You are not logged in.

Submitting Bikes To The Museum  RSS Feed

#26 2008-10-26 8:12pm

Sportycar69
Expert
Bikes: 9

Re: Submitting Bikes To The Museum

here is 1981 or 82 redline proline II that i found last week .

copy the code below and paste into search bar just as is.

http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr17 … 0_3720.jpg

#27 2008-10-29 7:59pm

Quickev
Bikes: 6

I have a Control Tech BMX bike that I'm whating to get admited. As I was filling out the info boxes, I didn't notice a Control Tech bike company as a choice. I worked there for 8 years and helped make them, and would love to show them off to you all.

BMX'R4LIFE

#28 2008-10-30 6:42am

Quickev
Bikes: 6

I can give you a phone # for Control Tech to talk to John, he is the head welder over there, and for Oscer at Simple Bikes.
It seems as if I'm starting off on the wrong foot, I really injoy this web site and every one on it. I guess I jumped the gun and started posting whare I shouldn't, only becouse I didn't read the rules, but have no fear, it will not happen again.

Sorry everyone

Kev

BMX'R4LIFE

#29 2008-11-04 4:00pm

archie
Museum Addict
Bikes: 13
Website

Just added a Torker Mini last night and now I dont see it waiting for approval.I was not sure of the year but asked that question in my write up?
Please tell me if it got removed so I can re submit my bike with even more info?

Thanks

Archie

LIKE US on Facebook facebook.com/archiesicecream

>>>>>FREE Archie's Stickers! Send me a S.A.S.E to:<<<<<

Attn:FREE Archie's STICKER
                                                                745 Hariton St.
                                                              Orange,Cal 92868

#30 2008-11-04 8:00pm

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Bikes: 12
Website

Archie, i didn't do it, but i know why it was deleted, you don't have all the info (year) prior to submitting.  if you need to find that info, try posting it in the 'name it' section first to get the info.

good luck

"HOME OF THE FREE... BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!"

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

#31 2008-11-04 11:04pm

archie
Museum Addict
Bikes: 13
Website

pjcruiser wrote:

Archie, i didn't do it, but i know why it was deleted, you don't have all the info (year) prior to submitting.  if you need to find that info, try posting it in the 'name it' section first to get the info.

good luck

Will do,thanks!

A

Hellmutt wrote:

Just deleted again.  Research your bike, don't just guess at a year...

Nobody can answer the year for it? Not even Torkers very own web site. I have know clue?
Ill try posting some where in the forum.

Thanks

A

Last edited by archie (2008-11-04 11:04pm)

LIKE US on Facebook facebook.com/archiesicecream

>>>>>FREE Archie's Stickers! Send me a S.A.S.E to:<<<<<

Attn:FREE Archie's STICKER
                                                                745 Hariton St.
                                                              Orange,Cal 92868

#32 2008-11-18 7:46am

2Fresh
Expert

Hello.

I tried to submit a 26" beach cruiser which is made in taiwan and branded as Body Glove by the famous wetsuit whatever maker. Last night it was pending, today it's removed and this was second time.

On the first try i wrote as much i as i knew about it with the usual review, photos and whatnot. It got deleted after all the time i spent writing the god damn article and taking the photos. Why?

This time around i didn't bother to write as much but filled in the details i could and provided photos again and again it got deleted.

Questions.

Why is there dozens and dozens of shitty submissions with no background info, no history or whatever with poor pictures taken with a cellphone and submitted upside down or sideways? Howcome they can make it thru "the inspection" over and over again yet a more carefully written submission doesn't?

Are the 26" cruisers not allowed?

Are the more generic type beach cruisers not allowed?

How am i supposed to select the bike's manufacturer if it's not on the manufacturer -list?
There should be an open field where the submitter can write down the manufacturer him/herself if it's not on the list. Same goes for the Year category. In some cases it is very close to impossible to determine a specific year especially when dealing with more "generic" type taiwanese bikes and serial numbers. It's simply not possible to provide exact year especially if you're not the original owner.

When a bike gets deleted i think the mods should ATLEAST provide a briefing to the submitter as to WHY it got deleted. From there the submitter would know rightaway what he/she should do the next time in order to make a succesful submission. Now they just get deleted wihtout any notice and it is very frustrating to the submitter for not knowing what he/she did "wrong".

This museum is mostly BASED on bikes submitted by users from allover the world and the database is growing and without these bikes there wouldn't be any museum, would there?
OR, you should update the submission form to a level, where there is enough options for the submitter to choose from or leave blank fields to write on. And if something is still "wrong" you could then notify the submitter.

Info please?

#33 2008-11-18 8:28am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

we are working on a way of kicking it back to you with notes on what needs to be corrected.  As of now, we don't have that option and there are sometimes over 100 bikes for a few of us to look at.  Sometimes if bikes are deleted, it just doesn't make much sense for us to write out that many pm messages explaining it.  Most of the time it will be obvious to the person why the bike was deleted after reading some of the guidelines.  Sometimes it isn't that clear and the Admin might have to explain to the individual.  Recently Hellmutt has been doing a LOT of the scanning over the bikes.  Hopefully he can help you out here.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'what a ride!'"

#34 2008-11-18 8:39pm

The bikers
Pro Member
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 1
Website

I have tried several times to submit some bikes. I take clear pictures and down load them on my computer. When I try to submit a bike on this website, it shows no image. I had to use four different pictures of my DG before the imagine showed up on my bikes. Is it me and my computer or is it the website.

