Submitting Bikes To The Museum  RSS Feed

#176 2018-10-09 12:29am

J3rkbag
Bikes: 1

Re: Submitting Bikes To The Museum

J3rkbag wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

J3rkbag wrote:

Yup, no Pro Series on there. Came across this issue when looking for the difference in a 97 Pro Series vs Mach One

Kinda weird they stopped making the Pro Series model for one year...

From what I understand (read on here) they did make it but called in a Mach One because the quality was diff due to being made in Taiwan. Again all my info is from this site so I could be wrong.

I actually bought mine as a Pro Series only to later find out it is a Mach One... I think. I still haven’t submitted it to the museum because of this. Pretty sure it’s a Mach One tho.

Somebody on here was kind enough to send me the TT measurements off their Mach One and they matched mine. Some of their original pieces are the same as what came on mine bike as well.

#177 2018-10-09 12:34am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Bikes: 37
For Sale: 1
Website

J3rkbag wrote:

J3rkbag wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

From what I understand (read on here) they did make it but called in a Mach One because the quality was diff due to being made in Taiwan. Again all my info is from this site so I could be wrong.

I actually bought mine as a Pro Series only to later find out it is a Mach One... I think. I still haven’t submitted it to the museum because of this. Pretty sure it’s a Mach One tho.

Somebody on here was kind enough to send me the TT measurements off their Mach One and they matched mine. Some of their original pieces are the same as what came on mine bike as well.

I fixed it...no more 1997 Pro Series of any kind...

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#178 2018-10-09 12:38am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF Fit FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE WTP

#179 2018-10-13 8:02pm

Enthused
Museum Newbie

J3rkbag wrote:

J3rkbag wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

This is interesting, because I’m just now digging into the online world of bikes while trying to definitively ID my GT MACH ONE that I bought new in 2000, and from what I’ve learned it seems it could just be an interceptor posed as Mach one, because there’s no M1 anywhere and it resembles the interceptor I owned and raced in early mid 90’s. I got the bike in 2001, but have been helped ID it for March 2000 MFG date, likely after the schwinn buyout and Taiwan move, so it’s tough sledding to find its origin and true model.

#180 2018-10-13 10:43pm

J3rkbag
Bikes: 1

Enthused wrote:

J3rkbag wrote:

J3rkbag wrote:

This is interesting, because I’m just now digging into the online world of bikes while trying to definitively ID my GT MACH ONE that I bought new in 2000, and from what I’ve learned it seems it could just be an interceptor posed as Mach one, because there’s no M1 anywhere and it resembles the interceptor I owned and raced in early mid 90’s. I got the bike in 2001, but have been helped ID it for March 2000 MFG date, likely after the schwinn buyout and Taiwan move, so it’s tough sledding to find its origin and true model.

I am 100% with you. I actually had one person tell me mine was an interceptor after I bought it as a Pro Series just to have it be a Mach One in the end. Just keep doing the research/ process of elimination and you'll have your answer soon enough. TT measurements can help too. GL!

#181 2018-10-13 11:10pm

Enthused
Museum Newbie

Awesome.. bummed it’s so difficult because they deserve entry but glad I’m not alone and never knew what I was even in for.
If you have your TT measurements and can tell me where exactly they’re taken from I’d be on it.. as far as the where , I mean, from back of tt to the weld ? Or to the CL of the vertical neck tube? I’ve left a lot of terminology behind as well as others I’ve read in my search lol.. it come back quick tho, like riding a bike.

#182 2018-10-14 12:51am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

Center of the Seat Tube to the Center of the Head Tube...

hobbes1278@gmail.com

#183 2019-07-10 8:45pm

ABA180
Candy Apples
Bikes: 2

I have a bike on my list that I'd like to edit the text of.  How do I do that, or do I need to PM a mod?

#184 2019-07-10 10:59pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

ABA180 wrote:

I have a bike on my list that I'd like to edit the text of.  How do I do that, or do I need to PM a mod?

What do you need done?

hobbes1278@gmail.com

#185 2019-07-13 6:57pm

ABA180
Candy Apples
Bikes: 2

I'll PM you the particular verbage.

In general, I parted with a bike but I'm going to leave it in My Bikes as it's one of only 2 here.

#186 2019-07-14 12:49am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

ABA180 wrote:

I'll PM you the particular verbage.

In general, I parted with a bike but I'm going to leave it in My Bikes as it's one of only 2 here.

cool

hobbes1278@gmail.com

Board footer

View Cart →