You are not logged in.

Old School Video Games

#51 2013-07-27 4:47pm

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

Re: Old School Video Games

sweet. I would love to have nba jam or mortal kombat II arcades. I picked up some sega games today. decapattack, super street fighter II, alladin and ghouls and ghosts cool

: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :
GREEN 85 SKYWAY STREET BEAT frame set. original paint and decals please.
: : : WANTED: : :: : : WANTED: : :: : : WANTED : : :: : : WANTED : : :: : : WANTED : : :
DynaMAX seats in RED, YELLOW AND BLUE

#52 2013-08-07 1:20pm

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

just beat beavis and butthead on sega fartknockers. gwar is cool.

: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :: : : NEEDED : : :
: : : WANTED: : :: : : WANTED: : :: : : WANTED : : :: : : WANTED : : :: : : WANTED : : :

#53 2013-08-07 11:14pm

brewharriah
live in sin for the win!!!
Bikes: 22

"I don't care about your feelings. Pain and torment's what you'll get!!!"

#54 2013-08-08 5:02pm

87performer
Frame Toss King
Bikes: 9

I have a few old school games. I just finished playing Rygar on my NES.

#55 2013-08-09 11:01am

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

my favorite football game of all time, followed by tecmo superbowl nes, then nfl2k3 ps2.

#56 2013-08-09 11:01am

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

forgot the pic mad
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mh5ufq.jpg

#57 2013-08-09 4:05pm

gumbii
Intermediate
Website

Shredderkid wrote:

DelMccoury wrote:

[url]http://i44.tinypic.com/119xxya.jpg[/

Here is my NES stuff, the case of beer is full of about 40 great games and about 15 clunkers lol

Nice! Nes is on my list of items from my childhood to revisit sooner than later. I gave my nes away long ago and realize I shouldnt have.

Favorites of mine were kid icarus, meteroid, mike tysons punch out, and of course mario bros.

A few months ago I broke out the original playstation for some og gran turismo. Man the graphics were terrible. lol cool cars though.

gran tourismo 2 was so GODLIKE!!!... best game out of all of the racing games...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/gumbii/95462f0a-cf09-4025-8326-38c811325be2_zps627ced0e.jpg[/img]

#58 2013-08-12 5:09pm

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

http://i44.tinypic.com/282l2f7.jpg

scored cheap and early on craigslist this weekend. got to meet a weirdo in the hood right after sunrise. but now im set for a while.

http://i40.tinypic.com/24pwd48.jpg

#59 2013-08-13 9:49am

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

Shredderkid wrote:

Nice! I now remember the second gen nintendo, "super". They really changed mario bros, everything went pastel colors and big round really odd characters.

I think the biggest change for mario was the american version of mario 2. it's nothing like any other mario game.

#60 2013-08-13 11:07am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Bikes: 3
Website

I'm a die-hard & true-blood Nintendo fan.  I upgraded my original NES and SNES to mk2's in 2009 (i gave the mk1's to my nephew).  Also gave him my mk1 N64 after I purchased a rare grape-colored one (NOT the atomic-purple color; grape).  I still have my platinum GCN--which I'll never get rid of, if only because I can play GBA games on it.  And of course I have a Wii (it's cracked...because I couldn't wait around for Earthbound to be released on Virtual Console).  Rounding out the lineup is a GBA-SP Classic (looks like a NES controller), a gold-triforce DS-Lite, and a Purple 3DS.  I had a Gold Pokemon-edition GBA, but also gave that to my nephew after I upgraded.

I have 2 NES max's, 2 regular NES controllers, a lightgun and a dogbone (came with my MK2).  I used to have both a grey and an orange lightgun, but I stupidly got rid of the grey one.  I have 2 SNES controller and 3 Pro-Gram-Pads (work awesome on Super Street Fighter 2).  I have gold, grape and atomic green (not jungle green) N64 controllers.  1 wired platinum controller and 1 wavebird controller for GCN (along with some generic knockoffs that have a turbo function).  I have 2x Wii controller adapters that allow me to use NES/SNES/N64/GEN controllers on the Wii.  I have a bunch of Wii stuff, but the only thing of note is the gold classic controller that came with Goldeneye Wii.

