You are not logged in.

Who picked up the Aerospeeds for $3500 on E-Bay?  RSS Feed

#1 2013-02-28 10:11pm

skdevore
Pro MemberIt's Not For Sale, Francis!
Bikes: 37

Who picked up the Aerospeeds for $3500 on E-Bay?

There's no help for this Museum Junkie!

#2 2013-02-28 10:20pm

HUTCH-HUNTER
Pro MemberAKA MATT JONES
Bikes: 19

Re: Who picked up the Aerospeeds for $3500 on E-Bay?

A Big money baller did!!! Top dollar ..... Geeeeeze!!!

Nice cranks though!!!

#3 2013-02-28 10:22pm

skdevore

Looks like seller parted out his XL 24 for close to $6000.

#4 2013-02-28 10:28pm

sidedraught
Expert

I was following this bidding since day one, was amazed to see how hectic the bidding was at the end.

#5 2013-02-28 10:31pm

skdevore

Yeah, the bidder who stopped at $3500 probably wishes he had added an extra $2.   Got sniped for $3501.99.   hmm

#6 2013-02-28 10:34pm

Lewis
Pro Member
Bikes: 5

Good to see the hobby is well and alive good luck to the buyer hope it completes his/her build and would love to see it.cool

#7 2013-02-28 11:04pm

Kidcrock41
Museum Addict

Sh-t
I gave mine away for $2,000

Damn it !!!!!

#8 2013-02-28 11:23pm

daddy-o
Pro Member

I feel sick. I just sold a bike with a set of those for $25 on CL. The bike had all kinds of weird parts on it and I thought they said "HUFFY" NOT "HUTCH." They had been spray bombed so it was hard to tell. This is not good... yikes

#9 2013-02-28 11:28pm

Johnnny
Pro MemberI prefer Sockeye to be honest....
Bikes: 19
Website

daddy-o wrote:

I feel sick. I just sold a bike with a set of those for $25 on CL. The bike had all kinds of weird parts on it and I thought they said "HUFFY" NOT "HUTCH." They had been spray bombed so it was hard to tell. This is not good... yikes

pics or it didn't happen

Born again. Mom has a strong uterus.

#10 2013-02-28 11:30pm

daddy-o
Pro Member

Johnnny wrote:

daddy-o wrote:

pics or it didn't happen

lollol of course I was kidding lollol

#11 2013-02-28 11:42pm

spyker
Pro MemberDr. of Thuganonics

Lewis wrote:

Good to see the hobby is well and alive good luck to the buyer hope it completes his/her build and would love to see it.cool

Well and alive?

This latest ebay sale is a good example of the greed in this hobby,it's what's slowly killing it,not keeping it alive.With prices like this,people who want to complete their dream projects can no longer afford to finish their build.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
Lying cheating untrustworthy scamming livestock screwing ugly crater face racist snitch!

#12 2013-02-28 11:50pm

its-all-good
Pro MemberDon't Cheers Me Bro
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 145
Website

spyker wrote:

Lewis wrote:

Well and alive?

This latest ebay sale is a good example of the greed in this hobby,it's what's slowly killing it,not keeping it alive.With prices like this,people who want to complete their dream projects can no longer afford to finish their build.

No greed. It is supply and demand. The seller did not start them with that high price! The market brought the price up. roll

#13 2013-03-01 12:18am

Stoner71
BMXer 4 Life

its-all-good wrote:

spyker wrote:

Lewis wrote:

Well and alive?

No greed. It is supply and demand. The seller did not start them with that high price! The market brought the price up. roll

I have to agree with that. Whatever it sells for, it sells for. Sure some people may not be able to realize their dream bike, but thats not much of a shattered dream in the big scheme of life. Anyone who truely appreciates BMX and what it offers, can purchase a nice bike for well under 4 figures. And when presented with the choice of riding or not riding, even a $179 Wal Goose is accetable. To me and the people I roll with, what kills the hobby is hoarding. It makes me feel like a POS for belonging to a hobby where people put a dozen of each part above and beyond a home, school, or anything of true value in life for the affirmation of strangers. Its like a lifelong athlete walking into a room filled with dudes wearing his football jersey while playing magic in their 40's. I consider myself a strong, resourceful, educated person based on what I've done and how I've done it. When I go running for the hills and think about selling everything to take up ping pong instead, that says a lot about my thoughts on the state of hoarding and the sadness discontent that it breeds.

Im glad someone cleaned up on those cranks, it means America is still doing something right. Supply and demand, overpriced or not is a true luxury 160 nations out of the near 200 cant even dream about.

Ummmmm..........Yeah.

#14 2013-03-01 1:49am

psychoduddycycles
Pro MemberWAYYYY in the red since 1983

Stoner71 wrote:

its-all-good wrote:

spyker wrote:

Well and alive?

