Old School BMX Show and Flow at Ray's MTB MKE  RSS Feed

#51 2013-02-02 12:14pm

leghound79
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

Re: Old School BMX Show and Flow at Ray's MTB MKE

Capt. Nemo wrote:

leghound79 wrote:

The title does say, "Old School BMX SHOW and Flow", right?      I don't know if you guys have ever been to an, "Old School BMX Show", but that's what happens there.         People show their bikes!         They have these separate groups called "classes".         You enter your bike in the appropriate class, and hope to win.          It's just friendly competition.        Just to get recognition for all the, time, money, and work we put into resurrecting these bikes back to the BMX goodness that they once were.        Even better that we can ride too, at this show.      But, if everyone is more interested in the, "Flow" part of it.       Lets forget the show all together, and just ride.       Rays is only 10min away for me, so I'll come either way.      I would've been to the last get together there, but I was in the hospital waiting for my grandson to be born.       Considering we can go there any time just to ride, why don't we make this different and have an "Old School BMX Show".

What are these "shows" you speak of?  Never heard of 'em. wink tongue

I guess I'm too busy riding bikes to be sitting on my butt "showing" them. lol

My point was people are bitching about the price of admission. If people want to "show" their bikes for free, there are plenty of oportunities to do that. Next week in Indiana for example.

If people don't want to attend this "show and flow" because their "flow" left them in 1988, then yes by all means, stay home. Save your "show" time for Crown Point, Rockford, Madison and whatever other local "shows" trip your trigger.

But if you have an old school bike, and still enjoy getting a little rad once in awhile, maybe THIS is the event you should attend.

Just sayin'. smile

You're still missing the point!           The title says, "Old School BMX SHOW and Flow", correct?           Once again, "Old Schooll BMX "SHOW" and Flow".            Like I said, "even better that we can ride too, at this show".          I'm not knocking anyone who still rides regularly, so don't knock the guys who want to show their bikes.           I ride all my bikes too.          Maybe I'm not as great as you at it, but I still ride through the neighborhood.         I don't know why you rider guys are getting so bent out of shape.        Us show guys just want the show to have the typical characteristics of a show.           That's all!          Maybe read the comments, instead of making the same, irrelevant responses!            "Maybe the show guys should get off their buts and ride, bla bla bla".           So once again, the title says, "Old School BMX Show and Flow".

"I've got a smile on my face, and you didn't put it there!"

#52 2013-02-02 12:28pm

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict
Bikes: 49

leghound79 wrote:

Capt. Nemo wrote:

leghound79 wrote:

The title does say, "Old School BMX SHOW and Flow", right?      I don't know if you guys have ever been to an, "Old School BMX Show", but that's what happens there.         People show their bikes!         They have these separate groups called "classes".         You enter your bike in the appropriate class, and hope to win.          It's just friendly competition.        Just to get recognition for all the, time, money, and work we put into resurrecting these bikes back to the BMX goodness that they once were.        Even better that we can ride too, at this show.      But, if everyone is more interested in the, "Flow" part of it.       Lets forget the show all together, and just ride.       Rays is only 10min away for me, so I'll come either way.      I would've been to the last get together there, but I was in the hospital waiting for my grandson to be born.       Considering we can go there any time just to ride, why don't we make this different and have an "Old School BMX Show".

What are these "shows" you speak of?  Never heard of 'em. wink tongue

I guess I'm too busy riding bikes to be sitting on my butt "showing" them. lol

My point was people are bitching about the price of admission. If people want to "show" their bikes for free, there are plenty of oportunities to do that. Next week in Indiana for example.

If people don't want to attend this "show and flow" because their "flow" left them in 1988, then yes by all means, stay home. Save your "show" time for Crown Point, Rockford, Madison and whatever other local "shows" trip your trigger.

But if you have an old school bike, and still enjoy getting a little rad once in awhile, maybe THIS is the event you should attend.

Just sayin'. smile

You're still missing the point!           The title says, "Old School BMX SHOW and Flow", correct?           Once again, "Old Schooll BMX "SHOW" and Flow".            Like I said, "even better that we can ride too, at this show".          I'm not knocking anyone who still rides regularly, so don't knock the guys who want to show their bikes.           I ride all my bikes too.          Maybe I'm not as great as you at it, but I still ride through the neighborhood.         I don't know why you rider guys are getting so bent out of shape.        Us show guys just want the show to have the typical characteristics of a show.           That's all!          Maybe read the comments, instead of making the same, irrelevant responses!            "Maybe the show guys should get off their buts and ride, bla bla bla".           So once again, the title says, "Old School BMX Show and Flow".