#35 2008-11-19 8:01pm

Rob Lay
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 3

Hellmutt wrote:

Is that what this is?  Who has the newest or cleanest or most expensive bike?

Umm, a brand new model that no one has seen yet would add value to your community if you were a little quicker, but that is your choice.

Also your choice to be slow on approvals, so strict with contents, and then also rude and short with your replies.  Your site.

Last edited by Rob Lay (2008-11-19 8:02pm)

#36 2008-11-19 9:31pm

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

if you want to show off your pride and joy instead of submitting it for the museum and not your own ego, then start a thread in the catchall section with pictures.

#37 2008-11-20 8:43am

Rob Lay
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 3

been here less than a month, what a nice group of admins. smile

#38 2008-11-20 8:51am

brindle
BMX Psycho
Bikes: 2

Rob Lay wrote:

Newbies should just wait patiently for they're bikes to be submitted, I wouldn't be rude...Its a good way to get yourself banned. Im no mod but if someone was acting like this to me, I would tell you I've got tons of bikes to look at And it will get put up when I get to it...That should be the end of it. big_smile

I ship Worldwide!!

#39 2008-11-20 9:11am

acuzerfdw
Sponsored by: JB-Weld
Bikes: 7

Rob Lay wrote:

This site isn't going to revolve around you, or any one person for that matter. Do you know how many bikes are submitted for approval every day??? Too many! And a good amount of those are without any info at all, just pics and a title. And some have wrong make and model. Then there's the ones with very crappy pics that make the entry worthless. It takes time for Gary or any of the other mods to go through them all and filter out the useless entries from the good ones. That's why it takes time here. Aside from that, Gary and the mods all have a life and other responsibilities, like work, school, families, etc. They're not on here 24/7 only focusing on bike entries. When they are on here they also have to deal with the rest of the site, like the For Sale section especially. And also with all the bitching going on (like in here now). These guys don't get paid for doing what they do here so if that means waiting a little longer for your bike to be approved, then so be it.
Like PJ said, if you want everyone to see your bike instantly, then just make a thread in the Catch All section and post all the pics you want with all the info you want so everyone will see it instantly. And in the meantime you can wait for the mods to approve your entry in the Museum. It's that simple.

I DON'T HAVE ANYMORE BIKES OR PARTS... ALL MY PICS ARE OUTDATED

"The more people I know, the fewer I like." - gaijin

#40 2008-11-20 9:14am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

yep, not trying to be rude, but like brindle said, there are a ton of bikes to go through to edit, delete or approve.  If you submitted bike is a time sensitive type of thing, then the suggestion of posting on the forums first would be your best bet.

edit: thanks acuzerfdw, that about hits the nail on the head for the most part.  you were writing at the same time i was, saying it better than i was.  lol

Last edited by pjcruiser (2008-11-20 9:17am)

#41 2008-11-20 9:19am

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

Rob, we want you to have a good experience here as a new member and to continue to come to the site.  There is more to the site than just submitting bikes to the museum.  Check out the research areas and thread in the forums.  We love having people give knowledge they may have, as well as stories and pictures from back in the day and today.

#42 2008-11-21 7:14am

2Fresh
Expert

I have a question that i don't know the answer to this time or atleast not yet, that is..

What do we do in a case where the manufacturer of a bike/frame remains unknown even though it has been presented and discussed in the "Name It" section?

Is there a time limit as to how long one should keep asking/begging for info/ID on an unknown bike?
Howbout "unknown" section for those that will likely remain a mystery (unless somehow proven otherwise)?
Thanks.

#43 2008-11-24 12:55pm

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

you know how many bikes i own or have owned that i never put in the museum?  Its not the end of the world if you can't get enough info on it, in tern, not able to submit it to the museum.  People get way too worked up over this.

#44 2008-11-25 12:43pm

rcicustoms
Museum Newbie
Bikes: 1
Website

Ive only been on yalls site for a couple of weeks... But i must say yall do a mighty fine job...
I posted my bike, and it was approved and up in 1 day, and the amount of bikes on here is amazing...
and im kinda proud to have the only Metal Burma on the site ..Kinda exclusive.cool
   Only one other thing- the night i posted up my bike.. i also posted up a bunch of history and Info on Metal Bikes (Since there was none listed with the bikes) Including sources to where i got the info... How Long till we (all 4 of us) get our Info up about our Bike Company???tongue

29 , Married , And still thrash the bike, atleast once a week...

Everything i enjoy, is either bad for me or illeagal....

#45 2008-11-25 2:51pm

pc_1453
Bikes: 24
Website

So I've got a Mole bike, but I can't find mole in the list of companies. how do I add it so I can submit my bike? I know it's a really cheap bike, but I've pimped it out lots, and wanna show it off.

Van Homan will save us.

#46 2008-11-25 4:11pm

pjcruiser
Pro Member
Website

pm or email me the information about the company.  i will look into it.  in the mean time, you could post pictures of the bike in the catchall section.

#47 2008-11-29 8:48pm

Gage

I have tried to sub a About 2002 24"K2 Maintime with Answer Carbon Pro fork. and it never get approved. I did ask a question in another post. I have emailed a few times asking why and never get a reply. Reasons?

#48 2008-11-30 10:04am

Gage

Edit because I was an AXX

Last edited by Gage (2009-07-14 12:52pm)

#49 2008-11-30 11:33am

Gage

Edit because I was an AXX

Last edited by Gage (2009-07-14 12:53pm)

#50 2008-11-30 11:39am

Gage

Edit because I was an AXX sorry Mutt and GA

Last edited by Gage (2009-07-14 12:54pm)

Board footer

View Cart →