You are not logged in.

For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

#7601 2020-03-12 11:50am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member
From: Fountain Valley, CA
Signed up: 2007-06-28
Posts: 33119
Bikes: 87
Website
Online

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!


Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

Online

 

#7602 2020-03-18 6:54pm

LooseNut
Museum Addict
From: Huntsville,Texas
Signed up: 2012-01-12
Posts: 1048
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

Anyone here running a 2018 Haro Flatland Master frame that could discuss their gearing?

I'm currently building one and would like to run the rear slammed. The 25T/9T gearing with Odyssey Keychain won't play nice.

Helpity Help Help.

Offline

 

#7603 2020-03-18 7:03pm

retrofreak
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-08-06
Posts: 652
Bikes: 33
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

LooseNut wrote:

Anyone here running a 2018 Haro Flatland Master frame that could discuss their gearing?

I'm currently building one and would like to run the rear slammed. The 25T/9T gearing with Odyssey Keychain won't play nice.

Helpity Help Help.

Yes I’m building a 2018 mint Flatland Master right now and running 25T/9T slammed, but with a half link KMC chain.

Offline

 

#7604 2020-03-18 7:06pm

LooseNut
Museum Addict
From: Huntsville,Texas
Signed up: 2012-01-12
Posts: 1048
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

Anyone here running a 2018 Haro Flatland Master frame that could discuss their gearing?

I'm currently building one and would like to run the rear slammed. The 25T/9T gearing with Odyssey Keychain won't play nice.

Helpity Help Help.

Yes I’m building a 2018 mint Flatland Master right now and running 25T/9T slammed, but with a half link KMC chain.

Fascinating! Did you just get lucky with that chain or did you have to play trial and error with other chains?

I can't figure out why it won't work with the Odyssey Key Chain using the included half link.... I alway thought all chains were basically the same length when it came to the links.

Last edited by LooseNut (2020-03-18 7:11pm)

Offline

 

#7605 2020-03-18 7:16pm

retrofreak
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-08-06
Posts: 652
Bikes: 33
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

LooseNut wrote:

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

Anyone here running a 2018 Haro Flatland Master frame that could discuss their gearing?

I'm currently building one and would like to run the rear slammed. The 25T/9T gearing with Odyssey Keychain won't play nice.

Helpity Help Help.

Yes I’m building a 2018 mint Flatland Master right now and running 25T/9T slammed, but with a half link KMC chain.

Fascinating! Did you just get lucky with that chain or did you have to play trial and error with other chains?

I can't figure out why it won't work with the Odyssey Key Chain using the included half link.... I alway thought all chains were basically the same length when it came to the links.

I guess, I’ve always ran KMC half links and it just worked out of the box.

Offline

 

#7606 2020-03-18 7:21pm

LooseNut
Museum Addict
From: Huntsville,Texas
Signed up: 2012-01-12
Posts: 1048
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

retrofreak wrote:

Yes I’m building a 2018 mint Flatland Master right now and running 25T/9T slammed, but with a half link KMC chain.

Fascinating! Did you just get lucky with that chain or did you have to play trial and error with other chains?

I can't figure out why it won't work with the Odyssey Key Chain using the included half link.... I alway thought all chains were basically the same length when it came to the links.

I guess, I’ve always ran KMC half links and it just worked out of the box.

Cool. Thanks for the tip! cool

Offline

 

#7607 2020-03-18 7:24pm

retrofreak
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-08-06
Posts: 652
Bikes: 33
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

LooseNut wrote:

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

Fascinating! Did you just get lucky with that chain or did you have to play trial and error with other chains?

I can't figure out why it won't work with the Odyssey Key Chain using the included half link.... I alway thought all chains were basically the same length when it came to the links.

I guess, I’ve always ran KMC half links and it just worked out of the box.

Cool. Thanks for the tip! cool

No worries and good luck with the build, I’m sure you’ll get it sorted.
By the way what serial do you have, I’ve got number FLT028

Offline

 

#7608 2020-03-18 7:32pm

LooseNut
Museum Addict
From: Huntsville,Texas
Signed up: 2012-01-12
Posts: 1048
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

retrofreak wrote:

I guess, I’ve always ran KMC half links and it just worked out of the box.

Cool. Thanks for the tip! cool

No worries and good luck with the build, I’m sure you’ll get it sorted.
By the way what serial do you have, I’ve got number FLT028

FLT012

Offline

 

#7609 2020-03-18 7:39pm

retrofreak
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-08-06
Posts: 652
Bikes: 33
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

LooseNut wrote:

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

Cool. Thanks for the tip! cool

No worries and good luck with the build, I’m sure you’ll get it sorted.
By the way what serial do you have, I’ve got number FLT028

FLT012

Nice!!!

