Beware of Counterfeit Bullseye items

#251 2012-12-07 6:47pm

nikbsnjk
Pro MemberKing of Magazines!
Signed up: 2008-09-19
Bikes: 35

Re: Beware of Counterfeit Bullseye items

getset wrote:

Nik, I for one appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience with us.  I had kinda forgotten about the Bullseye pedals and cranks re-issue/we just found these in a box in the back BS.  One thing I'd add, the cranks that keep popping up on ebay all seem to come with the newly made bottom brackets.  It seems that no one wanted to go to the trouble of making the older style BB to match the newly found/made cranks.

Truthfully, the old 3 bolt bb's made for the 22.2mm Bullseye cranks were cheazy. They were light, and once broken in, spun forever. But they were not strong enough for the punishment of reckless teenagers.
   Recently , there was a combo kit of Bullseye parts on ebay. Cranks, pedals, spider bb etc. The seller was adamant about all of it being NOS old 80's stock. Problem was the 2nd gen cranks were chromed, with gold decals. Roger wouldnt do chroming on his 2nd gen cranks due to problems with his test cranks deteriating from the chroming chemical process. This wall steel doesnt stand up well. The gold decals on the arms were the newly made repops from Bullseye. The bb was the gold sealed version Bullseye introduced in 2009/2010. And the cranks had a stamped Bullseye spider. Again modern version from Bullseye.
  What people have difficulty understanding is that there had been very few vintage 80's Bullseye hubs/cranks/bb's/spiders/pedals on the market prior to 2007. Then in 2008 the hubs showed on all over ebay coming directly from Bullseye. Then the cranks popped up in droves. What this did was drive up the demand for the small parts. You cant have bullseye cranks without bb's, and without spiders, and power disks. And you cant have hubs with axles kits and replacement collars and bearing. All a very clever plan to profit from the unsuspecting collector.
   Even I wouldnt had cared all these products were newly made. I most likely would have purchased them anyways. But the rarity determines the demand, and the demand determines the value. And the products were getting over valued as they were being misrepresented as original 80's stock. And this info was coming directly from the source. Bullseye Cycle.
  SE / Skyway  / Tioga comp3 / Profile  etc etc did it differently. They reissued parts but were honest about it. And look what it did. Profile retro cranks were selling for more then an original set. The runs were sold out in no time. And im certain they made a ton of money. With all that just being the precursor of future things to come. Bullseye would have saved their reputation had they done the same. Seems like they all got slammed for making their parts cheaply, but thats a world away from, misleading your customers as to dating/vintage of your product just to drive up pricing.
   For those of you that dont remember. Bullseye began selling hubs on ebay as real legitimate 80's stock. Then as time went on, and people began hub comparisons(which he is doing right now with the fakes), he started to reword his auctions into generic rhetoric . And as people became more and more angry, and he was getting phone calls every day with questions. He dropped the Bullseyecycleco ebay username and opened up other usernames to sell the same product. The proof would come from getting your Bullseye product from some random ebay username with Bullseye's storefront address on the label. Or you forward a question to one of the random sellers and get a response from Bullseye's email address. So I ask, why hide? Why be sneaky about it? Why all the deception?

My statements of opinion are made in good faith, and believed that they are true.  Adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement and any involvement of Fair comment on matters of public interest. Never done with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth, as in  cases to show that there is a well-founded public interest in the specific information and in the interest of the public.

#252 2012-12-07 6:51pm

hboost
Pro Member
Signed up: 2008-01-21
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 11

nikbsnjk wrote:

getset wrote:

Nik, I for one appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience with us.  I had kinda forgotten about the Bullseye pedals and cranks re-issue/we just found these in a box in the back BS.  One thing I'd add, the cranks that keep popping up on ebay all seem to come with the newly made bottom brackets.  It seems that no one wanted to go to the trouble of making the older style BB to match the newly found/made cranks.

