Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist
For Sale: 1

Re: JDB Really ??

Hutch Forever wrote:

the one i got was made in Canada !!   lollol

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/ … 089ed9.jpg

You must mean the lower mainland lol

Neoliberalism was born in Chile, and it will be in Chile where it dies.

#28 2013-03-15 10:28am

Hutch Forever
Old Guy With a Hutch
Bikes: 6

the frame set i got from John is super clean.  and really like the new design...

[img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t40/superdavelui/HutchDice.jpg[/img]
                        JUST SOME OLD GUY WITH HUTCH STUFF...     

44t-Canadian support.                          WANTED :

#29 2013-03-15 10:41am

Two-speed
Centurion Member
Bikes: 2

MrOlive wrote:

... the Tange factory is one of the best in the world in my opinion.

I agree. Tange has built some awesome bikes over the years, and has been doing it longer than almost anyone else. I would bet the quality of product from their Taiwan factory today would meet or exceed that of the Japanese factory of the '80's.

#30 2013-03-15 11:07am

John De Bruin
Pro Member
For Sale: 4
Website

Here's one reason why mfg. in USA is frustrating...

Today I went to order more seat clamps from my supplier who's made 3 batches already. This order more than doubles the quantity of any previous order, and also includes a recommendation to slip the finished part into the 4mil zip-lock bag (same as final packaging) rather than individually hand-wrap which was very labor intensive (what they were previously doing). Their response? Sorry, we need to INCREASE OUR PRICE BY 65%.

Classic bait-and-hook technique. They bait you to the point of you being dependent on them as a supplier, than pull the line as hard as they can to set the hook in your mouth with a huge price increase.

So how many of you are looking forward to your 65% price increase on the clamps? Still glad it's made in USA? 

FWIW, I have never seen a Taiwan company do this tactic. But I've been in mfg my whole career, and this is a lot more common that you might think for American companies.

#31 2013-03-15 11:09am

xtremevert
Pro MemberThe Gate Keeper
Bikes: 19

i just want to see the stupid frame set already!  mad  neutral

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#32 2013-03-15 11:13am

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist

John De Bruin wrote:

Today I went to order more seat clamps from my supplier who's made 3 batches already. This order more than doubles the quantity of any previous order, and also includes a recommendation to slip the finished part into the 4mil zip-lock bag (same as final packaging) rather than individually hand-wrap which was very labor intensive (what they were previously doing). Their response? Sorry, we need to INCREASE OUR PRICE BY 65%.

Classic bait-and-hook technique. They bait you to the point of you being dependent on them as a supplier, than pull the line as hard as they can to set the hook in your mouth with a huge price increase.

So how many of you are looking forward to your 65% price increase on the clamps? Still glad it's made in USA? 

FWIW, I have never seen a Taiwan company do this tactic. But I've been in mfg my whole career, and this is a lot more common that you might think for American companies.

So you place an order bigger than ever, you even offer a task/money saving tip, and they want to increase cost by 65%?

Go Taiwan! smile

Neoliberalism was born in Chile, and it will be in Chile where it dies.

#33 2013-03-15 11:15am

John De Bruin
Pro Member
For Sale: 4
Website

Correct

#34 2013-03-15 11:22am

wilster
Expert
Bikes: 18

HERE YA GO EXTREME VERT  http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/misterscary2/image-53_zps7822c0f0.jpghttp://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/misterscary2/image-53_zpsf7859638.jpghttp://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/misterscary2/image-53_zps458afb05.jpg     YA D BAG

#35 2013-03-15 11:22am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

John De Bruin wrote:

so you've been in manufacturing your whole career yet Eddie Fiola was able to swing an American made signature model and you couldn't?. guess you haven't learned much your whole career.

#36 2013-03-15 11:23am

wilster
Expert

NOW YOU SEE IT <<<<<<<<<<     WANNA BUY IT>>>>>>>>>>>>    CHEAP

#37 2013-03-15 11:27am

looptailnut
Pro MemberI luv Robk for hosting the build off

SARON81 wrote:

looptailnut wrote:

My Ford Mustang (American icon) was built in Mexico

Sure about that? What year?
I don't think it was.

2002 and I know it was tongue

Lets Go Steelers, Pens, and Bucs!!!!

#38 2013-03-15 11:27am

flatland1974
Pro MemberOzone Hole Plugger
For Sale: 70

Let's see how fast this thread goes to poop!I can hear the hate wagon coming!Let's just start enjoying these things for what they are... BADD ASS!wink

Taking NOS to POS since 1984!!!!!

#39 2013-03-15 11:30am

wilster
Expert

HEY BADBILL    THIS IS NOT A BASH THREAD SO IF YOUR GOING TO POST DIRTY SHIT DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE ON MAYBE YOUR OWN THREAD..      JDB WETHER ITS A USA OR TAIWAN THE FRAME IS SICK BRO

#40 2013-03-15 11:33am

OLDskullBMXER
Pro MemberUses a Pro Rotor

I bet the tubes were made in usa then shipped to Taiwan on a giant shipping barge.

__________°×°_________
Old man tiny bike. I'll never get a trick star.  sad

razberrydonutz@gmail.com

#41 2013-03-15 11:35am

OLDskullBMXER
Pro MemberUses a Pro Rotor

Most bike stuff i own was made in Taiwan.  Doesn't mean it sucks.