Games wise?  I have 30ish for NES, 25ish for SNES, 20ish for N64, 20ish for GCN and about 20 for Wii.  I have 10 Gameboy, 30 GBA, 15 DS and 2 3DS.  That's just what I have as physical media.  The stores on my Wii are chock-full of games too (and I've gotten rid of pretty much all hard-copies of games I have on Wii).

Lots of awesome games, but the most valuable I have is probably Metal Warriors for SNES.  They were selling for ~$80 used last time I looked.  I don't have any super-rare "tournament carts" or anything like that.  Earthbound (Mother 2) and Super Metroid are both way too expensive for my taste.  Had a copy of Chrono-Trigger SNES until I got it on DS.  Same with FF6 SNES and GBA.  Also have some oddballs like Mermaids of Atlantis (NES) and Nuclear Strike (N64).

Most fun to play?  Star Tropics 1&2.  Mario Kart (SNES).  Desert Strike & A.S.P. (SNES).  Pikmin (GCN).  BattleTanx:GA (N64).  I could go on forever.  I collect based on how much I enjoy the game, not really on how much it's worth.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#61 2013-08-13 11:09am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

Oh, and before I forget.  I used to have an Odyssey 2, Atari 2600, Ti 99-4a, TRS-80, Gameboy (Play-it-Loud Clear color), Gameboy Color (leaf green), and an old Odyssey 2000 Pong set.  big_smile

#62 2013-08-13 11:15am

novabmx
Pro MemberTange seat clamps rock
Bikes: 25

I used to play excitebike full sized arcade in a circle k in Lockhart, Fl. back in 86-87 the good ol days big_smile

#63 2013-08-13 11:22am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

i want to own a star-wars trilogy pinball machine before i die.  a 4-player simpsons arcade machine & a 6-player x-men arcade machine wouldn't be bad either.

#64 2013-08-13 12:07pm

joey1320
Museum Addict

I just beat the X-Men Children Of The Atom arcade, I needed like $20 worth of credits. Luckily for me, I get to play for free. Cool storyline btw. 

If anybody is interested, Im the world record holder for total points, on the arcade titled, "Marvel Super Heroes". I here now challenge anybody to beat my score. If you do, I'll send you a NOS Odyssey seat clamp wink

http://www.twingalaxies.com/scoreboard/ … ame/37354/

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#65 2013-08-13 12:08pm

joey1320
Museum Addict

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#66 2013-08-13 2:39pm

DelMccoury
Shrimp Counter

IPD wrote:

I'm a die-hard & true-blood Nintendo fan.
I have 2 NES max's, 2 regular NES controllers, a lightgun and a dogbone (came with my MK2).

Nice, I love those nes dogbone controllers. so comfortable.

#67 2013-08-13 7:11pm

gumbii
Intermediate
Website

joey1320 wrote:

I just beat the X-Men Children Of The Atom arcade, I needed like $20 worth of credits. Luckily for me, I get to play for free. Cool storyline btw. 

If anybody is interested, Im the world record holder for total points, on the arcade titled, "Marvel Super Heroes". I here now challenge anybody to beat my score. If you do, I'll send you a NOS Odyssey seat clamp wink

how do you submit..??? i know i can beat it... my top score was 26 something and on MvC2 my top score was twice as much as the guinnes world record... too bad i don't have them games anymore...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/gumbii/95462f0a-cf09-4025-8326-38c811325be2_zps627ced0e.jpg[/img]

#68 2013-08-13 8:25pm

cliche guevara
Thoon The Goon
Bikes: 1

I want a Sega Master System!

Nice collection Del!

I spent my life fighting the evils of capitalism and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Guns don't kill people... Drivers with cell phones do.

#69 2013-08-13 8:29pm

joey1320
Museum Addict

gumbii wrote:

joey1320 wrote:

how do you submit..??? i know i can beat it... my top score was 26 something and on MvC2 my top score was twice as much as the guinnes world record... too bad i don't have them games anymore...

Hey niiiice!!! Which character did you play with?

You will need to download the proper emulator and Rom and follow their guidelines. If you look on their forum, there should be a procedure thread.

I was running a tourney here in Cleveland, and I offered $500 to whoever beat me, needless to say I kept my money lol. In all honesty, this game and WWF WrestleFest are my two fave games, so I'm all up for some good/friendly competition.