Truthfully, the old 3 bolt bb's made for the 22.2mm Bullseye cranks were cheazy. They were light, and once broken in, spun forever. But they were not strong enough for the punishment of reckless teenagers.
   Recently , there was a combo kit of Bullseye parts on ebay. Cranks, pedals, spider bb etc. The seller was adamant about all of it being NOS old 80's stock. Problem was the 2nd gen cranks were chromed, with gold decals. Roger wouldnt do chroming on his 2nd gen cranks due to problems with his test cranks deteriating from the chroming chemical process. This wall steel doesnt stand up well. The gold decals on the arms were the newly made repops from Bullseye. The bb was the gold sealed version Bullseye introduced in 2009/2010. And the cranks had a stamped Bullseye spider. Again modern version from Bullseye.
  What people have difficulty understanding is that there had been very few vintage 80's Bullseye hubs/cranks/bb's/spiders/pedals on the market prior to 2007. Then in 2008 the hubs showed on all over ebay coming directly from Bullseye. Then the cranks popped up in droves. What this did was drive up the demand for the small parts. You cant have bullseye cranks without bb's, and without spiders, and power disks. And you cant have hubs with axles kits and replacement collars and bearing. All a very clever plan to profit from the unsuspecting collector.
   Even I wouldnt had cared all these products were newly made. I most likely would have purchased them anyways. But the rarity determines the demand, and the demand determines the value. And the products were getting over valued as they were being misrepresented as original 80's stock. And this info was coming directly from the source. Bullseye Cycle.
  SE / Skyway  / Tioga comp3 / Profile  etc etc did it differently. They reissued parts but were honest about it. And look what it did. Profile retro cranks were selling for more then an original set. The runs were sold out in no time. And im certain they made a ton of money. With all that just being the precursor of future things to come. Bullseye would have saved their reputation had they done the same. Seems like they all got slammed for making their parts cheaply, but thats a world away from, misleading your customers as to dating/vintage of your product just to drive up pricing.
   For those of you that dont remember. Bullseye began selling hubs on ebay as real legitimate 80's stock. Then as time went on, and people began hub comparisons(which he is doing right now with the fakes), he started to reword his auctions into generic rhetoric . And as people became more and more angry, and he was getting phone calls every day with questions. He dropped the Bullseyecycleco ebay username and opened up other usernames to sell the same product. The proof would come from getting your Bullseye product from some random ebay username with Bullseye's storefront address on the label. Or you forward a question to one of the random sellers and get a response from Bullseye's email address. So I ask, why hide? Why be sneaky about it? Why all the deception?

Just curious, did you sell all your Bullseye stuff?

***INSURANCE: If you want to insure any item purchased from me please request it after payment is sent, otherwise item will be shipped with NO INSURANCE***

#253 2012-12-07 6:58pm

nikbsnjk

Every frankin piece!!

Over half my collection came directly from Bullseye over the years. With having so much product from all over the US. It was easy to do side by side comparisons. I had sets of Bullseye cranks that were still in sealed bags with price tags and hang tags. It was eye opening to see the differences between cranks or hubs that I obtained directly from bike shops to the product that I purchased from Steven. To be honest, I refused to see it. I just couldnt. But reality set in, and I was forced to see the facts. And thats when I began my quest for more info. Thanks to the many many members here and other collectors for helping me by sharing with me their own person accounts and dealings and taking the time to call me with parts descriptions and measurements.

My statements of opinion are made in good faith, and believed that they are true.  Adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement and any involvement of Fair comment on matters of public interest. Never done with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth, as in  cases to show that there is a well-founded public interest in the specific information and in the interest of the public.

#254 2012-12-07 7:02pm

hboost
Pro Member

nikbsnjk wrote:

Every frankin piece!!

Over half my collection came directly from Bullseye over the years. With having so much product from all over the US. It was easy to do side by side comparisons. I had sets of Bullseye cranks that were still in sealed bags with price tags and hang tags. It was eye opening to see the differences between cranks or hubs that I obtained directly from bike shops to the product that I purchased from Steven. To be honest, I refused to see it. I just couldnt. But reality set in, and I was forced to see the facts. And thats when I began my quest for more info. Thanks to the many many members here and other collectors for helping me by sharing with me their own person accounts and dealings and taking the time to call me with parts descriptions and measurements.

Oof....that's gotta hurt. Personally one of the reasons I took a step back from the hobby in early 2010 and came back into mid-school and new school. I'd hate to give up on a hobby I love over some crooked sh1t.

***INSURANCE: If you want to insure any item purchased from me please request it after payment is sent, otherwise item will be shipped with NO INSURANCE***

#255 2012-12-07 7:31pm

brackett
AdminTuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Signed up: 2009-10-27
Bikes: 18
Website

nikbsnjk wrote:

getset wrote:

I have read just about every debate thread on this matter and you would be my go to guy if I had any questions just as I have a ton of other friends here that I can question about other company's.

Thanks for all the valuable information.

I never log off and I had to disable my screen saver because it was causing problems , making me have to restart my computer every time it kicked on. Please keep that in mind if you message me and I don't reply back right away. Thanks.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

#256 2012-12-07 7:41pm

nikbsnjk

hboost wrote:

nikbsnjk wrote:

Every frankin piece!!

Oof....that's gotta hurt. Personally one of the reasons I took a step back from the hobby in early 2010 and came back into mid-school and new school. I'd hate to give up on a hobby I love over some crooked sh1t.

You got that right. Many cool members have walked away over less. This kind of crap, combined with paypal 1099's , and an influx of immature and disrespectful members, can certainly sap the fun out of this hobby. The only thing that keeps me grounded is the personal friendships I have with many quality collectors. The boards are no match to the personal conversations and interaction at events.

