You are not logged in.

Jean's stuck in the Chain  RSS Feed

#26 2013-01-16 9:22am

RDB
Pro Member
Bikes: 4

Re: Jean's stuck in the Chain

I use a couple velcro cable holders around my right pant leg...works so far...

but I do remember getting caught in the chain BITD...or the shoe laces...roll

Last edited by RDB (2013-01-16 9:23am)

#27 2013-01-16 9:25am

Skid
Centurion Member
Bikes: 2

My mate got his jeans stuck in the chain, he looked down to see what happened, looked back up just as he hit a parked truck. Broken cheekbone.

lol

#28 2013-01-16 10:38am

Roy Munson
Pro MemberWorst PR in BMX
Bikes: 6
Website

bmxerpete wrote:

Nah, now I ride in short shorts and flip flops...

lol

Did this all the time when I lived in Florida. No serious riding but it's fun to trip people out while on a beer run doing dangerous hop 3's and hoping on handlebar high ledges in flip flops.

Work boots is the hardest. Especially 8" Redwings

#29 2013-01-16 2:35pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

giginfrogg wrote:

I dont know how many times Ive done it, but I wish there was a picture.

And that's why I wear tight jeans lol

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

#30 2013-01-16 2:35pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

Roy Munson wrote:

bmxerpete wrote:

Nah, now I ride in short shorts and flip flops...

lol

Did this all the time when I lived in Florida. No serious riding but it's fun to trip people out while on a beer run doing dangerous hop 3's and hoping on handlebar high ledges in flip flops.

Work boots is the hardest. Especially 8" Redwings

Yea iv tried to ride in my redwing work boots... Don't work lol

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.

#31 2013-01-16 3:14pm

oldmetal
*Thread Killer-And Proud*
Bikes: 1

I use long velcro ties these days (meant for holding batteries in RC models), but I've ripped many a pair of jeans in the past, and still do if I forget the ties big_smile

#32 2013-01-17 2:56pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member

Let me make shore I'm understanding this...
You guys wear strap ons tongue
But yet
You make fun of us yoga pants wearers. I mean skinny jeans not yoga pants lol

#33 2013-01-17 3:07pm

BMX-Wing
Aaron O.
Bikes: 23

Go 80's style and French Cuff your Stone washed jeans.

#34 2013-01-17 5:57pm

ol phart
Pro Member

Original MXL pant strap
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/JusMeChillin/095A907C-CE94-4DFE-98FB-9194AF1BBF3B-3016-000005F05B437E34.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/JusMeChillin/2C7CF6AE-D722-4DDC-B75A-D7259F9AF8F8-3016-000005F055EA4B57.jpg
Always strap up and practice safe riding - Don't leave home without it !

#35 2013-01-17 6:27pm

chkn4130
Expert
Bikes: 7

Got my knee caught between the gear and the chain. That was a bad day in Kelly bakers back yard with the FBM guys. It's on one of the videos.

When I'm not riding BMX my other ride is a Husaberg FE 390.

#36 2013-01-17 6:50pm

MrOlive
Expert
Bikes: 37
Website

My good friend Robert Finnocharrio totally did that to his finger on his bmx bike. He had a quad with standing gears, he layed claim to it if I ever find one, lol. I think I might give him my retro one smile

I got lots of stuff, what you need? lol

#37 2013-01-17 6:57pm

JohnnyDenville
Bikes: 3

Ghostzapper wrote:

radlad1 wrote:

How about the loose shoelace around the pedal spindle?yikes    Good times there too.

This happened to me on the day I learned to ride a bike on my own.  I was 4 or 5, at my aunt's house riding up and down the cul-de-sac.  The shoelace just kept getting tighter and tighter (I had no idea what was happening) until I couldn't pedal and fell over.  Just laid there screaming until one of my cousin's heard me and came out to get me.

This made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. Total flash back

Blue/Black Haro Sport frame/fork

Chrome Trick Star frame/fork

#38 2013-01-17 7:30pm

dedmann
Pro Member"is Air-Cooled"
Bikes: 10

while working in the yard one day i heard a siren like noise coming down the street....
it was a little guy ;stripped half naked. sweat pants sucked into everything and pinned him against frame; pushing with one foot. he was just cry'n up a storm.....
i called him over "hey little guy- remember me im so and so's dad"  realizing he couldnt out run me he subdued..
He was soo tangled that chain & cranks. i couldnt get him out. coaster brake had him locked down.
i said "we are cutting your pants off little guy" "i'll give you a new pair, but these are destroyed."
he started crying again and said they were his brothers sweats. ( lol ).
,,,,,,,so i cut him out and sent him into house to pick out some pants. that was the worse case of pant suck i have ever seen. 
poor fella; i've never seen a cyclist look and sound so desperate and pathetic

Last edited by dedmann (2013-01-17 7:31pm)

PLEASE RESPECT CHAT OR I"LL BOOT YA WITH A WARNING!
varokaa tyhmät ympärilläsi - tai tullut yksi[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/meditationf.gif[/img]
"There are very few accomplishments of any value that can be gained without practice, and that which takes the least time to learn is usually the least valuable when learned."                               -The Eagle Bicycle Co. catalog 1890-
                                          ? WANTED: S&M IronMan sprocket flawless or nos ?

#39 2013-01-17 7:39pm

ol phart
Pro Member

Well on the flip side - I'd rather have my pants caught up in the chain and take a dive with road rash on the grill then have what happened to a kid that rode with us back in the day - he was a little younger and kinda on the dorky side but a nice kid none the less, but one day he was jumping a raised sidewalk block at the park across the street from my house ... It created a lip to boost off and clear the next block and curb into the street - about a 3.5" gap and drop ... He got ahead of his skill level and tried to cross it up but neglected to cross it back and endo'd the bike on landing where he in turn smashed his sac into a redline Forklifter stem and burst a testicle - he was rushed to the hospital wher it had to be removed and in later yrs was replaced with a prostectic.