I have to agree with that. Whatever it sells for, it sells for. Sure some people may not be able to realize their dream bike, but thats not much of a shattered dream in the big scheme of life. Anyone who truely appreciates BMX and what it offers, can purchase a nice bike for well under 4 figures. And when presented with the choice of riding or not riding, even a $179 Wal Goose is accetable. To me and the people I roll with, what kills the hobby is hoarding. It makes me feel like a POS for belonging to a hobby where people put a dozen of each part above and beyond a home, school, or anything of true value in life for the affirmation of strangers. Its like a lifelong athlete walking into a room filled with dudes wearing his football jersey while playing magic in their 40's. I consider myself a strong, resourceful, educated person based on what I've done and how I've done it. When I go running for the hills and think about selling everything to take up ping pong instead, that says a lot about my thoughts on the state of hoarding and the sadness discontent that it breeds.

Im glad someone cleaned up on those cranks, it means America is still doing something right. Supply and demand, overpriced or not is a true luxury 160 nations out of the near 200 cant even dream about.

I don't usually quote things here this big. I hate scrolling... lol

Anyways,
I disagree with yous 2. It's not supply and demand. It's new money. The supply is already there.... and here's my ramblings on the matter.

Unless it's Woody or Juan or Haney or somebody like that bidding this stuff up to preserve or whatever, be real. The rest of us have been trading this shit around for years. Why would us, the common man, bid this stuff up? That makes no sense. A good percentage of the stuff on ebay has been in almost everyone here's (or Society's) garage at one point or other. Who's going to pay 3-4x as much to get stuff they already owned or something just like it. Unless you are under 30 at this point or never rode a bike in your life, who's sweatin' this stuff that bad? Who really cares to question it?

The vintage cars vs BMX market argument holds no weight with me so don't bother addressing it. I wouldn't give anyone ten bucks for a 30 year old fan belt or spark plugs. And Vintage Cragars are the same price they were 20 years ago. So pffft.

So I don't get the whole vintage BMX market warriors lately. The vintage Schwinn market hasn't changed in years, maybe even gone down. Why is BMX so hot all the sudden? No possible way in this universe am I going to fork over 4k for a repainted RLII right now. But, that's what's happening. 30yo Hutch cranks that truly suck performance wise, for $3500?  Might as well buy a Fabergé egg. Those are nice to look at and pretty much useless too. What can you actually DO with Aerospeeds anyway? Putt around the neighborhood and make sure everyone sees them. Really the winners here are the seller and the guy that only bid 3500. The loser is the guy that bought a nice piece of artwork that no one is going to care about in 60 years.

Talk it up if you have something to sell I guess. Get all the frat boys into it so they can be cooler than the other guy.

I don't know man. The whole thing seems weird to me for something so trivial. The collecting thing sound herds geeky from my vantage point. And, that's a turn off. "Let's flip BMX bikes for $ SHOOTS YEAH BRAH!" awkward. I guess I'm too laid back.

Hope I didn't offend anyone during the writing of this post. Shit, I probably did. Oh well, thems the straight knuckles how I sees 'em.

big_smile

Sometimes, to make a paradise, you gotta release a SERPENT.

#15 2013-03-01 2:59am

vintage chromoly
Pro Member
For Sale: 20

spyker wrote:

Lewis wrote:

Well and alive?

This statement is at the top of the list of the dumbest things I've ever read here!

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me spyker. lol

As far as the auction goes......I think it's awesome that more than a few people were willing to pay upwards of 3000 dollars for rechromed cranks. Makes the hobby interesting. Think of it this way guys.....how much fun would playing poker be if you played for fun instead of money?

Also, it keeps the thrill of the hunt alive. It's kind of cool that every collector can't have every piece of their bmx puzzle. It brings back the feeling some of us had as kids, wanting an item in the local bike shop that was a bit out of reach (think flight cranks). Sure we could buy them if we mowed lawns for a year and saved all our lunch money for them and when we finally acquired an item, it really meant something.

Now, for those that don't like the price and are unwilling to put in the legwork to find a set or trade up to acquire a real set, they have the option of buying a fake pair for 500 or so and can pretend they have them too.

unions.... the folks who brought you the weekend!
Your - belongs to you....You're - You are /Its - Belongs to it....It's - It is / Brake - Slows your car....Break - Falls apart
There - Not here....Their - Not yours....They're - they are
Here - Not there....Hear - To perceive sound
Lose - To not win....Loose - Not tight
Sale - this is FOR SALE....Sell - Going to get rid of
Since - From then till now... Scents - Smells..... Sense - Conscious awareness....Cents - pennies

#16 2013-03-01 3:09am

lipshtzz
Pro MemberThe Grim Reaper

Why do you ask you taking notes? Are you going to offer the guy $4000.00 for them,you got a set to sell me  for $100.00 our are you going to rob his house?
Its tax time, people have money to burn and its there money to do what they want with.
Next you going to ask how much i make a year like my kids lol

Last edited by lipshtzz (2013-03-01 3:15am)

#17 2013-03-01 3:15am

psychoduddycycles

vintage chromoly wrote:

spyker wrote:

Lewis wrote:

Well and alive?

It brings back the feeling some of us had as kids..

Really? A feeling? That sounds like a drug addict to me man. The feeling would be taking that set of areospeeds or 401's out of the box, putting them on your bike and ROCKIN' OUT!!!...in 1984. I was there. Anything else is chasing the high and kind of lame.