#257 2012-12-07 9:02pm

Axel10
Pro MemberBMX Archaeologist
Signed up: 2011-03-25
For Sale: 6

Excellent information nikbsnjk.

I have seen much in my life and I am still completely taken aback by how greed works its magic on the character of so many people.

In the time I have been here I had heard heaps of what appeared to be conjecture about Bullseye. Your information fills in the blanks.

Thanks again!!

Less Drama, More BMX

#258 2012-12-08 2:42am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Signed up: 2008-07-23
Website

Be careful what you say, and show in personal friendships and business.

You never know when things may change. roll
And the table turns.................

There are names and titles for that........ it is not hero.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Footjaws

#259 2012-12-08 3:12am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

For some reason my subscribed search started going to 'SPAM'

Dunno' what is up with that.....maybe it was a night bird or content.

Last edited by cwbmx1 (2012-12-08 3:22am)

Footjaws

#260 2012-12-08 3:15am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

Member here purchased here sent a pic.
Verified as Authentic 100% original.
He is very happy and I am sure the seller here is.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo158/cwbmx1/BULLSEYE/bullseyehubs.jpg

Footjaws

#261 2012-12-08 3:20am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

Old Bullseye Gold compared........ from 1980. Not for sale. smile
Proud to be the owner.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo158/cwbmx1/BULLSEYE/GOLD003.jpg

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo158/cwbmx1/BULLSEYE/GOLD001.jpg
Those are my pictures not stolen from a friend.

Last edited by cwbmx1 (2012-12-08 3:24am)

Footjaws

#262 2012-12-08 3:29am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

nikbsnjk wrote:

pjohnpowers wrote:

AZ Bicycle Gallery is also a legitimate authorized BULLSEYE dealer just so you know!!!
Located in Phoenix, AZ.    Thanks guys!!

Im not familiar with that name but be careful because Steven/Bullseye have at least 4 ebay accounts. This was done in an attempt to make it look like his product was being sold by people all over the states and not just coming from 1 person. I know , as I was once recruited to be one of those guys.

I remember when you were struggling to get this opened.
Way to go!!!!!!!!  cool

Hope it keeps working great for you and all  your customers. big_smile

Last edited by cwbmx1 (2012-12-08 3:35am)

Footjaws

#263 2012-12-08 3:41am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

Bullseye Gold August 2012 http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo158/cwbmx1/Gifs%20and%20Jokes/smiley-old2.gif
I remember  and I'm still here.  I hope you hang around too. smile
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo158/cwbmx1/BULLSEYE/CIMG1165.jpg

Footjaws

#264 2012-12-08 5:38am

KuWa FS
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-04-30
Bikes: 8

Cwbmx1 good job at continuing to ignore the claims presented before you. You have done it the whole thread.  your refusal to even acknowledge the issues make it easy to believe them.

Frankn kuwi u lined em up like the 3 stooges and back slapped the fork out the glitches!
Pimmp Status!

When I'm dead, i'll stop riding bikes.

#265 2012-12-08 5:43am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

KuWa FS wrote:

Cwbmx1 good job at continuing to ignore the claims presented before you. You have done it the whole thread.  your refusal to even acknowledge the issues make it easy to believe them.

I don't recall you being interested KuWa FS.

What did you ask me?

I cannot remember.

Last edited by cwbmx1 (2012-12-08 5:59am)

Footjaws

#266 2012-12-08 6:02am

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures of these Fake hubs without putting them in my Photobucket. lol
They are in My Windows Photo Gallery. I never had any luck moving those to here. tongue

Maybe the seller will help me and post them. smile

Last edited by cwbmx1 (2012-12-08 6:05am)

Footjaws

#267 2012-12-08 6:15am

KuWa FS
Pro Member
Signed up: 2009-04-30
Bikes: 8

cwbmx1 wrote:

KuWa FS wrote:

What did you ask me?

I cannot remember.

wow reqlly lets start with an easy one.  what do you say in regards to claims that since 2007 bullseye has been producing hubs and passing them off to customers as nos 80s made.hubs?

And i know you want to just tqlk about fakes hubs so please not that answer again.

Frankn kuwi u lined em up like the 3 stooges and back slapped the fork out the glitches!
Pimmp Status!

When I'm dead, i'll stop riding bikes.

#268 2012-12-08 6:41am

vintage chromoly
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2007-03-24

KuWa FS wrote:

cwbmx1 wrote:

KuWa FS wrote:

What did you ask me?

I cannot remember.

wow reqlly lets start with an easy one.  what do you say in regards to claims that since 2007 bullseye has been producing hubs and passing them off to customers as nos 80s made.hubs?

