You are not logged in.

1985 Zeronine Pro

#1 2013-01-28 12:21am

2009HDSG
Pro Member
From: Badger Nation
Signed up: 2013-01-09
Posts: 1658
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1
Offline

1985 Zeronine Pro

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscn1422_copy0.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscn1421_copy1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscn1420.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscn1412_copy0.jpg

1985 Zeronine Pro

I got this from the original owner who had it hanging in his garage for a while.  The chrome is in great shape and the original stickers are still intact.  Inside the rear dropout it's stamped "C09".  Unfortunately, the bike didn't come with the original forks.

3/15/13 - Sold to another forum member.


http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Offline

 

#2 2013-01-28 4:54am

CHABY
Pro MemberK.O.B. "King Of Bling"
From: MA
Signed up: 2009-06-24
Posts: 3596
Bikes: 40
For Sale: 23
Website
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

cool looking frame.


CHABY`S COATINGS: CHROME PLATING-POLISHING-GOLD PLATING-POWDER COATING-BMX restorations -Motomag restoration and webbing repair. We glass bead Z-rims and Skyway Tuff wheels-Stainless steel spoke polishing-Antique restorations-Cars-Motorcycles-Boats Etc.  CHABYS.COM  Find us on Facebook or call us @ 508-728-4590
=============================================================================================================

Offline

 

#3 2013-01-28 7:47am

Nachoman3
Albany Fool!!!
From: Oregon
Signed up: 2009-05-09
Posts: 705
Bikes: 15
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

Great find. Welcome to the 09 club.


Butch

Offline

 

#4 2013-01-28 5:32pm

New Old Schooler
Pro Member
From: Hard Hittin.....
Signed up: 2010-10-06
Posts: 5743
Bikes: 31
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

Awesome find!


Blue, you’re my boy!!!

YOU’RE MY BOY BLUE!!!
Thanks Capitán ;)

Offline

 

#5 2013-01-29 6:43pm

aaronl
Museum Addict
From: Australia
Signed up: 2011-01-11
Posts: 1366
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

awesome frame.

I'd take a guess at it being a cycle craft built frame?  The 2 CC's I have at home have similar stamping in around the same spot. 

Could be C = cyclecraft 09 = zeronine?  I'd love to know as I find the history of them a little hard to truly track down.

Offline

 

#6 2013-01-29 8:56pm

2009HDSG
Pro Member
From: Badger Nation
Signed up: 2013-01-09
Posts: 1658
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 1
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

aaronl wrote:

awesome frame.

I'd take a guess at it being a cycle craft built frame?  The 2 CC's I have at home have similar stamping in around the same spot. 

Could be C = cyclecraft 09 = zeronine?  I'd love to know as I find the history of them a little hard to truly track down.

Based on the information I read, you're correct with the C09.  I also read that around 500 frames were made by CC and the demand became too much and production for 09 went to Taiwan. 

Anybody with any information different, please share.

Offline

 

#7 2013-01-29 9:28pm

Raoul
Pro Member
From: Buffalo / Niagara
Signed up: 2009-03-07
Posts: 565
Bikes: 3
For Sale: 2
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

I found this helpful info:

Hi guys, for those interested, just got an email update from Owen (Owen Scheppman, ZeroNine founder), here's his take on who made what when:

Hi Clive. The history on ZeroNine frames as I can best remember. I could be wrong on some of this stuff, so if you disagree or wish to ask me more questions I would be most happy to discuss. I wish I had a memory card available, back in the early 80's we were lucky to own a computer.

Frame History:We started by having them made by Joe Martino at CycleCraft in Tennessee. He made about 150 sets for us. I believe CC made us white, black and chrome, they were called the "mid" and "pro". It later became apparent that he wouldn't be able to keep us supplied. So we started looking around for another supplier. The second wave of frames were made in Taiwan. We re-designed the decals with the cafetti shapes on all 20" Pro, 20" ProXL and 24" Pro Crusier. These 20" were sold in Chrome, White, Black, Blue and Red; the 24" were Chrome, Black and White. Complete Bike History:We designed the Freestyle Bike and had a complete 20" bike made in Taiwan in the colors, White, Red, Blue and Black not sure if we made a chrome one. Roger Worsham of CW built the freestyle bike for us in Taiwan at his contractors factory.

Offline

 

#8 2013-04-13 7:02pm

Rastacosta
Intermediate
From: Springfield, MA
Signed up: 2010-10-02
Posts: 462
Bikes: 17
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

your frame is in great shape for being all original how much u sell it for I'm pissed i missed that sale thanks 4 the compliment just wondering how long is your top tube mines also stamped C09 does that mean it was one of the originals built by cycle craft & in the USA mine also came with out forks but got a nice set of Tange


Luv My Toys I'm a Kid At Heart Cars, Bikes, Electronics, Skiing, Boarding {snow&skate}, Golf, RC Cars, & What Ever Else Can b FUN!!! You Only Live Once Live Every Day Like it's Your Last!!! "NO REGRETS=NO REWARD"  "NO $  NO :D "

Offline

 

#9 2013-05-15 3:43pm

angora-chinchilla
Pro Member
From: Belgium
Signed up: 2009-02-19
Posts: 356
For Sale: 2
Website
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

Raoul wrote:

I found this helpful info:

Hi guys, for those interested, just got an email update from Owen (Owen Scheppman, ZeroNine founder), here's his take on who made what when:

Hi Clive. The history on ZeroNine frames as I can best remember. I could be wrong on some of this stuff, so if you disagree or wish to ask me more questions I would be most happy to discuss. I wish I had a memory card available, back in the early 80's we were lucky to own a computer.

Frame History:We started by having them made by Joe Martino at CycleCraft in Tennessee. He made about 150 sets for us. I believe CC made us white, black and chrome, they were called the "mid" and "pro". It later became apparent that he wouldn't be able to keep us supplied. So we started looking around for another supplier. The second wave of frames were made in Taiwan. We re-designed the decals with the cafetti shapes on all 20" Pro, 20" ProXL and 24" Pro Crusier. These 20" were sold in Chrome, White, Black, Blue and Red; the 24" were Chrome, Black and White. Complete Bike History:We designed the Freestyle Bike and had a complete 20" bike made in Taiwan in the colors, White, Red, Blue and Black not sure if we made a chrome one. Roger Worsham of CW built the freestyle bike for us in Taiwan at his contractors factory.

Hi,

I confirm.
Just that the first 150 made from Joe Martino had CO9 stamped on frame and forks plus the ulra rare flat brake bridge.
I picked one of them in France few years ago.
If you're interseted, I will post some pics of my baby ;-)
Never seen another one in museum.

Offline

 

#10 2013-08-31 11:04pm

cruesixx69
Museum Addict
From: Carmel,Indiana
Signed up: 2010-06-22
Posts: 1437
Bikes: 6
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

Have you built this up yet? Its to cool to stay just a frame :D


Cancer is not a death sentence. I am living proof. :)


Needs=82' National Pro Long frame. Want one bad!!!!
Needs=80' Malvern Star Super Max frame and fork
Needs=79' Team Jag or 80' Jag
               :) :) :)

Offline

 

#11 2013-09-18 1:37pm

angora-chinchilla
Pro Member
From: Belgium
Signed up: 2009-02-19
Posts: 356
For Sale: 2
Website
Offline

Re: 1985 Zeronine Pro

cruesixx69 wrote:

Have you built this up yet? Its to cool to stay just a frame :D

Hi,

I started  to build  him :-)
Still need  one orange acs rim to finish him.

Offline

 

Board footer