Offline

 

#7610 2020-03-18 8:02pm

justkaelin
Pro Member
From: Beavercreek, OH
Signed up: 2009-07-08
Posts: 802
Bikes: 9
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

retrofreak wrote:

No worries and good luck with the build, I’m sure you’ll get it sorted.
By the way what serial do you have, I’ve got number FLT028

FLT012

Nice!!!

how many are there?
are they all sequential? FLT012-FLT013-FLT014 etc


[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/31755/screen-shot-2020-10-07-at-9.29.01-pm5f7e6b8f8b.png[/img]

Offline

 

#7611 2020-03-18 10:52pm

retrofreak
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-08-06
Posts: 652
Bikes: 33
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

justkaelin wrote:

retrofreak wrote:

LooseNut wrote:

FLT012

Nice!!!

how many are there?
are they all sequential? FLT012-FLT013-FLT014 etc

I’m not sure if they’re sequential and if memories correct they only made 100.

Last edited by retrofreak (2020-03-18 11:02pm)

Offline

 

#7612 2020-03-19 6:51am

pwh4130
Pro Member
From: Hollywood, PA
Signed up: 2008-11-05
Posts: 2316
Bikes: 8
Website
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

How does a chain not work?  Are you looking for a specific chainstay length?  You might have to compromise a couple of mm.


ride your bike until it breaks.

Offline

 

#7613 2020-03-22 6:15am

Voltron BadAzz
Member
From: Carlisle, PA
Signed up: 2011-10-03
Posts: 54
Bikes: 10
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

First run was robbed!!


First, we have to organize lots of shopping carts, and newspapers, to sleep on.

Offline

 

#7614 2020-03-22 6:17am

Voltron BadAzz
Member
From: Carlisle, PA
Signed up: 2011-10-03
Posts: 54
Bikes: 10
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!


First, we have to organize lots of shopping carts, and newspapers, to sleep on.

Offline

 

#7615 2020-03-22 6:22am

ChristianHetheMurray
Pro MemberThundercougarfalconbird
From: Carlisle, PA
Signed up: 2010-12-25
Posts: 6814
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 35
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

Voltron BadAzz wrote:

First run was robbed!!

Yes. This guy rocks. cool

Last edited by ChristianHetheMurray (2020-03-22 6:23am)


My flatland is ... always smooth!!!!

[img]http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/khe-bikes-11159567381c2_lg.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#7616 2020-04-09 11:59am

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
From: New Mexico
Signed up: 2008-03-06
Posts: 2225
Bikes: 4
Website
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

What can I try next?

I've dusted off the flatland bike as part of my social distancing plan. I bought it a long time ago thinking I'd like to do some tricks, but I struggled and made little to no progress, but I'm wanting to try again.

I'm starting to get a bit more stable on peg wheelies. But I only do them in a straight line. Do I keep doing them straight until I get more of a lock to try circles? Same with reverse steamrollers. I'm still looking to stabilize and roll a longer distance, but will eventually need to circle.

I'd love to do hang-5s but I can't seem to get anywhere close, way over, way under, can't seem to roll them at all. I've been doing squeekers to try and find my balance point over the wheel with minimal amounts of success.

I have no rear brake, if that makes a difference, but I'm looking for some other basic things I can work on. Any thoughts?


I like new school, it's all I ride.
I love to look at all BMX bikes, I just love the sport.

Offline

 

#7617 2020-04-09 1:35pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
From: Hollywood, PA
Signed up: 2008-11-05
Posts: 2316
Bikes: 8
Website
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

Oldmanjoe-  A couple of weeks ago I posted some basics that can be done with or without pegs and brakes.  I put them together as a youtube video.  There's something in here for everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9-ym8oOgw&t=5s


ride your bike until it breaks.

Offline

 

#7618 2020-04-09 1:35pm

pwh4130
Pro Member
From: Hollywood, PA
Signed up: 2008-11-05
Posts: 2316
Bikes: 8
Website
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

Double post so I'm going to add, just do whatever feels fun.  Doing a trick in a straight line or in a circle are kind of different.  I'd say if you can do a circle, you can go straight but not the other way around.

Last edited by pwh4130 (2020-04-09 1:39pm)


ride your bike until it breaks.

Offline

 

#7619 2020-04-09 1:58pm

oldmanjoe
Museum Addict
From: New Mexico
Signed up: 2008-03-06
Posts: 2225
Bikes: 4
Website
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

pwh4130 wrote:

Double post so I'm going to add, just do whatever feels fun.  Doing a trick in a straight line or in a circle are kind of different.  I'd say if you can do a circle, you can go straight but not the other way around.

Thank you.
I seem to have a short attention span so I need more things to try. I'm hoping to get something good enough to build on.

I started your video going yes, I got that, then you did that decade thing and I LOLed. not yet. Some of those things are way over my head, but others seem like I should be trying. Thank you very much for the inspiration.


I like new school, it's all I ride.
I love to look at all BMX bikes, I just love the sport.

