Old School BMX Show and Flow at Ray's MTB MKE  RSS Feed

#26 2013-01-31 8:04pm

chakuech
Pro Memberride a bike
Bikes: 14

Re: Old School BMX Show and Flow at Ray's MTB MKE

b_koenig wrote:

Huh.  I'm out.

I dont know you personally but you gotta bring that blinged out redline. That shiznit is the shiznit!!!
It doesnt cost anything to be a spectator at rays. Not positive about an "entrants" fee to non rider entrants. I believe it is free to enter bikes into the show. Jeff(RAYSMTB) can you please clarify??

WANTED:
The crate the Hutch HPV Prototype was shipped in. Who has it?? PM me
Hutch Purple Reign parts: Hi-Caliber brakes, and Chain!!!!
Less talk, more riding. Unless we're talkin REPOP!!

#27 2013-01-31 8:05pm

nikbsnjk
Pro MemberKing of Magazines!
Bikes: 35
For Sale: 93

leghound79 wrote:

I'm thinking you might want to rethink your trophy classes, if you want people to pay you to bring they're bikes.

+1

My statements of opinion are made in good faith, and believed that they are true.  Adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement and any involvement of Fair comment on matters of public interest. Never done with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth, as in  cases to show that there is a well-founded public interest in the specific information and in the interest of the public.

#28 2013-01-31 8:22pm

leghound79
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

nikbsnjk wrote:

leghound79 wrote:

I'm thinking you might want to rethink your trophy classes, if you want people to pay you to bring they're bikes.

+1

The, "oldest original owner" class, might be kind of limited.        Most of us got into this hobby because we wanted our childhood bike back.          I would suggest just making that, "Survivor Class".

"I've got a smile on my face, and you didn't put it there!"

#29 2013-02-01 4:22am

bird
R.I.P

man i have 3 of my og bikes.   i was hopin to win that class      tongue tongue tongue

44T CHICAGO CLUB RIDER
WANTED::::anything reynolds racing
WANTED::::bandito jersey
WANTED::::yellow panaracer tire 1 1/8
WANTED::::jmc pit bike
WANTED::::less talk,more riding

#30 2013-02-01 5:21am

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict
Bikes: 49

Spectators don't need to pay. Wristbands are given to riders.

Although, I can't imagine bringing a bike to Ray's, and NOT wanting to ride.

But hey, that's just me. smile

If you can ride around the block and jump off curbs, you can ride at Ray's. Plenty of beginner areas.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us"...

And I'll look down and whisper "no".

#31 2013-02-01 5:27am

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict

leghound79 wrote:

nikbsnjk wrote:

leghound79 wrote:

+1

The, "oldest original owner" class, might be kind of limited.        Most of us got into this hobby because we wanted our childhood bike back.          I would suggest just making that, "Survivor Class".

If someone is concerned about winning a trophy, then maybe they ought to stay home. I doubt that this is the spirit of this event.

There are alot of guys that ride at Ray's that never stopped riding. If they still have their OS bike, why not give them props for sticking with it?

Anyone can go buy a "survivor". There are plenty of shows to reward those guys.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us"...

#32 2013-02-01 7:23am

leghound79
Pro Member

Capt. Nemo wrote:

leghound79 wrote:

nikbsnjk wrote:

+1

If someone is concerned about winning a trophy, then maybe they ought to stay home. I doubt that this is the spirit of this event.

There are alot of guys that ride at Ray's that never stopped riding. If they still have their OS bike, why not give them props for sticking with it?

You have a point there.         I agree it's more about getting together and having a good time, then getting trophies.           I just think, "oldest original owner" is kind of silly.          You can't even judge that class, just have the oldest bike and say your the original owner.           I can understand, "BEST original owner".              That's my only point!            I just want to keep it fair.          I'm bringing my Penny Farthing/High Wheeler, (that's been in my family since the 1800s), along with the cremated remains of the original owner.           I doubt anyone will beat it, so just leave your original bikes home!lol                             

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q724/Cjloman23/Penny%20farthing/image_zps0c875f8f.jpg

That's why I think, "BEST original owner", is a better idea.

Last edited by leghound79 (2013-02-01 1:06pm)

#33 2013-02-01 1:39pm

mobydoba
Pro Member
For Sale: 4
Website

leghound79 wrote:

Capt. Nemo wrote:

leghound79 wrote:

You have a point there.         I agree it's more about getting together and having a good time, then getting trophies.           I just think, "oldest original owner" is kind of silly.          You can't even judge that class, just have the oldest bike and say your the original owner.           I can understand, "BEST original owner".              That's my only point!            I just want to keep it fair.          I'm bringing my Penny Farthing/High Wheeler, (that's been in my family since the 1800s), along with the cremated remains of the original owner.           I doubt anyone will beat it, so just leave your original bikes home!lol                             

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q72 … 875f8f.jpg

That's why I think, "BEST original owner", is a better idea.