Glad to say it didn't hinder him from bearing children in later yrs (or at least that's the story his wife claims).

True story.

#40 2013-01-18 1:06am

grapekrate71
Expert

my 300 pound buddy rushes to build bikes,and always forgets to tighten something.i seen his handle bars go all the way to the front wheel 4 times in a week last summer.witch resulted in face plants .but the worse was when we went to go on a ride and he was on a fresh build.he went down his driveway and when he came to the bottom bump his seat went straight up,and his ass hit the back wheel and his nuts got sucked between the brake caliper and wheel.i had to unbolt his wheel while his wife held the bike up. end result on the sofa for a week with his legs propped up like a pregnant woman and a ice pack.he always tells our friends ride this bike it rides nice,we always say that's ok we believe you.

i pay fast ,you ship fast.

#41 2013-01-18 5:22am

littledvlbmx
Banned
Bikes: 4

This use to happen to me a lot as a kid and an occasionally now as I wear slightly baggy jeans but I had my wife put 1 snap on each pant leg on all my BMX jeans and problem solved. The "little devil brand" did this on their jeans also. So I had no choice but to take their design big_smile

SBC 63 army lifer

#42 2013-01-18 6:21am

JAMMJ
Pro MemberBanned
Bikes: 13

grapekrate71 wrote:

my 300 pound buddy rushes to build bikes,and always forgets to tighten something.i seen his handle bars go all the way to the front wheel 4 times in a week last summer.witch resulted in face plants .but the worse was when we went to go on a ride and he was on a fresh build.he went down his driveway and when he came to the bottom bump his seat went straight up,and his ass hit the back wheel and his nuts got sucked between the brake caliper and wheel.i had to unbolt his wheel while his wife held the bike up. end result on the sofa for a week with his legs propped up like a pregnant woman and a ice pack.he always tells our friends ride this bike it rides nice,we always say that's ok we believe you.

whooooooooo   boy he sang saprano for weeks to come  lol

#43 2013-01-18 6:44am

quick2
Pro MemberPaul thinks he's Schwinning but I already Schwonn
Bikes: 25
For Sale: 1

I thought this was the reason "pegging"  your jeans was invented in the 80's (fold em over, then roll em up once or twice) tongue
that's what me and my friends always did

Remember....if everyone came to a bike show without a bike, it would just be a bunch of dudes standing around in a park...and that's just creepy!  If you've got one, bring one.  -Me
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now..  -Master Shifu
*LOOKING FOR GREEN SKYWAY MAGS* A NOS REAR, OR A  NEAR MINT CONDITION PAIR [img]http://uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/39961/greenskywaysmall5d0d542f49.jpg[/img]

#44 2013-01-18 9:29am

freedo
Pro MemberWhite Boy With An Afro
Bikes: 52
For Sale: 3

theres any easy fix, wear shorts!  i never wear pants when i bmx unless its absolutely to cold or the race track makes me

out with the new in with the old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile
mongoose decade guru, hit me up with any questions you may have
R.I.P  Autumn Pasquale. May she rest in Peace!
Instagram! @freedo70

#45 2013-01-18 9:36am

BMX-Wing
Aaron O.
Bikes: 23

quick2 wrote:

I thought this was the reason "pegging"  your jeans was invented in the 80's (fold em over, then roll em up once or twice) tongue

Thats the French Cuff lol
I did it too...hmmlol

#46 2013-01-18 9:38am

OLDSCHOOL ATL
Museum Addict
Bikes: 78

my fav. pair of jeans are my fav.  because they went thru my sprkt & chain and have perfect sprkt teeth holes in them.
Designer BMX jeans

____HIGH til I DiE ____

#47 2013-01-18 9:44am

healeyracer
Intermediate

Back in early 80's one of our riding buds got a cruiser. But it had a derailer on back with 5 speeds I think.  When he would jump it would throw the chain.  So he got used to taking a jump, then reaching down and setting the chain on the sprocket, and pedaling it back on. One day were cruising down a street, he bunny hops and off goes the chain... He watching ahead as were flying pretty good, he reaches and pedals..wham.. ass over bandbox flipping down the rod.  Comes to a stop and all rashed up...  Bike one way-- him another,  but his entire hand between the chain and chainring...chewed the hell out of his fingers and broke a couple.... Didn't look fun.

#48 2013-01-18 9:48am

72ss454
Pro MemberRETIRED SKATEBOARD COLLECTOR

BMX-Wing wrote:

quick2 wrote:

I did it too...hmmlol

Tight roll is what we called it around here.

I keep buying and selling, so I guess I wasn't happy with the four I had left.

#49 2013-01-18 9:51am

badbill
Pro MemberBorn Ruthless
Bikes: 6

72ss454 wrote:

BMX-Wing wrote:

quick2 wrote:

I did it too...hmmlol

Tight roll is what we called it around here.

same here. i did it for years and would do both legs so it didnt look weird. i got tired of the inside of my pant leg getting all shredded up. now tight jeans are in style i wish they were back when i was a kid. well they were for older kids who listened to heavy metal lol

#50 2013-01-18 10:06am

tcbmx
Museum Addict
Bikes: 8

I used to have that issue every now and then when I rode a 44-16, but I've only had that happen maybe twice on my micro drive gearing. I wear pretty baggy jeans too.

What's the point of having a bike if you're not going to ride it?

Board footer

View Cart →