It's cool if one want to live in the past but, I have a King Diamond nightlight. and it whispers in my ear whilst I sleep.

#18 2013-03-01 3:23am

vintage chromoly
Pro Member
For Sale: 20

psychoduddycycles wrote:

vintage chromoly wrote:

spyker wrote:

Well and alive?

It brings back the feeling some of us had as kids..

Really? A feeling? That sounds like a drug addict to me man. The feeling would be taking that set of areospeeds or 401's out of the box, putting them on your bike and ROCKIN' OUT!!!...in 1984. I was there. Anything else is chasing the high and kind of lame.

It's cool if one want to live in the past but, I have a King Diamond nightlight. and it whispers in my ear whilst I sleep.

I suppose you could see it that way but, I bet quite a few folks collect this stuff as a way to reconnect with their childhood and the good times we had playing around with this stuff.
No different than collecting anything else.

The drug addiction thing is a bit of a reach. Not quite Sure I follow that logic.
Maybe no one should ever listen to old tunes or visit places they were fond of as a youngster. You know, that would be lame as it would mean a person was living in the past.

Carry on. cool

Last edited by vintage chromoly (2013-03-01 3:24am)

unions.... the folks who brought you the weekend!
Your - belongs to you....You're - You are /Its - Belongs to it....It's - It is / Brake - Slows your car....Break - Falls apart
There - Not here....Their - Not yours....They're - they are
Here - Not there....Hear - To perceive sound
Lose - To not win....Loose - Not tight
Sale - this is FOR SALE....Sell - Going to get rid of
Since - From then till now... Scents - Smells..... Sense - Conscious awareness....Cents - pennies

#19 2013-03-01 3:38am

psychoduddycycles

vintage chromoly wrote:

The drug addiction thing is a bit of a reach.:

lol It was a strech but, these jokes don't write themselves brah.

#20 2013-03-01 4:18am

kilrgt
Pro MemberFreestyle, there is no substitute

For the life of me I still cant understand why people care what others are willing to pay? Look at it like this most of you have cars..you decided to but a Honda civic because thats what you can afford, the next guy dicides to buy a Lambo or whatever..is he killing the car industy?  Play in the bracket you can afford, dont worry what someone else is paying...The winning bidder Obviously wanted those cranks, most of you are pissed because you didnt pick them up for a steel.

You wanna play you gotta pay.

#21 2013-03-01 4:41am

85mongoose
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

kilrgt wrote:

For the life of me I still cant understand why people care what others are willing to pay? Look at it like this most of you have cars..you decided to but a Honda civic because thats what you can afford, the next guy dicides to buy a Lambo or whatever..is he killing the car industy?  Play in the bracket you can afford, dont worry what someone else is paying...The winning bidder Obviously wanted those cranks, most of you are pissed because you didnt pick them up for a steel.

You wanna play you gotta pay.

Well said cool

O.G.O.A.R Club- Life Member

#22 2013-03-01 4:44am

Advan
Pro MemberHey Santa, you geriatric wanker...where's my bike?
Bikes: 34
For Sale: 2

Isn't the seller a member here?

Wanted- White Industries Freewheel 19T and 20T, and Big Gulp bars- because I think they look goofy enough to cruise with!

#23 2013-03-01 5:20am

mpower
Bikes: 6

Unbelievable, a crank for 3.5k.

#24 2013-03-01 5:24am

Meltdown
Pro Member

If I had their money, I would burn mine.yikes

#25 2013-03-01 5:30am

JAMMJ
Pro MemberBanned
Bikes: 13

psychoduddycycles wrote:

Anyways,
I disagree with yous 2. It's not supply and demand. It's new money. The supply is already there.... and here's my ramblings on the matter.

Unless it's Woody or Juan or Haney or somebody like that bidding this stuff up to preserve or whatever, be real. The rest of us have been trading this shit around for years. Why would us, the common man, bid this stuff up? That makes no sense. A good percentage of the stuff on ebay has been in almost everyone here's (or Society's) garage at one point or other. Who's going to pay 3-4x as much to get stuff they already owned or something just like it. Unless you are under 30 at this point or never rode a bike in your life, who's sweatin' this stuff that bad? Who really cares to question it?

The vintage cars vs BMX market argument holds no weight with me so don't bother addressing it. I wouldn't give anyone ten bucks for a 30 year old fan belt or spark plugs. And Vintage Cragars are the same price they were 20 years ago. So pffft.

So I don't get the whole vintage BMX market warriors lately. The vintage Schwinn market hasn't changed in years, maybe even gone down. Why is BMX so hot all the sudden? No possible way in this universe am I going to fork over 4k for a repainted RLII right now. But, that's what's happening. 30yo Hutch cranks that truly suck performance wise, for $3500?  Might as well buy a Fabergé egg. Those are nice to look at and pretty much useless too. What can you actually DO with Aerospeeds anyway? Putt around the neighborhood and make sure everyone sees them. Really the winners here are the seller and the guy that only bid 3500. The loser is the guy that bought a nice piece of artwork that no one is going to care about in 60 years.

I agree.

Board footer

View Cart →