I'll say it again.

Show up or don't. Makes no difference to me.

If you don't like the specifics of the event, then don't go.

I don't mean to come off like I'm better than anyone.

My perspective is obviously different than some others. I don't like to attend shows where I can't ride, so I'm sorry if I'm psyched about this one.

People all have their reasons for doing what they do. And they are all valid. My ribbing was all meant in fun.

cool

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us"...

And I'll look down and whisper "no".

#53 2013-02-02 12:55pm

nikbsnjk
Pro MemberKing of Magazines!
Bikes: 35
For Sale: 33

Moral is

Attend, and do what makes you happy. Hang out, ride, swap, display. Whatever. Point is just show up, and support.

On another note, if you'all get bored early we can hit Spanky's 1 mile away

My statements of opinion are made in good faith, and believed that they are true.  Adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement and any involvement of Fair comment on matters of public interest. Never done with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth, as in  cases to show that there is a well-founded public interest in the specific information and in the interest of the public.

#54 2013-02-02 2:25pm

b_koenig
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 3

This has gotten dumb.  Bike shows with awards are just as dumb.  So is the "rider vs. show bike builder" bickering.  Nick couldn't be more correct in saying that all that it takes to win a bike show is having more friends present than anyone else.  It also doesn't hurt to drop more $$$ than anyone else.  I built show bikes and from the resale point of view, its smarter than building an expensive rider with new parts.  I can understand the rider point of view in saying that riding your dream bike is priceless.  Nemo seems to irk a lot of us when he posts with his thoughts.  He fails to realize that some of us are fat and uncoordinated.  I personally am both and would risk smashing my face into a curb and losing my beautiful smile if I ever attempted this.I built show bikes and won every trophy that I ever wanted.  I also went to shows just to hang out, which is the most fun part for me.  Spring Fling doesn't even have winners and that show was the most laid back I've ever seen a show.  It was the most fun that I've ever had at a show.  I understand both arguements, but Nemo is again talking down to all the show bike builders as well as us fat uncoordinated guys who just wanna hang out.

#55 2013-02-02 2:56pm

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict
Bikes: 49

Hang all you want,

I've honestly got no problem with fat, uncoordinated bike builders.

But if an event is being held at a place called "Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park", chances are the majority of the people are going to want to ride.

So if any strictly "bike builders" do decide to come, just tell the guy at the front desk that you are too fat and uncoordinated to ride, and that you just want to show your bike. I bet he will let you in without a charge.

lol

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us"...

And I'll look down and whisper "no".

#56 2013-02-02 3:12pm

axel
Museum Addict
Bikes: 13

Ok i just got off the phone with rays . This is Free to bring out a bike or two and hang and chill . If you wanna ride it will be the normal entry fee .
This show is a Rider Inspired show and Go . cool

HardGuy Statement # 1  Just SMASH it !!
If that does not work SMASH it again !!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~Bob Marle

#57 2013-02-02 3:16pm

axel
Museum Addict

I will be there with a survivor and a rider to beat down and get Rad . The Foam Pit is way to much fun .

Lets just hang and apprecate what  Bmx  has Done for all of us .

Ride hard !! love Bikes !! and have a Dam Good Time .

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~Bob Marle

#58 2013-02-02 4:09pm

caleb_k31
BMXer 4 Life
Bikes: 15

RAD RICH in the house, hell yeah! 

Brian lets roll up in the jeep

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r183/caleb_K21/pride.jpg

WILL NOT DEAL WITH LIST 619-bmx, Boyd, NickWG19, quadsticher, Djrothus, cgeorge715, bob70, sharkbite, Luke Sears ebay name bmxbrigade.

GT fork stander spring install - http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=426565
PFT restoration thread - http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 50&p=1
epoch headset, freestyle vs. race - http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 7#p4233077

All the hub/hoop measuring info you will need along with spoke calculation info http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 9#p5435389

#59 2013-02-02 4:36pm

leghound79
Pro Member

axel wrote:

Ok i just got off the phone with rays . This is Free to bring out a bike or two and hang and chill . If you wanna ride it will be the normal entry fee .
This show is a Rider Inspired show and Go . cool

Yea, I stopped there earlier today and asked the same thing.         Free to show, $27 to ride.          They were originally talking about a flat $27 fee to show, ride or not.           I can't wait to bring my Penny Farthing!lol

#60 2013-02-02 4:50pm

b_koenig
For Sale Restricted

caleb_k31 wrote:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r183 … /pride.jpg

You wanna roll in the Jeep again Caleb?  If you wanna go, I'm down.

