You are not logged in.

PUNK ROCK FANS.....LOVE TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

#276 2017-12-23 6:45am

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 24

Re: PUNK ROCK FANS.....LOVE TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#277 2017-12-29 8:35am

miketfromracine
Pro Member
Bikes: 9

I’m from Racine wi and I still listen to my old punk. Gbh, jfa, exploited, cramps, Jerry’s kids, ganggreen, peterandtesttubebabies,  early 80s LA scene, early Boston scene, even Kenosha punk like u s distress, 10/96, acid bath, beautiful Bert r.i.p. How about early country, garage surf style bands. I ll go on and on. D O A, MDC, some circle jerks, some early dk,  Rey rayes led black flag, no henry Rollins, he’s a big blow hard. No jello Biafra, he thinks he a philosopher. Pshh. Even Keith Morris talks too much these days. And last but not least, I pledge my allegiance to SUICIDALXXTENDENCIESXX. Anyone hit me up to talk or ride. I have about 15 bikes to cruise our northbeach, you can borrow one of mine. Maybe we run into Capt Nemo. He’s a huge SE racing local collecter in my town. How about early hiphop? How about roller skating, I still have my skates, reidells with satellites and lebadas, badass skates. Early Country music, early surf music, I ll talk about it all...

Newbie...
No front brakes, except for freestyle.
Adjust your seat and bars, so it looks like you actually ride.
Use cruiser bars on cruisers.
No laybacks on cruisers either, jeez.

#278 2017-12-29 8:52am

perront
Pro MemberLEVEL UP
Bikes: 24

miketfromracine wrote:

I’m from Racine wi and I still listen to my old punk. Gbh, jfa, exploited, cramps, Jerry’s kids, ganggreen, peterandtesttubebabies,  early 80s LA scene, early Boston scene, even Kenosha punk like u s distress, 10/96, acid bath, beautiful Bert r.i.p. How about early country, garage surf style bands. I ll go on and on. D O A, MDC, some circle jerks, some early dk,  Rey rayes led black flag, no henry Rollins, he’s a big blow hard. No jello Biafra, he thinks he a philosopher. Pshh. Even Keith Morris talks too much these days. And last but not least, I pledge my allegiance to SUICIDALXXTENDENCIESXX. Anyone hit me up to talk or ride. I have about 15 bikes to cruise our northbeach, you can borrow one of mine. Maybe we run into Capt Nemo. He’s a huge SE racing local collecter in my town. How about early hiphop? How about roller skating, I still have my skates, reidells with satellites and lebadas, badass skates. Early Country music, early surf music, I ll talk about it all...

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!  Come to the Midwest Show, and we'll talk music.
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 1#p5995651

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentFree AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonPowerlitePowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksmanGT!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

#279 2017-12-29 2:38pm

teachbmxcharlie
Museum Addict

coloradocoupe wrote:

Blackrabbit666 wrote:

coloradocoupe wrote:

Punk is dead

Only in your mind.

Name one good new punk band

https://daveydynamite.bandcamp.com/album/holy-shit-2

#280 2017-12-29 2:39pm

teachbmxcharlie
Museum Addict

socaldude wrote:

So the Misfits (w/ Glenn and Jerry) are playing in Las Vegas on the 28th and in L.A. on the 30th. Anyone else gonna check em out? I’m hitting up the Vegas show.

How was Fear? Lee still got the chops? I'm not a fan of the Misfits.

#281 2017-12-29 4:04pm

socaldude
Pro MemberThe Hawaiian Hacker
Bikes: 40
Website

teachbmxcharlie wrote:

socaldude wrote:

So the Misfits (w/ Glenn and Jerry) are playing in Las Vegas on the 28th and in L.A. on the 30th. Anyone else gonna check em out? I’m hitting up the Vegas show.

How was Fear? Lee still got the chops? I'm not a fan of the Misfits.

Fear was good. Sound was a bit off though. Alkaline trio played well but the half of their set had off sound also. Then, it seems like the sound guy started listening and the sound got pretty food. Misfits played awesome. Acey Slade on rhythm guitar.

planetbicycle@yahoo.com

Would love to find my old Dirt Bike.  It was stolen in Pompano Beach, Florida in about 1996.  It's a '92 with the block graphics on a Green frame.  Pitchforks, Slam bars, King Headset, GT (DK-style) stem and GT/Profile cranks.  Superlace hubs.  Would really love to put this back in my collection.

#282 2017-12-29 4:08pm

TMS40
Pro Member

Give 80’s Oz band The Hard-Ons a listen to. Cracking tunes.

#283 2018-01-07 2:57pm

coloradocoupe
Pro MemberFlex Your Head!!!

perront wrote:

Some may disagree, but I maintain that this is an early example of punk rock...

No! But he is definitely the true king of rock and roll

#284 2018-01-07 3:30pm

Kurt_Rad
Post Restriction
Bikes: 97

Some Canadian content
DOA, SNFU, chixdiggit, Gob,

#285 2018-01-07 7:03pm

STAY RAD
Pro Member
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 7
Website

Kurt_Rad wrote:

Some Canadian content
DOA, SNFU, chixdiggit, Gob,

DOA are one of the greats.

--

#smallairbmx / #stayradbmx IG: @stay_rad_bmx
my life story: http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=693756

#286 2018-01-07 7:51pm

sc00ter
Intermediate

Meatmen are a fav of mine. Been lucky enough to see them 5 times. Always opening for "bigger" bands. I saw them open for GWAR (along with Acid Reign) and we walked out during GWAR, covered in glitter and fake? semen from Tesco's inflatable dong. Also a big Agent Orange fan but the vocals have been terrible the last couple of times I've seen them. One Agent Orange show was sponsored by Paps Blue Ribbon. I hate PBR but it was cheap and the cans came with free PBR kozies. The PBR's gave me beer farts so bad that Mike Palm called out the fart smell between songs! Payback was the hangover the next day!

#287 2018-01-08 1:59pm

socaldude
Pro MemberThe Hawaiian Hacker
Bikes: 40
Website

Anyone in Fullerton, Ca., Honolulu, Hi., or Kapaa, Hi. This weekend, come out and check out 88 Fingers Louie and Sic Waiting. We’re playing in support at the Honolulu show.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/35806/532bf4cb-1be4-42f5-8bcd-f591d9b2788f5a53e9928e.jpeg

planetbicycle@yahoo.com

Would love to find my old Dirt Bike.  It was stolen in Pompano Beach, Florida in about 1996.  It's a '92 with the block graphics on a Green frame.  Pitchforks, Slam bars, King Headset, GT (DK-style) stem and GT/Profile cranks.  Superlace hubs.  Would really love to put this back in my collection.

#288 2018-01-08 2:13pm

Kurt_Rad
Post Restriction
Bikes: 97

socaldude wrote:

Anyone in Fullerton, Ca., Honolulu, Hi., or Kapaa, Hi. This weekend, come out and check out 88 Fingers Louie and Sic Waiting. We’re playing in support at the Honolulu show.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 9928e.jpeg

88 Fingers Louie is a blast from my university days...especially 97-99 cool

Board footer