Offline

 

#7620 2020-04-10 10:07am

ChristianHetheMurray
Pro MemberThundercougarfalconbird
From: Carlisle, PA
Signed up: 2010-12-25
Posts: 6814
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 35
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

pwh4130 wrote:

Oldmanjoe-  A couple of weeks ago I posted some basics that can be done with or without pegs and brakes.  I put them together as a youtube video.  There's something in here for everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9-ym8oOgw&t=5s

Good stuff. I like how you roll out of the reverse steamroller. Looks smooth! cool


My flatland is ... always smooth!!!!

[img]http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/khe-bikes-11159567381c2_lg.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#7621 2020-04-10 10:22am

made2drag
Pro MemberHaro Lineage Fan
From: USA
Signed up: 2012-03-15
Posts: 11342
Bikes: 9
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

oldmanjoe wrote:

What can I try next?

I've dusted off the flatland bike as part of my social distancing plan. I bought it a long time ago thinking I'd like to do some tricks, but I struggled and made little to no progress, but I'm wanting to try again.

I'm starting to get a bit more stable on peg wheelies. But I only do them in a straight line. Do I keep doing them straight until I get more of a lock to try circles? Same with reverse steamrollers. I'm still looking to stabilize and roll a longer distance, but will eventually need to circle.

I'd love to do hang-5s but I can't seem to get anywhere close, way over, way under, can't seem to roll them at all. I've been doing squeekers to try and find my balance point over the wheel with minimal amounts of success.

I have no rear brake, if that makes a difference, but I'm looking for some other basic things I can work on. Any thoughts?

On hang 5's, try moving your foot a little farther back on the peg, adjust your seat up or down until your butt is touching where the bike likes the pivot point.  The pivot point is just shy of tipping over.  I always kick off the rear peg but some use the pedal.  Arm position changes, tapping the brakes slightly, looking forward, etc until you get it... speed and body position are key.  I used to be able to do 20-50 feet depending on how flat it was, now I'm happy with 20 feet.

Last edited by made2drag (2020-04-11 7:36pm)

Offline

 

#7622 2020-04-10 2:02pm

moncho
Pro Member
From: Puerto Rico
Signed up: 2011-04-21
Posts: 795
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

Blast from the past! My section from 1999 "Puerto Rico Extremo" filmed and produced by my late friend Pedro Medina. I loved that 2-Hip bikes Terra Firma with Graveyard T.I. bars, Brickhouse Bikes stem, GT Show fork and crankset.
Thanks to my bro Junior Polanco for sending me this video!

Last edited by moncho (2020-04-10 2:03pm)

Offline

 

#7623 2020-04-29 8:44am

ChristianHetheMurray
Pro MemberThundercougarfalconbird
From: Carlisle, PA
Signed up: 2010-12-25
Posts: 6814
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 35
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

moncho wrote:

Blast from the past! My section from 1999 "Puerto Rico Extremo" filmed and produced by my late friend Pedro Medina. I loved that 2-Hip bikes Terra Firma with Graveyard T.I. bars, Brickhouse Bikes stem, GT Show fork and crankset.
Thanks to my bro Junior Polanco for sending me this video!

Very nice brother. You killed it! coolcoolcool


My flatland is ... always smooth!!!!

[img]http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/khe-bikes-11159567381c2_lg.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#7624 2020-04-29 8:47am

ChristianHetheMurray
Pro MemberThundercougarfalconbird
From: Carlisle, PA
Signed up: 2010-12-25
Posts: 6814
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 35
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

My son surprised me a month or two ago with a pair of Precision Barfly's. So I threw it on my daily. (or should I say weekly, since I generally just get to ride on the weekend).  Liking the feel! cool

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/2013-ares-aplus-470-089---precision-products-barfly-v25ea9a16064.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/2013-ares-aplus-470-0885ea9a13154.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/55127/2013-ares-aplus-470-0875ea9a13134.jpg

Last edited by ChristianHetheMurray (2020-04-29 8:47am)


My flatland is ... always smooth!!!!

[img]http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/khe-bikes-11159567381c2_lg.jpg[/img]

Offline

 

#7625 2020-04-30 5:10am

polterdeal
BMXer 4 Life
From: Philly Burbs
Signed up: 2011-08-04
Posts: 4482
Bikes: 23
Offline

Re: For Those That Want To Talk About NEW SCHOOL FLATLAND !!!

Retired my Sick Child after 7ish years, built this up the other day...
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/72033/a17939b5-487e-4d54-8b26-2d0be3ef73335eaac01dec.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/72033/f4571b95-27b6-435c-8e28-ca480f2ff4145eaac01ea0.jpeg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/72033/d0dda03b-0ea1-4610-b086-560fb3e2c5e25eaac01dde.jpeg


"Why do I need a bag for my dimes?" asked a wise man once...

Offline

 

Board footer