You are not logged in.

!!!!! Breaking News !!!! Hoffman Sells Out  RSS Feed

#51 2013-09-09 1:27pm

oleguyridin
Expert
Bikes: 6

Re: !!!!! Breaking News !!!! Hoffman Sells Out

i have a wally-world 29" mtn bike. pretty nice bike. granted i did a bunch of upgrades. come to think of it just the frame and wheels will be the only thing left when im done. lol. but for $10 initial investment it aint bad. big_smile

I Don't Ride A Bike To Add Days To My Life,
I Ride A Bike To Add Life To My Days.

#52 2013-09-09 1:28pm

polterdeal
Pro Member
Bikes: 23

83dback wrote:

I have a feeling it's true. I was wondering why Porkchop all of a sudden got a bunch of Hoffman stuff to sell...... I had a feeling something was up. Too bad.

Hmmm, good point, I noticed that too... but it can't be, no way Mat sells out... but if so, I'd guess he'd, like say Mongoose... woiuld have his department store line and his LBS line.... meh

Last edited by polterdeal (2013-09-09 1:29pm)

"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

#53 2013-09-09 2:04pm

littledvlbmx
Banned
Bikes: 4

inkedup wrote:

Pretty soon the only stores will just be WalMart and Dunkin Donuts... lol

I'll wait for proof. But as for this statement,whilst probably true Dunkin Donuts ain't got nothing on Krispy Kreme doughnuts lol

SBC 63 army lifer

#54 2013-09-09 2:11pm

HaroBlammo
Pro Member
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 1

doubt it

Bryan

#55 2013-09-09 2:36pm

BMX KYLE
The Mongoose kid
Bikes: 8

He has to go where the money is and that where most kids get there bikes now a days.cool

Last edited by BMX KYLE (2013-09-09 2:44pm)

#56 2013-09-09 2:41pm

Mopagan
Bikes: 3

i refuse to buy anything from walmart. so i encurage everyone to go get themselves a 5 finger discount Matt Hoffman bicycle once they appear on the racks there. while in sporting goods grab a childs T-ball bat and smash the entire TV/home audio display. from there, start a fire in the automotive section (try to trap as many people with back fat hanging out of spandex in the fire as possible). if any employees attempt to impede your destruction, kick them square in the dick/uterus, then expain to them that they should have gotten a job where their employers give litteraly one F**K about them. and not a; corparate conglomerate, with only the monopolization of your local financial ecosystem at heart.

F**K WALMART:D

#57 2013-09-09 2:48pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Bikes: 77
For Sale: 5
Website

Mopagan wrote:

i refuse to buy anything from walmart. so i encurage everyone to go get themselves a 5 finger discount Matt Hoffman bicycle once they appear on the racks there. while in sporting goods grab a childs T-ball bat and smash the entire TV/home audio display. from there, start a fire in the automotive section (try to trap as many people with back fat hanging out of spandex in the fire as possible). if any employees attempt to impede your destruction, kick them square in the dick/uterus, then expain to them that they should have gotten a job where their employers give litteraly one F**K about them. and not a; corparate conglomerate, with only the monopolization of your local financial ecosystem at heart.

You go first and we'll watch and see how that works out for you.

#58 2013-09-09 2:53pm

Mopagan
Bikes: 3

Kurt_Rad wrote:

send me some Tim Hortons

#59 2013-09-09 2:55pm

micahbmx
Expert

You guys know Mat sold his portion of the company years ago right?

#60 2013-09-09 3:04pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Mopagan wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

send me some Tim Hortons

I can't guarantee freshness on a mail order.

#61 2013-09-09 3:21pm

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist

83dback wrote:

I have a feeling it's true. I was wondering why Porkchop all of a sudden got a bunch of Hoffman stuff to sell...... I had a feeling something was up. Too bad.

Good point! There is always something nefarious a brewing when that fool is involved.

Last edited by Axel10 (2013-09-09 3:25pm)

"Why is the hatred of Assange so intense, crossing party, and ideological lines? Perhaps it's because he showed America for what it actually is, rather than how it likes to be perceived."

#62 2013-09-09 3:25pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member“The Hammer”
Website

Axel10 wrote:

83dback wrote:

Good point! There is always nefarious purpose when that fool is involved.

I see where this is going now. IBTL.

#63 2013-09-09 3:41pm

blk87performer
Centurion Member

I have never seen a GT in Walmart. I know they sold to Pacific in 2002, but I've never seen one in a walmart. Not saying you didn't.

Jeno007 wrote:

RadicalNick wrote:

Jeno007 wrote:

Second saddest day in BMX history will be the day I see one in a Walmart.

What's the first? smile

When I saw a GT in a Walmart.

#64 2013-09-09 3:41pm

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Axel10 wrote:

83dback wrote:

Good point! There is always nefarious purpose when that fool is involved.

I see where this is going now. IBTL.

Hey Kurt smile Has your new baby been born yet?

"Why is the hatred of Assange so intense, crossing party, and ideological lines? Perhaps it's because he showed America for what it actually is, rather than how it likes to be perceived."

#65 2013-09-09 4:08pm

marty_dmb
Centurion Member
Bikes: 6

Well to be honest I ain't gonna buy a new Hoffman even if they aren't sold in Wal-mart, just not my style of bike. So if they do end up there, good for Mat. Hope he makes lots of money.

And also.... wasn't there a thread here about how we need a savior for BMX kinda like what Tony Hawk did for skating and how Mat was the person to do it? Maybe it was on Vintage, not sure. But either way... this would be the first step, get kids interested in the sport. And if that means whoring yourself out to "The Man", so be it. Even if 1% who but a Wally-World Hoffman get seriously involved in BMX, then that's more kids riding now than before.

