You are not logged in.

Australia  RSS Feed

#1 2006-12-01 4:06pm

QuicksilverBMX
Pro Member
Bikes: 42

Australia

Hey All, I'll get the ball rolling for downunder! Go to Q in the museum and check out the Quicksilvers.
They are big part of aussie bmx history!

#2 2006-12-01 6:25pm

sonic_attack

Re: Australia

I saw someone selling a Quick Helium frame on egay Australia - That has to be the wildest frame ever.

Filling your top / bottom tubes with Helium via valves factory welded into the frame? WOW, completely over the top, totally unnecessary, but I love it.

Edited to add the pic
http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/7a/99/fd7c_12.JPG

Check the dropouts, great shape.

Last edited by sonic_attack (2006-12-01 6:35pm)

#3 2006-12-02 1:14am

RL20II
Pro MemberNatural Born Chiller
Bikes: 12

U remember "The Professor"?....LOL that boy was dynamite back in the day hehe i saw him at Pier one a very long time ago riding Quicksilver bikes, i had one but in the name of BMX insanety i cut it in half to make a skate bike which was damn cool at the time but seems a terrible waste now:(
Anyhooo just lettin ya's know theres another BMX occa here smile

GROW THE HELL UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE!! WE ARE GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH KIDS BIKES NOT KIDS PLAYING AT BEING GROWN MEN.
****What's normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly****

#4 2006-12-11 9:33pm

Kosy-Moto
Intermediate
Bikes: 35

OKAY all you old school Aussie BMX freaks.. you might recall the Invada Pro Am 20. Circa around the very early 80's. WELL this bike is complete NOS.. it was sitting at a Bicycle shop for over 25years.. abit of surface rust due to the beach front shop. AMAZING!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/osamasbmx/DSC01892.jpg

ENjoy.

THATS FACTORY !!

#5 2006-12-11 9:35pm

lovethegoose
Bmx Man Reunited
Bikes: 1
Website

that thins looks like it was designed ater a redline, that thing is sweet.

when i see a mongoose at walmart, i try and picture the metal being used to make something more useful, like a frying pan, or maybe some clothes hangers...oh well...its out of my hands.

my bikes are tri-moly. that means i have 3 times more chromo than you..haha

#6 2006-12-11 10:00pm

Kosy-Moto
Intermediate

lovethegoose: Yeah and very lite too.. thanks for the thumbs up wink

THATS FACTORY !!

#7 2007-01-09 11:01am

GUN-808
Website

heya there another newbie here from Oz..
Definately remember those Helium Quicksilvers...lol
As a youngin i had 3 bikes..from around 82-87..
A Team Apollo..yeah i no its an Apollo but this 1 was top of the line and a great bike in its day
Reline MK1V same deal but was also pretty much top of the line 4 Redline in Australia
And lastly my GT..which i believe to be an '83 Pro Santa Ana Nora Cup..after a bit of research lately.. which was most probably the most expensive Bmx of its day  with the odd Hutch JMC PK etc..as Australia didnt get all the cooler ones that were seen around the globe..
It was sold to me as a mini..uni seat and 2" rise hangers..but i dont really no if these extras were factory or modded by the local dealer..was bought to race but lost interest maybe a year or so after..it was dragged out of the shed in very poor condition but is receiving a full makeover using all NOS parts..some factory some just cause they look better..it will not be ridden but just to hang up for the pool room..i will post up some pix of the transformation at a later date as it develops..hoping to have it fully completed in the next 2-3months..$$ and parts available permitting...it kinda sux as everything on the bike that has to be replaced in the rebuild is the most expensive things that came on the bike..including the 20 x 1 3/8 Ukai racing skinnies...
Wish me luck...at least it cheaper than doing up cars which i have been doin since i lost interest in BMX..
By the way its now to be a cruiser type with layback seat and 5"cruiser bars cause if i do ever want to ride it i will be able..

Last edited by GUN-808 (2007-01-16 7:57am)

Buzzing on BMX...
And no im not a chick its my G/F.. wink

#8 2007-01-15 2:39am

Kosy-Moto
Intermediate

Welcome aboard Gun-808. wink

THATS FACTORY !!

#9 2007-01-15 4:34am

Crusty Old Bloke
Expert

I started off with a Repco shocky bike, you know, the really heavy bike with the dual suspension.  Undamped triple clamp forks and a whopping coil spring in the middle of the main triangle.  I still have that, it's all original and while it might only be worth $5 it's going to be restored one day.

Then I started racing and had a 'goose because well, everyone else did.  Then I realised everyone else had a 'goose so I traded it for the Diamond Back which I'm in the process of restoring.  Unfortunately it's not complete but it's in fairly good order.

I currently have a fleet of MTBs and a nice road bike, and a 24" DK cruiser.

If you Aussie folks out there are in Sydney in a couple of weeks, the BMX Games are on at Homebush incorporating a Vintage BMX Gathering.  The Porkers http://www.theporkers.com  are playing, so it's gonna be one helluva day out for this crusty old bloke.  There's a link on the Porkers website to the BMX games.

Okay, thats Homebush, the BMX games, 26-28 January.  Got that?  Good.

Crusty Old Bloke

Is it against the laws of God and the state to marry a Redline?