And i know you want to just tqlk about fakes hubs so please not that answer again.

Don't waste your time bro!

Calvin has his head buried a mile deep in the sand on this one!

unions.... the folks who brought you the weekend!
Your - belongs to you....You're - You are /Its - Belongs to it....It's - It is / Brake - Slows your car....Break - Falls apart
There - Not here....Their - Not yours....They're - they are
Here - Not there....Hear - To perceive sound
Lose - To not win....Loose - Not tight
Sale - this is FOR SALE....Sell - Going to get rid of
Since - From then till now... Scents - Smells..... Sense - Conscious awareness....Cents - pennies

#269 2012-12-08 6:54am

hboost
Pro Member

Bullseye is still the dopest sh1t out for the retro Skyway 24 .....right?.....right? wink

#270 2012-12-08 8:00am

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Signed up: 2008-01-27
Bikes: 4

vintage chromoly wrote:

KuWa FS wrote:

cwbmx1 wrote:

What did you ask me?

I cannot remember.

Don't waste your time bro!

Calvin has his head buried a mile deep in the sand on this one!

Cash in pocket will do that.

I try not to let anything "get my goat", but solid colored chains make me want to punch infants.  Charlie Brown

Tamir Rice was killed by his parents utter stipidity.

Guy passes away, Free parts equals a Corvette

#271 2012-12-08 8:05am

JS-44SDS
Pro MemberProfile Ultimate Pro
Signed up: 2008-01-27
Bikes: 4

cwbmx1 wrote:

Old Bullseye Gold compared........ from 1980. Not for sale. smile
Proud to be the owner.

Those are my pictures not stolen from a friend.

Should be considering you're a dealer for them....on the other hand I never keep a set of Bullseye hubs whether 80's or not-sell them as quickly as I can as their name is tarnished-Period.

I remember when all these "NOS" hubs hit ebay and I bought a set for $338 but many sets were much higher in price.  A few sets were polished outers and inners and all polished collars and hardware-they sold for over $700 per set.  These were sold as NOS from Steve's "personal collection".  wink  Now you can barely get $250 for a set and I sell nice OG sets for that....talk about getting bent over the couch.  ....and yes I sold my set for a loss just to get rid of them.  big_smile

I try not to let anything "get my goat", but solid colored chains make me want to punch infants.  Charlie Brown

Tamir Rice was killed by his parents utter stipidity.

Guy passes away, Free parts equals a Corvette

#272 2012-12-08 9:10am

nikbsnjk

cwbmx1 wrote:

Member here purchased here sent a pic.
Verified as Authentic 100% original.
He is very happy and I am sure the seller here is.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo15 … yehubs.jpg

Not authentic!! allen head bolts are stamped with modern manufacture stamp.
And unless those hubs were cleaned up. That finish has been manipulated. Calvin you and I both know what 30yr old Bullseye hubs look like in the box. Let alone a set that is supposed to be NOS but out of box. That aluminum would be completely tarnished. And I bet if those hubs were taken completely apart and show the bearings, axel spacer and spindle and see the same fresh metal

#273 2012-12-08 9:13am

nikbsnjk

cwbmx1 wrote:

nikbsnjk wrote:

pjohnpowers wrote:

AZ Bicycle Gallery is also a legitimate authorized BULLSEYE dealer just so you know!!!
Located in Phoenix, AZ.    Thanks guys!!

Im not familiar with that name but be careful because Steven/Bullseye have at least 4 ebay accounts. This was done in an attempt to make it look like his product was being sold by people all over the states and not just coming from 1 person. I know , as I was once recruited to be one of those guys.

I remember when you were struggling to get this opened.
Way to go!!!!!!!!  cool

Hope it keeps working great for you and all  your customers. big_smile

Never struggled Calvin! I purchased $800 worth of product and it took 6 months to get, then I was promised old product for my collection(like those og pedals) and Steven never sent it. Then he promised me new product to sell and never sent it. I got frustrated and fed up and called Steven to say Im out

Last edited by nikbsnjk (2012-12-08 9:31am)

#274 2012-12-08 9:28am

IPD
2 smart for his own good
Signed up: 2011-08-13
Bikes: 3
Website

cwbmx should just give up while he's behind.

It's like the man says, there's no problems...only solutions.

#275 2012-12-08 3:56pm

cwbmx1
For Sale Restricted
Website

KuWa FS wrote:

cwbmx1 wrote:

KuWa FS wrote:

What did you ask me?

I cannot remember.

I would have to say I am sorry it happened.

Bullseye produced hubs should be sold as Bullseye produced hubs.

It may be a good idea in the future to date, and serial number each set, coded by date, color, and axle option.
ACS date style with more numbers or letters.

What do you think?

Last edited by cwbmx1 (2012-12-08 4:14pm)

Footjaws

Board footer