#66 2013-09-09 4:25pm

Jeno007
Defender of The Universe
Bikes: 13

blk87performer wrote:

I have never seen a GT in Walmart. I know they sold to Pacific in 2002, but I've never seen one in a walmart. Not saying you didn't.

Jeno007 wrote:

RadicalNick wrote:

What's the first? smile

Zone I think it was, apparently was something that wasn't a normally stocked bike. Miss-shipped, but was in the system with pricing and  barcodes. Who knows, but it was about a year after I saw a bunch show up in Sports Authority.

Anything is negotiable.

#67 2013-09-09 4:41pm

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 79

poppa wheelie wrote:

Damn, now I can buy a HB where I get my TP. I guess mat is retiring?

yep it will site right between the Tony Hawk huck jam bike and the DK Generale Lee next to a Mongoose and GT lol

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#68 2013-09-09 4:41pm

Sirrob
Museum Addict

Mopagan wrote:

Man this is funny. Some tard did start a fire in our local Walmart a few years ago.
Rob

#69 2013-09-09 4:46pm

littledvlbmx
Banned
Bikes: 4

marty_dmb wrote:

Well to be honest I ain't gonna buy a new Hoffman even if they aren't sold in Wal-mart, just not my style of bike. So if they do end up there, good for Mat. Hope he makes lots of money.

And also.... wasn't there a thread here about how we need a savior for BMX kinda like what Tony Hawk did for skating and how Mat was the person to do it? Maybe it was on Vintage, not sure. But either way... this would be the first step, get kids interested in the sport. And if that means whoring yourself out to "The Man", so be it. Even if 1% who but a Wally-World Hoffman get seriously involved in BMX, then that's more kids riding now than before.

I think there mite be a thread some where but here's our savior big_smile

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmqDrJ0owu … mqDrJ0owu8

Van Homan will save us!!!!! big_smile

SBC 63 army lifer

#70 2013-09-09 4:50pm

77stroker2
Thread Killer

Now I'll Be ABLE To By A Hoffman Ride

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/imhidgiy/Linhtinh/Gifs/yeah-no_zpsfc16c9fc.gif

And Then I'll Franchise A Dunkin" Donuts Up big_smile lollollollollollollollollol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/cherrey_wl/establishments/dunkin.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z212/solaris_rama55/Dunkin%20Donuts/d0da.jpg

Last edited by 77stroker2 (2013-09-09 4:53pm)

Ken=The Number 1 Poser !
Desert Storm Vet. US Navy FC2  ( 1986-1991 )

Left Old Junk ( I Mean Old School)  For New School! Love "THE DARK SIDE"!
As Craig Ferguson Would Say," I Look Forward To Your Hate Mail " !
[img]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k566/shitmyrompers/Modern%20Muscle%20Cars/aaf1aff9-d865-45cf-b141-8ba083757654_zps8a8fc026.jpg[/img]

#71 2013-09-09 4:54pm

FatGuy
Pro MemberNot Big Boned
Bikes: 2
Website

Blah blah blah Wal-Mart is evil for no good logical reason blah blah blah.

FatGuy
....happy to answer your Porkchop BMX questions.

#72 2013-09-09 5:02pm

Grendal
Pro Member"Rat Wisperer"
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 8

Little kids dont give a crap wat kind of BMX style bike thy get till 11-13yrs old wen they have friends who race or streetride....until then wal bogs is grandmas fav bike shop...i didnt pick out my first crap hardware store bmx....lol...i rode it though, then got tired of being laughed at....

Just another feeble attempt by the man to keep a brotha down!!!

#73 2013-09-09 5:11pm

leiper204
Pro Member

Nothing wrong with a childs 1st entry level Bmx bike being from wal-mart,hell he might not even like bmx after riding for awhile.I would much rather buy them a cheap bike from wal-mart than give the local bike shop $300.00 for their entry level Taiwan made bike that is just gonna be neglected,stolen or left in the rain and snow because they are not interested in being a serious BMX rider.I dont like wal-mart either but I am willing to bet that most everyone buys their stuff from there including grocerys,they get alot of my money because they have the best deals on everything and will take anything back:D

Last edited by leiper204 (2013-09-09 5:14pm)

#74 2013-09-09 5:20pm

sonikk71
Museum Addict

Kurt_Rad wrote:

dedmann wrote:

RadicalNick wrote:

Yeah, but the quality of those items don't change. It has traditionally for bikes. sad

now hold up a minute.....
just about everything walmart sells is special for walmart. tv's to food... pick up a food item and check its weight against the same product at a real grocery store. the one from walmart will be ounces less. perhaps try and repair something from walmart- you cant get parts.
ALSO- i agree with selling out- thats the whole point in being successful....IMO--- no one deserves bmx money more than Hoffman!(and Ron Wilkerson)

Every time I see the video of that Wilkerson spill I almost vomit...

There is video? Link please.

Need parts for a 1985 Haro Master.
My personal Holy Grails,
1985 Haro Master complete in Neon Green / Early 80s looptail PK with Graphites / Kuwahara Exhibitionist in White

#75 2013-09-09 5:33pm

blk87performer
Centurion Member

That is crazy. Do you remember what they were asking for it?

Jeno007 wrote:

blk87performer wrote:

Jeno007 wrote:

Zone I think it was, apparently was something that wasn't a normally stocked bike. Miss-shipped, but was in the system with pricing and  barcodes. Who knows, but it was about a year after I saw a bunch show up in Sports Authority.

Board footer

View Cart →