I dont know you personally but you gotta bring that blinged out redline. That shiznit is the shiznit!!!

If Caleb's in, I'm in.  I could bring my gold Redline.

#61 2013-02-02 4:57pm

DemonGT
Pro MemberDay-Glo Dynamo
Bikes: 35

because fat guys buy corvette's lol

WTB: 1992 Yellow splatter GT Performer

NOS or mint parts needed: 44T black GT chainring
1995 Performer black light F/F
1996 Performer red splatter F/F

#62 2013-02-02 6:41pm

Gatorpit boy
Pro MemberWill Work 4 Tacos

I don't know much about shows the first one I attended was Madison's Show last year. Honestly the best bikes didn't win in my opinion. I didn't even enter a bike ,just went to hang and talk about bikes. I think the show at Rays will be a good time but more important just to meet / network with other guys that get that this hobby isn't really about trophy a and more about the guys you meet along the way and picking up some parts to finish a build.I have attended a bunch of these  rides that get posted in the events section and always have a blast. So I guess what I am saying is I will be there with a bike to show and a bike to ride do I expect to win..no. Do I expect to have a good time ...you betcha

#63 2013-02-02 7:08pm

chakuech
Pro Memberride a bike
Bikes: 15

Im glad to hear that they will not be charging the normal admission price just to show bikes. It will allow for a much better show, and a greater number of people attending. So now cant we all just get a_bong??

WANTED:
The crate the Hutch HPV Prototype was shipped in. Who has it?? PM me
Hutch Purple Reign parts: Hi-Caliber brakes, and Chain!!!!
Less talk, more riding. Unless we're talkin REPOP!!

#64 2013-02-02 8:29pm

leghound79
Pro Member

b_koenig wrote:

caleb_k31 wrote:

You wanna roll in the Jeep again Caleb?  If you wanna go, I'm down.

I dont know you personally but you gotta bring that blinged out redline. That shiznit is the shiznit!!!

If Caleb's in, I'm in.  I could bring my gold Redline.

You should both come, and bring both of your Redlines!           Just don't scratch them, loading them in the jeep!lol

#65 2013-02-03 4:51am

axel
Museum Addict

caleb_k31 wrote:

Aw hell
!! you guy's pullin out the Jeep again . Got Room for one more ?

#66 2013-02-03 10:36am

sir_n0thing
Centurion Member

chakuech wrote:

So now cant we all just get a_bong??

That's a few miles south of Ray's!
http://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/bo/bong/bong_story1.jpg
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct= … Fa6XFpmsoQ

Last edited by sir_n0thing (2013-02-03 10:36am)

"I'm on a quest for atonement... gotta find peace of mind and a place to rest." - J Mann

WANTED: Brown/blue stem pad for 2010 retro PK Ripper ::: Red ACS rear hub - 36h high flange ::: Red ACS Seat post clamp :::

#67 2013-02-03 11:26am

leghound79
Pro Member

sir_n0thing wrote:

chakuech wrote:

So now cant we all just get a_bong??

That's a few miles south of Ray's!
http://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/ … story1.jpg
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct= … Fa6XFpmsoQ

Ha ha!       I think there's a Bong Airport too.

#68 2013-02-03 3:08pm

mobydoba
Pro Member
Website

Bring'n my new Skyway T/A 24 to test out big_smile
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/chrisnben_bucket/BMX/Skyway%20TA%2024/000_0036.jpg

Now Peter Piper picked peppers...but he don't rhyme wink

#69 2013-02-04 2:58pm

Ray's MTB
Museum Newbie
Website

jsngrimm wrote:

joey1320 wrote:

Will there be a Cleveland one?

Yes we need one in Cleveland too! Im diggin the Redline MX-II hanging up in Cleveland cool

CLE March 2nd and 3rd is the first of our "BMX Home of the Stars" events. AKA we are bringing 3 well-known Old-School BMXers to Ray's CLE not to sit and sign autographs (although they will be signing and doing a Q&A), but to ride Ray's with you and talk bikes on the decks of our ramps.

