anyone bought a new Hoffman lately?

#113 2013-09-11 10:43am

King of Pipeline
Museum Addict

Who buys Hoffman bikes, if your really ride? I don't see anybody on them? So i'm sure they're sales are pretty bad.. They are not a so called cool brand right now.. If I was getting a huge payday, i'd sell out too...Nobody else is buying the bikes...

#114 2013-09-11 10:46am

King of Pipeline
Museum Addict

Nobody rides Hoffman bikes? might as well put them in Wal Mart so somebody will....

#115 2013-09-11 1:56pm

littledvlbmx
Banned
Bikes: 4

HB is a brand and Mat made bmx what it is today. He was the one that did the first handrail (on film) and turned freestyle what it is today. I know he has a wife and family to support and anyone who says HB is dead,check out the video "Birth of big air" it show his huge house,massive property and everything. So obviously he's doing something right. If he sells out,so what. No ones forcing you to buy it. If they are cheaper made so be it,buy a old HB frame and build it up. Just that simple.

SBC 63 army lifer

#116 2013-09-11 2:05pm

polterdeal
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 23

littledvlbmx wrote:

HB is a brand and Mat made bmx what it is today. He was the one that did the first handrail (on film) and turned freestyle what it is today. I know he has a wife and family to support and anyone who says HB is dead,check out the video "Birth of big air" it show his huge house,massive property and everything. So obviously he's doing something right. If he sells out,so what. No ones forcing you to buy it. If they are cheaper made so be it,buy a old HB frame and build it up. Just that simple.

Well put. I watch 'Birth' maybe once every other month still smile

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#117 2013-09-11 2:34pm

4130_stoner
Pro MemberPot(tery) Barn CEO

littledvlbmx wrote:

this ^

none of the OS companies are really what they once were to us bitd, its all about other, newer companies, and making profits. the dudes' done enough for the sport that if he really wants to "sell out" to walmart, who cares? its not like any of us really support his company currently anyhow. this isnt a "to feed his kids" sellout, its more like "hey, ive paid my due's, and wouldnt mind some more money for all my hard work and dedication to the sport".

riding 20''s, and smoking herb for as long as i can remember.....damn short term memory loss!

Cheap girls are like cheap bike parts. Both will send you to see the doctor.-77Rider

#118 2013-09-11 2:48pm

adamdawson
Hoffman Overlord

jesus, i guess i should log in more often... neutral

this thread is retarded.  some really lame comments and to be honest i dont have the time to say something to each person, but a lot of things that have been said are wrong and way off base or just plain dumb.

mat owns hoffman bikes 101%  HMFIC

mat is not selling his bikes in walmart.
if he did decide to, he would make sure quality would stay up and find a way to bring good bmx bikes to a bigger market.

hoffmans lineup are really good bikes.  im a hard rider.... and if they were not good i would not ride them simple as that.

the HB team is ridiculous, enough said.

#119 2013-09-11 2:52pm

ToBigToRide265
Museum Addict
Bikes: 26

well said Adam

#120 2013-09-11 3:05pm

littledvlbmx
Banned

Thank you,has anyone seen Seth Kimbrough hmm

SBC 63 army lifer

#121 2013-09-11 3:57pm

Shredderkid
Banned

Coco wrote:

This is like giving a band shit for getting a major label record deal. Why would a band notw ant to make a comfortable living playing music? Living out of a van and getting paid nothing to perform is the shits.

Why would Hoffman not want to make money? Seems kind of counter productive for a company not to want to expand it's horizons and customer base.

I understand the disappointment of some but I would say this is not selling out.

A band can stay out of a large record label and still make good money. I know this because my wifes cousin is in a rock regae band and they do very well for themselves without a big label. They were at one time driving from small bar to small bar in their van and today they roll into town in a large tour bus opening for some pretty big name bands. There's politics involved in it too as usual.

Ot but figured I would mention it. As for hoffman selling out, it's not a big concern to me since I fell out of bmx before he got big but I do appreciate him helping to keep it alive.

If guns are responsible for crimes, pencils are responsible for misspelled words.

#122 2013-09-11 6:52pm

Bails
Centurion Member

HB have been making a budget line of bikes since '95 when they released 'The egg', that's never affected their high end models.

I wouldn't trade my 2012 condor for any other new school bike http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/hoffman/68668 , and yes, I ride it as hard and as often as I can.

#123 2013-09-11 7:33pm

sonikk71
Museum Addict

littledvlbmx wrote:

Or Morgan Wade?
smile

Need parts for a 1985 Haro Master.
My personal Holy Grails,
1985 Haro Master complete in Neon Green / Early 80s looptail PK with Graphites / Kuwahara Exhibitionist in White

#124 2013-09-11 7:37pm

sonikk71
Museum Addict

sonikk71 wrote:

littledvlbmx wrote:

Or Morgan Wade?
smile

Refresher for those who have forgotten...

http://hoffmanbikes.com/wp-content/themes/village/blueprint/gallery/ajaxupload/server/uploads/Morgan%20Wade%202.jpg

Need parts for a 1985 Haro Master.
My personal Holy Grails,
1985 Haro Master complete in Neon Green / Early 80s looptail PK with Graphites / Kuwahara Exhibitionist in White

#125 2013-09-11 11:44pm

davkol
Intermediate

FatGuy wrote:

TXBONE wrote:

FatGuy wrote:

DK, Mongoose, and GT still make some great high end stuff.  Not sure about Schwinn...

lol no they don't. It's all junk.

Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance is bliss+1

The GT Speed Series is without a doubt the nicest "major brand" complete race bike on the market.  The new 2014 Speed Aluminum is super sick and the Speed Series Carbon frame is pretty dang nice as well.

http://www.fastlanebmxmag.com/products/ … -aluminium

Halverson is doing a nice job putting GT back into the top echelon of BMX racing with innovative product.   As for Park...  I would agree, it's junk!

Always looking to buy Used/Minty/Nos Mid-New School race items!  I am now a retailer of highend new school race parts, bikes and protective gear such as Avent, Bombshell, Ciari, Crupi, EVS, Fly, Intense, Speed, Sinz, six six one, SuperCross, Staats, THE and much more.  Please PM me if you are interested in something specific.  If you want it I can get it.  Thanks ~ Dave

Board footer