You are not logged in.

The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine  RSS Feed

#51 2013-01-03 6:11am

84master
Pro MemberThe Banquet Boss
From: Whately, MA
Registered: 2008-11-03
Posts: 2002
Bikes: 97

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

yikes


Urban Cycles/Madrone Components

Offline

 

#52 2013-01-03 6:23am

72ss454
Pro MemberRETIRED SKATEBOARD COLLECTOR
From: Cullman, AL
Registered: 2010-08-26
Posts: 5543
Bikes: 2

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

BuddhaTat2 wrote:

They do exist.

Anyone else read this and think of Santa in the M&Ms commercial?lol


I keep buying and selling, so I guess I wasn't happy with the four I had left.

Offline

 

#53 2013-01-03 7:01am

papalone13
Museum Addict
From: NJ
Registered: 2011-01-02
Posts: 2521
Bikes: 32
Website

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

trinwhite wrote:

A bit of time off and this is posted! Just Awesome!!!
Does that white k-9 pic have a loop tail rear end??? Maybe the first batch made?

that's the robinson i was talking about. k-9's never had a loop tail smile

72ss454 wrote:

BuddhaTat2 wrote:

They do exist.

Anyone else read this and think of Santa in the M&Ms commercial?lol

i did haha

thanks everyone for the kind words! now lets find more of em! big_smile

Offline

 

#54 2013-01-03 7:26am

wds
Pro Member
From: St. Paul, MN
Registered: 2007-09-20
Posts: 1663
Bikes: 13

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

Awesome find? And well done on the leg-work & research.
Just cool to see. I'd always thought the yellow K9 would remain as the only example of this frame left. Great to see another show up.
-Bill

Offline

 

#55 2013-01-03 8:56am

RyanPartridge
Pro Member26" Cruisin' with a Coaster Brake
From: HB, CA
Registered: 2006-11-17
Posts: 2323
Bikes: 13

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

Turned out sweet! It's a keeper! cool

Offline

 

#56 2013-01-03 11:26am

RDB
Pro Member
From: ILLA-NOIZE
Registered: 2008-06-19
Posts: 5797
Bikes: 5

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

awesome find and story cool

I hope you learn more about this one!

Offline

 

#57 2013-01-03 12:20pm

coffin2death
Pro Member
From: New Zealand
Registered: 2011-04-29
Posts: 3237
Bikes: 1

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

say! that's a nice bike.


"People that don't ride with their finger on their lever suck."
YOUR LOVELY EEK AND YOUR LOVELY RIAH

Offline

 

#58 2013-01-03 12:27pm

papalone13
Museum Addict
From: NJ
Registered: 2011-01-02
Posts: 2521
Bikes: 32
Website

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

coffin2death wrote:

say! that's a nice bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lHu7NK4Ofg

Offline

 

#59 2013-01-03 12:41pm

toy24
Pro Member
From: Newcastle, Australia
Registered: 2010-02-16
Posts: 1037
Bikes: 6
For Sale: 1

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

Nice find !


Never enough time to ride !

Offline

 

#60 2013-01-03 4:42pm

TuRBo Todd
Pro Member
From: W. MI, Azusa and Secret Cycles
Registered: 2008-11-20
Posts: 2163
Bikes: 12

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

Very cool find! I remember the K-9 D-zine when Moeller showed up with it in October '87 at an NBL National in Lemoore, CA. It was green, had double-thick dropouts and that double brake-bridge.


Founder/Owner, Azusa & Secret Cycles.

Offline

 

#61 2013-01-03 5:02pm

papalone13
Museum Addict
From: NJ
Registered: 2011-01-02
Posts: 2521
Bikes: 32
Website

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

TuRBo Todd wrote:

Very cool find! I remember the K-9 D-zine when Moeller showed up with it in October '87 at an NBL National in Lemoore, CA. It was green, had double-thick dropouts and that double brake-bridge.

very cool man! thanks for posting that up smile

Offline

 

#62 2013-01-03 5:05pm

BuddhaTat2
Pro Member
From: Port Orford, Oregon
Registered: 2006-10-30
Posts: 1486
Bikes: 6

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

Shoot us Straight... Did the guy know what it was? If not or so ball park us mid schooler's what ya got this gem for.


"Do not criticize my progress, without having known my efforts. Do not be envious of my victories, without having known my failures"

Offline

 

#63 2013-01-03 5:08pm

papalone13
Museum Addict
From: NJ
Registered: 2011-01-02
Posts: 2521
Bikes: 32
Website

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

BuddhaTat2 wrote:

Shoot us Straight... Did the guy know what it was? If not or so ball park us mid schooler's what ya got this gem for.

neither of us knew exactly what it was. prior to all of my research, i assumed it was a mad dog. then after i paid up for it, i thought maybe it was a late model cook brothers... but after a lot of research on that avenue, it was ruled out as being a cook. it was several months of research to figure it all out.

as far as a price, it had 4 digits lol

Offline

 

#64 2013-01-03 5:29pm

honda1wheel
Pro Member"Midschool Guru"
From: Midwest City, OK
Registered: 2007-07-14
Posts: 2040
Bikes: 18