#10 2007-01-17 2:13am

RL20II

ooooo man! i wish to god i could get down there for that!, i'm in Taree but my financial status(due to my BMX fetishes) has been killed LOL, if u go to that Pics would have to be on the main wishlist for me!
I'm currently looking to find me a 24/26" bike to race if u know of any good ones for sale down there.

GROW THE HELL UP FOR CHRISTS SAKE!! WE ARE GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH KIDS BIKES NOT KIDS PLAYING AT BEING GROWN MEN.

#11 2007-01-17 2:15am

RL20II

BTW...never heard of the porkers b4...just sussed there site, they have a damn cool surfsound to them i am going to be looking for some cd's methinks...i love that sound...smile

#12 2007-01-17 2:24am

RealFox
Museum Addict
Bikes: 23
Website

Yeah, I'd love a Quicksilver. Sell me one wink

"Head like a hole, black as your soul, I'd rather die than give you control..." NIN

#13 2007-01-17 2:48pm

Crusty Old Bloke
Expert

Yo RL,

I'm hoping to get some pics of the show and the fesitivities, and I'll attempt to fling some up on here once I do.

The Porkers go right off.  The lead singer is a keen vintage BMX collector and a damn nice bloke as well.  They hail from sunny Newcastle.

RealFox - Quickies (as they were known on the street) are highly sought after down here.  They come up on the Bay, but very rarely.  They made 24s as well, which are extremely rare.  If you can get one, be prepared to pay huge dollars.

Crusty Old Bloke

Is it against the laws of God and the state to marry a Redline?

#14 2007-01-23 10:31am

GUN-808
Website

Hahaha the Porkers huh...lol
Im originally from Newcastle till 2yrs ago and used to knock around with guys who were quite close with these lads..actually met them a few times and friends houses..as lots of buddys were muso's...
Seen many of their gigs locally until they sorta made it and didnt play the usual haunts as much..
Definately THE best Ska band to come out of Australia....OIIII.....!!!!
Cant wait to see those pix buddy..i want to see what lives out there in suburbia in Aus probably behind shed doors..never knew there was a scene 4 old school..i am thinking bout showing the GT when shes done..loox like bout 3-4 weeks away from completion..parts are rolling in and frame is coming from Newcastle sometime in the next week....buzzing about BMX again never thought id see the day... lol
Dave

Buzzing on BMX...

#15 2007-01-26 1:57pm

saylor
Museum Addict
Bikes: 26
Website

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OY OY OY!

or whatever ya'll say.

Happy Australia Day!

saylor wrote:
damn bunch of end users. why do we even bother. so you can get email ?

ffs.

#16 2007-01-26 7:13pm

revcore
Museum Addict
Bikes: 15

Remember the old Super LA frames? It was my favourite bike back in the day. The only bad thing about it was that the top of the seat tube went the same way as the PK's, And I was too attached to it to get rid of it so I put the seat post in to an ideal height then I drilled a hole through the seat tube and seat post and put a bolt through it.
If anyone has pics of Super LA's then please post them....I'd love to get my hands on another one of them!

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

#17 2007-01-30 4:10am

QuicksilverBMX
Pro Member

Well heres i nice piece of history, this is a Blackhawk and was made in a factory in Perth western Australia. I just scored this frame with a NOS decal set and I'm going to restore it. Once it is finished I will put it in the museum.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/VNSVLE/IMG_1041.jpg

#18 2007-01-31 3:10am

revcore
Museum Addict
Bikes: 15

I've never seen one of those before.....Looks like a Torker with a Diamond Back loop tail/dropouts. I look forward to seeing the finished result.
There must be alot of other quality Australian made frames I haven't heard of. I'm guessing Blackhawk was a low volume maufacturer back in the early 80's.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

#19 2007-01-31 2:06pm

QuicksilverBMX
Pro Member

Yeah here is some more info:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/VNSVLE/Blackhawk.jpg

#20 2007-02-21 3:03am

Kosy-Moto
Intermediate

TOPS!! Can't wait to see it finished Recce wink

THATS FACTORY !!

#21 2007-02-21 8:17pm

elfdoublecross
Pro Member36-40 Intermediate "Sarge"
Bikes: 27

ok, this may be a stupid question, but did inserting helium into the Quicksilver frame serve any purpose whatsoever? just curious.   smile

U S A R / 74 D / R E C O N  P S G

WTB: Specialized Spanky red striped 24" tires.

#22 2007-02-22 1:43pm

Kosy-Moto
Intermediate

HELL Yeah makes the bike float alot lighter... hehehe WELL that's what they thought and made all those poor kids believe BITD. hehehe...

THATS FACTORY !!

#23 2007-02-25 7:20am

GUN-808
Website

It had me goin i guess...haha..(hangs head in shame)

Buzzing on BMX...

#24 2007-02-25 7:26am

79supergoose
For Sale Restricted
Bikes: 4

wow it came bronze that must have looked insane .OH MY BAD  METALLIC BRONZE !!!!  DUDE RESTORE IT TO THAT IF POSSIBLE

Get busy livin or get busy dyin......dam right
LOOKIN 4
Someone who can logo ol vinyl snap pads

#25 2007-02-25 9:31pm

Sumo178
Banned
Bikes: 2

Kosy-Moto can you get me a pic of the Invada brake bridge? Do you have any more info on this bike?

Board footer

View Cart →