__________°×°_________
Old man tiny bike. I'll never get a trick star.  sad

razberrydonutz@gmail.com

#42 2013-03-15 11:35am

looptailnut
Pro MemberI luv Robk for hosting the build off

Axel10 wrote:

FRESH wrote:

looptailnut wrote:

Chevy Camaros are built in Canada

What's a Canada? Is that a beer? tongue

govern yourself accordingly smile

Thats awesome. Love me some Hockey, and Labbat Blue.
I believe that I'm personally responsible for Labbat Blue being the #1 selling Canadian beer in America.

Lets Go Steelers, Pens, and Bucs!!!!

#43 2013-03-15 11:40am

JAMMJ
Pro MemberBanned
Bikes: 13

Hell, the later mongooses after 85, was made in Taiwan.  big_smile

#44 2013-03-15 11:50am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless

wilster wrote:

HEY BADBILL    THIS IS NOT A BASH THREAD SO IF YOUR GOING TO POST DIRTY SHIT DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE ON MAYBE YOUR OWN THREAD..      JDB WETHER ITS A USA OR TAIWAN THE FRAME IS SICK BRO

what you talking about? you're the one who started this thread and then posted up a big clear picture of the made in taiwan. i was just stating how somebody who claims to have been in manufacturing his whole career goes off and has his products produced overseas and then you got noob to the market EF making his frames right here in the good ol u.s.. now if i was in the market of buying a new bike i would never build or ride i would steer towards the EF rather than JDB's creation anytime but i like how when someone states facts folks like you yell BASHING but i'm just asking a question.

#45 2013-03-15 11:50am

SARON81
Museum Addict
Bikes: 1

looptailnut wrote:

SARON81 wrote:

looptailnut wrote:

My Ford Mustang (American icon) was built in Mexico

Sure about that? What year?
I don't think it was.

2002 and I know it was tongue

Made in Dearborn, MI. USA. tongue

The 1st digit of the vin will be a "1" which is made in the USA.
The 11th digit of your vin will be an "F" which is the Deabrorn, MI plant.

#46 2013-03-15 11:56am

spyker
Pro MemberPimp In Training

John De Bruin wrote:

65% increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is such a lowlevel scumbag dishonest move by that company.It's greedy scumbag companies that pull bullshit like this,is the reason why manufacturing in the usa is slowly disappearing and moving to overseas.

If I was in your position during that time,I would have said to the person " No thanks,see you on the unemployment line in a few years when your business goes under ".

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!

#47 2013-03-15 12:03pm

spyker

badbill wrote:

so you've been in manufacturing your whole career yet Eddie Fiola was able to swing an American made signature model and you couldn't?. guess you haven't learned much your whole career.

It's not that he "couldn't",maybe he just didn't want to have them made here due to the BS he probably encountered during the process of having these frames made.

Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here

#48 2013-03-15 12:50pm

xtremevert

spyker wrote:

badbill wrote:

It's not that he "couldn't",maybe he just didn't want to have them made here due to the BS he probably encountered during the process of having these frames made.

+1 when you're doing a small run like Eddie it's easier to get things done locally.  And who gives a flying rip where they're built?  If they are same tubing, same quality built to spec does it really matter?  You can offer lower prices when you deal with overseas mfg'ing.  Isn't that better for us?  And they do have quality control over there as well.

Last edited by xtremevert (2013-03-15 12:50pm)

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#49 2013-03-15 12:58pm

spyker

xtremevert wrote:

spyker wrote:

badbill wrote:

+1 when you're doing a small run like Eddie it's easier to get things done locally.  And who gives a flying rip where they're built?  If they are same tubing, same quality built to spec does it really matter?  You can offer lower prices when you deal with overseas mfg'ing.  Isn't that better for us?  And they do have quality control over there as well.

I have been saying this for the longest time,but some people still insist the bike building capital of the world cannot build a quality product.

Alot of people don't realize,that having stuff made overseas and exported here supports more jobs and pays more taxes versus domestically made products.

$20 goes a long way here

#50 2013-03-15 1:00pm

xtremevert

spyker wrote:

John De Bruin wrote:

65% increase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is such a lowlevel scumbag dishonest move by that company.It's greedy scumbag companies that pull bullshit like this,is the reason why manufacturing in the usa is slowly disappearing and moving to overseas.

If I was in your position during that time,I would have said to the person " No thanks,see you on the unemployment line in a few years when your business goes under ".

no it's not.  I'm a mfg'er and when you involved in producing something you can give a price, start building it, notice it takes much longer and realize you should of charged more.  this happens all time especially on custom jobs.  especially on rinky dinky parts like post clamps.  or there is the other side, if it's a pain in the ass and not bringing in a whole bunch of money for the business, business owners will go high on purpose because some jobs just don't pay the bills like others do.  It either has to worth your time to do or don't do it at all.  It's not worth it.  in my business I came up with a $500 minimum.  You have to have some sort of base cost you need to meet to make it happen or why go work?  It's small jobs that kill a business (unless you have a contract for 1 million units) and that don't make any money that causes businesses to go under too.  You have to be realistic when looking at certain jobs your doing.  Maybe the guy said to himself, "ok, if i'm going to stop working on this $20,000 job to make $5 seat clamps I better charge more to cover my ass" you never know exactly what reason is, so you can't call him a scumbag.  hmm

Board footer

View Cart →