You are not logged in.

'97 Haro Shredder "Super Deluxe" Restoration

#1 2013-04-18 8:01pm

mauricion69
Museum Newbie

'97 Haro Shredder "Super Deluxe" Restoration

Hey guys. New here and didn't even know their was this many people restoring there old bmxs.
Well here's the story.
I bought this bike off a friend of my brother's back in 1999. I was 15 years old and loved this bike. It was black and chrome and had silver wheels with massive pegs on em. A couple years later I wanted some change and stripped the flat black off and spray painted it red. And then Blue a couple years after that.
Fast forward to 2013. Now messing around with motorcycle parts, wanted to get some of them powder coated black and was told there is a minimum charge and that I should bring more stuff in. I thought perfect as Ive wanted the Haro back to its original color. and that's what started everything.
I didn't take any before pics. I wish I had though!
Fresh from the powder coater Ive slapped on all new brake cables, new Haro tires, New Haro grips and ordered a couple original parts from ebay.
This came in the mail today, and an original Fusion seat post clamp is on the way. I still have the original crank and primo pedals, but I wanted the bike to look new when finished.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/mauricion69/image_zps0e8c1abc.jpeg
Only bad part is the rear rim has a nice crack in it and was told that it can not be fixed. I cant get it welded?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/mauricion69/HaroShredderSuperDeluxe3_zps705ca0ec.jpeg
Im trying to find original fusion rims.I might have found an entire bike. Only bad part is its been sitting outside for the past 3 years(in Canada... Not Good!!)
Looking for new stickers But cant find much. Especially for the super Deluxe. Is this like a rare bike or something? Its hard to even find pics of it. I guess Ill settle for just the original head tube sticker if anyone knows where to find it.
So Heres what she looks like currently, Ill post more pics as I go on.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/mauricion69/HaroShredderSuperDeluxe2_zps096a9a73.jpeg

#2 2013-04-18 8:13pm

YankeeJim
27 & Counting...
Bikes: 3

Re: '97 Haro Shredder "Super Deluxe" Restoration

Looks like a good start. smile

HELLTRACK BYLAW 812.3 BRAVO-
To be eligible, a rider must be sponsored by a company with at least $50,000 in sales.

#3 2013-04-18 10:44pm

tapanui
Intermediate
Bikes: 1

yes it is but that rim is stuffed and for the price not worth fixing

I troll the nights ;D

#4 2013-04-19 5:04pm

kevin108
Kdog Bikes
Bikes: 11

Welcome .....looks good so far. Decals will be tough. Keep your eye out on local cl adds for a mid 90s
Haro for the wheels. I've seen a few completes for good prices.

#5 2015-02-22 6:59am

PARCELPOX
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 3

I have the exact decal set for this deluxe shredder for sale if u want some

Board footer