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

that is cool it was bought at my old home track. sooner pearl raceway is were i raced from abouit 90 to 97.


if you listen to a mod you might get a neutral
looking for
salsa,  jjr,   awesome alloy,  b-ware buzz,  rude concepts,    mountain goat,  mega,  d. wholf,  f&l racing, rola
secret cycles rated r or nc-17,  banke,  ace holeshot,  univega super g,  cardboard lords,  titus frame,  brew bluetick or redbone,
supercross sx-250 carbon fiber, durango rupe,  r.a.d. hornet or phoenix, webco pro xl,  arsonist, renegade racer,

Offline

 

#65 2013-01-03 5:32pm

papalone13
Museum Addict
From: NJ
Registered: 2011-01-02
Posts: 2521
Bikes: 32
Website

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

very cool! you may have walked right on by it as a kid!

Offline

 

#66 2013-01-03 5:39pm

markmc97225
Pro Member
From: Beaverton, OR
Registered: 2008-05-29
Posts: 4166
Bikes: 4

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

papalone13 wrote:

BuddhaTat2 wrote:

Shoot us Straight... Did the guy know what it was? If not or so ball park us mid schooler's what ya got this gem for.

neither of us knew exactly what it was. prior to all of my research, i assumed it was a mad dog. then after i paid up for it, i thought maybe it was a late model cook brothers... but after a lot of research on that avenue, it was ruled out as being a cook. it was several months of research to figure it all out.

as far as a price, it had 4 digits lol

So, $99.95?

One of the best pieces of info on a bike in a LONG time. Nice work. Appreciate it.


Whenever someone says, "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart," all I hear is, "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart."

Offline

 

#67 2013-01-03 5:40pm

Kid718
Bill Effin' Murray
From: Earth
Registered: 2009-11-16
Posts: 7058
Website

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

That basically ends the hoarders thread....not topping this! lol lol

I am glad that bike is with an owner who can appreciate what it is.


Open to fair offers on anything I have for sale.

Offline

 

#68 2013-01-03 5:47pm

Jerry A Hutcher
BMXer 4 Life
From: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Registered: 2009-03-02
Posts: 4595

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcool
that deserves em all!!!Rad score!

Offline

 

#69 2013-01-03 5:57pm

trinwhite
Pro Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2009-05-07
Posts: 533
Bikes: 8

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

papalone13 wrote:

trinwhite wrote:

A bit of time off and this is posted! Just Awesome!!!
Does that white k-9 pic have a loop tail rear end??? Maybe the first batch made?

that's the robinson i was talking about. k-9's never had a loop tail smile

72ss454 wrote:

BuddhaTat2 wrote:

They do exist.

Anyone else read this and think of Santa in the M&Ms commercial?lol

i did haha

thanks everyone for the kind words! now lets find more of em! big_smile

I thought so, should have read that part!

Offline

 

#70 2013-01-03 8:42pm

BuddhaTat2
Pro Member
From: Port Orford, Oregon
Registered: 2006-10-30
Posts: 1486
Bikes: 6

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

Worth a 4 digit price for sure....  DAMN DAMN DAMN YOU!!!!!big_smilebig_smile


"Do not criticize my progress, without having known my efforts. Do not be envious of my victories, without having known my failures"

Offline

 

#71 2013-01-04 5:10pm

Dcbmx1
Pro Member
From: San Jose, CA
Registered: 2010-01-11
Posts: 2558
For Sale: 187

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

papalone13 wrote:

bmxtick wrote:

So is this the 2nd one known to exist?

there might be a 3rd one out there. its black, but i have no idea who owns it and would need to get more info on it to know for sure
http://i50.tinypic.com/qrztlj.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/dcbmx1/DC9786E6-A3D0-46FE-B315-4D36EA275E61-284-0000008D49F95DA1.jpg

Offline

 

#72 2013-01-04 5:16pm

papalone13
Museum Addict
From: NJ
Registered: 2011-01-02
Posts: 2521
Bikes: 32
Website

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

cool cant wait to hear more info on it cool

Offline

 

#73 2013-01-04 5:36pm

no body
18yr old Frame-Wrecker
From: Florida
Registered: 2011-06-25
Posts: 3356
Bikes: 5

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

cool


I AM 18 YEARS OLD!!! big_smile follow me on instagram @remington_schaefer

Ride in peace Autum Pasquale

Offline

 

#74 2013-01-05 2:55am

thecaptain
Expert
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2009-03-18
Posts: 576
Bikes: 1

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

theres also a 4th one out there! just found this, some guy called perry is talking about his old one

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=120797


After anything S&M pre 91...get on it!

Offline

 

#75 2013-01-05 4:08am

Dannywhac
Expert
From: Suffolk, UK
Registered: 2010-11-18
Posts: 583
Bikes: 1

Re: The Holy Grail... S&M K-9 D-Zine

thecaptain wrote:

theres also a 4th one out there! just found this, some guy called perry is talking about his old one

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=120797

And that MD that you've linked to Tom fits the criteria for a K-9 - like we discussed, could have been a K-9 sold right at the end of prod decaled as a MD.

Offline

 

Board footer

View Cart →