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#70 2013-08-13 9:02pm

gumbii
Intermediate
Website

joey1320 wrote:

gumbii wrote:

joey1320 wrote:

You will need to download the proper emulator and Rom and follow their guidelines. If you look on their forum, there should be a procedure thread.

I was running a tourney here in Cleveland, and I offered $500 to whoever beat me, needless to say I kept my money lol. In all honesty, this game and WWF WrestleFest are my two fave games, so I'm all up for some good/friendly competition.

i play psylocke for fun... but my best is ironman... mainly for the infinite combos... i love infinites... it's funny, because on MvC2, i used to play magneto and doom for the infinites... but now on ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, i use characters that have somewhat easy infinite combos, but never do them... i use magneto/nova/dr strange.. or nova/captain america/dr strange... i'm undefeated at my house and at some local circuits... just can't afford the time to compete at real tournaments... i know i'll win a couple of them though...

#71 2013-08-13 10:30pm

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Website

ah yes, wwf wrestlefest.  another great arcade classic.  frantic button mashing at its finest.

#72 2013-08-14 5:25am

joey1320
Museum Addict

IPD wrote:

ah yes, wwf wrestlefest.  another great arcade classic.  frantic button mashing at its finest.

Button mashing?? On the contraire my friend, a few hits here and there and you win yourself the match tongue

Can you beat it with one quarter? It's difficult cause The Legion Of Doom is insanely hard, but there are a few tricks and things you can do smile

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#73 2013-08-14 5:34am

joey1320
Museum Addict

gumbii wrote:

joey1320 wrote:

gumbii wrote:

i play psylocke for fun... but my best is ironman... mainly for the infinite combos... i love infinites... it's funny, because on MvC2, i used to play magneto and doom for the infinites... but now on ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, i use characters that have somewhat easy infinite combos, but never do them... i use magneto/nova/dr strange.. or nova/captain america/dr strange... i'm undefeated at my house and at some local circuits... just can't afford the time to compete at real tournaments... i know i'll win a couple of them though...

I'm not really a fan of the MvC franchise, the characters and the fighting engine are a bit biased. I like the MSH because pretty much every character is even. Also, I don't play much so all the new stuff is beyond me.

I play with Ironman too but I can do some damage with Wolverine lol. I'm not really into infinites, I can pull them off here and there, but they take away the fun of the match imo.

The tourney was run locally by a group on facebook, I contacted them and offered to put up my money against other guys. The guys who entered would pay $10 for a chance to beat me 3 out of 5. It was closed, but I still won. There were 14 guys who entered and 4 of them were reaaally good. Lucky for me I do good under pressure lol.

Keep Calm and Ride On!

#74 2013-08-14 8:53am

gumbii
Intermediate
Website

joey1320 wrote:

gumbii wrote:

joey1320 wrote:

I'm not really a fan of the MvC franchise, the characters and the fighting engine are a bit biased. I like the MSH because pretty much every character is even. Also, I don't play much so all the new stuff is beyond me.

I play with Ironman too but I can do some damage with Wolverine lol. I'm not really into infinites, I can pull them off here and there, but they take away the fun of the match imo.

The tourney was run locally by a group on facebook, I contacted them and offered to put up my money against other guys. The guys who entered would pay $10 for a chance to beat me 3 out of 5. It was closed, but I still won. There were 14 guys who entered and 4 of them were reaaally good. Lucky for me I do good under pressure lol.

yes... MvC games are very broken... all the characters are A-tier, but a hand full are always S-tier... but i'm liking UMvC3 because the developers are nerving and buffing the characters all the time to balance out the game... but i still think they should just kill virgil out of the game... dude is my kryptonite...

i also don't play much... probably play 3 times a week tops... but dude, try UMvC3 wolverine... he's a real character in this game... i really like this game because of their movement... in MSH, everyone's mobility is the same... same goes for most characters in the other marvel fighting games too... but this one... man... ironman feels like a guy in a suit.... LOL... i use one of the slowest characters in the game (dr strange) and can still defend against rush downs or go in for some combos... watch some tournaments on wwwtwitch.tv and see how real players play...

#75 2013-08-14 8:56am

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life

I still want a Rampage machine for my house . I loved that game . cool

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KBuwC_miGfs/Tsz5iwxxTQI/AAAAAAAAAnM/mFbh7pfPgJA/s400/rampage02.jpg

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

Board footer