Now, THAT's funny! I don't care who you are! lollol
See ya'll there. Madison BMX representin in da house.  Gearing up for our OS BMX show March 23rd!

Now Peter Piper picked peppers...but he don't rhyme wink

#34 2013-02-01 3:44pm

leghound79
Pro Member

Yea, I thought it was funny too!lol         I think I make a valid point though.          How does everyone else feel about the, "Oldest original owner" class?          I just think people should at least get to vote for the winner.         All in favor of, "BEST ORIGINAL OWNER", say "I".            All in favor of, "OLDEST ORIGINAL OWNER", say, "I like balls on my chin".lol

#35 2013-02-01 4:31pm

nikbsnjk

Unless the oldest comes with black/white photos of them with their bike, a birth certificate and sales receipt, that class is as valid as most 'so called survivor" classes, where the majority of builders lie their ass off, just to win.
  I say nix the entire voting forum. If you dont have valid separation between a true 70's/80's bike, versus some mid schooler versus some custom then the voting goes to whomever has the most bros present. Either separate it per era, with several different specialty classes or forget the whole voting plan.
You will not motivate collectors to shell out that kind of entrance fee, just to be bunched in. There is no shame in going to entire a class to win. Its a great payoff for your efforts. The trophy isnt as important as the "thata boys" you get when your builds impress those select few guys you respect.

My statements of opinion are made in good faith, and believed that they are true.  Adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement and any involvement of Fair comment on matters of public interest. Never done with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth, as in  cases to show that there is a well-founded public interest in the specific information and in the interest of the public.

#36 2013-02-01 6:27pm

chakuech
Pro Memberride a bike

My vote is no vote. Im not excited about this event to win anything, I just want to hang out with some cool people who like bikes. Its the main reason I go to rays at least once a week. Its just gonna be so much cooler with some old school in the house. If this event turns out half as cool as the chicago folks event its gonna be a blast!!! Who needs a stinkin trophy, we all got badass bikes and there is no denying that big_smile

WANTED:

#37 2013-02-01 6:37pm

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict

I honestly don't think they are going to charge anyone to enter a bike in the show,

The $26.99 is the normal admission price to RIDE.

I can see why someone that works at indoor mountain bike park would be perplexed by the idea of someone bringing a bike and NOT wanting to ride. smile

#38 2013-02-01 6:39pm

chakuech
Pro Memberride a bike

Capt. Nemo wrote:

I honestly don't think they are going to charge anyone to enter a bike in the show,

I can see why someone that works at indoor mountain bike park would be perplexed by the idea of someone bringing a bike and NOT wanting to ride. smile

+100
Has it been confirmed that they are charging the admission price to enter a bike if your not going to ride?
I cant imagine they would but thats me

WANTED:

#39 2013-02-01 7:14pm

leghound79
Pro Member

chakuech wrote:

My vote is no vote. Im not excited about this event to win anything, I just want to hang out with some cool people who like bikes. Its the main reason I go to rays at least once a week. Its just gonna be so much cooler with some old school in the house. If this event turns out half as cool as the chicago folks event its gonna be a blast!!! Who needs a stinkin trophy, we all got badass bikes and there is no denying that big_smile

Again, it's not all about trophies, it's about the whole event.        My point about the, "Oldest original owner" is, who has the oldest bike and says they're the original owner wins.          I'm the original owner of my 91 Haro Sport.          There's no point in me PAYING to show it, because someone will have an older ORIGINAL OWNER bike.           I don't understand why people are taking it the wrong way.           I'll go as a spectator for free, because I like getting together, checking out all the bikes, and hearing all the stories.           But it'll be kind of boring if there's only a couple of show bikes.            How many people are going to PAY to submit bikes, that don't apply to 2/3s of the show classes?           If more spectators show up then show entrants, then there's no show.           If there's now show, then it's just a bunch of dudes hanging out in a tight space.        If that's the case, then lets all throw in our $27 and order bunch of strippers!big_smile

#40 2013-02-01 7:20pm

leghound79
Pro Member

chakuech wrote:

Capt. Nemo wrote:

+100
Has it been confirmed that they are charging the admission price to enter a bike if your not going to ride?
I cant imagine they would but thats me

What I heard from someone who talked to who's organizing it is, $26.99 to enter bikes in the show.       Which, includes riding(whether you want to ride or not).

#41 2013-02-01 7:27pm

chakuech
Pro Memberride a bike

^^^^Jeff at Rays we need you to clarify this please^^^^

WANTED:

#42 2013-02-01 8:11pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop
Bikes: 20

chakuech wrote:

Thanks for the props, Chad.  It was good hanging and riding with you guys, too.  See ya in Crown Point, yes?