I'll be getting all this situated this week (I hope!!) and will be able to spill the beans on who we have coming!!

b_koenig wrote:

Hmmmmm.....  Its 15 minutes from me.  I'm not a rider and would break my neck on anything you guys have there.  I wouldn't mind bringing a bike and hanging out.  Still $27?

We have ramps (and non-ramps) for every type of rider. A handful of MKE flatlanders (Brandon and Chad Gale and Tim Knoll) even ride the flat ground beginner area a few times a week. We also have jumps and tracks of all sizes to get you back into the rhythm of.. riding a rhythm.
BUT if you really aren't feeling pedaling that night, feel free to come on in, there's no fee for spectating or bringing in a bike to show off.

leghound79 wrote:

I'm thinking you might want to rethink your trophy classes, if you want people to pay you to bring they're bikes.

We are not charging for people to bring their bikes into the park. No fee to come and hangout and talk bikes either. There is the normal admission fee for a session on Saturday that if you'd like to pedal (and you will want to pedal) you can purchase an entry and ride all day and night.

We want to bring everyone together for a fun night!

Thanks for all the interest guys, see you next weekend (if not sooner)!

#70 2013-02-05 1:45pm

axel
Museum Addict

Ray's MTB wrote:

jsngrimm wrote:

joey1320 wrote:

Will there be a Cleveland one?

Yes we need one in Cleveland too! Im diggin the Redline MX-II hanging up in Cleveland cool

CLE March 2nd and 3rd is the first of our "BMX Home of the Stars" events. AKA we are bringing 3 well-known Old-School BMXers to Ray's CLE not to sit and sign autographs (although they will be signing and doing a Q&A), but to ride Ray's with you and talk bikes on the decks of our ramps.

I'll be getting all this situated this week (I hope!!) and will be able to spill the beans on who we have coming!!

b_koenig wrote:

Hmmmmm.....  Its 15 minutes from me.  I'm not a rider and would break my neck on anything you guys have there.  I wouldn't mind bringing a bike and hanging out.  Still $27?

We have ramps (and non-ramps) for every type of rider. A handful of MKE flatlanders (Brandon and Chad Gale and Tim Knoll) even ride the flat ground beginner area a few times a week. We also have jumps and tracks of all sizes to get you back into the rhythm of.. riding a rhythm.
BUT if you really aren't feeling pedaling that night, feel free to come on in, there's no fee for spectating or bringing in a bike to show off.

leghound79 wrote:

I'm thinking you might want to rethink your trophy classes, if you want people to pay you to bring they're bikes.

We are not charging for people to bring their bikes into the park. No fee to come and hangout and talk bikes either. There is the normal admission fee for a session on Saturday that if you'd like to pedal (and you will want to pedal) you can purchase an entry and ride all day and night.

We want to bring everyone together for a fun night!

Thanks for all the interest guys, see you next weekend (if not sooner)!

I Really Dig the oldest orignal owner !! Survivors are one thing but this is the real deal ! I know at least 4 people who have there orignal bike from back in the day !
All i have is my stem pad tongue

#71 2013-02-06 7:12am

Boersck
Intermediate
Bikes: 2

I plan on attending. Who is planning on riding their show bikes?

That place looks fun.

#72 2013-02-06 1:35pm

Ray's MTB
Museum Newbie
Website

Hey dudes...
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 2#p4046592

just posted this ^

Get stoked.

#73 2013-02-06 8:12pm

Gatorpit boy
Pro MemberWill Work 4 Tacos

Boersck wrote:

That place looks fun.

I will take my 82 Floval for some laps on the pump track

#74 2013-02-07 2:29am

bird
R.I.P

Boersck wrote:

That place looks fun.

i backflip my showbikes

44T CHICAGO CLUB RIDER
WANTED::::anything reynolds racing
WANTED::::bandito jersey
WANTED::::yellow panaracer tire 1 1/8
WANTED::::jmc pit bike
WANTED::::less talk,more riding

#75 2013-02-07 10:53am

perront
Pro MemberThe Red Dog of The Hills
Bikes: 20

bird wrote:

Boersck wrote:

That place looks fun.

i backflip my showbikes

TRUE RIDER cool

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
FLY ON FOREVER, BIRD!!!
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- King of Qin, Hero

Board footer

View Cart →