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
“Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist” -- R.W. Emerson
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- -- King of Qin, Hero

#43 2013-02-01 8:17pm

chakuech
Pro Memberride a bike

^^^I just posted in that thread that I need a ride there from Milw area. Anyone in Milw area willing to let me catch a ride??^^^

WANTED:

#44 2013-02-01 8:28pm

perront
Pro MemberCosmic Slop
Bikes: 20

chakuech wrote:

^^^I just posted in that thread that I need a ride there from Milw area. Anyone in Milw area willing to let me catch a ride??^^^

Don't know, bud.  Milwaukee is completely the opposite direction for me, plus I'll be heading to NW IN the night prior to stay at my parents' house.  Hopefully somebody will be able to look out for you. cool

44T BMX Club, Chicago -- USA-MADE SINCE 2010
Beware of my alter ego, PLANTAIN -- "If there's one thing I won't guarantee, it's your safety!"
Luther Is A Good Ol' Dog Club -- See you at the Rainbow Bridge, my friend!
Ford Mustang — what a dance we had!
Free AgentBontragerTNTBossSupercrossSkywayKappa GTProfileProfileELFRobinsonRobinsonRobinson
PowerlitePowerlitePowerlite...and "non-BMX" SchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnSchwinnWorksman!
“Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist” -- R.W. Emerson
The warrior embraces all around him. The desire to kill no longer exists. Only peace remains. -- -- King of Qin, Hero

#45 2013-02-02 6:15am

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict

chakuech wrote:

Someone should give him a call.

Or better yet, for those that want to bring a bike to show, get off your duff and RIDE! You might actually remember what BMX is really about. smile

#46 2013-02-02 7:01am

bird
R.I.P

Capt. Nemo wrote:

chakuech wrote:

Someone should give him a call.

Or better yet, for those that want to bring a bike to show, get off your duff and RIDE! You might actually remember what BMX is really about. smile

+1 thats what im talkin about

44T CHICAGO CLUB RIDER
WANTED::::anything reynolds racing
WANTED::::bandito jersey
WANTED::::yellow panaracer tire 1 1/8
WANTED::::jmc pit bike
WANTED::::less talk,more riding

#47 2013-02-02 9:13am

leghound79
Pro Member

The title does say, "Old School BMX SHOW and Flow", right?      I don't know if you guys have ever been to an, "Old School BMX Show", but that's what happens there.         People show their bikes!         They have these separate groups called "classes".         You enter your bike in the appropriate class, and hope to win.          It's just friendly competition.        Just to get recognition for all the, time, money, and work we put into resurrecting these bikes back to the BMX goodness that they once were.        Even better that we can ride too, at this show.      But, if everyone is more interested in the, "Flow" part of it.       Lets forget the show all together, and just ride.       Rays is only 10min away for me, so I'll come either way.      I would've been to the last get together there, but I was in the hospital waiting for my grandson to be born.       Considering we can go there any time just to ride, why don't we make this different and have an "Old School BMX Show".

#48 2013-02-02 9:41am

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict

leghound79 wrote:

The title does say, "Old School BMX SHOW and Flow", right?      I don't know if you guys have ever been to an, "Old School BMX Show", but that's what happens there.         People show their bikes!         They have these separate groups called "classes".         You enter your bike in the appropriate class, and hope to win.          It's just friendly competition.        Just to get recognition for all the, time, money, and work we put into resurrecting these bikes back to the BMX goodness that they once were.        Even better that we can ride too, at this show.      But, if everyone is more interested in the, "Flow" part of it.       Lets forget the show all together, and just ride.       Rays is only 10min away for me, so I'll come either way.      I would've been to the last get together there, but I was in the hospital waiting for my grandson to be born.       Considering we can go there any time just to ride, why don't we make this different and have an "Old School BMX Show".

What are these "shows" you speak of?  Never heard of 'em. wink tongue

I guess I'm too busy riding bikes to be sitting on my butt "showing" them. lol

My point was people are bitching about the price of admission. If people want to "show" their bikes for free, there are plenty of oportunities to do that. Next week in Indiana for example.

If people don't want to attend this "show and flow" because their "flow" left them in 1988, then yes by all means, stay home. Save your "show" time for Crown Point, Rockford, Madison and whatever other local "shows" trip your trigger.

But if you have an old school bike, and still enjoy getting a little rad once in awhile, maybe THIS is the event you should attend.

Just sayin'. smile

#49 2013-02-02 10:16am

nikbsnjk

Ok Nemo, youve made your point about how much you ride and that whats most important to you. Give it a rest already.  Not everyone still has the "flow" and it surely is no measure of what type of man you are.  Just sayin

#50 2013-02-02 11:52am

Capt. Nemo
SE Racing Addict

nikbsnjk wrote:

Ok Nemo, youve made your point about how much you ride and that whats most important to you. Give it a rest already.  Not everyone still has the "flow" and it surely is no measure of what type of man you are.  Just sayin

Never once did I judge what type of man someone is.

Attend or don't. I don't care, but the nay sayers have also made their point.

Just sayin'. Again. smilecool

Board footer

View Cart →